homepage

I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows.

Posted By: Panther

I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 09/25/07 09:34 PM

I have seen several people with this same problem day after day so:
Quote:

http://www.lead-pursuit.com/FAQ_01.htm
I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. Sometimes I also can not get into the User Interface - the parachute icon shows, but I need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the program. What is wrong?
You might have installed a 3rd party video codec packages. They can cause all possible issues and problems. For example, the K-Lite video codec package is known to cause problems with Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. If you have this installed, do the following:
Open Klite Codec pack > Configuration > Fddshow > Video decoder configuration and change the MP42 format entry to disabled by clicking on libavcodec.
As a result the standard MS codec will play the AVI movies and FDDshow is not used for this type. Falcon will run fine with movies then.

Posted By: PAW1

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 10/03/07 02:03 PM

LoL. You know I gave up trying to play this game because of that problem. I'm gonna re-install this beauty and try again now \:\)

Good man.
Posted By: Dervish

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 10/30/07 02:58 PM

I have the same problem...I get the F16 icon, hear music, but the rest of the screen is black...
Posted By: The Norwegian

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 10/31/07 05:48 PM

Quick workaround: In the shortcut commandline ad this: Falcon*.exe -nomovie
Posted By: Dervish

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 11/02/07 03:31 AM

Ok, I changed my video card setting to "let application choose setting", then it started right up...
Posted By: Bard

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 12/31/07 03:14 AM

This is ALSO caused by certain Anti-Aliasing settings if you are using an Nvidia card. Additionally you will only get a black screen (+ mouse pointer) once past when the movie would play.

Use any of the Quincunx AA modes or 2xAA.
Posted By: DeVoo

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 04/05/08 09:34 AM

You can just delete or rename (i personally deleted) intro movie from video/common folder (I think that's what it was called, don't have the game at hand right now)
Posted By: ksilber11

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 03/17/09 12:36 AM

Nevermind
Posted By: ksilber11

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 03/17/09 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: DeVoo
You can just delete or rename (i personally deleted) intro movie from video/common folder (I think that's what it was called, don't have the game at hand right now)
I deleted it, but it forces me to insert the disk when I start the game up, then it automatically reinstalls the video..
Posted By: Kolmo

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 04/12/09 12:22 PM

There is another, more "elegant" solution in the case of the K-lite codecs, but will work in another as well, I guess.
In K-lite Codec Pack-> Configuration-> Ffdshow Video Decoder -> Direct Show control -> Add the Falcon AF exe to the exception list.
wave
Posted By: Kolmo

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 04/12/09 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: ksilber11
Originally Posted By: DeVoo
I deleted it, but it forces me to insert the disk when I start the game up, then it automatically reinstalls the video..

Just deleting the video or disabling it from the Falcon setup won't work, since everytime you'll change the campaign scenario Falcon will crash. (Or the video in the small window that appears just won't show, or it will show just a black square... I don't remember).
Posted By: unclemiller

Re: I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. - 06/15/11 11:01 PM

Hi,
Same problem here with fresh install. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

WinXP 32 bit
i5-2500K
EVGA GTX260
© 2024 SimHQ Forums