homepage

technical problem! WoP

Posted By: seakin

technical problem! WoP - 12/27/11 10:06 AM

Hi i have a small problem executing wings of prey. I purchased it on steam, i downloaded it, and when i first execute it it says: model shader 3.0 not supported, thats weird because i have an ATI 5650, and it supports model shader 5.0.

so i redownloaded the latest drivers i already had installed, and uninstalled the full game, and redownloaded it, when i executed it, same problem appeared. so i read somewhere on the internet that i could purchase the game on yuplay activating it, so i did it, i downloaded it using yuplay P2P system, installed it, and guess what? the same error kept appearing, so now i dont know what else i can do to make this game work...

so i would really appreciate some help, thank you very much guys!

btw, my PC (it is a couple of years old, but i run BF3 perfectly):

Acer Aspire 5740G
W7 64bits
intel core i3 330M
ATI Mobility Radeon 5650HD
4GB Ram
Posted By: MACADEMIC

Re: technical problem! WoP - 12/27/11 10:59 AM

Not sure if this can help you, but it's always advisable to run the Check files routine in the game's launcher after downloading and installing. It's a huge download, in case something's got corrupted during download the routine would identify those files and download the correct ones.

Good luck.

MAC

Re: technical problem! WoP - 12/27/11 11:10 AM

thank you very much,
but i forgot to say, i did that too, i verified the integrity of the game, with the steam routime but it said everything was ok... i guess it is some problem of the game, not detecting my graphic card... cause on the start menu where you can configure all graphic options it only displays one choice of resolution which is 640x480 (ridiculous).... i dont know....
Posted By: MACADEMIC

Re: technical problem! WoP - 12/27/11 02:26 PM

Best get a ticket from support: http://support.yuplay.com

Also, perhaps someone on the Gaijin forum had a similar issue?

MAC

Re: technical problem! WoP - 12/27/11 04:08 PM

hi, thanks for answering,
im gonna try the yuplay support, already did the steam one.... i did some search on the gaijin forum, but the model shader 3.0 related problems, were due to old graphic cards that didnt support that model shader version...
Posted By: Skiddmark

Re: technical problem! WoP - 01/08/12 02:44 PM

Wings of Prey? Yea, I D/L'd that from STEAM, too. Never got past the main menu. Pointer on the screen but nothing would move it, not mouse, stick or kboard. Can't exit not even with Task Manager. Black Screen Of Death, hard shutdown/restart. Never got help from STEAM or Gaijin.
Uninstalled that crap! boom
Posted By: franzbischoff

Re: technical problem! WoP - 09/06/13 09:49 PM

Same problem here. Did you solve it?

Acer Aspire 5820TG
W7 64bits
intel core i5
ATI Mobility Radeon 5650HD
4GB Ram
Posted By: Bearcat99

Re: technical problem! WoP - 09/08/13 04:45 AM

I solved all my problems with WoP by going back to IL2.. Instead of fixing WoP they came out with WT.. no thanks..
© 2024 SimHQ Forums