homepage

Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle

Posted By: Dusty Rhodes

Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 09/14/05 04:05 PM

I can't get the throttle on my Cougar to control the collective in these two sims. I used the preset for Stick, Throttle, and Pedals. The stick and throttle work but I can't get the Throttle to control the collective. Any help would be appreciated greatly :thumbs_up:
Posted By: Amaroq

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 09/14/05 05:16 PM

Is the game tracking another axis as the throttle?I.e. have you tried twisting a few of the other axis to see if that helps?

I don't have a cougar so that's about as far as I can help...
Posted By: Dusty Rhodes

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 09/14/05 07:15 PM

I specifically checked that and no buttons or switches controlled it. The Collective meter in the lower right hand corner shows about 50% the whole time when the preset is set to Stick, Throttle and Pedals.
Posted By: Blind Faith

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 09/15/05 02:14 AM

BeerDog
My Saitek X-45 works perfectly.

Download this program, it is a M$ tool to identify the DX axis of your controler, those little apps are 100% DX compliant (after patching)

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm#Poswdm%20Utility:

X and Y act as roll and pitch Z is the collective and rZ is the tail rotor

This is what is hard coded in the software you now have to use your profiler software to trick DX and swap the axies in there. Is it possible?

Good luck!

cool
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 09/25/05 09:28 PM

I have the same problem with my X52.

The X45 works fine but the X52 has had the throttle mapping changed from Z-Axis to Z-Slider.

Because of the throttle change, the X52 throttle now won't be recognised. I'm fairly certain you can swap the Cougar axis so you should be able to get it working but the Saitek SST software will not allow me to do this until the next driver release.
Posted By: mbeaver

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 09/26/05 01:15 AM

With my CH setup I have to set the throttle axis to "Slider 0" (in CH Control Manager) for SAR4 and VME.
Posted By: syncro

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 10/04/05 05:25 PM

Got the same problem with my saitek cyborg evo. Will the new driver solve this aswell?
Posted By: Pizzicato

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 10/05/05 08:23 AM

Originally posted by BeerDog:
I specifically checked that and no buttons or switches controlled it. The Collective meter in the lower right hand corner shows about 50% the whole time when the preset is set to Stick, Throttle and Pedals.
Beerdog,

I tried the SAR4 demo with my Cougar last night and had the same problem. It turns out that SAR4 thinks the Radio Knob is the collective. You just need to go into TM.exe (at least I think it's called that - I can't remember :o ) and swap the throttle and radio assignments. It worked perfectly for me.

I hope that makes sense. It's till early and I haven't quite woken up enough yet... sleepy
Posted By: Heyvern69

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 10/13/05 04:28 AM

Pizzicato is right. SAR4 thinks the Radio Knob is the collective.

You have to go into the FOXY programming software and switch the axis. Go to the help file and search for detailed info on how to switch two axis. It worked for me.

-Vern.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 10/13/05 08:04 AM

syncro:

Got the same problem with my saitek cyborg evo. Will the new driver solve this aswell?
Yeah, the software update (SD5) concerns all Saitek products except those running on 64-bit systems (they have seperate drivers)

Don't hold your breath though, SD5 was announced almost 2 1/2 years ago!!
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: Vietnam Med-Evac and SAR 4 = No throttle - 10/13/05 08:04 AM

All you SAR4 pilots, please check the topic right below this one...
© 2024 SimHQ Forums