homepage

[SABOW] Weapon Mod (ex-Small Arms Accuracy)

Posted By: Krabb

[SABOW] Weapon Mod (ex-Small Arms Accuracy) - 01/23/12 05:24 PM

Weapon Mod
(ex-Small Arms Accuracy)

Requirements:
September 2015 patch

Version 3.0

- Updated for September 2015 patch.
- Changes from previous versions removed as unnecessary after recent patch.

Shrapnel 3Sh6 for T-62 is available from 1985 (for user campaigns) and in the quick battle only for USSR. To select it Ctrl+right click on the OF (HE) shell icon.

Acknowledgements (in alphabetic order):

A_A_A (sukhoi.ru) - adjustment of fire procedure,
Andrey12345 - valuable advices,
FlashBurn (SimHQ) - good review,
Hollywood (sukhoi.ru) - good suggestion.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mal22forjlo26ia/weapon_mod_v3.0.gt2extension
Posted By: FlashBurn

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/25/12 11:31 PM

Anybody tried this yet? My fear is that all mg's turn into laser beams. Well I'm gonna give it a go, but if coax mg's turn into 1 moa sniper mg I will not be impressed. Like all the games out there where some fat nerd sees that an m16 can shoot 2moa then makes there game/mod shoot that way while running around getting shot at.......ya NO. Under that kind of condidtion try closer to 50 moa if your really good.

But, will give mod a shot. biggrin But ive used a m240C, .50 cal mg (my baby), 240B, mk19, and 25mm chaingun so Ill be brutal if it wrong. lol

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/26/12 11:12 AM

I'm interested in your review. I know the actual procedure only for PKT, so did others similar to it (they shouldn't be worse, right?). Technically, I just changed circular error probability (russian: KVO - krugovoe verojatnoe otklonenie, КВО - круговое вероятное отклонение) coefficient for these machine guns (in game mechanics, actually, shells, so other guns of similar caliber are affected, such as famous 7.62 rifles - AK, SVD, etc.) from default 1.2 to 0.5.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/27/12 05:05 AM

Ok, I think its better than default. That was all wrong the other way. Now I just tried the m85 and m60 coax. M85 seems a little too accurate to me. Now Ive never used an m85 of course but m2 hb .50 cal was my baby. Longest I ever shot at stuff with that was 1600 meters off a HMMWV using a T&E. At that range its hard to get enough rounds of your cone of fire onto a truck target. But at 1000 meters rounds should be all over a target area the size of a truck from a fixed mount (not free handing it). Right now with your mod the m85 has hardly any dispersion at 700 meters.

M60 coax, Way better than default. I think it might be a little to accurate but i don't think its that far off. Coax mgs usually have a little give in there mounts so they produce a larger cone of fire. But only a little give. Ill try out the T62 next.

Oh do you know what variables need to get changed for rate of fire? That m85 needs help. Sure its a crap tastic 12.7mm but it IS a 12.7 mg.

Ok, overall i think your mod is alot better than default biggrin. Personally I would like see a little more dispersion, just a lilttle, but I think Ill keep it in the vary short mod list. biggrin

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/27/12 04:25 PM

Rate of fire is in shared\packed_data\tabs.flatdata\common_res_mod.loc_def.engcfg2. You need "weapons" table there. I will use PKT as an example:

PKT, 1, 0, MGUN, 3, 0, 0, 0, 40, 7.62, 1, 0.25, 0.1, 0.04, 250, 0.1, 5, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0.1, 0, 0, 1, 0, shot_pkt, , , , 10, 2, 0, 0, txt_gun_pkt, MGUN, , B_762, 0, 2;

First value (0.1) is shell reload time, and second (5) - clip reload time. So, for rate of fire you need the first, it should be 30 / <rate of fire>. Don't fully understand why there is 30 instead of 60, but my experiments show 30 fits better.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/27/12 06:09 PM

I got KPVT and M2 HB real data, so will update the mod soon. It would be better if I found M85 accuracy characteristics, but I think M2 is very similar, so there should not be much difference.

I probably will not modify M73, it uses the same 7.62 caliber as PKT and I adjusted 7.62 specifically for PKT.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/27/12 07:30 PM

New version is out!

- KPVT and M85 adjusted to real data.
- For PKT and M85 cyclic rate of fire is set instead of effective (700 and 400 RPM, respectively).

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/27/12 07:59 PM

Well m85 is a screwed up light version of an m2 HB, Im guessing its downrange performance when mounted in turret is pretty darn close. But 400 RPM? That sounds wrong to me, also considering it had a high rate of fire selector (to damned fast for .50 IMO) of 1000 rounds a minute. Who is going to time their mg to 400 rounds a minute? No one on purpose. biggrin

Wonder if its possible to have both rates of fire? Not sure how that would work out but??????????? I guessing if where possible it would be clunky.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/28/12 09:37 AM

Ive tried your updated, I like it. 50cal

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/28/12 12:49 PM

New version is out!

- Accuracy adjusted according to Andrey's advices.
- Mod has two versions now: small_arms_accuracy_high_rpm - high rate of fire mode for M85 (1050 RPM) and small_arms_accuracy_low_rpm - low rate of fire mode (400 RPM).

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 01/28/12 10:41 PM

WOW, nice biggrin
Posted By: JamesL

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/03/12 11:56 PM

Hi Krabb - Could you make a mod which lowers the accuracy of small arms & AVF Mg's for use in APOS? An unusual request I know but the small arms in APOS just seem too accurate to be realistic. I'd suggest lowering accuracy by 50%!

It'd great if you would. I wish I could do this myself but I find it impossible to decipher the mod system!!!

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 12:59 PM

Hi, JamesL. There will be a new patch for APOS soon. It will increase the accuracy of certain weapons (like patch 5 for SABOW) according to real values. Let's wait for it. Although I don't want to set some unrealistic values without any known info.

With the changes from patch 5, I doubt my mod is needed and will abandon it, probably. What do you think guys?

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 01:19 PM

Still have not fired up and played yet. updating my updated mini mod. But accuracy was changed on B5? Big question....what rate of fire is B5 m85 set at?

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 01:30 PM

Beta 5 changed accuracy, partly from my values, partly some better ones. About rate of fire I have a suspicion that it was changed a little, too (M85 still at low RPM, though).

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 01:55 PM

still have to play with that. Do you know if it is possible to have both rates of fire? Even doing it sloppy like duplicating weapons in config and using change view to do it. Would be neato.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 02:21 PM

I have to think about it. This is a bit tougher than changing a few numbers. reading

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 02:26 PM

Oh yes I know. biggrin

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 07:44 PM

Ok, I got commander an additional MG, but he shouts "Fire!" on every shot. I think it's too hackish, so will continue with two mod versions.

Almost forgot...

Warning! At the moment mod is not compatible with beta 5 patch.

Please, disable or uninstall it.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 08:32 PM

Hi Krabb - I know that the small arms accuracy in APOS is most probably technically right, I doubt Andry ect would not have got that wrong! But by technically right I mean small arms accuracy as taken from firing range results. In the heat of battle its another matter as many studies have shown that under battle conditions with incoming fire ect soldiers tend to not aim as well and often just shoot in the general area of the enemy! By proposing a cut of 50% in accuracy I recon it'd simulate this well as at the moment firefights are too deadly over in no time with whole squads wiped out - in game terms it'd also make for more tense & realistic firefights with suppression and manouver playing a greater part.

I may be wrong but i'd like to test this out. I don't propose a mod for general realese yet - maybe someting we could work on together. Or prahaps you could tell me how you altered small arms accuracy so could do it myself as I find the mod guide a total enigma!

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 10:08 PM

I've got your point. I will make another mod version with reduced accuracy, but want to wait for new patch for APOS and make a "universal" mod both for SABOW and APOS (their configs are compatible, and actually the same).

And I think 50% is too much, what do you think if I make, say, 30%? It needs testing, probably. If you don't want to wait for the patch, PM me, please. I will write the steps to change the accuracy, or will make a test mod for a few weapons (what do you prefer?).

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/04/12 11:23 PM

A pM is in the post!

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 03:58 PM

New version is out!

- Updated for beta 5 patch.
- Changes from previous versions are removed as unnecessary after patch 5.
- Rate of fire adjusted for PKT and M85.
- Green tracers replaced by red.
- New mod variants: different accuracy, 3Sh6 for T-62.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 04:02 PM

could you explain 3Sh6. Is this the missing HE shell from some t62 gun sights? Listed as HE20 something on stadiA?

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 04:44 PM

No, it's shrapnel round (or maybe flachette is the correct term), somewhat similar to M494. It was very rare and used only by Soviet Army in a few cases in Afghanistan. I even coudn't find all the info about it.

Where did you find HE20? Do you mean &#1055;&#1042; (PV) at 2000 m mark? It means battle range - prjamojj vystrel, &#1087;&#1088;&#1103;&#1084;&#1086;&#1081; &#1074;&#1099;&#1089;&#1090;&#1088;&#1077;&#1083;.

Oh, crap these silly codepages! duh

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 04:57 PM

check out page 11 fine he18

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA392790

Granted thats a document from 79ish. Probably a captured t62 that came the US's way via Israel

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Krabb
No, it's shrapnel round (or maybe flachette is the correct term), somewhat similar to M494. It was very rare and used only by Soviet Army in a few cases in Afghanistan. I even coudn't find all the info about it.

Where did you find HE20? Do you mean &#1055;&#1042; (PV) at 2000 m mark? It means battle range - prjamojj vystrel, &#1087;&#1088;&#1103;&#1084;&#1086;&#1081; &#1074;&#1099;&#1089;&#1090;&#1088;&#1077;&#1083;.

Oh, crap these silly codepages! duh

Nice Russian there.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 06:15 PM

3OF18 is a long ranged HE, it was approved a little later than U5-TS and its 3OF11. If I'm not mistaken, this shell wasn't exported, as well as T-62 with gun sights for it. Maybe I will add this shell someday too, but I don't want to mess with gun sights.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 06:20 PM

Oh I hear you. The gun sight itself not the problem. Getting the data for shell to match staria line is the issue. I didnt know what the heck HE shell it was talking about. So when you said shapnel shell I just wondered.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 06:34 PM

Yeah, that shrapnel has even never been on stadia. And the reliability of my data is so low, it's probably a fantastic shrapnel. hahaha

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 06:45 PM

Im trying to figure out all the number config stuff for energa anti tank rifle grenade. What I have now will kill a t62 from the side but is way to accurate.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 02/06/12 07:18 PM

I've just PM'd my updated info about config.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 03/10/12 02:46 PM

New version is out!

- Updated for beta 2 (march) patch.
- Changes from previous versions are removed as unnecessary after recent patch.
- Mod variants with different accuracy are removed (due to unpopularity).

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 11/20/12 08:23 AM

New version is out!

- Updated for beta 3 (August 2012) patch.
- Ballistics of 3Sh6 set to match 3OF11.
- Guns and machine guns boresighted according to real data.
- Tweaked a bit AI projectile selection preferences.

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 11/26/12 07:57 PM

New version is out!

- Fixed missing T-62 crew in the Afghan campaign.
Posted By: whukid

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 12/02/12 09:43 AM

Krabb, I like this very much. Would you mind if I made the next IDF mod release compatible with it?

Re: [SABOW] Small Arms Accuracy mod - 12/02/12 11:26 AM

Sure, why not? smile

Although, I tried to make it compatible with any mod. It changes not the whole config files, but only some of the lines, i.e. accumulative system, not substitutive. For example, div_units_misc contains only lines for T-62, but not the rest. docs\modwork\modtools.pdf has an obscure description of that somewhere in section 4.2.

Re: [SABOW] Weapon Mod (ex-Small Arms Accuracy) - 12/02/12 06:38 PM

Why no one asks about "- Tweaked a bit AI projectile selection preferences."?

Re: [SABOW] Weapon Mod (ex-Small Arms Accuracy) - 10/01/15 01:16 PM

Version 3.0

- Updated for September 2015 patch.
- Changes from previous versions removed as unnecessary after recent patch.
Posted By: Hector42

Re: [SABOW] Weapon Mod (ex-Small Arms Accuracy) - 10/01/15 06:20 PM

Where do i put this file please?

Re: [SABOW] Weapon Mod (ex-Small Arms Accuracy) - 10/01/15 06:24 PM

In the game updater.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums