homepage

Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft

Posted By: Agathosdaimon

Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/14/19 04:49 AM

I got Fighter Squadron recently - a fun old game, i have it running nicely in windows version 1.50 , - i can see there are lots of plane pack addons in moddb but can anyone tell me how one actually has them appear in the game? i install a number of plane packs, but nothing shows up in game and install instrcutions dont give any helpful info, except that i need to add things to the startup.ppf - a file however which doesnt appear to be in my media folder,
Posted By: ArgonV

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/16/19 08:47 PM

Howdy!

Are these add-ons you mention for WW2 or the WW1 mod?

A complete run down of how to install the proper add-ons in the right order for WW2 is here: http://www.openplanesim.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3848
(ModDB link for this here: https://www.moddb.com/games/fighter...tutorials/fighter-squadron-install-order)

A complete run down of how to install the proper add-ons in the right order for WW1 is here: http://www.fsww1.com/ (Install Option #3)

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/18/19 12:28 AM

thanks - its the ww2 stuff i was after

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/19/19 03:55 PM

If you need any further help, do ask. smile

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/21/19 10:22 AM

thanks - oh thats quite a lenghty sequence for the the FSDOE addons, i think i will just skip it for now, and spend time on the cd patched version - very odd that the game cd came with its patch in a separate folder, i would have thought they would just apply the patch to the game already/

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/22/19 08:26 PM

I would, after you have that up and going - at least install the 1.6.0.7 Patch here: https://site.openplanesim.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5317&start=0

It fixes many bugs, and adds new display features to the game. You will launch it with the new exe (App.exe) once installed.

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/23/19 11:42 AM

yes i saw that and downloaded it and ran it but it has the worst install program i have ever encountered - itakes up the whole screen and i cant minimise it, and instead of being a normal install that just puts the files in the designated folder, it wants to search my computer for the install and it was taking too long - after about 15 minutes of it searching, even though i put the patch in teh actual game folder and it is an actual legit version of the game i own that i nstalled off the cd - so i gave up. If someone can direct me to a better way to install that patch i would love to know.

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/23/19 01:52 PM

Ah yeah the full screen installer thing is annoying - I think you can hit Cancel or Skip to the game search tho as to where the files are?

What I linked above at www.openplanesim.com however is not in EXE, but in ZIP format - so it shouldn't be a bother. You do need to copy over your game's keyboard.inp and sdemons.ini files to where you extract the Patch.

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/29/19 08:47 AM

thanks - i will do this though i dont quite understand your instruction - where do the patch files go?

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 09/30/19 01:51 AM

They can go anywhere. I just create a "Patch 1.6.0.7" folder within the"C:\Fighter Squadron\" directory, and extract the zip there. Then, copy over your sdemons.ini and keyboard.inp files from your "C:\Fighter Squadron\" directory to the "Patch 1.6.0.7" folder.

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 10/01/19 01:23 PM

ok thanks for that explanation because I would have put akll the patch files in the main folder

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 04/14/20 12:02 PM

hi Argon, how are you, I hope you are safe and well

sorry its been a little while since i was talking on the forum to you about Fighter Squadron. I was coming back to playing it now and i am finding that the Typhoon i am flying doesnt seem to have any ammunition

i hit fire with it and it just clicks and nothing comes out. am i missing something regarding the Typhoon? i have ammo in the other aircraft is there something I need to do or has something gone wrong for my install?

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 04/20/20 05:27 AM

Just to follow up - it is from the mouse button not being assigned (as he is using a mouse to fly and not a joystick).

Re: Fighter Squadron SDOE adding aircraft - 04/20/20 11:38 PM

yes, that is right, i found because i am using a mouse for the game at the moment (its just not convenient for me to use a joystick at the present time with where i am setup using my laptop) that cannon is not assigned to anything, so i made some key changes and now it is all good
© 2024 SimHQ Forums