homepage

Warthunder Triple Screens?

Posted By: kestrel79

Warthunder Triple Screens? - 01/24/13 02:41 PM

Does anyone run Warthunder on a triple screen setup? I'd be curious to see some videos as to how it looks. I am thinking of going 3 screen maybe later this year and would imagine it would get pretty good performance.
Posted By: PishPosh

Re: Warthunder Triple Screens? - 01/28/13 10:10 PM

Is there even an option to do it or do you have to go into the conf.ini file to mess around with it?

Re: Warthunder Triple Screens? - 01/28/13 10:42 PM

I don't know for sure, that's why I was asking. I'm guessing you can set it up but you will get a "fisheye" effect or the screens will feel warped.

This would be the perfect sim for 3 screens since it runs so good on high settings.
Posted By: F19_CoNa

Re: Warthunder Triple Screens? - 01/28/13 11:06 PM

I use eyefinity on it.
It works, although it's not multiview, so it gets a bit streatched on the outer screens.
Very few flight sims that has multiview. Can only think of DCS, and it does it poorly as it costs too much fps.
Posted By: Snake_Pliskinn

Re: Warthunder Triple Screens? - 01/30/13 12:38 AM

ROF does triple screens without problem. The outside screen edges are a little stretched, but not badly.

Re: Warthunder Triple Screens? - 03/11/13 06:01 PM

Okay just got my 3 x 27" monitors mounted in my Obutto Ozone over the weekend. Wow it's great for flying! True the side screens are a little stretched, but when you turn and roll around it gets you sick a little bit...in a good way I think. Really feels like you're there.

FPS held up pretty good, I was getting 30-45fps and it still felt pretty smooth. Honestly I expected a little better performance since this sim ran so good on my 1 screen and older 5850 video card, I thought going to a 7950 would keep the fps in the 60s.

My main problem is my trackir. It's very disorientating now when I try to check my six, because it's 3 screens moving. I have made my profile a little less responsive and that helps a little, but I wish there was a better way for this. Any tips?

Re: Warthunder Triple Screens? - 03/12/13 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Snake_Pliskinn
ROF does triple screens without problem. The outside screen edges are a little stretched, but not badly.

Yes, RoF does Triplescreen, but it is a still not multiview.
With multiview you don't get that stretch as you have every screen rendered seperatly.

Re: Warthunder Triple Screens? - 03/12/13 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: kestrel79
Okay just got my 3 x 27" monitors mounted in my Obutto Ozone over the weekend. Wow it's great for flying! True the side screens are a little stretched, but when you turn and roll around it gets you sick a little bit...in a good way I think. Really feels like you're there.

FPS held up pretty good, I was getting 30-45fps and it still felt pretty smooth. Honestly I expected a little better performance since this sim ran so good on my 1 screen and older 5850 video card, I thought going to a 7950 would keep the fps in the 60s.

My main problem is my trackir. It's very disorientating now when I try to check my six, because it's 3 screens moving. I have made my profile a little less responsive and that helps a little, but I wish there was a better way for this. Any tips?

Have you tried with ticking the multi GPU box as enabeled for RoF?
Tripplescreen takes quite a load on the GPU, so it will be quite a bit lower than with single screen. Usually you need to turn som eyecandy down a bit.

Yes, as you said, the trackir might need to be a bit less sensitive. No other solution on that as I see it.

Re: Warthunder Triple Screens? - 03/12/13 03:02 PM

You guys use the eyefinity bezel corrected resolutions for Warthunder and RoF correct?

Re: Warthunder Triple Screens? - 03/12/13 07:07 PM

Yes, using 6048x1080
© 2024 SimHQ Forums