homepage

X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer

Posted By: Remon

X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/10/16 07:55 AM

Weird that I can't find any threads about it.

Video of the announcement.

A trailer showing some of the effects. The reflections look a little overdone.

Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/10/16 11:40 AM

you beat me to it
http://www.lockonfiles.com/news/view-309-x-plane-11-announced/

thanks for the video links, I added them as well.
smile
Posted By: ricnunes

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/11/16 01:48 PM

Looks cool indeed.

But one thing that I never understood is why X-Plane and FSX before it (and the successors of FSX) after making so many variants never decide to include full combat features in their sims?

Really these sims have IMO (I could be wrong thou) so many features that are apparently more complex than combat related features and after so many version (and so many years later) never decided to include combat features in order to really expand their flight sim series!
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/15/16 07:40 PM

Sounds pretty cool, I'm interested.

My main issues with X Plane was all the stock planes are crap. Some of the virtual cockpits look like they are from X Plane 5, and with each update their flight models were broken and fly really strangely. Sounds like they are giving all their old plane cockpits and exteriors and overhaul which has me excited, not to mention new sound which was wayyyy over due. Some of the X Plane sound effects sound 10 years old or more.

Their autogen and stock airports have come a long way and are more accurate right now in X Plane 10, I'm looking forward to more of this. I tend to fly locally mainly (Wisconsin) and most of the really small airports are done pretty accurately with all the community made airports using the airport dev tool maker.

For someone like me who's not into buying lots of add ons this is a huge plus as it looks very good stock which FSX does not.
Posted By: Johan217

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/17/16 11:27 AM

Call me casual biggrin but I was rather hoping for more extensive AI traffic and ATC.
Posted By: Wedge

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/19/16 12:47 AM

I am seriously thinking about purchasing x-plane 11. I have never owned a version of x-plane. I have always used FSX with Rex Gex and Utx. I am ready to put FSX on the shelf.

If I go ahead and purchase XP10 to take advantage of "free" XP11 does the software update from 10 to 11 or will xp11 be a whole separate download and install?

Also when XP11 is released will the price go up from 59.99 USD (current price of XP10)?
Trying to make a decision to go ahead and purchase now to take advantage of a potential savings or to just wait for the release of XP11.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/20/16 06:20 PM

How many of you guys are getting XP11? I've always wanted to pull the trigger on either XP10 or P3D with XP10 being a bit more in favor, but I would always end up spending my money elsewhere. Maybe XP11 will finally allow me to return to civvie flying... I just can't return to FSX with FSX graphics....
Posted By: JimK

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/20/16 10:19 PM

Been a X-Plane user since 1999 and version 5.42. Back in the day when it cost $199.00.
Was really pissed after paying that much finding the price was dropping to $79.00 for
version 5.54 and only 4 months after getting it.

But I have been buying every version since, and am on the pre-order list for 11 for a
few weeks.

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/21/16 03:20 PM

I'm purchasing. It will be my first X-Plane experience. I'm about ready to put my order in, but waiting on some funds.

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/21/16 06:19 PM

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/21/16 06:20 PM

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/21/16 06:21 PM

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/21/16 06:22 PM

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/21/16 06:28 PM

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/21/16 06:47 PM

Stop it Wedge!! STOP!!!

Post here!! biggrin

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/21/16 06:50 PM

Those screen shots are all from XP11.

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/21/16 07:01 PM

HD version of the presentation:

linky
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/23/16 03:36 PM

The metal shine on that old AA livery looks niiice.
Posted By: FlyingMonkey

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/24/16 03:12 AM

Nicer graphics are always welcome, but I hope they also put some significant effort in ATC and above all that they finally start supporting VR - I was hoping that for xp 10 and it never came - now I'm back to FSX (and Aerofly FS 2) but I'd really like to have true new gen complex sim in VR. Not holding my breath though, the XP developers seem to stick with Apple as the main platform driving their choices and Apple is still lagging behind when it comes to VR ((it looks like Apple pretends it's because they only believe in AR, but their current computers are generally lacking the GPU power to do good VR anyway).

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/24/16 03:49 PM

According to the video, they are working on VR but they believe VR is not quite there yet in terms of resolution. As for ATC, again, not much there due to whatever XPlane's version of VATSIM is doing for the sim.
Posted By: HogDriver

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/25/16 09:32 AM

Looks like the same ancient B-52 texture in that vid with the lighting. So nice lighting, fog, reflections, but terrible old low-res skins on at least some of the aircraft.

I guess as usual, and like Flight Simulator, 3rd party addons will be the way to go.

I'm honestly not sure I want this. I've never been a big X-Plane fan.
Posted By: f15sim

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/26/16 03:23 PM

FYI, the guy that created the Oculus Rift & HTC Vive plugins for FSX and P3D has his new plugin for X-Plane in beta right now. You won't have to wait for Laminar to get around to it. smile

g.
Posted By: Sethos88

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/28/16 06:15 AM

Yes, if you want VR, FlyInside is already beta testing for X-Plane. And, if you're desperate for real ATC, I suggest PilotEdge.

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/28/16 06:01 PM

X-Plane 11 Flight School Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5ezODGAYWg

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 10/31/16 04:38 AM

FlyInside VR support for X Plane would be just as good as native support. I was on the pre-sale beta for it back when it was FSX only and it's still the best thing that happened to civilian flight sims in term of VR support. That's really awesome news then and time for me to reinstall Xplane 10 in fact (unless FlyInside manages to move to Xplane 11 fast)

EDIT: I just realised I could have tried that for a while now as the beta versions to which I have access already include xp 10 - now if only I could free some spare time...
Posted By: f15sim

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 11/01/16 02:13 PM

"Spare time"? What witchcraft is this?!

biggrin

g.
Posted By: rezerekted

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 11/02/16 07:37 PM

I have bought X-Plane twice and think last version I bought was vr.9. Box showed a detailed cockpit view and was expecting all the bundled planes to have detailed cockpits. Imagine my disappointment when I found out only one plane had a detailed cockpit and all the other planes where exactly the same as what I had in the previous version I owned. Not only that, it took something like 6 hours to install the whole world environment. Haven't bought a version since.
Does this ver.11 have detailed cockpits for all the planes or just one again?

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 11/03/16 01:10 PM

@rezerekted:

Quote from the main website "Every aircraft in the fleet comes with a beautiful, usable 3-D cockpit."

You can go to the XP11 website, scroll down, and see some of the planes being released with screen shots of the planes and their cockpits.

wwww.x-plane.com

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 11/22/16 09:23 PM

Getting close to release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov0Sm9GDha4

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 11/23/16 08:07 PM

Stream recording from earlier today jawdrop

https://www.twitch.tv/belynz/v/102903651

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 11/26/16 07:38 AM

X-Plane 11 Demo/Beta has been released to the public!

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

Re: X-Plane 11 announced, and a trailer - 11/28/16 12:13 AM

It looks like native VR is in the developers mind:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/5f7lra/looks_like_xplane_11_is_getting_native_rift/
© 2024 SimHQ Forums