homepage

System Requirements

Posted By: Phoenix

System Requirements - 12/27/11 12:50 AM

Hey there! The website describes approximately what kind of GPU we'll need, but what about the CPU? Also, will this app benefit greatly from threading?

You guys are doing some amazing work and making great progress. Keep it up, but be sure to take a break over the holidays!

-Cheers
Posted By: Flexman

Re: System Requirements - 12/27/11 02:34 PM

Certainly am taking a break. Made the decision not to kill ourselves over this especially at this time of year when family comes first. It's been a good time to stop, sit down, relax, step back and take a look at the final stretch and what's needed. As usual I got distracted, AD gave me a kick up the ass and set my head straight.

GPU requirements are such that most dual core systems should handle it OK. My baseline is a two year old gaming laptop but any reasonable gaming PC should handle it fine. Only huge performance gobbler is screen-resolution which is a GPU bandwidth thing. Tripplehead = monster GPU for same FPS as typical screen resolution.

This might change when we add more AI traffic but my goal is to keep things running as fast as we can as it really sells the feeling of flight and conducive to hover control.

Threading we could do more with but it will have to wait till version 2 if we make one. Networking and comms runs in it's own dedicated thread which makes a big different in reliability.

Hope you all had a good one (holiday).
Posted By: shadylurker

Re: System Requirements - 12/28/11 05:56 PM

Flexman, indeed you guys deserve a break. Take a step back and look at the amazing work you have accomplished this year.
Posted By: Taipan

Re: System Requirements - 12/30/11 04:29 PM

Have a good holiday, looking forward to some news next year smile
Posted By: enigma6584

Re: System Requirements - 12/30/11 08:04 PM

Very glad to see you guys are taking a break. Happy Holidays.
Posted By: AD

Re: System Requirements - 01/01/12 03:26 AM

Holiday time means time to work on CH. First job has been replacing a set of industrial buildings we were using but for legal reasons we had to remove.

Cheers
© 2024 SimHQ Forums