homepage

Not saving my joystick configuration

Posted By: Delfi

Not saving my joystick configuration - 02/14/17 06:48 AM

I am having trouble mapping buttons to my joystick. I map everything I want on it and click apply then click save giving it a unique name. I go to load my configuration with its unique name and it loads BMS Full instead. It is getting very frustrating. I am using a Thrustmaster HOTAS X. That should not be causing a problem. I just want it to save *my* configuration and load *my* configuration without me having to get a degree in C programming and Excel just to setup my joystick.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Not saving my joystick configuration - 02/14/17 07:23 PM

Pics?

Note that BMS has the tendency to "reset" game controllers if they're not plugged in or turned on or configured the same way as you did the last time you plugged it in. To give you an example, I fly with a TM Warthog HOTAS but my specific profile needs to have both stick and throttle "combined" so that BMS sees the WH as a single controller, not a separate stick and a separate throttle. If I don't "combine" my HOTAS before BMS starts, BMS will reset all my axis settings and stuff.

The "fix" for this is to mark a couple of files as read-only, that way if I forget to "combine" my HOTAS, BMS can't re-write over my saved settings.

So make sure that you connect the controllers to the same USB ports, maybe even connect in the same sequence.... or better yet, don't disconnect anything.
Also make sure that your controllers are properly configured (ie, if you need to load up a profile) before you start BMS.

As for the BMS Full.key file, maybe you could move the default .key files from the \User\Config folder and just keep your own .key file there.

Just a few ideas...

Re: Not saving my joystick configuration - 02/14/17 10:50 PM

My throttle is connected to the joystick via hardwired cable so that should not be a problem. I will try making a profile and making it read-only. Can I open the .key file with a text editor to see if it did save correctly? I didn't think to take screenshots last night as I was getting very flustered.

Re: Not saving my joystick configuration - 02/16/17 05:59 AM

I managed to get it fixed. smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums