homepage

Dongle no longer recognized..listed as "unknown USB device" :(

Posted By: Fox

Dongle no longer recognized..listed as "unknown USB device" :( - 12/26/06 01:36 PM

Hi...i went to the SB websight and tried many of their suggestions......I can start a server...i can get into the web administration but when i try to look at the "licenses" that are on the dongle..it says one isn't connected...and in windows hardware manager...its listed as an unknown USB Device"...thus..when i try to play SB Pro...i get the "Codemeter error:Please make sure your CM stick is securely in a USB port100146:11051"
I tried the dongle in a powered USB hub, and USB right of the MB with no luck...it was working fine a week ago...any ideas?
Thanks
Fox
Posted By: 3Star

Re: Dongle no longer recognized..listed as "unknown USB device" :( - 12/26/06 03:47 PM

I take it you've tried simply rebooting the computer...

I did have an issue very similar to yours about a month ago, required a reinstall of SB and the codemeter software.

NTM
Posted By: Ssnake

Re: Dongle no longer recognized..listed as "unknown USB device" :( - 12/26/06 07:48 PM

If that doesn't do it (although I have no idea why a reinstallation would be necessary --- but if it works, who am I to say that you shouldn't?), you may want to contact Wibu support staff for help. They know better than we do what you can do.

There is a CodeMeter End User utility, "CMDUST". They will probably ask you to download and run it, and attach the generated log file to your emails, so you can probably do it right away. Eventually the log file will reveal something useful that helps you to solve the issue right away.
Posted By: 3Star

Re: Dongle no longer recognized..listed as "unknown USB device" :( - 12/26/06 09:08 PM

Quote:
(although I have no idea why a reinstallation would be necessary --- but if it works, who am I to say that you shouldn't?),
Believe me, I was getting worried: It wasn't reading any dongles, and I/ITSEC was opening shortly!

NTM
Posted By: Fox

Re: Dongle no longer recognized..listed as "unknown USB device" :( - 12/27/06 02:13 AM

thanks for the replies...aye, i rebooted...even uninstalled SBPro, the codemeter software and reinstalled to no joy.......i have no idea what happened lol...was fine last month..oh well...i'll keep tryin
Posted By: Ssnake

Re: Dongle no longer recognized..listed as "unknown USB device" :( - 12/27/06 11:03 AM

It's probably better to post a description of your worries in the tech support board at SteelBeasts.com

Others may have been there, done that, and got the tee shirt.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums