homepage

Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition

Posted By: citizen guod

Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 02/28/05 06:24 AM

In the year 2000, the tank sim Steel Beasts walked away with our "Sim of the Year" award, as well as acclaim from many other sites. Five years later, eSim is close to releasing a followup product derived from both that title and its military contract work. John "Spoons" Sponauer put Steel Beasts Professional PE through its paces to see what it offers both simmers and actual tankers. Has eSim Games released another winner? Find out in our preview here: http://www.simhq.com/_land/armor_011a.html
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 02/28/05 02:26 PM

sweet, very sweet... thx for the info... now if I could just get this and LO: Flaming Cliff... I can hide away happy.
Posted By: Slick

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 02/28/05 03:25 PM

There was no mention of any campaign in the PE edition. Is that still the case that SB2 Pro-PE will not have a campaign included in the final release?
Posted By: Hammer*

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 02/28/05 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Magnum MGG:
sweet, very sweet... thx for the info... now if I could just get this and LO: Flaming Cliff... I can hide away happy.
and Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 \:\)

alot of good stuff coming out, just in time to screw with the spring striped bass run that happens here in the North East. Life is so hard
Posted By: Ssnake

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 02/28/05 04:20 PM

Steel Beasts 2 is supposed to get a campaign and other "fluff" that makes for good entertainment.

Steel Beasts Pro (and the Personal Edition of it) is designed as a training tool, and here a "campaign" would be out of place.
Posted By: Bluewings

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 02/28/05 04:24 PM

Good work Guod \:\)

I have been asking Ssnake to be able to drive the Hummer with my Force Feedback steering wheel :p , but no support yet ! \:D

Dead Warsaw Pact Troopers would make some nice "bumps" \:D ...

Cheers .
Posted By: Wicked

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 02/28/05 08:35 PM

Thank you Spoons for this great preview! \:\) \:\) Nice screenshots too! \:\) I know this sim will keep me busy for many years as SB1 is still doing. \:D

Cheers!
Posted By: Spoons

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 03/01/05 01:06 AM

Glad you liked it! Check out the Article Feedback board too for another thread about the preview.

Hey, Hammer, another Connecticut person here...
Posted By: Hammer*

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 03/01/05 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoons - SimHQ:
Glad you liked it! Check out the Article Feedback board too for another thread about the preview.

Ya, I remeber that you were from CT from back in the M1TP2 and SB1 days... Didnt you do an interview with Sonalist about their game developmment. I live in Norwich, work at the sub base and drive by Sonalist alot. Even have some old shipmates that work over there but they have little or nothing to do with the game development.

Where do you live?

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 03/02/05 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer*:
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoons - SimHQ:

Ya, I remeber that you were from CT from back in the M1TP2 and SB1 days... Didnt you do an interview with Sonalist about their game developmment.
Yep, that was me! Now I remember talking to you about it, sure. Sorry.

I live in Southington, but basically grew up along the central and southeast coasts of CT.
Posted By: mailman

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 03/03/05 01:04 PM

Now thats what I call a preview! Not this crap storyline rubbish...but a real life...dirty...warts and all account of what is actually in a game! \:D

Spoons...you da man!

Regards

Mailman

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 03/04/05 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mailman:
Spoons...you da man!
Word to yo mutha!

Glad you liked it. \:D
Posted By: Drawde

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 03/05/05 10:47 AM

Simply put, this preview has put SB Pro PE at the top of my "must buy" list, once it's out and I have the money!
The level of detail sounds incredible, and the vehicle set looks pretty impressive. Really sounds like the sort of
sim you just don't see nowadays (apart from maybe the IL-2 series).
I'd take detail, realism and "content" over a storyline and campaign any day, the only thing that concerns me is the limited number of actual missions/scenarios shipped with PE. Though if the mission editor/designer is anything like SB2 it should be easy to create your own, and no doubt there will be plenty of fan-made ones available after its release.
Posted By: Bluewings

Re: Preview: Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition - 03/05/05 04:00 PM

No worries Lads , the scenarios designers have a suitcase full of scenarios .
A new Thread at http://www.steelbeasts.com/ will be up when Pro PE is released with downloadable goodies ;\)

One thing for sure , you will NOT run out of fun ! \:\)

Cheers .
© 2024 SimHQ Forums