homepage

Tower frequency

Posted By: Starnose

Tower frequency - 05/01/13 02:24 PM

Just getting going with BMS having updated to #5
Hitting 'T' gets me the ATC popup but when I select 5 on my keyboard for 'Taxi' I hear nothing at all. How can I check that I have the correct frequency on my DED?
Thanks.
Posted By: CTR69

Re: Tower frequency - 05/01/13 04:38 PM

Click COM1 on the IPC. There you can enter the UHF frequency manually, among other things.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Tower frequency - 05/01/13 05:03 PM

In the 2D screen before flight, set up the DTC to have UHF 15 as tower freq, and click the Default box too. That way, when you start in the pit, you already have UHF 15 set to tower freq and you are already at UHF 15 as it is the "default" UHF freq.

Re: Tower frequency - 05/01/13 07:22 PM

That's fine, gentlemen. Just what I needed. How did you find that information in the first place?

Re: Tower frequency - 05/01/13 07:35 PM

PS Why is that frequency on a UHF band rather than VHF? Is it because the former has greater range and therefore you can contact ATC further off?
Posted By: Kosmo.

Re: Tower frequency - 05/01/13 08:15 PM

In the docs folder in your install there is a pdf with all Korean airbases, their frequencies, TACAN channels etc. As for UHF vs VHF, normally VHF is used for intra-flight comms and UHF for communicating with other flights/agencies.

Re: Tower frequency - 05/02/13 05:09 AM

Merci beaucoup

Re: Tower frequency - 05/02/13 07:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Starnose
That's fine, gentlemen. Just what I needed. How did you find that information in the first place?

Because we got Falcon flowing through our veins. We just know it by instinct. Having said that, it seems like Frederf is one of the "chosen ones." biggrin dizzy

Originally Posted By: Starnose
PS Why is that frequency on a UHF band rather than VHF? Is it because the former has greater range and therefore you can contact ATC further off?

No idea. Because that's how the "real pilots" do it? Or because the flight uses the Victor channel in the first place?

Re: Tower frequency - 05/02/13 08:57 AM

Alright....I'll ask. Who is Frederf?

Re: Tower frequency - 05/02/13 05:55 PM

Another one of the posters here and on BMS forums biggrin
Posted By: Frederf

Re: Tower frequency - 05/02/13 11:41 PM

Lol the only "chosen" thing about me is I was chosen to read lots and try things from many angles failing often.

Starnose, some of the best documentation for BMS is real life. If you read through the -1 once you'll know at lot more about the jet. http://publicintelligence.net/hellenic-air-force-f-16cd-flight-manuals/
Posted By: CTR69

Re: Tower frequency - 05/03/13 11:28 PM

Wow, these are great manuals. I'm like O_O, staring at the fuel, hydraulic and air lines schematics. Makes you appreciate this plane even more. And it's very well written and formed, easy to read.

Re: Tower frequency - 05/04/13 05:26 AM

Thanks, Frederf. Those manuals are now on my bookshelf awaiting their turn.
Sherlock Holmes....move aside.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums