homepage

Combat Pilot for FSX

Posted By: spudweasel

Combat Pilot for FSX - 08/16/12 12:57 AM

FYI...

From the website below: Combat Pilot is the ultimate multiplayer combat flying experience created within the Microsoft® Flight Simulator X...

http://www.combatpilotseries.com/?scid=WEB_justflight
Posted By: spudweasel

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 08/16/12 01:01 AM

... and I should add this from the email I received:

Combat Pilot features a new multiplayer engine with dedicated servers, A.I. controlled ATC, custom UHF communications, electronic kneeboards, military career selection and tracking, a fully integrated weapons suite, carrier operations and a realistic, interactive combat experience.

Instant online access to a controlled environment

Live chat on UHF and within the Pilot Lounge

Fly in a virtual squadron with qualified pilots

Advanced flight training, carrier ops and check rides

Live munitions and weapons training
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 08/16/12 04:52 AM

Sounds interesting. We've been trying to get Mad Catz to provide information after our contact there suddenly left the company. Hopefully someone will contact us after Gamescom.
Posted By: toonces

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 08/19/12 07:57 PM

Hmmmm, this is the first I've heard of this. Sounds interesting.

However, my skepticism remains high....but I registered the callsign Toonces just in case. thumbsup
Posted By: EinsteinEP

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 08/19/12 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: guod
Sounds interesting. We've been trying to get Mad Catz to provide information after our contact there suddenly left the company. Hopefully someone will contact us after Gamescom.

+1
Posted By: Ltfransky

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 08/24/12 01:23 AM

Hmmm. Smacks of FighterOps. Colour me cautious, but paying attention.
Posted By: toonces

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 10/13/12 07:15 PM

I got an email saying they're starting squadron sign-ups now.

I have to admit that I'm intrigued by the idea of signing on with an F-111 squadron.

Anyway, the forums are dead and although I think this is a great idea, I am still very, very skeptical. I hope somebody reviews this program(?).
Posted By: 531 Ghost

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 11/23/12 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Ltfransky
Hmmm. Colour me cautious, but paying attention.

+1
Posted By: 531 Ghost

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 12/01/12 01:44 PM

popcorn
Posted By: M4warrior

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 01/28/13 11:54 PM

$49 for a FSX addon with no publicity and very shady documentation....I smell a scam. yep
Posted By: Chain

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 01/29/13 12:03 PM

Well I have it and it's far from a scam.

Shady documentation? Can you be more specific? The manual is quite extensive.

I enjoy the "simulator flights" in T-6B and currently I'm doing the check rides to graduate to T-45. It's nice addition to DCS flying.

Chain
Posted By: Subguru

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 01/29/13 12:48 PM

I haven't signed up so have no first-hand knowledge. But there is a review, here:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?13411-Review-Combat-Pilot
Posted By: SUBS_17

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 01/31/13 09:57 PM

The review sounds good but the problem I have is the cost its expensive. Also for videos they should avoid using labels on their aircraft.
Posted By: SUBS_17

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 01/31/13 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Chain
Well I have it and it's far from a scam.

Shady documentation? Can you be more specific? The manual is quite extensive.

I enjoy the "simulator flights" in T-6B and currently I'm doing the check rides to graduate to T-45. It's nice addition to DCS flying.

Chain

You'll have to post some screenshots then and tell us how the T45C compares to Dinos T45C and also the weapons etc.
Posted By: Warmbrak

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 02/07/13 11:31 AM

There is surprisingly little news about this floating around, and the review at Flightsim.com does not appear to objective. I still can't figure out where the multiplayer fits in? With training, or multiplayer combat only? The sad thing for me is that it sits in FSX; not my engine of choice. I'll wait for more reviews and hopefully more third party YouTube vids.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 02/07/13 03:34 PM

I just got this on my email:

Quote:

Hi Ice,

The Chief of Staff would like to invite you to try Combat Pilot for FREE. If you are not already a registered officer, we invite you to fly with the world’s fastest-growing flight simulation community without risk or obligation. We’ll even include a FREE A2A Simulations CP-T-6B aircraft, which you can use in both Combat Pilot and FSX.

By joining our Combat Pilot Flight Screening Program, within minutes you can be taking your first steps towards earning your Strike or Carrier Strike Wings.

To receive your FREE A2A CP-T-6B and start playing (including unlimited access to Combat Pilot online play) visit: store.combatpilotseries.com/demo.

The Team at Combat Pilot

I'd love to try it but I got too much on my plate right now. Would love to hear a detailed description of the "training experience" from a fellow SimHQ member.
Posted By: Frederf

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 02/09/13 12:52 AM

I installed it. I'll give it a go sometime over the weekend.
Posted By: Keithb77

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 02/27/13 08:54 AM

Not having much joy with this :-(

Install took forever, huge download.
Hung on first run, and 2nd run, but in different place.
Third run got into a plane, but resolution was 10*7 so tried to get into FSX menu to change...hung again.

Rebooted and checked FSX still worked...CP has overwritten the standard FSX.CFG, luckily I use two CFGs with different names, one for DX9 and one for DX10, so they're fine.

Tried again, in cockpit (Razbam T6), ran tutorial mission.
Still 10*7. Mission a little boring so tried to reset resolution, hung again.

Editted CFG file for 19*10 resolution, started CP, hung on start screen.

I wish I hadn't bothered, but having put a lot of effort in already will persevere...

Anyone making good progress?

Cheers
Keith
Posted By: Frederf

Re: Combat Pilot for FSX - 02/28/13 01:56 AM

I'm flying the T6B.

It's...hard to tell if my impression is positive or not. The whole concept is pleasing to me but it's rather rough around the edges, like really rough. The UI is out of the 80s but functional. The PDF packets are not very polished at all. The course structure is extremely vague and the worlds are rather sparse. I don't know how the combat aspect is supposed to work.

Personally I'd like a more real UPT experience with human IPs (other members), fewer checkrides, better aircraft modeling, and more instruction both in text and practical. If it doesn't improve I don't think it's worth it but it's clear they are working hard on it. Will it turn into something worthwhile? Time will tell.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums