homepage

DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12

Posted By: Wrecking Crew

DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/29/11 01:22 AM

Hello DCS A-10C pilots,

Join SimHQ and the 104th Phoenix Squadron for the second SimHQ Fly-In of Digital Combat Simulator's A-10C Warthog!

The Fly-In is open to pilots of all skill levels, snowbirds and turtles, second-year veterans, and experienced tank busters. Pilots new to A-10C multiplayer are especially encouraged to join this Fly-In. This is an informal event with no minimum required skill level. There are Air Start slots in the missions, so mastery of the Ramp Start checklist is not required.

We had a great turnout at the last event in September. There were some *really* impressive teams, and a lot of individual participation for the fun of getting together; it was fun to watch in F2++ Views. There was plenty of chatter on TeamSpeak about basic setup stuff, too - lots of discussion about switchology and techniques.

This Fly In will feature the SimHQ TeamSpeak3 server for voice comms, as well as any other TS3 servers/channels that pilots want to join - whatever you want to use for flight ops - do it. The SimHQ TS3 channel will be there for anyone who wants to discuss *all* aspects of this exciting sim.
SimHQ now has a separate TARS channel under the A-10C TeamSpeak channel for TARS radio coms.

The SimHQ Teamspeak 3 server is available to registered SimHQ users for voice comms during the mission and includes a dedicated TARS channel for those who use TARS, link here - ExcessiveHeadspace's nifty utility. Registration at SimHQ is fast, easy and free - take a moment to visit, simmers. TS3 and TARS are not required to join the Fly-In.

SimHQ and the 104th Phoenix Squadron are planning the next DCS A-10C Fly In for November 11-12. Like the September Fly In, this one will start on Friday evening U.S. time and go through Saturday. Plenty of time during the weekend to strap on that A-10C and take it for a spin in MultiPlayer. There is no need to register for the event or download any mission packs. Look for mission briefings to follow.

We will again use the 104th_Phoenix server and the stallturn server for Flight Operations.
SimHQ will have TeamSpeak3 channels available.
SimHQ MultiPlayer Menu
104th / stallturn Mission Briefings

To join the flight ops, strap on your jet, start up multiplayer, log in and then go to the 104th_Phoenix or stallturn server.

-----

Friday, November 11th is the United States of America National Holiday, Veteran's Day. The folks who organized this Fly In want to salute our women and men in uniformed armed forces, all over the world, for all service members. Similarly we also would like to recognize the defense forces in many countries that contribute to local and global security, peacekeeping, and humanitarian assistance. We salute you all!

Wrecking Crew
EinsteinEP
104th_Moa

Da Rules:

In order to ensure fun play for everyone, there are some ground rules and/or guidelines listed below. In general, if a player is disrupting everyone else's good time, they will be kicked and/or banned.
Shoot to Kill, Play to Have Fun. It's not just a motto, it's...ok, well, actually it is just a motto, but it's a pretty good one. Play nice.
No team-killing, consensual or otherwise.
No obscene language, VOIP or text. Not all folks enjoy obscene language, even if meant in good humor. Other folks may have friends/family reading the chat messages over their shoulder or listening in on external speakers and may hear what you intended as a closed room comment.
Use push-to-talk on your VOIP program.
Read the chat bar and send text messages (TAB key) for important comms in addition to broadcasting over VOIP (not everyone may using the same VOIP program).
Not everyone needs to be certified in brevity code (and not everyone is!) but be Clear and Concise.
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brevity_code Another link from Panther: http://www.pantherden.net/Training%20Doc/Training%20Material/Manuals/brevity.pdf
There will be an “active runway” at each airbase that includes a preferred direction for takeoff/landing. Ask if you’re not sure. Do not go against the flow, even if it means a longer flight or taxi. Declare an emergency in chat within ten miles of the airbase if you must go against the active runway heading and call for a clear runway and state how far out you are in miles and minutes.
Stop and announce intentions before rolling onto a runway, even if just taxiing “quickly” across. Tip: Check the surrounding area for other players using the F10 map view.
Don't back taxi down a runway unless there's no other way to go. Even then, announce it to the group.
The priority order when there’s a conflict for runway or taxiway access is as follows:
1) Emergency (damage or low fuel)
2) Landing
3) Taking off
4) Taxiing to runway
5) Taxiing from runway
In the event of a priority tie “Got There First” and “Right of Way” (i.e., if the other vehicle is to your right, you let them go ahead of you) are the tie breakers.
Clear the runway as fast as possible after landing and then announce it: "Skippy5 is clear of the active runway!"

Remember, we're all here to have fun. If you find yourself not having fun, angry or upset, step away from the Warthog HOTAS for a few minutes, cool down, and then rejoin. And, of course, please let me know in the SimHQ forum or via PM what we can do better next time.

Any questions? Post them here or contact myself, Wrecking Crew, or 104th_Moa.
Posted By: EinsteinEP

Re: DCS A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/29/11 01:30 AM

Will so be there. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, Wreck!
Posted By: - Ice

Re: DCS A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/29/11 01:59 AM

Finally, the "secret" has been unveiled!

Looking forward to this one!
Posted By: Revelation78

Re: DCS A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/29/11 01:53 PM

I wish I would be back by then, still have 60 days left in Afghanistan then I get to fly with you guys again!
Posted By: Toadster

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/29/11 04:05 PM

Thanks for the post guys... see you that weekend!

S!
Posted By: kylania

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/29/11 09:07 PM

Aww, that's Skyrim weekend. smile
Posted By: howcome

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/30/11 01:36 AM

I had a great time during the last event. Very noob (me) friendly, I learned a bunch. Will definitely be there, hopefully I can hit something this time.
Posted By: Mustang

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/30/11 02:27 AM

Hope to make it too this time around smile

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/30/11 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: kylania
Aww, that's Skyrim weekend. smile
Take 60 minute break and go let loose some Mavericks. We'll be up all day.
Posted By: coolts

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/31/11 12:15 PM

Hiya

For us Britishers shivering in the cold and soggy Halloween weather, what time will that be? Is it East coast or West coast time, etc.

Basically i need to know whether to go to the pub on the Friday and fly on the Saturday wink

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/31/11 08:07 PM

@coolts,

The plan is to start the fly-in Friday evening US time. When's last call in Bristol? US time'll be between 4 and 7 hours after yours, so probably a good bet to put in a few pints and get a fresh start Saturday. Remember, the "24 hours from bottle to throttle" rule doesn't apply here!
Posted By: Panther

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 10/31/11 11:04 PM

Doh this would be on the same weekend of the local airshow. banghead

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/01/11 12:55 AM

Remind me next year to delay any Veteran's Day Fly In announcements until after October.

ready
Posted By: Macedk

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/01/11 02:05 AM

Could we make it abit more coop smile

Was apart of foxflag in 2007 and it was great smile

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/01/11 02:12 AM

Hi Macedk -
It's all co-op!

All the missions are team coops that the 104th has served up so far. In fact in about a year of multiplayer I've joined just one Red vs. Blue, some time ago.

We have strict rules against Team Kills. Last co-op it was a 15 minute time-out - I thonk I heard it's being increased to 1 hour... (j/k!)

Hope to see you there. Don't mind the sillyness above, I think it's temporary.

WC
Posted By: Cowboy10uk

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/01/11 08:51 PM

Thanks for organizing this, I would love to fly and support this great idea, Sadly as its remembrance weekend. I'm afraid I wont be able to make it, Already commited to doing remembrance parade. I will be thinking of you all though.

Maybe next time,

Cowboy10uk

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/02/11 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Womble
Thanks for organizing this, I would love to fly and support this great idea, Sadly as its remembrance weekend. I'm afraid I wont be able to make it, Already commited to doing remembrance parade. I will be thinking of you all though.

Maybe next time,

Cowboy10uk

Wont you be free on the saturday though? The '11th day' is the friday but that evening will be US players because of the timing and the UK parades, etc are usually on the sunday arent they?
Posted By: Coutie

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/02/11 04:36 PM

WC, will it be going into Saturday morning, or are you going to start up again around noon or something on Saturday?

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/02/11 06:49 PM

@Coutie,

IIRC, last time the server was running constantly, with folks hopping in and out as they wanted to. I hopped on at 8am MST on Saturday and the server was almost full. I expect an even better turnout this time around.

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/02/11 07:19 PM

Coutie, folks -
The first Fly In in September had pilots in the 104th Phoenix server on Friday night Colorado time (GMT -6, I believe). I got in around 1900 Friday and stayed until about 0100 Saturday. Got back in Saturday at 0730 and stayed most all day until 0100 Sunday.

Folks were going strong both times that I left. I imagine based upon the last Fly In that the servers will continue well into Sunday my time...

The 104th Phoenix server is in the U.S. The stallturn server is in New Zealand. So those guys running the flight servers have all the time zones covered!

WC

pilot
Posted By: Coutie

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/02/11 10:05 PM

Ok, I won't make it Friday night probably, but I will on Saturday, and I will bring a couple of people.
Posted By: Headspace

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/03/11 02:10 AM

I'll give it a shot. I haven't played much MP lately.
Posted By: split61

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/03/11 12:53 PM

I think I'll be taking the day off work for this. Had a blast the last time flying with Einstein and Wrecking Crew. This'll be good stuff next weekend! Any prep work anyone knows of to make sure I have myself set for the weekend? This'll be my first dedicated "fly-in"!
Split

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/03/11 04:17 PM

Folks,
Please take a few minutes to visit the 104th_Phoenix website.

I shoulda posted this link before! DOH

WC
Posted By: Remon

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/03/11 04:27 PM

Oh, can we bring our Black Sharks if the compatibility patch has been released by then?

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/04/11 12:57 AM

Remon -
Wouldn't that be a blast!

But to answer your question - I don't know. Prolly have to wait for the update to see how mission editing is affected...

Who in the world wants to fly a Russian helicopter, anyways?! copter

WC

stirthepot ready
Posted By: Weaponz248

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/04/11 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew

Who in the world wants to fly a Russian helicopter, anyways?! copter

WC

stirthepot ready

LOL In Soviet Russia Helicopter flys you!! wink

All jokes aside. I couldnt make the last one but will try to make this one. Are we going to get a time listing again or is it the same as the last one?
Posted By: Hrvoje

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/04/11 11:56 AM

Will join gladly....
Posted By: Duality

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/05/11 03:23 PM

Regarding the TARS channel, does anyone have a good link to the old TeamSpeak 3.0.0 client? I have the 3.0.1 version and noticed on the TARS site that is is not compatible with the latest 1.01 beta.
Posted By: Expendable

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/06/11 03:56 PM

Being a veteran, and into DCS A-10C, I have to say that this sounds like a great chance to try the multiplayer aspect. I'll be flying in from Tokyo so the fact that it's an all day affair has special interest for me.

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/06/11 09:38 PM

Expendable -
Welcome to SimHQ. Glad you found this notice - hope to see you in the skies.

WC

hmmm, I think I'll head over to the MP lobby right now.

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/07/11 02:27 AM

Folks,
We really do want to encourage pilots new to multi-player to join in this November 2011 Fly In.

There will be plenty of slots to sit down in on the tarmac and get the feel of multi-player, also Air Start slots on most of the missions. Rampant Bear is one mission that can go on for +20 hours - lots of targets to find, observe and kill.

Use the Tab key to text chat. Use ' to see the other pilots in your mission.

This ship is a target in Pirates Of The Crimean. \\This picture came from a friend in the CIA.\\

Check out Page 649 of the A-10C Flight Manual for Airdromes Data - Tower frequencies for Start Up, Taxi and Take Off instructions. If anyone wants to take control of a tower and act as ATC then go right ahead - every bit helps. The last Fly In we had one taxiway stacked up with five aircraft and all the Tower could do was say 'Hold position Boar 1-1!" Who's Boar 1-1, anyway?

I'll be at 20,000+ feet tracking the battle below. Come on upstairs and discuss Nets and SPI hand-offs and entering enemy positions into the CDU.

I did hear back that if the Black Shark compatibility patch is out then the effort will be made to accommodate it - no guarantees, of course... might mean everyone would have to have the patch. (?)

This A-10C pilot got his wingtips burned off - made it home OK. Lots of damage.

Wrecking Crew
(Boar 1-1)

Posted By: Scoobe

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/07/11 02:46 AM

Im off those days, so there is no reason I cant attend. Ive never gone online with A10 yet, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

Rob

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/07/11 03:35 AM

Will you be on TS3, Scoobe? Looking forward to flying with you!
Posted By: Scoobe

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/07/11 08:14 AM

Originally Posted By: EinsteinEP
Will you be on TS3, Scoobe? Looking forward to flying with you!

Yes I will. Looking forward to flying with you too.,

Rob

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/07/11 12:29 PM

Guys. I don’t want to throw a potential spanner in the works, but sods law means that ED will release 1.1.10 on Friday wont they wink

If that happens, will your servers be updated ASAP or should we hold off upgrading our clients? I guess you can hold off on any announcement till Wed/Thursday.

I really really want the new patch, but the fly-in has priority. I’ve even shipped the GF off for the weekend. (She’s off driving Tanks about an army range so am not sure I got the best deal here ;))
Posted By: redfish

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/07/11 09:33 PM

Sounds like fun. I'm in.
Posted By: 104th_Moa

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/07/11 11:10 PM

The availability of the BlackShark 2 in the missions is entirely dependent on when ED release the A-10C 1.10 compatibility patch. I'd really like to upgrade my missions (especially Rampant Bear) to get the shark in if at all possible - both as BLUEFOR and REDFOR aircraft.

If there is enough time to put Sharks in the mission, give them some cool sharkey things to do, test it all, and give enough time for all the A-10C players to get the patch installed then Sharks will definitely be in.

Otherwise, it'll have to be something anticipated for Fly-In III smile

See you all there.
Posted By: redfish

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/08/11 12:20 AM

Can you guys make some KC-135's rotate throughout the day/night of the fly-in?

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/08/11 01:30 PM

Are there going to be mission briefings and start times posted. I'm going to try to get into this thing from the start. I'm off work at 1pm central time Friday and have Saturday off. Einstein and Wrecking Crew I would love to fly with you again.
Can't wait to chew up some T-72s!!!
Split

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/08/11 01:58 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome WC. I went to the 104th's website and I'll try and get TARS and TS3 installed--not a huge problem but it will be the first time trying either of those systems so I expect the standard fudge it till I find it drill.
Posted By: Longbow fanatic

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/08/11 02:12 PM

Everyone I'll try to join too it's been forever since I've used TS3 and only tried the TARS once...unfortunatley I'll be at work in Kuwait and the internet there is pretty lousy at best... so hopefully see you all in the virtual skies!

Also... will you be setting up TARS for one flight group to use a certain FM channel, and all the flight groups can communicate through an AM chnnel... so we can know what the other groups are up to via monitioring the AM channel, will also help to know if others are in the landing pattern?

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/08/11 03:02 PM

@Longbow,

TARS is not a requirement for this fly-in and there will be a lot of us who will not be using it. Last time we had two folks who used TARS.

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/08/11 04:37 PM

Ok thx EP... I think it's implementation could be great if different flight groups could be on the their own freq's. but everyone in game could still monnitor another freq that everyone could use... if I remeber correctly with basic TS3 it is not asscociated with the radio freq's at all ( which is waht TARS is for) so everyone on the same TS3 channel can hear everyone else, unless different TS3 channels are set up for differnet flight groups in the briefing room...sounds like fun can't wait and hope I can get on with everyone... have to get my A10 skills honed again:-}}
Posted By: BlueHeron

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/08/11 06:58 PM

Silly question? How do I connect to the 104th's server once I start A-10 multiplayer? Do I need to know the server address or will it show up in a list?

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/08/11 07:35 PM

Hi BlueHeron,
Start up A-10C and click on the Multiplayer link, or start A-10C from the desktop Multiplayer icon if you have that.

You then need to 'Connect' which requires an account with DCS. Once you conncet then you will see the listing of the current MP servers. Open servers won't have a little lock symbol to the left of the server entry.

The 104th server will be listed, as well as the stallturn server. Join one of those - it will then load the mission for you, you don't need to do any downloading prep. See the first post in this thread for a link to four missions that we have briefings for.

Both servers were up last evening. See if you can join them before the weekend and let me know if you have any difficulty.

See you there this weekend!

WC

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/08/11 08:05 PM

Thanks Crew, I'll try this tonight. Can't wait to fly MP for the first time!

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/09/11 02:50 AM

Well, I was able to login to multiplayer with both DCS:A-10 and DCS:Ka-50, but there were no servers listed at all. darkcloud

I assume if it was a network issue, I wouldn't be able to login. Why wouldn't I see any servers?

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/09/11 04:32 AM

Quick question, I have never flown online and would like to know how you get placed in the plane. What I mean is will you get briefed on who your wingmen are and who is lead?

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/09/11 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueHeron
Well, I was able to login to multiplayer with both DCS:A-10 and DCS:Ka-50, but there were no servers listed at all. darkcloud

I assume if it was a network issue, I wouldn't be able to login. Why wouldn't I see any servers?

BlueHeron -
Once you get into the multiplayer lobby, there is a Options link at the bottom - use that to set your handle and Internet speed. Then there's a drop down at the top that lets you choose between Internet and LAN - I suspect you may be set to LAN, that would explain it.

We can get onto SimHQ TeamSpeak tonight or tomorrow if you want to talk through this. Send me a PM.

Originally Posted By: Weaponz248
Quick question, I have never flown online and would like to know how you get placed in the plane. What I mean is will you get briefed on who your wingmen are and who is lead?

Weaponz248 -
Once you join a server you will be presented with the mission briefing. Hit the Fly button to see all of the slots for the mission, and the names of the pilots who are in the mission. Some missions have multiple airfields and there may also be Air Start slots listed. That's basically it. Choose a slot and jump in. In MP, all the rest is up to you and the other pilots. The mission briefings may include tasks and routes for specific groups, but you will need to communicate with others either through text chat (Tab) or TeamSpeak 3. (I don't use TARS, but there is a SimHQ TS3 TARS channel for those who do.)

You can get on a specific Net through your TADS screen and then all members of your Net will be displayed on TADS in purple. You can spot targets and broadcast the SPI for others to persecute. smile

In the last Fly In there was a group, the 388th, who really had their coordination down. They were impressive in their attack runs and mutual support. I hope to run into those guys again.

And I've seen plenty of small groups of two or three who will come into a MP mission and take off and fly together. pilot

Wrecking Crew

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 12:53 AM

Cool Thanks WC!

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 02:21 PM

Yikes! I was still running version 1.1.0.7. Talk about not keeping up!

I upgraded to 1.1.0.9 and now everything's cool. Thanks, Crew.

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 02:57 PM

1.1.10 patch it out guys! (upgrade from 1.1.0.9)

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 03:16 PM

D'oh!! Now that 1.1.1.0 is out, do we need to upgrade before connecting to 104th server this weekend?

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 03:41 PM

Where is the announcement that 1.1.1.0 is out? I just see a preliminary changelog here.

Addtionally, we'll need to wait for official confirmation from the 104th on whether or not their server will be patched up to 1.1.1.0 or not. Please don't just assume that it will be!

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 03:52 PM

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/patches/

go get it!!

installing ASAP so lets hope the server admins follow suit!

(no anouncement yet)

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 03:57 PM

Oh knew this would happen the patch right before the big fly in.... I'm gonna hold off til confirmation from the 104th guys...

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 04:15 PM

I knew this would happen which is why i asked for a statement the other day. 1/2 will have it and 1/2 wont.

they say fools rush in? I want working cbu-97's so call me.......daft!

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 05:34 PM

Hi Guys,
Thanks to 104th_Polecat the 104th A-10C server is already patched to version 1.1.0.10. While it is tempting to leave the stallturn server at 1.1.0.9 the reality is that everyone will want to have fun flying the new patch, so stallturn will be patched as well.

Summary
: both servers will be patched to run A-10C v1.1.0.10 and you'll get to use the funky new stuff (including Black Sharks for those who have BS2).

See you there!
Posted By: Chaz

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 05:42 PM

Quote:

Summary: both servers will be patched to run A-10C v1.1.0.10 and you'll get to use the funky new stuff (including Black Sharks for those who have BS2).

See you there!

Sweet!

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 05:52 PM

Cheers Moa. That makes things nice and clear! See you there.
Posted By: neilydone

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 07:03 PM

I'll try and be there!

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/10/11 08:00 PM

OK pilots,
Per 104th_Moa, the new 1.1.1.0 version will be on both servers, stallturn and the 104th_Phoenix.

My experience with these A-10C patches and the multiplayer servers is that every multiplayer flight server will move to the new patch right away.

My A-10C install is not through Steam, but it is my understanding that you can dl the 1.1.1.0 version and install it using your Steam's A-10C key.

I just finished pulling down the full new version at work where I have a fast internet connection - took a little over an hour to dl the four files. On my DSL model at home the last patch took about 12 hours.

WC
Posted By: Lobo_63

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/11/11 04:01 AM

Have never tried the A-10 in mp... however I'm dling the 1.1 patch and am stoked to join you all in the skies! Will be using TS3.

Cheers

Lobo

ar15 copter

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/11/11 03:16 PM

Anybody know what time things will be kicking off tonight?
Split
Posted By: MagnumHB

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/11/11 08:25 PM

Looks like my schedule is clear and I've got some technical issues stabilized, so I should be good to go tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/11/11 09:34 PM

think they said around 1900 pacific time....hmmmmm that's like 5am in Kuwait.... I'll be all bright eyed and bushy tailed!!!

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/11/11 10:12 PM

Hi folks,
The stallturn server is up - I am having issues smile seeing any MP servers in the MP lobby! So I clicked on the History tab and there was stallturn and the 104th listed. I got onto stallturn and Moa is up there right now flying his Black Shark around Senaki.

Here are the IP addresses for our servers - I just copied these down, hope they are right - or try the History tab -
stallturn.com 203.97.221.19:10309

104th Public DCS Server 75.67.253.246:10308

WC

Posted By: PapaJuliet

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 04:57 AM

One good thing from tonight, my cold startup times have improved drastically.

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 04:59 AM

Server and game stability issues are killing me tonight: 5 "client update timeout" kicks and 5 CTDs in two hours. Yikes! I'm going to bed and hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By: EinsteinEP
Server and game stability issues are killing me tonight: 5 "client update timeout" kicks and 5 CTDs in two hours. Yikes! I'm going to bed and hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Unfortunately this looks like a persistent client-side problem in Weapons.dll. I'll be opening a thread on the ED forums and posting data there for the ED team to look at. We did this for after the last fly-in and the ED team sorted out a lot of server-side issues (which is why in this time around we have not had any server crashes, unlike last time).

Some missions are still running fine so it is still worth joining and having a fly.
Posted By: metalnwood

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 06:20 AM

Anyone know what the deal is with MP and snap views? On the 104th all my custom views dont work, they are default. On stallturn they work as expected.

I guess it seems like a server setting but I don't understand what could be wrong with custom snap views that they may be turned off for MP?

BTW, just got my first a2a on the server. Now I know how to use that aim9 smile
Posted By: Airdog67

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 07:20 AM

Originally Posted By: metalnwood
Anyone know what the deal is with MP and snap views? On the 104th all my custom views dont work, they are default. On stallturn they work as expected.

I guess it seems like a server setting but I don't understand what could be wrong with custom snap views that they may be turned off for MP?

BTW, just got my first a2a on the server. Now I know how to use that aim9 smile

I've got the same problem. It seems to be mission specific though because i've had the same issue on both servers the last fly-in. It just depended on which mission they were flying.
Posted By: EtherealN

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 08:31 AM

Thanks Moa, the more data the merrier.

GG and I have had that happen to us also on the server tonight, so we've got some data of our own as well. smile

Originally Posted By: 104th_Moa

Unfortunately this looks like a persistent client-side problem in Weapons.dll. I'll be opening a thread on the ED forums and posting data there for the ED team to look at. We did this for after the last fly-in and the ED team sorted out a lot of server-side issues (which is why in this time around we have not had any server crashes, unlike last time).

Some missions are still running fine so it is still worth joining and having a fly.
Posted By: HarryR

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 09:24 AM

My system crashed/locked up each time I tried to join the server. Would get to loading screen then as the grey line got half way across the bottom it would lock up. D'oh, was looking forward to flying with you.
Posted By: Lobo_63

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 02:02 PM

Thanks to Wrecking Crew and the 104th for setting this up! Connected to the 104th server last night. Managed to get TS working and had my first DCS A-10C multiplayer flight. smile Initally my jet spawned onto a parked Ka50. Also saw an A-10 which was parked on the ramp, hovering unattended about 20' in the air... Did a cold start, got airborne, and a bit of formation flying. Was great to see and hear other human controlled flights. I contributed nothing to the mission other than providing a target for enemy anti-air... had my right engine shot up and my right wing sawed off. Made it back to the runway. All in all it was great fun and I will be back today for more! cheers

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: PapaJuliet
One good thing from tonight, my cold startup times have improved drastically.

+1! Now if I could just find my targets and get the same kind of practice on weapons deployment!

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 02:51 PM

I managed a few good flights, though as expected my ping rate here in Kuwait during the day keeps booting me off of the 104th and crashing out on Stallturn... but the flights I did get in with Slip and BlueHeron were fun.. I forgot who it was that took that Blackshark out with the AIM9.... I go by Longreach in the game... will try to get on tonight after work and when the middle east goes to bed :-))

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 05:40 PM

I had a great time too, once those servers stabilized. I can rarely find anything to shoot at, but at least I'm learning lots from the folks on Teamspeak. Hope to be back on in an hour or so!

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueHeron
I had a great time too, once those servers stabilized. I can rarely find anything to shoot at, but at least I'm learning lots from the folks on Teamspeak. Hope to be back on in an hour or so!

Great to hear you are having fun. Note, for the Fly-In the F10 (map view; you are the white aircraft) and all external views are permitted.

The Printscreen button will take a screenshot (although use with caution, you can introduce lag for other players when printscreening, which can be bad for low flying Hogs). Post snaps of your experience of the event here in SimHQ.

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/12/11 10:01 PM

Before my power went out 3 hours ago I was in the 104th where external views were disabled. That may be why custom views were not working as expected.

I do like having F10, F2 and F7 views. Otherwise need to be really quick on the draw around the danger waypoints.

Heading back up to 20,000+ feet - see you there.

WC

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/13/11 10:50 AM

Ice, WC, Longreach, nice flying with you--gentlemen all. It was good to get a chance to try the MP aspect and though there is a LOT that I need to consider before I'll be comfortable with the TTPs involved, the numerous crashes did force me to ramp start often enough that by the end of the night I was doing it by myself in half the time that it took me to do it with Ice's help.

Looking forward to future export destruction exercises.

Mack
Posted By: - Ice

Re: DCS: A-10C Fly In, November 11-12 - 11/13/11 12:04 PM

Glad you had fun, Mack. And glad to see you've got the rampstart procedure down already, good work! Sometimes I do forget one thing or another so a checklist is very handy, but I'm mostly too lazy to get it out of the shelf smile

See you around!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums