homepage

Change Keyboard key

Posted By: Gattsu

Change Keyboard key - 06/19/18 12:09 AM

Hello fellas,

I'm still training and I would like to change the keyboard key "Space" for Wheel brakes. I have Weapon release on my Joystick, so I don't need it.

I used the BMS Key File Editor (Falcon BMS 4.33 U1\Docs\Key Files & Input) to change the keyboard keys but it deleted my joystick assignations. I use a T16000 with TARGET Script Editor to double buttons. I don't want to spend time with DX configuration when I'm going to change Hotas as soon as I can. I'm waiting for the Warthog, second hand or from a flash deal...

I would like to know if there is an easy way to change the keyboard keys. Editing the .kwy file?

I'm enjoying the sim a lot, I'm very hyped to be combat ready for the dynamic campaign.

Thanks guys.
Posted By: schnidrman

Re: Change Keyboard key - 06/19/18 12:43 AM

Did you try changing the call back in the UI/Setup/Controllers?

Should be able to do it there and keep the button press on your stick.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Change Keyboard key - 06/19/18 01:05 AM

I would use Notepad++ to make .key file changes and just use the Key File Editor excel file to show you what keyboard key codes to use. Space is 0x39. The callback you want should look like this:

SimWheelBrakes -1 0 0x39 0 0 0 1 "CKPIT: Wheel Brakes - Hold"

As always, make a backup of your .key file before making any changes so you can revert to it if needed. I'm not sure what you mean by "deleted my joystick assignations" -- can you not just re-assign via the SETUP -> CONTROLLERS page?
Posted By: Gattsu

Re: Change Keyboard key - 06/19/18 09:11 PM

Thanks guys I changed the key using the Notepad++. When I tried to change the keyboard key ingame I couldn't. It only let me assign joystick keys to the assigned keys as the BMS - Full.key profile
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Change Keyboard key - 06/19/18 09:27 PM

I've never, ever changed a callback assignment in the game's UI. I'd only set axis assigments there. One reason for this is because I've learned how to navigate the .key file back in 4.32 and messing with it and saving it in the UI removes all formatting. In 4.33, the formatting is very important to help you find what you want, so never, ever save the .key file in the UI. Open via Notepad++, make your changes, then save. Go to BMS and load it in the UI. Done. And always keep a back up smile I even have a backup of the backup!

Good luck!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums