homepage

Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog?

Posted By: specialksl

Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/10/13 01:51 AM

I am wondering who made the purchase of this product after spending almost $500.00 on their Warthog system to add another $500.00. Unless you have a lot of "throw" away income, how much better is this mod and is it really needed?

This isn't meant as an insult to the manufacture, just my curiosity.
Posted By: CTR69

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/10/13 02:48 AM

Only if you're into BMS... It doesn't make sense in DCS, imo.
Posted By: piiman

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/18/13 01:53 AM

I give up what is fssb
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/18/13 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: piiman
I give up what is fssb

http://www.realsimulator.com/html/fssb_r3_warthog.html
Posted By: Ltfransky

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/19/13 01:05 AM

But what does the acronym mean? (FSSB) I'm curious

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/19/13 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Ltfransky
But what does the acronym mean? (FSSB) I'm curious

I'd *guess* it's Force Sensing Sensor Board.
Posted By: Frederf

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/20/13 12:15 AM

That is pretty funny. The website marketing the "FSSB" never actually explains the acronym.

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/20/13 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Frederf
That is pretty funny. The website marketing the "FSSB" never actually explains the acronym.

Yes, that seems to be the case. I did find a reference to "sensor board" in there somewhere, hence my guess.
Posted By: Frederf

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/21/13 12:19 AM

It's "force sensing" or "force sensitive." Basically it works like an F-16 SSC. It has a force transducer and zero/minimal physical control movement. This would be a good idea if you're trying to model a F-16/F-22/F-35 (I think the JSF is like the Viper).
Posted By: piiman

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/21/13 04:00 AM

it seems a little over priced when you consider TM made the whole stick and throttle and all they make is the sensor part for basically the same price the whole unit. Which is probably why they don't have a single comment in their forums.
Posted By: Ltfransky

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 03/24/13 03:23 AM

Any of the TM mods that I've seen have been crazy expensive. No one can seem to modify the Cougar/Warthog without doubling the original purchase price.
Posted By: Hamblue

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 04/12/13 08:53 PM

Guess if you want one another option would be to get the X65 which does the same thing and gives you the whole set-up.
Posted By: scrim

Re: Has anyone purchased the FSSB for their Warthog? - 05/13/15 05:43 PM

Late input, but as the happy owner of an FSSB mod, I can say this: Don't get it for the Warthog. If you get it for BMS, or any other F-16 sim, go ahead, it's worth it. But not only is it unrealistic for the A-10, it's also massively awkward. The A-10 lacks a flight control system like the F-16. Just leveling out and letting go of the stick won't cause the plane to fly straight. Take a look at the control UI next time you fly the A-10, and you'll see that there's a lot of small control inputs you have to make for level flight, whereas in BMS it's you can literally speaking let go of the stick.

Having a force sensing stick as opposed to one that actually moves is a massive pain with the A-10, or any other plane in DCS really, you just wind up with a very awkwardly flying and responding plane. That said, for BMS it's absolutely fantastic. If an F-16 module is ever released for DCS, then I'd assume it will be the same for that.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums