homepage

New Flight Sim for VR users

Posted By: Flappy613

New Flight Sim for VR users - 10/17/18 01:34 AM

Hello all,

For anyone that’s interested Flyinside has just released their own simulator to Beta and Public early access. If their other products are anything to judge by, this will be a great new alternative for us VR folks. See more at Flyinside-fsx.com .
Posted By: wormfood

Re: New Flight Sim for VR users - 10/17/18 07:12 PM

They have a demo for it as well. https://flyinside-fsx.com/Download
Posted By: FlyingMonkey

Re: New Flight Sim for VR users - 10/22/18 01:53 AM

Right now it's still a bit rough looking, but I there is a lot of potential: Dan Church, the guy behind the FlyInside addons for FX/P3d/XP11, really knows his stuff when it comes to VR - his addons were way ahead of the competition when it comes to getting the best performance. If you own any of the FlyInside addons, you get a discount, and if you backed his Kickstarter back then, it's down to only $20 for a sim that comes with 3rd party complex aircraft as default, so I did not hesitate a second and got it. The engine is built better than any other sim for VR (and in general, it's a true multithread sim, finally...) so it's got the right foundation - better awesome engine with a bad coat of paint right now then good looking out of the box with a flawed engine underneath. It's a small team though, so my guess is that it will really mature into something awesome if there's an active community to work its wonders on the top of it, especially scenery wise (if there's something similar to Ortho4XP for it, then it will shine I reckon)
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: New Flight Sim for VR users - 10/30/18 04:12 PM

I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on XP11 while its on sale, but should I get this instead?
Posted By: Mark Aisthorpe

Re: New Flight Sim for VR users - 10/31/18 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4
I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on XP11 while its on sale, but should I get this instead?

Although its very promising its still early days for FIFS.
So it depends on if you want a fully fledged Sim of are prepared to ride the long development road of an early accesses Sim.

Re: New Flight Sim for VR users - 10/31/18 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4

X
As much as I think it's great to have a new sim on the market, if you're tight on money and hesitate between xp11 and this, go for XP11, it's much more complete (but you should probably test XP11 with its free trial to make sure you can run it fine though).
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: New Flight Sim for VR users - 10/31/18 03:22 AM

Thanks all.

I'll download both demos, but I'm leaning heavily toward XP now.

Re: New Flight Sim for VR users - 11/01/18 01:02 AM

The main issue with XP11, especially in VR, is performance. I have issues running the native VR in XP with most planes. But I can run it fine using the FlyInside for XPlane plugin (but it's payware). If you can't make XP run in VR, then FlyInside Simulator is probably guaranteed to run fine, but you'll be limited in terms of planes and the scenery is ugly for now - I'm guessing it's going to progress slowly given the small team. Another option to have smooth VR and amazing scenery is Aerofly FS2, but then the aircraft are limited and not as complex as other sims, and there are no helos right now (altough one is coming soon). No demo for AFS2 though (they should have one, it would help them get new users).
© 2024 SimHQ Forums