homepage

Just out of curiosity

Posted By: zerocinco

Just out of curiosity - 03/31/12 01:25 AM

I was curious. Of the hundreds of people who bought Rising Sun 1 & 2, if anyone flew the missions. I was certain that this mission from the Battle of Midway, being a dogfight on the deck over the Imperial Japanese Fleet would have been an amazing experience. Yet, I never saw a picture posted from it at all.

Shigeru Mori running up on the Hiryu to join the CAP.

Diverted to defend against 3 squadrons of American torpedo bombers inbound from the ENE.

Did you fly this? It was as close to a shooting gallery as we have put together. Phase Three and Four are ordered up. We want you to buy them but we want you to FLY them, too.
Posted By: Wklink

Re: Just out of curiosity - 04/09/12 11:00 PM

I did, was too depressing.
Posted By: Brennus

Re: Just out of curiosity - 04/13/12 12:33 AM

I just finally got around to "rolling back" my Rising Sun SF2 installation. I was un-lucky enough to buy SF2 after the Rising Sun recommended patch level and (among other bugs) the canopies were invisible, which was a major buzz kill for me.

Re: Just out of curiosity - 04/13/12 05:24 AM

The canopy bug has a fix but we are dropping the SF2-only version because SF2 has patched "beyond us" now. Too many things we rely upon do not work so we have to skip it. Instead, we have an XP/Windows 7 version that is all tested and is being uploaded tonight or tomorrow. Everything works in this version; shadows, canopies, everything. Anyone caught in limbo now with that version can upgrade to the new version for free.

We are also upgrading many of our own models to a higher level of detail. New sources of drawings for some Japanese models exist. Also, our own most recent models exceed them so much that we have to bring them up to the same level. In turn, we have changed the Flight Models of several considerably so that they more accurately reflect the relative performance of the various aircraft. Now, if you turn with a Zero, you will last just under two turns.
Posted By: Mike963

Re: Just out of curiosity - 04/13/12 09:40 AM

Thanks for the news. I now have a new PC running Win.7 64bit and was holding off doing a reinstall. I am willing to pay for the new version to run on Win.7, looking forward again to being immersed in RS. I have only seen less than a quarter of the RS sim.

Re: Just out of curiosity - 04/13/12 07:01 PM

Here are some shots from Phase III to whet your appetite, Mike.

F4F-4. We need to use it a lot since the F6F and F4U come out in this Phase also.

Improved FM's for all these fighters with an eye towards relative performance. The idea that you can turn with a Hayabusa is now out the window.

Our Lightning. (Not our runway.) Pit is WIP but 8 will be doing gauges and me the texture right after some ships.

We are going to have you Fly the Hump from Bangladesh to Kunming and shoot a radio range approach in this...

It's a little too clean yet.
Posted By: Mike963

Re: Just out of curiosity - 04/13/12 07:16 PM

Definitely got my attention, looking good thumbsup
Posted By: Richie61

Re: Just out of curiosity - 04/14/12 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: zerocinco
Instead, we have an XP/Windows 7 version that is all tested and is being uploaded tonight or tomorrow. Everything works in this version; shadows, canopies, everything. Anyone caught in limbo now with that version can upgrade to the new version for free.

YEAH!!! bananadance
© 2024 SimHQ Forums