EECH 1.16.1 release candidate is out.

Posted By: Anonymous

EECH 1.16.1 release candidate is out. - 07/03/19 08:02 PM

check post below for download 1.16.1 rc
==========================

Release Candidate Download
Posted By: messyhead

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/03/19 08:05 PM

There's converters in the code repo to convert to/from ees/lwo. You run them from the command line.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/03/19 08:13 PM

yes, I mean, there are no new ees files saved with new models. They are only with the old ones.
rapota only made files lwo, without any ees.
you need to open the ees old file in the editor scene and save it with the new model.
Posted By: Javelin

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/03/19 08:38 PM

Are we anywhere close on the external Ka-50N model? With the updated cockpit model & textures, updated instruments, and FLIR installed, the cockpit is almost ready. We could shoot for upgrading the entire Ka-50.
Posted By: Viper1970

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/03/19 08:39 PM

The MI-28N is still a long hard way to go. Lot harder than the KA-50 was.

I just take a look at the all textures we already have in EECH and what I can reuse also for the MI-28N instruments.

The photos of the MI-28N cockpit are really good, but to use them for the cockpit textures you have to correct every instruments perspective, as if you would look directly centered top down to the instrument.

I can for sure correct some perspective things, but that's a real hard work. Much harder as you would think of. At the moment this is my biggest problem. Much bigger as the 3D work itself.

The MI-28N will really take a while, before finished. I don't know what plans you have for the release of the new version, but I think I will certainly need three months at least to get the MI-28N done. I can not promise this, cause I have a lot other things also, that must be done.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/03/19 08:55 PM

The new external model of the KA-50 was done two years ago by myself. At the time of working at it I didn't knew that we will make a KA-50N somewhere in future, so I could not say if it is somewhere near finished.

It was only a, what I thought, nicer looking version of the KA-50. The animation of the nose sensors is still missing an I have no clue how this works.

I have not worked at it now. I'm only at the MI-28N at the moment. But I could also switch back to the KA-50, if you like, so that this one is faster finished.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/03/19 09:09 PM

I will also need some assistance with the animations. I have to learn this from scratch, cause I never done anything with it before. Two years ago I also wanted to make the nose-sensors of the KA-50 working but to get this done you also have to know the code and here is my problem.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/03/19 09:27 PM

Imho better make the most complete cockpit and model ka50, it does not make sense to release half done.Mi28 can wait.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/03/19 11:05 PM

Ok, just tested the KA-50 in EECH. I have seen a lot of textures still missing in the pit. I have made a completely new k50_cockpit_2.tga/bmp back those days. I have tested it now, copying it to EECH, but it hasn't any effect.

Same goes for my completely modified fuselage (I also tested today). Also no textures here, even if I copy the textures I made back two years ago to EECH.

As far as I remember I was further with this work, but I couldn't find the files yet. I will now switch back to the KA-50 and try to fix the missing textures in the pit and also update the external model to the "KA-50N" (the model I already made) and fix those missing textures also. I think I have to do the whole UV-mapping for this again. Maybe I could find the last version of my work, but as things are at the moment I doubt about it.

Attached picture k50_cockpit_2.jpg

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 02:11 AM

Hi Viper. I'm going to fix the MFD TV view clarity first, then I'll take a look at the animation code for the sensor turret and guns. They don't pop out of a bay like the Comanche guns do, they just rotate and point. I'm thinking it's similar to the instrument needles animation, but with 2-axis motion instead of just one. The 3D object needs to be a complete ball or cylinder for the camera sensor, so when it rotates in 3D it's solid from every angle. Half a sphere would leave an open hole when rotated. It's only going to take me a day or two to fix the TV cameras, I've already found the code that controls the MFD scene lighting and tinting. And I'm off work for most of the next five days!

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Viper1970
Ok, just tested the KA-50 in EECH. I have seen a lot of textures still missing in the pit. I have made a completely new k50_cockpit_2.tga/bmp back those days. I have tested it now, copying it to EECH, but it hasn't any effect.

Same goes for my completely modified fuselage (I also tested today). Also no textures here, even if I copy the textures I made back two years ago to EECH.

As far as I remember I was further with this work, but I couldn't find the files yet. I will now switch back to the KA-50 and try to fix the missing textures in the pit and also update the external model to the "KA-50N" (the model I already made) and fix those missing textures also. I think I have to do the whole UV-mapping for this again. Maybe I could find the last version of my work, but as things are at the moment I doubt about it.

When I'm back I'll send you the updated cockpit files, as I made slight changes when I was doing the instruments

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 06:57 AM

Ah ok, that's good, thanks. What I've seen yesterday is that the k50_cockpit_2.tga/bmp is still the old one from Soczkien. I've made a new one two years ago, but there are still some missing UV-maps (e.g. the hoops at the top left and right besides the overhead-panel and the inside cockpit window frames etc.).

I have tested it yesterday and the texture has no effect, also it has the same name as the one from Soczkien. I think I had a newer version of the KA-50 cockpit EEO file, including the UV-maps for those missing textures, but I have no clue where it is. I will redo this mapping, so that the cockpit is complete. I think it won't have any effect to the changes you made, cause it's only stuff from the k50_cockpit_2.tga/bmp which isn't relevant to the main front panel and the whole textures which are used for the instruments. Those textures are completely in the first k50_cockpit_1.tga/bmp which is already integrated in our new version of the cockpit. I will recompile the new eeo-file we now use and do the uv-mapping for it.

After fixing this, I will go to the external model of my KA-50N and do some changes, so that Javelin could make the nose-sensors working and we could use it. As far as I know, I did not used full balls for the sensors at final, cause I didn't see any way to get the animations done and it was simpler to make the sensors a part of the fuselage itself.

I will now fix this and also redo the UV-mapping for the external camo and other details. I used the full 4096x4096 two years ago to get smooth textures with some details, but this distorted the textures in there shape and it was hard to get the details matching in size. I will also try to fix this too, cause I have to do the UV-mapping for it again anyway. I hope I can still get a good resolution for the textures, because if I fix the aspect ratio, I will loose a lot of the pixels in the height for the fuselage. At the other hand it's a lot easier to get e.g. the different rims, I also made for each camo, working with the normal, desert and winter textures, cause I can put them to the main texture. The texture itself will still remain 4096x4096.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 08:16 AM

If you have the same name texture tga and bmp you must delete one. Move the same name textures out of eech folder,leave only what you need .

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 09:30 AM

I think the sensor ball needs to be a separate object in the scene. So when you create it in the model at the right size and shape, save it as a separate object.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 04:38 PM

If you have the same name texture tga and bmp you must delete one. Move the same name textures out of eech folder,leave only what you need

I have deleted the original file and replaced it with the new one. I also made two versions of all the files related to the cockpit, one TGA and one BMP. It still had no effect, regardless what I did.

It's simply not the last version of my pit I have available at the moment and the odds are good that I have mixed up something before I did the backup, two years ago. The termination of my tenancy came really unexpected and I had to manage so much things, that it could happened easily, that I did a final backup of the wrong version of the KA-50. It's really a problem with missing UV-mappings in the version we now have. It's sadly not the final version we have, but even the final one was not completely finished.

I think the sensor ball needs to be a separate object in the scene. So when you create it in the model at the right size and shape, save it as a separate object.

Thank's messyhead, I will do this. I hope I will be able to find out what I had already all done. It's really a problem if you have to remember things you did two years ago and never again, cause there were so much other things you had to manage screwy biggrin

I do not want to think about my homepit. Oh god, I have no more clue what I had soldered all together at the electronics confused

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 04:59 PM

Good advice for the future - every day I make copy of work on a disk in the cloud gdrive or dropbox.
Posted By: PatrykW

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 06:35 PM

I think some elements should be fixed:

Missing dirty windscreen in apache - during rain or snow there is no visible crap on the windscreen.

Overtorque - you can fly at 110% without any issues.

Helfire word said by the weapon operator (only when radar version of helfire is used you we can hear word “hellfire” while going through the weapons.

Choppers are moving (actually rocking) on the helipad at the beginning of the mission

That’s it for now ;-)

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 06:47 PM

"Missing dirty windscreen in apache - during rain or snow there is no visible crap on the windscreen."
I forgot about it, could you please Javelin or messyhead look at it?it appeared with the add lighting to apache cockpit by thealx. his last work.it's a different rendering mode from I remember.Also no dirty window in ka50? if i good remember.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/04/19 09:54 PM

I have just seen that the wiper of the KA-50 is a bit far to the left. I think this is an animation problem. Is there a way to correct this, so that the axis attachment is at the right front window frame?

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/05/19 02:47 AM

On the textures, I've noticed that they tend to stay loaded in the graphics card buffer even after you've shut down EECH all the way and restarted it. I messed with a texture a month ago and had to launch another graphics-intensive program in order to flush the current texture out of the buffer so I could see the changes I had made. Just an observation. It may just apply to my graphics card, but then again it may not.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/05/19 06:18 AM

Check other folders,probably you have copy in another place in eech\. Dont do backup graphic files in game folder!. Is always cause mess and problems.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/05/19 10:38 AM

Javelin - thanks for confirming this. When I was redoing the HD textures for AH cockpit it was the most annoying thing - did everything yet at some point the cockpit was still showing the old textures and not the HD ones. I nearly punched the screen lol biggrin

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 08:04 AM

Do we know how much of the cockpit improvements made it into 1.16?

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3961554/cockpits-improvement-program#Post3961554

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 08:34 AM

Nothing frown apache avionics is most complete, mi24 is complete in 50%. Will be great finish apache,new symbology Pnvs,new terrain folowing radar symbolgy 2x bigger mfd resolution new flir symbology wacky

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 08:44 AM

Just seen yesterday while testing, that there is no more WUT-file loaded in the new "cohokum_test12.exe"?

I don't know if this was also the case in the original 1.16 Fix1 version, cause I mainly used the 1.15.4 back those days.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 10:05 AM

Now, big question for you guys - all these improvements will have some impact on the performance. How smooth things will work? Don't get me wrong, these improvements are bloody brilliant but I have noticed that certain things can kill the FPS (or maybe my PC is just a pile of sh£$% biggrin ).

In the past I have noticed that if I have the hi res map on one MFD there is a noticeable performance drop. Smoke can do the same to my FPS. I guessing all this is related to the original code that was not really optimised for modern machines.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 10:42 AM

Maybe this has also to do with Win 10. Don't know what version of windows you use, I still use the good old Win 7 64. No problems even with my old low spec laptop. Ok, I only did a bit of keyboard-test-flying, no missions or something else.

I avoid Win 10 like plague, although I'm already having Win 10 licenses. But sadly it will not be possible to stay with Win 7 in future with new machines.

No more drivers and even the install is a pain on modern PC's. I had to use an old PS2 keyboard and mouse to setup the system of my girlfriends son (very similar to the systems I still bought).

There is no native support of USB 3.0 in Win 7 and you need this to get your USB-keyboard and mouse running during the setup. On the other hand there is still a support for the old PS/2 confused , but here you need an y-adapter to get both running, mouse and keyboard. And of course you have to own a old PS/2-mouse/keyboard.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 11:14 AM

I just ran both cohokum_test12 and 13 and GWUT 1160 shows up in the upper right corner of the screen. I didn't change anything.

Yes, DirectX 9 is very processor oriented, GPU's hadn't taken over the graphics yet back then.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 11:24 AM

Hmm, must be a problem with my installation. Doesn't really matter I only noticed it yesterday.

I thought that this could have to do something with all the new changes, but if it's running for other guys, there is something wrong with my own install. biggrin

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 11:33 AM

We taking about fps. Is possible check.why in apache cockpit in cpg i have 10 fps less than in pilot seat? Im 100% sure this,checked many times. Maybe is some bug? Or this is normal?
Posted By: AndyB

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 03:22 PM

Hi Guys,

Very glad to see work being done on the sim again. Thought it was dead for a while there.

I have a request please.

When you are in working on the code, could you look and see, if there any way to include a few exports from the game ?

Specifically I'd like the flare and chaff count exported and, if possible, the "Up Front Display" message exported. I think there was some work done on this a while ago. Even if it was exporting a code for each message. i.e 1=engine on fire, 2=oil pressure low etc

I could pick the codes up in SIOC and re-create the full message to send to the simpit UFD.

Cheers,

Andy

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 04:14 PM

Hi Andy,

nice to see you here again!

You are using SIOC for your homepit eek . I had also looked at SIOC as a solution for some things in my homepit, but I quickly resigned with it. It was to complex for my knowledge biggrin

I'm still searching for a solution to get the different simulations I would like to run, working.

I think Javelin is the right guy to ask about exports. He had also made some new other exports for EECH. It would be real nice to have some more exports to have an option to interface them with homecockpit. Don't know if it is possible, but Javelin had made a lot of cool things the last months thumbsup

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/06/19 06:49 PM

Hi AndyB, I've looked through a bit of the code, it's exported via the commserver app which hasn't been touched in a while. I got it to compile after fixing a few errors. It's a lot more complicated than you'd expect. If I can get the new values inserted into the shared memory data structures, I have no idea how to test it. All I can do is hand it off to you and you'll have to test it and tell me what went wrong. C++ is not my native language, it always takes me a while to figure out what the other guy did.
Posted By: AndyB

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/07/19 02:41 PM

Hi Guys,

Any help would be appreciated. I understand how difficult it is to pick up on someone else's code. I believe it was either Firebird or Thealx that wrote the original commserver app.

If I knew the address range in memory that the shared memory area was located, I could use a memory editor to view it and see if it was right. Like you, C++ is not my language. Did some Pascal, Machine Code, Basic, HTML, ASP, the usual stuff.

Cheers,

Andy

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 07/07/19 09:54 PM

OK AndyB, there is a new thread on the Commserver just for you. I think I have it exporting data, but you will have to test it and tell me.
Posted By: thealx

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 07:26 AM

Proposing to proceed to final tests of 1.16.1

Tell me if I missed something, or didn't mention someone.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 07:36 AM

Finally ! smile

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 01:28 PM

I remember Javelin had also added the working engine bars for the MI-28. Is that included? I'll try and find the post about it.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 01:31 PM

Torque and temperature - yes, they are working properly.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 01:52 PM

What were the bugs you mentioned to me that might need fixed for a couple of the cockpits I had worked on?

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 03:30 PM

"Tell me if I missed something"
No rain effect on ka 50.
it has never been since the beginning

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 03:30 PM

Havoc altitude and vertical speed gauges values, quite minor but anyway.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by BANITA
"Tell me if I missed something"
No rain effect on ka 50.
it has never been since the beginning

yeah, just checked - no rain function in the code, no rain texture on glass. if someone can add it to the scene, I will add it in the code.
Posted By: SimonAlonso

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 05:33 PM

Are here the Rapota models and Soczkien map mods? I only have the first 1.16 release. Thanks

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 05:46 PM

Latest mods does not included in 1.16.1RC archive (and launcher database either), so you have to install them manually. before or after update - patch will not break them.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 05:53 PM

rapota models not have ees files,does it affect game performance in any way?

i dont know if this bug, or mess with my files. I have rain on apache, but wipers does not clean the rain.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/04/20 06:11 PM

rapota models not have ees files,does it affect game performance in any way?

He made update for existing models (eeo files and probably textures), so scenes should exist already - default one or from some other mod (like Soczkien's jets). More information you can get from it's description, honestly I have not tried any mods after 1.16.0 release.
For that purpose I've made special option in installer to point dependency - it will be clear which EECH version and mods has to be already installed, but it will take time until authors will start to use it and it's database will be completed.

i dont know if this bug, or mess with my files. I have rain on apache, but wipers does not clean the rain.

some UV problems with rain texture, but wipers working

Attached picture ah64d_rain.jpg

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/06/20 12:04 PM

Archive updated with some fixes

as we have fully working MFD export again, I've added instructions how to display MFDs on Android tablet or similar WiFi device on related wiki page. feel free to add any information if you have experience in this topic.

http://eechcentral.simhq.com/index.php?title=MFD_Export
Posted By: SKIP2008

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/08/20 04:09 PM

Hi, ah64's PNVS mod by Comanche123 added?

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4499634/changed-some-places#Post4499634

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/09/20 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by SKIP2008
Hi, ah64's PNVS mod by Comanche123 added?

it is not, as
1. file no longer available as I can see
2. he didn't push code changes into repository

If you feel these changes worth to be included into release, you may ask him to provide changed source code files, or push commits, so his code can be validated and included into release EXE.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/09/20 06:38 PM

Ok thanks.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/21/20 08:47 AM

1.16.1 test version updated

Music feature added, and probably it will be last one - from now critical fixes only. Music can cause game crashes, especially when you have low RAM, but you can report it anyway.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/21/20 12:47 PM

Perfect, from what i understand, bouncing helos bug isn't solved yet, that's for now the only reason i'm still using 1.15.2

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/21/20 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by SKIP2008
from what i understand, bouncing helos bug isn't solved yet, that's for now the only reason i'm still using 1.15.2

no. have you tried to force vSync? this trick helps some people.
I don't have it which is only reason why it still not fixed. but if you are ready to assist with testing, I can prepare some builds with different adjustments, debug logs etc. so we have a chance to uncover it.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/21/20 02:07 PM

Which setting i'd use with vSync? what other people done for solving the problem?

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/21/20 02:25 PM

https://www.gog.com/forum/enemy_engaged_series/landed_helicopters_bouncing_around_and_hud_question

no ini value exists for that, but you can use:
for nVidia - it's in control panel, where you can set performance settings for each application/game manually
same thing exist for Radeon cards, as alternative some tweaking utils can be used
may be a problem for Intel GPUs

can't promise it really helps, but it's true that issue hardware/software dependent so this solution may work.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/21/20 04:12 PM

wow, I was recently browsing old mail, and 9 10 years ago we tried to fix this bug with firebird. The oldest bug in history.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/22/20 07:00 AM

@thealx when you create this release, would you mind creating a release_1_16_1 branch in the repo, just as a marker of everything in the code for that release, then if master is worked on, and we ever need to go back to 1_16_1 point it'll be easier?

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/22/20 08:23 AM

sure, if you need it.

usually, when I need go back to the some history state:
1. making new repo copy
2. open commits log
3. select commit to which state I want to restore everything
4. select "reset master to this" in context menu
5. set checkbox of reset type to "Hard"
so files and log became exactly the same as they was back then. but yes - it require some routine actions.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/22/20 10:32 AM

I'm just testing a new install, with your test build. I think there's quite a bit missing from the KA50 instruments. I have local changes that have more needles. My objects folder for the ka50 has 24 items, yours only has 14.

I'm just trying to work out what's missing, and what's finished in my version. I thought I had the gear lamps working at least.

If you tried the eject position fix I sent, it won't work as there's things missing from the scene.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/22/20 10:35 AM

yes, I've noticed your scene has more objects.

I have used files from there https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4485939/updated-ka50-cockpit#Post4485939
it has 14 files inside cockpit folder

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/22/20 10:42 AM

Ah ok. Maybe I didn't get round to uploading everything else. I'm just going through the forum thread to see where I got to. I'm on page 34 of 43 biggrin

I've also just added the pilot model back in as I think in hindsight, it's better to be there.

If you can wait a bit longer, I could try and get it up to standard this week?

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/22/20 11:10 AM

I'm caught up now. I had the gear and rotor rpm lamps working on my local build, but didn't commit or upload the changes.

If you like, I can revert to the version you have in this release, and amend the eject handle position and add the pilot.

Or if you can wait a little longer, I can get some more of the lamps working, and it can be included?

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/22/20 11:16 AM

yeah sure, until music stuff is unfinished and not tested properly yet you have time.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/23/20 12:35 AM

It seems I'd got quite a few of the warning lamps working, but forgot to tell anyone biggrin

I've merged my code into master now, and I've updated the download link in the KA50 post with the latest, and updated that post with what's been done so far.

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4485939/updated-ka50-cockpit

This also included the pilot model, and the eject camera position fix. The pilots arm is missing, so I need to work that one out.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/23/20 05:54 PM

Added the weapon panel lamps, and merged the changes into master.

@thealx Should the object, texture, and scene files also be checked into the setup folder?

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/23/20 06:08 PM

Ok thanks, I'll update test package tonight.

Originally Posted by messyhead
Should the object, texture, and scene files also be checked into the setup folder?

Object and scenes - yes. textures - no. So we will collect upgrades in minor updates, and when time is comes - combine all core files in single folder and pack them into major update.

Maybe it will be helpful to store media files in different repository, but I do not need it personally.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/23/20 06:13 PM

Ok, I'll add the ka50 objects folder

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/24/20 05:33 PM

Question for everyone, who playing the latest build - did you have any crashed or stability issues since 21.03.2020 update? Regardless was music used or not.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/24/20 05:54 PM

I can't say I've noticed any, but I've not started a campaign or played for a long time.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 02:02 PM

Hi, when I am flying with several helos I cant use H to hover, the helo explote.
The Javelin mod dont runs properly or I dont like it, it does a lot of strange things, it should be optional instalation.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 02:08 PM

I can confirm that helicopter explode because of FM configs changes, even if it may be related with some old FM bugs but still a problem.

you can try to copy files from "\common\data\dynamics folder" of 1.16.0, but can't promise hover will work properly after that. will test it soon myself.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 03:49 PM

Thanks Thealx.
The clouds are the same as in 1.16, looks good but when you try to go across them they move avoiding the heló with a strange movement, nothing realistic. When the automatic camera is with a vehicle the clouds appear and disappear frecuently, nothing realistic toó.

I love the new Bases, Farps and new models by Soczkien and Rapota and dont affect fps. Excelent!

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 04:18 PM

with clouds you won't do anything, it's a known problem from all simulators.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 04:51 PM

Something wrong or bad happends with trackir in mi-28 and k-50. The center position has something like magnetic, that cause bad effect not smoth...

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 04:59 PM

It is posible to update 1.15.4 with Rapota models and Soczkien Poland Map??

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 05:02 PM

with clouds you won't do anything, it's a known problem from all simulators.

Are you see Falcon 4.33?

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 05:06 PM

in bms for 10 years this problem occurred, now they probably fixed it, but they have dozens of programmers, and all the possibilities dx 9.btw good job Simon, report all errors.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 05:27 PM

Sorry me, I understand what is a very very difficult thing and I dont help doing things. I only want the best for this SIM.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/26/20 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by SimonAlonso
The clouds are the same as in 1.16, looks good but when you try to go across them they move avoiding the heló with a strange movement, nothing realistic. When the automatic camera is with a vehicle the clouds appear and disappear frecuently, nothing realistic toó.

Don't remember such happen before, so it may be because of wider texture that used instead of old one (almost square). Old texture still can be restored. or D3D9 changes, as they affect all kind of rendering.

It is posible to update 1.15.4 with Rapota models and Soczkien Poland Map??

Models - probably yes, map - I don't think so, some code changes was made for his mods.

Something wrong or bad happends with trackir in mi-28 and k-50. The center position has something like magnetic, that cause bad effect not smoth...

I've made some changes related to TrackIR centering, regardless helicopter. I'll check it out and disable if something really wrong there.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/27/20 02:58 AM

The KA-50 shows a fuel quantity of 743. but I can't find this in the code (which has 1600) or dynamics files (which has 1478). Is this set in the gwut?

I remember looking into the fuel for the KA-50, as it has 2 tanks. The fore tank holds 705kg, and the rear holds 745kg, so a total of 1450kg. I was going to try and model both tanks, but hadn't got round to it yet.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/27/20 05:23 AM

Don't worry - it's a feature. Fuel weight re-calculated on mission start and depends on the route length. If you open payload screen, you'll see that only half amount of fuel loaded.

Multiple fuel tanks implemented in 1.15.4, code not really complicated so if you really need it - it can be copied to stable release. But, dyn files structure has to be changed after that so old dynamics files will be no longer compatible, I guess it will be fair to do it with major update.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 03/27/20 04:07 PM

I think I remember someone posting about the yaw rate of the coaxial helos, and were going to improve it. I can't find the post though. It would be good if that could be included.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 04/03/20 09:10 AM

Bouncing helos on helipad solved setting vSync on adaptive, apart of flight model that makes you blow in the sky, i have a strange trees in the sky flyng in winter environment, anyone notice this?

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 04/03/20 09:14 AM

Fixing FM issues right now.
can you send a screenshot of these trees? I've made rendering distance changes but not their positioning

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 04/03/20 09:35 AM

I'll send a screenshot as soon as possible, the issue consists that you see trees in the air from cockpit view, when you switch to external view all looks ok, but only in winter environment. In 1.16.0 game freeze exiting a flight session, solved in 1.16.1, at least for now.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 04/03/20 09:43 AM

cloud display is somehow connected to trees.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 04/03/20 11:18 AM

I noticed in the Hind, when in the pilots cockpit and you press Esc (to move to CPG cockpit) the view moves as if it's switched, but there's no CPG cockpit.

Re: New release - what add ?discussion - 04/03/20 11:45 AM

cloud display is somehow connected to trees.

clouds rendering uses same technique as trees, yes

I noticed in the Hind, when in the pilots cockpit and you press Esc (to move to CPG cockpit) the view moves as if it's switched, but there's no CPG cockpit.

guess it happen because of wideview, place switch was disabled for Hind

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/05/20 05:31 PM

I can test that FM is not like before, same russian helos turn very slowly at low speed, by the other wise american helos can do it at hight speed. Now I feel very difficult to land. When I take off and I do nothing, the helo goes forward as time fastest. That is real? Is not like before. Things like that...
I dont know if the problem is FM or Javelin mod or both
Sorry with my english

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/05/20 06:33 PM

[b]SimonAlonso[\b], release candidate version with all fixes and FM variations available will be ready in days.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/05/20 11:26 PM

There is a way to change the dynamic flight characteristics of the helos directly. You go into the dynamics settings files and adjust the inertial values.

In the code, it's in here in a text file:
\EnemyEngaged\EECHSourceCode\setup\common\data\dynamics\hind.dyn

In the installed simulation, it's in here:
\EnemyEngaged Comanche\common\data\dynamics\ka50.dyn

WARNING: Be careful and don't add any spaces, don't edit the file in any way, just the last number. Keep the number of digits in the number the same. Any alteration to the file and it won't work, the rest of the file including the alteration will be skipped by the program if you get it wrong.

Edit the following values, the last number in the string. If the helo isn't turning quick enough, lower the number for the heading_inertial_value, the 38.200000
heading_inertia value = 0.000000, min = 0.000000, max = 0.000000, modifier = 38.200000
pitch_inertia value = 0.000000, min = 0.000000, max = 0.000000, modifier = 76.500000
roll_inertia value = 0.000000, min = 0.000000, max = 0.000000, modifier = 58.400000

Don't go below the original values for the Apache helicopter, these are the low end if you want the helo controllable. These are the Apache values.
heading_inertia value = 0.000000, min = 0.000000, max = 0.000000, modifier = 20.000000
pitch_inertia value = 0.000000, min = 0.000000, max = 0.000000, modifier = 40.000000
roll_inertia value = 0.000000, min = 0.000000, max = 0.000000, modifier = 30.000000

There are a couple of helos that don't respond to the dynamics files, I never figured out why. I think I listed them in another thread, in the Hover Controls thread. You should be able to find them in the thread somewhere.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/06/20 03:14 PM

Javelin, my guess - all problems happen because you bring back tail rotor simulation for coaxial helicopters.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/06/20 04:02 PM

Sorry, but no. For regular flying I didn't alter the way the physics calculations are performed on any of the helos, I simply adjusted the physics parameters.
I haven't changed anything related to the tail rotor simulation.

On hovering, I did rewrite the entire code. On Altitude Hold/Terrain Following I also rewrote the entire code.
Is the problem during normal flight, or while hovering or in altitude control? There is a heading dampener in Hover/Altitude control.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/06/20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Javelin
Sorry, but no. For regular flying I didn't alter the way the physics calculations are performed on any of the helos, I simply adjusted the physics parameters.
I haven't changed anything related to the tail rotor simulation.

Not in the code, but you enabled tail rotor calculation by changing "tail_rotor_diameter value" from zero. I can't say what is really wrong there, have no time for deep analyze, but Ka-50 Ka-52 Ka-29 and, for some reason, Mi-28 does not have realistic flight model for sure.

Originally Posted by Javelin
On hovering, I did rewrite the entire code. On Altitude Hold/Terrain Following I also rewrote the entire code.
Is the problem during normal flight, or while hovering or in altitude control? There is a heading dampener in Hover/Altitude control.

no problems with hovering that I can find, except some custom heading angle speed manipulation (maybe it's heading dampener you mentioned?), it does increase tail rotor force rapidly in some conditions, I had to disabled it ("Flight model issues" commit, if you are interested to fix it).
When any kind of controls automatics simulations is being implemented, dynamics forces should never be manipulated strictly - instead, modifiers for pilot controls variables should be applied.

Attached picture eech_fm.jpg

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/07/20 11:34 AM

Hi all! You can try out 1.16.1 release candidate

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/07/20 11:47 AM

As we have working hovering/altitude hold modes, I thought any of you may be interested in automatic heading correction (toggleable) feature:

a) while hovering, helicopter will turn to the active target
b) while in altitude hold mode, helicopter will head to next waypoint. so it will be fair autopilot in some way.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/07/20 12:43 PM

Thanks for putting together the release candidate. Does this just need further testing of the install before it's posted as the next release?

Also, what do you think about using the issues section on github for tracking bugs that get raised? It would allow anyone to see the visibility of anything that's been raised, and if they're being fixed, as sometimes the posts get lost in the forum?

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/07/20 02:45 PM

I have proceeded to in-game testing, found several minor issues and fatal error so far. If no bug reports will be posted, it can be marked as release and copied into separate branch quite soon, 1-2 days maybe.

Are you planning to ask players to post issues, or we (anyone who works with the code) will do it? I remember how we tried to use issues tracker years ago, it was a total failure.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/07/20 03:51 PM

Actually, it's a private repo, so people would need to have access to it. Players can have issues posted here, and then maybe if someone's working on it, they could post it on github to track progress. It's no big deal.

I'm going to start in game testing too for a bit. I've not played the game for a while, so it'll be a nice change.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 09:07 AM

Could I make a suggestion for the noitm, nomcm, noigmm, noam?

Rather than have them as no intro music etc, just have it as

mcm=0 # mission complete music (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 0)
itm=0 # intro music (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 0)
igm=0 # ingame music (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 0)
am=0 # action music (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 0)

It makes the settings a bit clearer. I hadn't checked these settings before now.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 09:12 AM

yeah, probably a bit more logical. "nmcm" was here before, so I made others in same manner.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 09:43 AM

I just had a quick play in free flight in the KA50. It feels so much better to fly with the new dynamics. Although when I was testing before, I was using the keyboard. Now using a flight stick, the yaw actually works, so turning is much nicer.

The music sounds good too, just the right level to be in the background.

However, I've found an issue with the views.

If you press F3 or F4 to view the screens, then return to F1 or F2, sometimes the pilot view is above the cockpit.

I'll have a look and see if I can quickly fix it. It must just be a point in the scene that's out of place.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 11:39 AM

I've added this view problem to known issues, as there's a workaround, and it looks like it might take a bit for me to figure out what's causing it. I don't think it's something missing from the scene, so must be something missing in the code.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 11:51 AM

I can confirm F1 view issue, but - when you press F1 F2 F3 F4 several times in a row, proper view position became at the end.
are you sure it's not wrong camera position inside the scene? when you have set proper eject view, maybe other camera somehow was changed as well
btw, for eject camera I have added extra view VIEW_MODE_VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_EJECT. it shouldn't affect other views but still may have such side effect

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by thealx
I can confirm F1 view issue, but - when you press F1 F2 F3 F4 several times in a row, proper view position became at the end.
are you sure it's not wrong camera position inside the scene? when you have set proper eject view, maybe other camera somehow was changed as well
btw, for eject camera I have added extra view VIEW_MODE_VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_EJECT. it shouldn't affect other views but still may have such side effect

You can also just keep switching between the views e.g:

View F4
Press F1 (wrong view shown)
Press F4 / F1 until correct view shown.

Same for F3, F2 etc.

I don't think it's a camera, as the view is set from the Pilot_View object. It's like an offset from this view, or some default viewpoint. I'm trying to go through the code to understand how the view switching works. I also think it might not have been introduced in this update. It's probably always been there from when the KA50 cockpit was added, but that needs verified. It might be something related to removing the co-pilot.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 02:45 PM

I'm struggling to find this bug.

I put in a debug message to show the view mode

When I switch to F4 which is number 40 in the enum (VIEW_MODE_VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_PILOT_RHS_DISPLAY), and back to F1 which is 17 in the enum (VIEW_MODE_COCKPIT_PANEL_LEVEL_AHEAD), even when it shows the view above the cockpit, it's still selecting the correct view mode. I'll need to dig deeper into the view mode code. It might be something to do with stored_pilot_view_mode being set wrongly.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 04:19 PM

I've fixed the issue. it wasn't code related, it was to do with the scene. Though going through the code helped me figure it out.

What was happening was that in the scene, the pilot viewpoint is a child of the pilot head.

The pilot head still had motion keys from the (non-existent) animated pilot. So when you switched view, the pilot head object had moved, therefore the viewpoint had moved. So when you switched back, it was showing the wrong view, until eventually 1500 frames had past and it was back in the correct position. I've removed all the motion frames from the pilot head, so it's always in the right position.

I suppose if all the animation code leftover from the hokum copy was removed, then the issue would never happen.

I've pushed the updated scene to master, and I also removed the redundant fuel needle object as it's no longer used.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 04:20 PM

my guess - something wrong with subobjects. ensure that proper hierarchy is applied for these: root > (PILOT_POSITION) > (PILOT_CHEST) > PILOT_HEAD > PILOT_VIEWPOINT and none of them has animation (objects in brackets probably unnecessary, but who knows)
or just compare old and new scenes, high chances that pilot model had some important subobjects inside

oh ok, my guess was correct

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 04:38 PM

I have pushed changes too. if you are playing, you can try heading correction for hover modes (normal and stable) - press Ctrl+H while hovering, lock on target or terrain point and helicopter will slowly turn to the target.
Only indication - "H" symbol appear near to "S" (gyro stab) on FLIR/DVO screen, exception - it's "HA" for ka-50

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 05:35 PM

Hi guys, I have this issue now:

Failed to load object: 3ddata\objects\cis_marine_walk\1D88.EEO

This file is missing, what can I do?

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 05:55 PM

Failed to load object: 3ddata\objects\cis_marine_walk\1D88.EEO

I don't have this file anywhere, what mods do you have installed?

if Rapota's pack - you can try to reinstall it

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 06:18 PM

Ok, I reinstall it, thanks

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/09/20 10:12 PM

Rapota is a professional graphic designer and 3d artist and has done a great job creating 90% of the new models in the game .
loves eech, and always wanted his models to be officially included in the game.
I suspect that when he sees the new edition without his models, he will lose further motivation to work.
just sayin.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 03:23 AM

Rapota is a professional graphic designer and 3d artist and has done a great job creating 90% of the new models in the game .
loves eech, and always wanted his models to be officially included in the game.
I suspect that when he sees the new edition without his models, he will lose further motivation to work.
just sayin.

He only updated his models yesterday to fix the issues with them from his previous release. Until then, the models weren't finished enough to be included. So there wasn't time to test them all. They can be installed as a mod using the installer that thealx made.

Edit: I'm just going to correct myself. I was going by the date on eech.online, but I'm not sure if that was Rapota that uploaded them. So I'm not sure when they were last updated, but either way, they're not quite finished.

There was a discussion on the forums the other day about such mods. Anything that's an add on, should be installable as a mod, rather than be in the base game from now on. Otherwise there's a risk of including unfinished work in the main game. The Ka50 cockpit is an example of this. It was included a while ago, with a lot of issues. It still has even after the work I've done. The Europe map is another example, it has problems been reported with it.

For the record, I think Rapotas models are great, and the detail on them is really good. I'll be using them in my game. But just looking at the screen shots he posted, I still spotted a few issues.

Maybe we should have a thread for recommended mods that people have tried, and that work well with no issues.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 07:00 AM

Totally agree with messyhead. Not the best idea to include mods into core package that not 100% finished and also affect FPS dramatically.
As exception - I would like to see Comanche cockpit updates as part of the game as it really well done and does not have side effects.

Same for Soczkien mods - Airfields should be optional, but Poland map could be included in the core package, but I am not sure they can be separated.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 07:09 AM

Totally agree with messyhead. Not the best idea to include mods into core package that not 100% finished and also affect FPS dramatically.
As exception - I would like to see Comanche cockpit updates as part of the game as it really well done and does not have side effects.

Same for Soczkien mods - Airfields should be optional, but Poland map could be included in the core package, but I am not sure they can be separated.

Maybe you could pull in Rapotas Comanche cockpit if it's all working OK, as we have improved other cockpits with this release?

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 07:14 AM

Rapota comanche cockpit need update ees file from what i remember,he didn't know how to do it

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 07:20 AM

Maybe you could pull in Rapotas Comanche cockpit if it's all working OK, as we have improved other cockpits with this release?

I think not only textures was edited but objects as well. as they all in same pack, Rapota himself should separate cockpit mod files to provide best result.

Rapota comanche cockpit need update ees file from what i remember,he didn't know how to do it

May be true, I haven't checked his edits from inside.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 09:03 AM

I had a quick look at the Comanche cockpit, and there are still issues with it. I'll post them in the Rapota thread

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 04:35 PM

This comment was posted on the discord channel from BeachAV8R. If anyone's been on these forums for long enough, you'll recognise the name. He's not on the forums, but he said he was happy for me to put his comment here...

Just tried the updated Allmods installer and it worked great this time. Updated, launched...very impressed with the updated 3D models, airfields/FARPs, clouds..just fabulous. I just sat and watched the auto-action view for 15 minutes with the Poland scenery running. Great job guys...

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 07:40 PM

Hi guys, now all are nice, only litle things:

Ka-50
-when I trim forward the ciclick and I go navigating when I pull the ciclick bak for avoid trees or mountains, seem dont raise like ka-52 or other helos. Same happends if I take the ciclick out, dont raise toó much, not like other helos.
-The glass cockpit is a litle opaque, its tired.

Mi-28
-The ucram warning isnt soo visible

I would like to write other post about the Jover mod, I do it later

Thanks guys excelent job

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 08:48 PM

Mi-28
-The ucram warning isnt soo visible

What warning is this?

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 09:24 PM

Sorry me, I dont remember the correct name. Is the lamp what alert about missile in comming and his distance, origin.
Good job messyhead. Thanks

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/10/20 09:50 PM

rwr maybe the easiest way to darken the texture color or saturated?

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/11/20 05:47 AM

rwr maybe the easiest way to darken the texture color or saturated?

It's using the same one from the hind, so if I change the texture, it'll affect the hind too. Is the visibility the same in the hind?

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/11/20 09:09 AM

Ka-50
-when I trim forward the ciclick and I go navigating when I pull the ciclick bak for avoid trees or mountains, seem dont raise like ka-52 or other helos. Same happends if I take the ciclick out, dont raise toó much, not like other helos.
-The glass cockpit is a litle opaque, its tired.

1. do you think it's related to hovering modes, or flight model, or trim functionality? and which DYN files are you using, from 1.16.0 or latest modded by Javelin?
2. is it Ctrl+F2 feature, or you're telling about low cockpit glass opacity?

It's using the same one from the hind, so if I change the texture, it'll affect the hind too. Is the visibility the same in the hind?

if you'll need to make RWR textures brightly, that's ok if both Havoc and Hind will be affected

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/11/20 09:30 AM

if you'll need to make RWR textures brightly, that's ok if both Havoc and Hind will be affected

I'll update the textures and try it out.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/11/20 10:12 AM

Updated threat warning texture available here. I just made it brighter. Let me know if it looks better, and in the Hind too.

Copy over the one in the folder from this archive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1my8NF3eIMz87Gv6xBwWHmXeT7N2aukW8

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/11/20 03:42 PM

permissions required

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/11/20 05:02 PM

permissions required

Sorry, updated now.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/11/20 06:26 PM

Hello Thealx, I am using new dyn files from 1.16.1., I dont know the reason but only happen on ka-52.
I am speaking about the glass cokpit, is not 100% transparent, its a little opaque, during midday time its tired so when the sun down it will be more tired.
Thanks.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/11/20 10:57 PM

Updated threat warning texture available here. I just made it brighter. Let me know if it looks better, and in the Hind too.

For me much better.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/13/20 02:54 PM

Finally managed to get a few "minutes" to try this new release. Well pleased with the rain effect working again on AH64 however the overtorque doesn't seems to be working. Whacked throttle + collective up to the max, overtorque alert started beeping around 119% of TQ and just faded away, nothing broke. Hmmmm any ideas?

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/13/20 03:04 PM

Overtorque condition does not kill engine - it tortures. Spend 5-10 minutes in the air, under heavy conditions (not hovering) and it will be damaged. But I need to test it again I guess.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/13/20 03:50 PM

Im off the gym right now but will try it again later and do a proper fly over with 120% TQ. I remember in 1.15 overTQ would cause some damage fairy shortly after the overTQ alert. Anyway, will let you know what's been happening after using max TQ over a longer period of time.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/13/20 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by PatrykW
I remember in 1.15 overTQ would cause some damage fairy shortly after the overTQ alert.

No, it's not fair. Any helicopter can spent several minutes in maximum engine RPM mode without damage, especially US developed. Currently, overtorque state is taken not really from RPM value but from engines temperature. Higher temperature - more chance that engine will be damaged or get on fire (random modifier applied). In normal forward direction flight you may damage them in about 5-10 minutes. I've made some aerobatics on Ka-50 and get right engine damage notice after about 1.5 minutes of flight, then temperature of left engine raised dramatically - after 10 sec I've got it's fire notice.

So, it's not the same as in 1.15.0 but enabled overtorque dynamics option still cause some problems, sometime in a very bad moment.

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/13/20 06:05 PM

Hello Thealx, I am using new dyn files from 1.16.1., I dont know the reason but only happen on ka-52.
I am speaking about the glass cokpit, is not 100% transparent, its a little opaque, during midday time its tired so when the sun down it will be more tired.
Thanks.

Can you try this updated model and see if it improves the issue you describe?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_44lFL80X0ZBrx8XHGGBFyFuiVoqTKDw

Just replace the model in cohokum/3ddata/objects/ka-50-cockpit

Re: Updated KA50 Cockpit - 04/13/20 08:58 PM

Ok, I will do it
© 2024 SimHQ Forums