homepage

More for the Future

Posted By: Hinchinbrooke

More for the Future - 03/17/12 12:05 AM

Early days, but this old girl should see some action yet.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: More for the Future - 03/17/12 01:16 AM

Too soon for me to know the ship. Looks nice though. smile

Wheels
Posted By: Phamtuan

Re: More for the Future - 03/17/12 11:30 AM

Colorado class battleship ?

:-)
Phamtuan

Re: More for the Future - 03/17/12 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Phamtuan
Colorado class battleship ?

:-)
Phamtuan

She's Tennessee/California. I have to add the third gun to the main turret.
Posted By: zerocinco

Re: More for the Future - 03/26/12 06:40 PM

Actually, she will see more action than the original at Pearl did in Rising Sun. There, she was a target. In her next iteration, she will be pounding shore locations before amphibious landings. We wanted the California especially because of a bit of irony. The band, no longer having a ship, was assigned as a group to code breaking. And the code they broke was the one Nimitz used at Midway (and throughout the remainder of the war) to gain an advantage on the IJN. And, in the end, the resurrected Caliifornia conducted shore bombardment in the Philippines (where she was one of the first ships hit by a Kamikaze) and at Okinawa, the last amphibious landing of the war. So, when we do our Kamikaze mission, the first one will be against this ship at Lingayen Gulf. When we pound hell out of a beach, it will be this ship at Okinawa. Gotta make these models work for their money.

Re: More for the Future - 04/03/12 12:24 AM

Posted By: Wklink

Re: More for the Future - 04/09/12 10:59 PM

You could do the Colorado class off the the ship just as easily, the two warship classes were so similar. Although I am seeing a 1943 update/conversion done to the class. I guess you could convert the West Virginia easily since she had a similar conversion while the Colorado never underwent such a heavy duty update like the WeeVee did.

Re: More for the Future - 04/10/12 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: SimHQ Tom Cofield
You could do the Colorado class off the the ship just as easily, the two warship classes were so similar. Although I am seeing a 1943 update/conversion done to the class. I guess you could convert the West Virginia easily since she had a similar conversion while the Colorado never underwent such a heavy duty update like the WeeVee did.

The 16" turrets for CO/MD/WV are already built, so West Virginia wouldn't be too much of a conversion.
Posted By: Wklink

Re: More for the Future - 04/10/12 01:01 AM

Yep, and you could do the updates to the Colorado Class based on the original warships. For that matter, the New Mexico class wouldn't be too hard either.

Re: More for the Future - 04/10/12 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: SimHQ Tom Cofield
Yep, and you could do the updates to the Colorado Class based on the original warships. For that matter, the New Mexico class wouldn't be too hard either.

The New Mexico's have crossed my mind. But anyway... Much more to do.

Posted By: 8 L.E.I.N.

Re: More for the Future - 04/10/12 06:04 AM

Looking good Hinch.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: More for the Future - 04/12/12 07:05 PM

Very nice. smile

Wheels

Re: More for the Future - 05/07/12 11:55 PM

California still in the Finishing Yard with much to do............... but a peek anyway.

Posted By: zerocinco

Re: More for the Future - 05/10/12 03:24 PM

I guess we are going to have to figure out how to run the guns now since she is going to be used to pound the beach for landings. I've already said why we think it is fitting to use the California. She's beautiful already, Hinch.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums