homepage

New in game Screen Grabs

Posted By: Solnyshko33

New in game Screen Grabs - 03/08/07 10:46 PM

The old laser cannon appears intact ;\)

Also this snippet, if it's been said before - I missed it: "Enemy Engaged 2 has been in development since early 2005 and is scheduled for release in April 2007" That's a long lead time for a revamp. Anyway, out next month, it seems.

Posted By: Vikingo

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/09/07 12:19 AM

like em ! thanks... hope this one will kill the no end stutter I have with the actual modded one I have installed... yeah! laser is there LOL!!
Posted By: Corsair8X

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/09/07 02:25 AM

The ground detail looks promissing, I just wish it wasn't so far in the background. Near the helo it looks kinda Lomac-ish, but further away it looks very gradient-like. Either way, not having to do that dance would be a nice thing, but I suppose that many of the most recent updates would be missing which would be a shame.

It certainly looks more promissing that those in-game shots released many months ago.
Posted By: SimFan

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/09/07 09:45 AM

Quote "That's a long lead time for a revamp. "
Dunno, IMHO 2 years is not really a long time for sim (re-)development, it all depends on the team.
I vividly remember e.g. the LB(2) end/title screens showing so many people having participated in the development (EA 'Skunkworks').
I do hope G2Games was able to dedicate so many resources, but somehow I have my doubts (?).
At least the screen shots look *very* promising to me.
Posted By: Skii

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/09/07 09:48 AM

Looks pretty nice from here.

Yep, I'm interested.
Posted By: EagleEye[GER]

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/09/07 11:30 AM

Thanks for sharing!
Wonder why they don`t update eech2.com with these new images...
Posted By: Bars

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/10/07 03:04 PM

I'll buy it for sure, love the water detail and landscape - much improved over the original.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/10/07 03:26 PM

How about some shots of something other then the Comanche being flown by the player? I hate to say it, but the only things that are going to interest me are MP fixs and perhaps a HIND ... \:D . You can keep your fancy graphics upgrades ... EECH (1) is fine for me and isn't far from what G2 is showing us.
Posted By: ryuzu

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/10/07 03:45 PM

Well, these screenshots have options identical to those in EECH 1 so given that stuff is the same, we can at least hope (or perhaps even assume now) that the rest of the sim engine is largely intact.

That's good and bad I suppose - on the one hand, at least it's not a pure arcade game, but then again, if there's little new besides a graphic make over there probably isn't much to recommend it (unless it is very cheap).

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/11/07 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: SimFan
Dunno, IMHO 2 years is not really a long time for sim (re-)development,

They havnt been working on it for two years. The entire project switched developers (its been kind of secret) and they just started on it in the last few months. There was some piddling around about a year ago, but nothing serious. The whole history can be searched over in EECH and you can piece the timeline together. Read until your hearts content.
Posted By: FokkerDVIII

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/12/07 08:09 AM

I dont see anything that hasnt already been dont in EECH1 other then maybe those scattered trees.Maybe forests arent blocks of squares anymore.Other than that nothing seems at all different.Not impressed.

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/12/07 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: akwar
Not impressed.

LOL!! The game hasn't even been released yet !!
Posted By: BeachAV8R

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/12/07 03:19 PM

Yeah...I see a lot of premature judgement going on here...

BeachAV8R

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/12/07 03:41 PM

Y E A H ! ! ... premature ! ... give it a chance. For cryin-out-loud ...

... ew ... wait ... I'm one of those 'judgemental' fellows you're talking about aren't I ? ... whoops ... \:D

Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/12/07 04:24 PM

As long as it's not $50, I'm in. \:\)

The Jedi Master

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/12/07 07:55 PM

I'd probably go 50. Hell, what did we pay for the original which is NOW a classic that you cant get your hands on? IMO games are way under priced for the hours upon hours of entertainment that we get or in EECH's case, yeas upon years. Then that is a whole other discussion.
Jedi, you might not be aware that several of us have 100 donations into the hiring of a "coder"(if we can find one) to fix MP in EECH. It is worth that much to us to get it fixed. Maybe 50 will fix it with Redeux. Then it becomes a real bargain!

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/13/07 03:13 AM

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be awesome - but I hope that the development loop is not closed with this. Then people would have to choose between an open version EECH1 and a closed version, EECH2 that may actually get a lot new people to the EECH world. Hoping for the best \:\)
Posted By: voucher

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/13/07 07:21 PM

Any of you know, if the Apache will be flyable in the EECH2, or just the Commanche??
Posted By: Dusty Rhodes

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/13/07 08:26 PM

No one knows yet.
Posted By: Skii

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/14/07 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: voucher
Any of you know, if the Apache will be flyable in the EECH2, or just the Commanche??

I'd like to know this too, the Apache holds a lot more interest to me , and if it were flyable I could see myself solely flying that and the Havoc !

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/14/07 01:01 PM

It will most likely be the Hokum and Comanche, but no confirmation has been made.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: SpyDoc

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/15/07 09:21 PM

Hmmm, just found another shot from a Mac games website with the same news about EECH2 at this link

http://www.imgmagazine.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=14568

but they had a screen that looked different. I think it's from the original EECH, or is it? What do you all think?

http://www.imgmagazine.com/images/enemyengaged_001_l.jpg

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/15/07 09:49 PM

If that shot would be from EECH-2 then people are going to be very upset.
I don't see any difference about this and the non-modded version of EECH1 !

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/16/07 01:42 AM

Hmm, strange... my post didn't take. So here it is again.

The textures of the two Hokum pilots in previous screens from EECH2 had much different textures that the ones we see here. I really do think that this is from the first, and only the first EECH.

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/16/07 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Kimchoc1

They havnt been working on it for two years. The entire project switched developers (its been kind of secret) and they just started on it in the last few months. There was some piddling around about a year ago, but nothing serious. The whole history can be searched over in EECH and you can piece the timeline together. Read until your hearts content.

Would this be Gameyus Interractive who appear on the new cover art? and were G2 CES always CES (Central Europen Studios)? - I understood they were London based. Without searching the EECH forum can you offer enlightenment, sketch a timeline perhaps... me being lazy and all ;\) \:D
Posted By: Malakie

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/16/07 04:44 AM

My hope is they updated it as well as those that did the Falcon 4 allied force sim.
Posted By: EagleEye[GER]

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/20/07 02:43 PM

New screenshots at german game site(no direct link possible):
http://www.krawall.de/web/Enemy_Engaged_2/news/id,24181/s,,K0550930cfed1e84c27dfc97c53b06c76
Don`t impressed me, but the water on the pic with the Hokum looks great...

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/20/07 05:57 PM

I like what I see quite a bit. I've not been a big fan of the way some of the roads were done in EECH. Granted, the shot only shows one road but it gives me home. I do like what I see with trees. There seems to be quite a degree of randomness with them with clearings and stuff which suggests that I may find a snug place to put my chopper should I need to scope things out. The water is yes, very good - and I liked the water in the modded-up EECH 1 too. The ground under the Havoc looked quite nice too. The town in the distance in the shot of the T-72's looked quite good too, but maybe the towns looked just as good before - I'm moving soon so I haven't had much time lately to fly anything.

Overall, I'm liking what I see. I REALLY want to see cockpit shots though. I have always wanted the textures of the cockpits updated and so I'm really hanging on to that. At some point I hope someone releases or leaks what the cockpit will look like. I doubt that the functionality will change at all, but I really hope that the actual look of it is a bit more real looking.

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/20/07 06:51 PM

First off, thx for the link to the new pics !
I really, really like those.
Now to be objective and critical alike...
One of the many things I like so much about EECH1 & EECH+mods are the colors... meaning we do have those in everything... helo's, ground as well as water and sky textures.
In EECH2 all looks to have a green/yellow cast. Hope it's the capture tool's problem.
3D models look awesome though.
Trees are better as well (but not -yet- spectacular).
Gfx seem a mix between EECH1 and Novalogic Comanche 4 (a good thing IMO).
Cockpits, well indeed, that's the $ 1M question. I hope those are NOT like in Comanche 4 (meaning arcade).
Now maybe I shouldn't compare (graphically speaking) EECH2 with any other sim, but that's hard being used to EECH1.
All in all a big plus for EECH2 (with some reservation).
Posted By: gotcha

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/20/07 09:29 PM

all screenshots are comanche or hokum, no apache in sight.... I don't think it is in as a flyable helicopter...

The new screenshots are nice !
textures: looks a bit like the trick they did with EECH1 (I hope not): black and white terrain textures with a transparent colour over it. That allowed the game originally to use the same texture for temperate and desert zones, simply by changing the overlay colour. Then we came along and changed that to real colour photo textures.... \:D

I like the river shape (not so angular) and the water, and the trees are great compared to the block forests in eech1.
but the terrain could be a lot better, there are so many free good textures available for that...

Posted By: Decca

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/20/07 10:15 PM

Hey Gotcha...were you guys (modders) ever asked for your input for EECH2?
There is a wealth of talent right here in this forum.

I wonder how EECH2 will compare mod-wise with EECH1.
Do you think they will encrypt the files?

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/21/07 12:44 AM

Gotcha, has anyone from the MOD crew tried to contact whoever is making EECH 2 and offer assitance?

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/21/07 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Solnyshko33
Originally Posted By: Kimchoc1

Would this be Gameyus Interractive who appear on the new cover art? and were G2 CES always CES (Central Europen Studios)? - I understood they were London based. Without searching the EECH forum can you offer enlightenment, sketch a timeline perhaps... me being lazy and all ;\) \:D

With me being as lazy as you, and from my best memory, I contacted the first developers of EECH2 when it was announced. I cant remember now but the posts are still there to search. I received several messages in return from that developer and it was not G2 or CES. Then, at some point, no return from my inquires. I assume this was the time that developers changed. I did some research when THIS forum was announced and found that the sites for developers were very similar in style and language. AND that they were based in London. In fact one of the posts will reveal the address of the first developer and my request that one of our regular forum users just go over there and ask them WTH is going on. As I remember, our "guy" lived just a mile or so away.

So the actual address for the first developer exists in EECH forums. It might even be the exact same address of the new developers. I havnt checked that far and quite frankly the point is now mute. The game is very near release and I am guessing that it is quite finished and what we get, we get. The lobbying for features is now over.

I've followed this title from the first inception. I have a bit of inside info on a timeline of development and can tell you that the current devs havnt been working on it for two years. That I know for a fact. Hence my comment regarding two years. Now, I qualify this with the possibility that the old developers are ACTUALLY the new developers, but with a name change. Does that make sense. It is still my opinion that they have not worked on this title for two years straight. Perhaps they started two years ago and simply put forth the REAL effort only a few months ago, AFTER the name change. It IS quite possible that artist/game conceptions were done two years ago. But two years solid of working on this title, I dont think so. Their budget does not have enough funds in it to handle that effort.

There is so much misinformation, speculation and general negativity based on guesses on this site it is unreal. If one would do a search on EECH, one could learn a great deal about EECH2. Its all right there. My advantage is that I have a mental timeline based on my day to day participation there for many years. If anyone thinks that the current devs are not visiting or that the current devs are not consulting anyone from EECH forums, they are totally wrong.
Of course, the people that are being consulted in EECH forums are under a no speak/talk/reveal obligation. Everyone knows that. It is common knowledge for any developer to make that agreement. Why would anyone expect them to break it? Why do you think the screen shots were released to Simhq moderators? They are frequenting the EECH forum I assure you.

Quote:
Gotcha, has anyone from the MOD crew tried to contact whoever is making EECH 2 and offer assitance?

Yes. I did several years ago when I was exchanging inquiries with the first publisher/developer.

Take a look at this thread. Make of it what you may.

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/21/07 05:04 AM

I dig the screens shown on that German website. I like the way they made the river less "angular" looking..and there seems to be some nice smoothing of the textures. The skins on the models look a bit higher resolution to me (?) and there seems to be some spectral lighting or something going on that looks nice. The last shot seems to show some nice lighting/atmospheric effects...

Hard to tell from just a few screens though...I'm primed for this one though..I really, really hope that it starts an explosion of multiplayer activity and interest...

BeachAV8R

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/21/07 03:44 PM

Thanks for the reply Kimchoc. I read that thread and I could sure come up with some conclusions, including about the Apache in EECH2, but they would be wild speculation at best and I am not going to add to the paranoia that some have over EECH2. I am also sick of the negativity and misinformation and wild paranoia that some have shown over this title. I am looking forward to it big time.

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/21/07 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Dusty Rhodes
I am looking forward to it big time.

Ditto. What was the last helo title released? Was it Fair Strike? Wasn't that a joke? I just don't see how this could be made any worse than that. Or Commanche4.
No matter what we end up with, I just have the hunch that its going to be better than both of those titles. Maybe not EXACTLY what EVERYONE wants, but better than those two.

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/21/07 07:08 PM

With the flight sim crowd, it is NEVER what EVERYONE wants ;\)

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/21/07 07:16 PM

No, no, no. You're missing a big part of it. It's the ego trip that so many of them go on.
"What? It doesn't model feature X to level Y while omitting the erroneous feature Z? Well, I'm not going to support THAT kind of crap. They just lost a sale!"

The idea that literally one feature's existence or lack thereof will make or break the game is silly. At one point or another EVERY feature you can think of has been in or out of a flight sim. Even the ability to fly \:\) just making it a strat game of some type.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Spidey

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/21/07 08:19 PM

Hey I will probably buy it. But let's not kid ourselves...EECH with mods is the way to go.

I mean I bought F4:AF and I have it installed on my comp. But what I really spend my time on is Falcon RV...community mod

I will probably buy EECH 2 but I will probably spend all my time on EECH community mods as well...

ONE THING that I really really wish for in EECH 2...

3D cockpits for Apache n Havoc...

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/21/07 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Spidey
Hey I will probably buy it. But let's not kid ourselves...EECH with mods is the way to go.

It is the way to go right now because we have it. How do you know EECH 2 won't be the way to go? You have nothing to base that statement off but some screenshots and some blurbs about it. To each there own, but I honestly don't know how you can chose one over the other when the other isn't even out yet and has not been reviewed or previewed and there are no down and dirty details yet.

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/22/07 01:58 AM

Ok - some more images inc terrain & cockpit here: http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2165579&page=1#Post2165579

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/22/07 02:11 AM

I wished they had shown the Commanche cockpit - I'm more familiar with that one. It looks like they've improved on the textures somewhat inside. I'll have to hunt down a pic of the Hokum cockpit from EECH1. I did really like the photos that showed the varied terrain and stuff. They looked quite good and some of the textures on the vehicles (such as the cargo plane) were really great. Now to find a picture of the original Hokum cockpit to compare.

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/22/07 02:52 AM

old

*rubs eyes and stares hard*

new

and a glimpse of the Comanche

Personally cant see a lot in it. Things may be a little more shiny owing to a texture overhaul and different lighting but no obvious new 3d work. Though as i said in the other thread - things may have moved on a bit (no telling when these were taken)

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/22/07 03:50 AM

While I don't see a vast improvement between the two, I do see some (textures and stuff). You have to really switch back and forth but they are there. It's not much, and quite subtle, but I wasn't expecting a massive shift. The improvements I see are nice to have and will add to the overall experience I think. The previous offering was very flat and arcade-ish. I'm not sure how much of an improvement I was wishing for, but I do see a difference, and that is a good thing. I really hope someone posts a Comanche inside shot soon.

Thank you for your comparison shots - that helped a lot.

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/22/07 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Spidey

I mean I bought F4:AF and I have it installed on my comp. But what I really spend my time on is Falcon RV...community mod

I don't see where we are kidding ourselves to appreciate a one disc install that gives you a sim that is likely (hoping) better than EECH but maybe not as good as a heavily modded EECH. I'd rather install it..play it..and have nice MP connectivity with F4:AF then go through the hoops to get a modded F4 working (with all the attendant crashes and instability). Different strokes for different folks..that's all good and fine. In particular I think what I'll be happy to see (just like with F4:AF) is all of the new players that will be of a like mind....install & play. The "professional" flight simmers forget that they are the minority of users...not many people want to go through the trials and tribulations of tweaking and downloading and patching and reinstalling...and I can't say I blame them.

Agreed on the Apache though..would love to get one of those in there...my hope is the sales of this one might pay for development down the line.. (?)..

BeachAV8R

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/22/07 11:34 AM

The case with EECH1+mods is quite different because it's a quite steamlined process.
I see it as a very promising evolution either way.
I'll most probably keep EECH+mods for the added theaters + helo's etc. for a long time to come.
But EECH2 will deliver, no doubt about that... it's the first serious attempt at an helo sim in years.
I can't understand anyone saying they wouldn't even want to at least buy and try EECH2 !?

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/22/07 12:44 PM

EE2 may be the go-to place for MP, like F4:AF is, while EECH stays the choice for heavy modding. That wouldn't surprise me at all. However, while the people that have been doing this for a long time think it's easy, as someone who's barely had time to mess with it I'll say that getting EECH to the latest 1.8.x spot is NOT streamlined. I'm still at 1.6.x or so because I've not had the time to figure out WTF to do with it.
Do I have to change this .ini? Do I have to run this, then delete that, then rerun this?
The process WAS simple around the time I went to the 1.6.x versions, then came the auto-updater which made things even easier! It isn't anymore.

The Jedi Master

Re: New in game Screen Grabs - 03/22/07 08:28 PM

I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing any of the modders because I really appreciate all the work they've done. But like JM, after 1.6x I lost track. I can't even fly it right now. Can't even turn on the engines. There are many reasons for this and mostly it's because it's a very busy time for me. But I think a big part of me is longing for simplicity right now. Maybe after I move into my new place I'll have time to settle down and look at EECH1 and figure out what is what.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums