homepage

EECH2 wont start

Posted By: EasyRider

EECH2 wont start - 07/21/07 02:24 PM

Downloaded this game from strategy first yesterday. I cant even get it to start. I get an initialisation error 0xc0000135. So I called them, he suggested deleting the movies, still didnt work. Now I'll have to wait for a patch. What Bs, this game is too buggy, and not ready for release. I run XP, 7950gt card, AMD fx-50 2.6, 1Mb ram, official current drivers from nvidia. Didn't see anyone report this problem in the forums. Any ideas, fixes?? No problems with any other games.
Posted By: Spectre-USA

Re: EECH2 wont start - 07/21/07 06:32 PM

Check your DirectX version, and make sure it is the latest & greatest.

For some reason, Microsoft has insisted on callig every iteration since a year ago 9.0c, but there have
been 4 or 5 updates, all with the same name.

Just a shot in the dark here, as I've been running the UK released version, and haven't seen any reports
on the US version yet...
Posted By: jimvictor

Re: EECH2 wont start - 07/21/07 07:07 PM

net framework or DX9c is needed

do an update for XP.
Posted By: Whammo

Re: EECH2 wont start - 07/22/07 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By: EasyRider
Downloaded this game from strategy first yesterday. I cant even get it to start. I get an initialisation error 0xc0000135. So I called them, he suggested deleting the movies, still didnt work. Now I'll have to wait for a patch. What Bs, this game is too buggy, and not ready for release. I run XP, 7950gt card, AMD fx-50 2.6, 1Mb ram, official current drivers from nvidia. Didn't see anyone report this problem in the forums. Any ideas, fixes?? No problems with any other games.

Same problem with the d/l version.

Thanks
Posted By: EasyRider

Re: EECH2 wont start - 07/22/07 12:55 PM

Installed net framework 3.0 and updated directx, and that worked. Recently had to re-install winxp and everything. Nice shot in the dark.
Posted By: Sleepdoc

Re: EECH2 wont start - 07/22/07 06:17 PM

I installed NF2.0 and updated DX and it did not work.

It ran one time. when i first installed. Saw the video. made it into the optins section. was setting up my graphics )wide screen) and assigning my Saiteck x-52 pro axis. not sure i fi was setting it up correcty. I then turned o my track ir and then went back to the launch menu. when i launched, it crashed.

Now it crashes as soon as i double click on the launch icon. I cant even getinto the menu or see the video now.

I tried removing the video folder too....

Any ideas folks?
Posted By: GlynD

Re: EECH2 wont start - 07/22/07 06:43 PM

After I'd made a shortcut with the reset graphics switch (-3dreset) and then set the "compatibility mode" to Windows 2000 it seems to work...

Many black screens later though... Sorry this was on Vista Home don't know if it will help you?

Cheers
© 2024 SimHQ Forums