homepage

Frame rates over airfields

Posted By: Witchy Woman

Frame rates over airfields - 12/06/22 02:21 AM

So I have seen a few videos on youtube of some people playing the notoriously laggy polish map or airfields mod. The thing is some people are having no lag at all with these mods.
I have a very high end I7 pushing a Nvidia 2070 with 64gb of ram. what does it take to use the airfields mod and get these great framrates others have? The 4GB patch did not seem to fix it. It must be some trick because Ive seen videos with no lag.

Thanks
Posted By: AndyB

Re: Frame rates over airfields - 12/10/22 06:59 PM

Hi,

The Polish/Airfields maps work fine on my machine with no lag. It's a:

HP DC 7100
Core I7 running at 3.40Ghz
14Gb of Ram
Running Windows 7 Pro (64 bit)
Graphcs card is a Nvidea GeForce GTX570

Hope this information helps you.

Cheers,

Andy
Posted By: Witchy Woman

Re: Frame rates over airfields - 12/17/22 09:13 PM

My specs are above yours. Would love to know what to do to get good frame rates when looking towards cities or over airfields. It should not be acting like this. Its not my system.
Posted By: Soczkien

Re: Frame rates over airfields - 12/17/22 10:36 PM

Hi Witchy,

The LODs for objects (level of details) on this maps are bit specific. And the good settings for this map, may be a bit problematic for another ones.

But definitely you shouls be able to play this map with good framerate.

If I remember correctly you should put cbar = 2000 in your .ini settings
Then during gameplay switch through lods with ALT + L shortcut. You will notice increasing distance/number of visible trees etc.

There are 5 levels of lod from the lowest to highest. For beginning suggest try lower settings: first or second level. The higher would make game unplayable most likely.

Just my observation, the modded game seems to became very cpu dependent as all is running on single core. Very "busy" maps with a lot of units seems to suffer with low frame rate at some moments when a lot of ground/sea units engaging each other. If you run the same map with less amount of units (just edited scenario) it should work very well.

One of example is the gwut (file with weapons parameters) was hardly edited and for example units are attacking more aggresively than in original game (original artillery had very limited fire rate, in the modded one they could fire rockets with high rate).

I observed that in one of campaigns - as soon the artillery started to "raining" with rockets my fps droppped to like 15-20 fps.

© 2024 SimHQ Forums