homepage

BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement

Posted By: 20mm

BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 06:00 PM

DCS: A-10C Warthog is now available for pre-purchase of the full digital download version and Beta downloads!

DCS: A-10C Warthog Forum Announcement

Purchasing Information

DCS: A-10C Warthog (English download BETA version)

"DCS: A-10C Warthog" is a PC simulation of the U.S. premier Close Air Support attack aircraft. This is the second aircraft in the DCS series, following DCS: Black Shark, and raises the bar even higher in the DCS series. Warthog brings the most realistic PC simulation of a modern fixed wing combat aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, avionics, sensors, and weapon systems. You also have the option to play Warthog in "Game" mode for a casual game experience. Fly missions in the Caucasus region of the Black Sea against and with a wide array of air, land and sea forces with new and improved intelligence. Create your own missions and campaigns with the included Mission and Campaign Editors, and fly with and against friends online using the included online game browser.

Purchase of Beta version "DCS: A-10C Warthog" also provides access to Beta versions of the game and access to a closed Beta forum. Betas will be updated during development.

THE ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS FOR INSTALLATION AND GAME RUN, AS WELL AS THE INTERNET CONNECTION FOR ACTIVATION ARE REQUIRED

Minimal system requirements: OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7; CPU: Pentium 4 3 GHz; RAM: 2 GB; Graphics: 512 MB ATI or nVidia, DirectX 9 compatible; Sound card; 6 GB of free space on HDD; Copy protected, requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS: Windows 7 64; CPU: Intel Core i7-970; RAM: 4+ GB; Graphics: 512+ MB ATI HD4850+ or nVidia GTX260+; Sound card; 6 GB of free space on HDD; Copy protected, requires internet activation; Joystick.
Posted By: Mace71

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 06:34 PM

Awesome sauce!!!! biggrin
Posted By: HarryR

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 07:54 PM

Thats great news,but, I wonder why they've done that? Bigger funds for developement?
Posted By: Pizzicato

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 08:05 PM

It's always nice to be able to pay the bills. It's also nice to have a large, willing team of testers across a variety of hardware setups and operating systems as you move towards your GMC.
Posted By: Sim

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 08:37 PM

They only have one seed on a torrent. Once I get it, I'll stay up as long as possible.
Posted By: Panther

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Sim
They only have one seed on a torrent. Once I get it, I'll stay up as long as possible.

I'll do the same, sadly my 30 minute download went to 6 hours because the other seeder dropped off.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 08:45 PM

well the 1.79 MB set up file took 3 minutes to download... so guess I'll have it all downloaded just when it comes out of beta. wink
Posted By: Squid_DK

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 09:11 PM

Just finished downloading the torrent version, currently installing

Staffan
Posted By: Quickcord

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 09:23 PM

Great. I spent the day playing that POS MOH beta and just found out about this. Now I am in class and have to wait 3 hours. AGGGGHHHHH!!

Quickcord

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 09:32 PM

So, do you sign an NDA or can we see some pics?
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 09:34 PM

Bin file 2 and I'm there. At 725 MB of 1.86 GB

FYI, there are 4 files...

File Name: setup.exe
File Size: 1.73 MB

File Name: setup-1.bin
File Size: 1.86 GB

File Name: setup-2.bin
File Size: 1.86 GB

File Name: setup-3.bin
File Size: 587.26 MB

Once downloaded, make sure you put all four in one folder before clicking the setup.exe

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: HarryR
Thats great news,but, I wonder why they've done that? Bigger funds for developement?

To test various hardware for any potential issues not covered by the beta team's equipment.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: HarryR
So, do you sign an NDA or can we see some pics?

Nope, open beta is not NDA. Expect pictures and more.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 09:50 PM

Bring it on! I can't afford it until I get paid in 2 weeks so look forward to pics and even better videos smile
Posted By: Tbag

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 09:51 PM

Downloading smile

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 09:58 PM

Thank Guod for that wink Bring on the screenshots!
Posted By: Bahger

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 10:12 PM

Would be interested to know if Beta has full TrackIR and HOTAS functionality and a manual before deciding to pre-purchase, many thanks.
Posted By: Spliff

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 10:23 PM

Downloading! 5days,20hours on the torrent. That's good, I've got a lot of work to complete this week. yep
Posted By: Bahger

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 10:26 PM

Can the download be paused and resumed? Or does the PC have to be always on in order not to cancel an incomplete d/l?

Also, are there working tutorial missions in the Beta?
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 10:33 PM

Currently downloading
Posted By: Skydoc

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 10:34 PM

torrent downloads are very flexible, its a peer-peer download so as long as seeders are around, you can pick up your download where it left off.
Posted By: Para_Bellum

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 11:35 PM

Just wanted to mention that this is still a beta version.

Do NOT expect a 100% polished product.

If you know what to expect from a beta, fine. Otherwise it might be a good idea to wait for the proper release.

Just a word of warning before the forum is flooded with "WTF??! xxx isn't working/is missing" posts.

wink

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/04/10 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Bahger
Would be interested to know if Beta has full TrackIR and HOTAS functionality and a manual before deciding to pre-purchase, many thanks.

I can confirm that the TM HOTAS Warthog is plug and play and works great. TIR works with the 32 bit version but since NP hasn't developed 64 bit drivers for TIR, the TIR doesn't work with the 64bit install of DCS A-10C. The work around is during install, click the "install 32bit files" and launch the 32 bit exe until NP brings the 64 bit drivers.

Oh and there is a full manual too!
Posted By: THX-1138

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 12:44 AM

This is great news! But one thing, will the FINAL version get rid of having to RUN the simulation under FULL ADMIN? I do not see the need to do so unless it is sloppy programing by the developers.
Posted By: Sim

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 12:57 AM

Is manual available to public?
Posted By: Corsair8X

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:19 AM

That's what I would like to know.

I think I'll pass on the beta as I usually find it frustrating and would prefer to wait for a finished product. I'm happy about what they've done because I think it will really help them with finalizing the product.

Happy flying everyone!
Posted By: Nate

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:21 AM

Flight manual (Beta Version) is available here ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?yfilpl8nt0cve90

The archive is passworded, the password is Eagle
Matt OK'd release if anybody is wondering.

Nate

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:23 AM

A kind soul uploaded the beta manual (with Wags' permission):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58315

EDIT: Darn, Nate beat me to it!

biggrin

Posted By: Origin_Freedom

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:26 AM

ty Nate and Matt

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:31 AM

Yes, keep it mind it's beta.

DCS A-10C Warthog BETA Manual

Doh, didn't refresh the page when I posted. Well there's another link for those who want it.
Posted By: Corsair8X

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:52 AM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Sorry, either my brain or my keyboard got stuck. I have been waiting for this manual (beta) for so long. And just like that all other reading material gets forgotten.

Thank you very much for the link. I will now be devoting all of my free time to memorizing this manual as best I can. thumbsup
Posted By: hannibal

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 02:00 AM

saw manual, got blown away
Posted By: hannibal

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Corsair8X
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Thank you very much for the link. I will now be devoting all of my free time to memorizing this manual as best I can. thumbsup

i dont think reading will help me, ill just will be lookin to join practice flight groups... maybe you can spearhead first online training and teach us lazy readers..
Posted By: Chaz

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 02:37 AM

Only everyone and their grandma are downloading the Beta. I haven't been able to get better than 50-60kb/s on either HTTP or FTP. (And I have a very fast connection.) Surprised others were able to download all 4 parts so quick. Guess I'll have to wait a day or two til the panic downloaders are done. reading
Posted By: Ark

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Quickcord
Great. I spent the day playing that POS MOH beta and just found out about this. Now I am in class and have to wait 3 hours. AGGGGHHHHH!!

Quickcord

Don't even get me started on MOH. LOL

On a side note...thank you, AT&T U-verse. cheers
Posted By: EvilBivol-1

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 03:19 AM

Recommend to use the Torrent download option. Speeds may vary, but overall more likely to get everything faster.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 03:30 AM

Thanks EB1.
Posted By: UnderTheRadar

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 03:45 AM

Downloading via Torrent.... WOO EFFING HOO!!!!!!!
Posted By: Ark

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: EvilBivol-1
Recommend to use the Torrent download option. Speeds may vary, but overall more likely to get everything faster.

Agreed.

I was getting about 1 mb/s.

*EDIT* 1.1 mb/s now. Very impressive.
Posted By: Ratherbegliding

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 07:52 AM

Dear ED,

THANK YOU sooo much for releasing the manual. It's helping alleviate the rampant anticipation that is gradually taking over my life.

I have read:
- the A-10A flight manual from cover to cover
- anything and everything I can find on the internet on flying CAS
- searched at my local library for A-10 related material
- purchased 'Warthog: Flying the A-10 in the Gulf War' by William Smallwood (AWESOME read!)

and I was running out of ways to get my A-10 'fix'.

Looks like I'm sorted for the weekend!

RBG
Posted By: Koriel

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 08:27 AM

Bittorrent gave me 4.5mb/s in the end.. took 25 minutes all in all, and I am seeding atm.

Installing
Posted By: Flexman

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 10:01 AM

That's a beautiful manual.
Posted By: Bounty

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 11:09 AM

Never mind found what I was looking for, PURCHASED smile
Posted By: Nate

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: THX-1138
This is great news! But one thing, will the FINAL version get rid of having to RUN the simulation under FULL ADMIN? I do not see the need to do so unless it is sloppy programing by the developers.

Just to note if you install to anywhere other than c:\Program Files (eg c:\Warthog) this is not an issue.

Nate
Posted By: UnderTheRadar

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: *Panther*

I can confirm that the TM HOTAS Warthog is plug and play and works great.

By any chance is the Cougar plug and play as well?

Thanks!
Posted By: Skunk1_Viking

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:56 PM

Minimum P4 3.0GHz !?!?!?! (didn't know they had a 3GHZ+ CPU)
Recommend i7?!?!

Time to get a new rig, lol
Posted By: Skunk1_Viking

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: UnderTheRadar

By any chance is the Cougar plug and play as well?

Thanks!

Thats the rumor. May have some problems with the throttle, but the stick should run fine.
Posted By: jocko-

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 02:17 PM

DL'ing via torrent. Will leave torrent software running.
Posted By: jocko-

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 02:18 PM

BTW, is it would be possible to install both 32 and 64 bit versions in different folders?

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 02:24 PM

Jocko, no need for that. The "additional" 32 bit installation isn't a full install anyway, just a couple of additional files and not very large in terms of MB.
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Skunk1_Viking
Minimum P4 3.0GHz !?!?!?! (didn't know they had a 3GHZ+ CPU)
Recommend i7?!?!

Time to get a new rig, lol

My rig circa 2004 had a P4 3ghz. my LT (till I build my new rig soon) has a core 2 duo 2.4. Maybe I should have kept the old rig...

Seeding now.

Also, kudos to ED for ADMITTING that they are releasing beta quality material. ::shoots a look at FSX and Arma II::

This is how it should be done smile

BTW, I can't wait to get a printed manual.

And now I'm off to install this years gift to simming!

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 03:27 PM

Guys, the raw GHz rating of a processor is NOT equal with its performance.

More modern CPUs perform much more 'work' per cycle, enabling them to easily outperform older CPUs with a nominal higher GHZ rating.

A Core2Duo @2.4 GHz is actually quit a bit faster than a P4 @3GHz.
Posted By: Quickcord

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 04:00 PM

Downloaded this morning. Still seeding. Looks good even with my older 9800 GTX+ gpu.

Quickcord

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
Guys, the raw GHz rating of a processor is NOT equal with its performance.

More modern CPUs perform much more 'work' per cycle, enabling them to easily outperform older CPUs with a nominal higher GHZ rating.

A Core2Duo @2.4 GHz is actually quit a bit faster than a P4 @3GHz.

^ I was only kidding about keeping the old rig. That said, with that C2D @ 2.4, 3 gigs of ram, win 7 64bit, and an 512mb nvidia 8600GTm, I'm only playable at absolute lowest settings (minus the res, which I have at 1680x1050). FWIW, it's still a great looking game at those settings. Only had time to play about 20 seconds on quick mission though, lol. Mg G940 throttles were mapped to pedals and Aileron (I hear real hog' pilots have that issue all the time) so my flights were...eventful, if not breif.

-PS. I'd love to hear what people are getting on ATI 5770 and 5850 cards, I'm trying to decide if the 5850 is worth double the price of the 5770.
Posted By: SirViper

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 05:59 PM

Fantastic news! Just got it installed beercheers
Posted By: Sobek

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: aggressorblue
^ I was only kidding about keeping the old rig. That said, with that C2D @ 2.4, 3 gigs of ram, win 7 64bit, and an 512mb nvidia 8600GTm, I'm only playable at absolute lowest settings (minus the res, which I have at 1680x1050). FWIW, it's still a great looking game at those settings. Only had time to play about 20 seconds on quick mission though, lol. Mg G940 throttles were mapped to pedals and Aileron (I hear real hog' pilots have that issue all the time) so my flights were...eventful, if not breif.

-PS. I'd love to hear what people are getting on ATI 5770 and 5850 cards, I'm trying to decide if the 5850 is worth double the price of the 5770.

You know that you can easily overclock that CPU? Also, if you are looking into buying the new card just for DCS, you better invest the money in a stronger CPU, as you are most likely being bottlenecked by the latter.
Posted By: ForSquirrels

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 06:33 PM

Time to build a new rig...

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/05/10 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Sobek
Originally Posted By: aggressorblue

You know that you can easily overclock that CPU? Also, if you are looking into buying the new card just for DCS, you better invest the money in a stronger CPU, as you are most likely being bottle necked by the latter.

On my Dell XPS 15 laptop? Maybe if I ran it from my freezer...

And the new rig will be based on an AMD Phenom X4 965. Going to order parts this week. I'll probably just man up and get the 5850, so I can have Civ V and Arma II look all pretty like.
Posted By: EinsteinEP

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/06/10 02:45 AM

This beta experience is driving me to an upgrade as well. Although I knew this day was coming, I'm still dreading it a little. My, how the wallet grows tighter with age!
Posted By: Lieuwe

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/06/10 01:39 PM

Finally going to get to try this one out tonight! I am so excited! I may just have to draw some A-10 profile drawings after all this hogwash wink

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/06/10 02:04 PM

lol, you do know that the A-10 has a windscreen washing system right? Cleans off all that Hawg smoke from the gun and fuel from tankers. Dice says it's a wash system, doesn't have wiper blades, but hey.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/06/10 02:28 PM

^ A-10 pilots don't need to see things, they just blast through any obstical they encounter biggrin

Tanks: shoot them
Enemy planes: Shoot them
Air traffic: shoot them
Turbulence...well you get the picture
Posted By: ckount

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/06/10 03:44 PM

Got it and seeding.
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS/rudder pedals working fine out of the box. Haven't got TrackIR to work yet but haven't fiddled around much either.
Posted By: Mad Dog 7.62

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/06/10 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ckount
Haven't got TrackIR to work yet but haven't fiddled around much either.

TrackIR does not currently work with the 64 bit version of DCS:A10 because NaturalPoints software does not support 64 bit....so you have to either run the 32 bit version of DCS:A10 or wait for NP to come out with 64 bit software.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/06/10 04:35 PM

Does anyone have an alternate link for the manual? The mediafire link isn't working for me frown
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/06/10 08:43 PM

Woohoo!

Am downloading with mytorrent. In the first five minutes it only downloaded at 20kbps, now at ten minutes in it is already downloading at 150kpbs. 10 hours to go, should be there when I wake up tomorrow morning :-)

Thanks so much for the info regarding TrackIR and the 32-bit/64-bit version. I'm a bit surprised to hear that the 32-bit version is just "a couple of small additional files". Will the 64-bit version not run much faster on my rather fast computer?

Just downloaded the manual. O.M.G.!!! - It is 653 pages! And the first part of it is just a great history book on the A-10! Amazing, talk about a STUDY SIM. This one looks to be epic.
Posted By: aRareKindOfMonster

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/06/10 09:26 PM

At this speed, the hardcopy will be here before it gets downloaded! biggrin
Posted By: WarriorX

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/07/10 12:14 AM

Been looking for a key list but no luck so far...anyone find one yet?
I want to start programming my MFD's
Posted By: WarriorX

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/07/10 12:31 AM

Thank you Sir!

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/07/10 06:58 AM

Got to try it a bit yesterday before I got sidetracked by social obligations, friends ... pfff, it looks great though I will have to tweak it a bit to get it to run smoothly on my system. Also reading through the manual will help, I hope there is a checklist in there! wink

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/07/10 02:47 PM

There are loads of checklists at the back.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/07/10 06:11 PM

If you pre-order you get in the beta? So the game isn't actually released then, is that correct? Will there be a period between beta and actual release where you have no access, or is the beta not timed?
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/07/10 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad Dog 7.62
Originally Posted By: ckount
Haven't got TrackIR to work yet but haven't fiddled around much either.

TrackIR does not currently work with the 64 bit version of DCS:A10 because NaturalPoints software does not support 64 bit....so you have to either run the 32 bit version of DCS:A10 or wait for NP to come out with 64 bit software.

That's not good, any word of this coming out?
Not sure I want to mess with a flight sim without it now.
Posted By: ckount

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/07/10 07:11 PM

If you run the 32-bit version, TrackIR works just fine (and I haven't noticed any significant performance difference between the two). I asked Natural Point and Vincent G from tech support directed me to this thread.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/07/10 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

That's not good, any word of this coming out?
Not sure I want to mess with a flight sim without it now.

I haven't actually found a performance difference between the 64-bit and the 32-bit versions so far.

I run the sim in 32-bit mode (using Win 7 64 bit) and TrackIR without problems.
Posted By: Genbrien

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/07/10 09:36 PM

If I want it to run 64bit, can I install it in the Program files (x86) or I must install it in the normal Program Files ?

(right now its installing in (x86))
Posted By: Mastiff

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/11/10 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Genbrien
If I want it to run 64bit, can I install it in the Program files (x86) or I must install it in the normal Program Files ?

(right now its installing in (x86))

its ok to run it in a separate Program files (x86)it will
run better; if you clicked on the box for 32bit install the
64 bit .dll files are automatically placed in there as well so
you will get both icons one with the x86 which is 32bit and
one thats the regular icon which would be the 64 bit version.
Posted By: jaegermeister

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Major DCS: A-10C Warthog Announcement - 10/12/10 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
If you pre-order you get in the beta? So the game isn't actually released then, is that correct? Will there be a period between beta and actual release where you have no access, or is the beta not timed?

Is the answer to the above question yes? And will this option to pre-order still be open by this Saturday Oct-16th?
Thanks

Jaeger

Got my ans here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58300
© 2024 SimHQ Forums