homepage

To All Flight Sim Modders!

Posted By: Python.au

To All Flight Sim Modders! - 06/08/05 10:28 AM

I would like you to consider the option of putting your considerable, and very well appreciated, efforts into creating mods for an upcoming sim. This sim has been designed for modders to create content. Currently it is in Open Beta, and is free.

Targetware

I believe this sim has great potential to be all flight sims to all flight simmers.

Regards
Python.au
Posted By: ArgonV

Re: To All Flight Sim Modders! - 06/09/05 07:51 PM

It's a very enjoyable sim, but on-line only! \:\( I don't have much time to dedicate on on-line sims these days. If they had a more indepth single player mode I would join in for sure! But at the moment Thirdwire is looking like a promising outlet for a single-player WW1 sim. \:\)
Posted By: Tailgunner

Re: To All Flight Sim Modders! - 06/10/05 08:06 AM

Same here... I dipped my toe in the Targetware workld once before, and didn't enjoy hte experience.

If I am going to put hours of blood sweat and tears into a project, I at least want to enjoy it. That means a single player experience. I hardly ever get time to fly online.
Posted By: Snick

Re: To All Flight Sim Modders! - 06/10/05 01:43 PM

Make that three off line player votes...
Posted By: Major Hippie

Re: To All Flight Sim Modders! - 06/10/05 05:17 PM

i too would be more interested in it if had an off-line component

hip63 :p
Posted By: FlyXwire

Re: To All Flight Sim Modders! - 06/11/05 11:57 AM

Dipped my toes in TW modding too (Richthofen's Skies), and although my primary interest is in multiplayer gaming, there's no online AI component yet, so if you don't have massive multiplayer interest, you won't have the Skies filled enough to guarantee a reasonable chance for an encounter (whether versus a human or AI opponent)!

The TW engine needs to implement AI bots to ensure the servers will be filled to proper densitity to make the online experience worth it (24/7).

From our experience, TargetWare isn't fully implemented in it's multiplayer component, nor does it allow for flying single-player missions either.............it needs AI for both!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums