homepage

North Star Over My Shoulder

Posted By: Bono

North Star Over My Shoulder - 10/10/10 02:03 AM

Sorry if I'm being a Monday morning quarterback....
A MUST read book. Don't miss it if you haven't read it already.

About the book
Posted By: semmern

Re: North Star Over My Shoulder - 10/17/10 10:38 AM

Ordered from Amazon smile

Re: North Star Over My Shoulder - 10/27/10 11:42 AM

Right. Got this book from Amazon yesterday, and I'm already halfway through it, and loving it so far! It's one of the best books on aviation I've ever read. His style reminds me somewhat of Ernest K. Gann. Not the worst of authors to be compared with smile
Posted By: Bono

Re: North Star Over My Shoulder - 10/27/10 12:06 PM

Glad you like the book although there's no doubt anybody who's interested in aviation would.

Never had a chance to read any of the Gann's books till now. All I know is the movie The Aviator was based on his book of the same title.
Any specific titles you want to recommend among his books?
Posted By: Legend

Re: North Star Over My Shoulder - 10/28/10 09:20 AM

Ordered it for my Kindle (despite the warnings about readability). Are there other, similar books like this and "Fate is the Hunter"? I.e. focusing on Civilian aviation instead of military.
Posted By: Paul Rix

Re: North Star Over My Shoulder - 10/28/10 12:36 PM

I am reading it on my iPad (Kindle App). So far it is outstanding (and I haven't seen any obvious errors in formatting etc with the Kindle version so far). I looked for Fate Is The Hunter but it isn't available on Kindle as yet (I put the request in).

Re: North Star Over My Shoulder - 10/29/10 10:18 AM

As far as I'm concerned, Fate Is The Hunter and North Star are the two best books I've ever read on civilian aviation.
Posted By: Jayhawk

Re: North Star Over My Shoulder - 10/31/10 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Legend
Are there other, similar books like this and "Fate is the Hunter"? I.e. focusing on Civilian aviation instead of military.

Have you read "The Cannibal Queen" by Stephen Coonts yet?

http://www.amazon.de/Cannibal-Queen-Step...;sr=1-3-catcorr
© 2024 SimHQ Forums