homepage

EECH and Win10

Posted By: Polak

EECH and Win10 - 11/15/18 06:12 PM

Any information here about any trouble with EECH under this OS? I have some... no weapons visible from the cockpit to start with. Then droping X52 programming configuration, but this is not as severe showstopper as the former. Any help would be appreciated .
Posted By: brian_b

Re: EECH and Win10 - 11/15/18 07:02 PM

No problems on win10.several people confirmed.You run as administrator?
Not every heliccopters has visible weapons from cockpit.Try disable antivirus/firewall.

here some help
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4173599/Searchpage/1/Main/401070/Words/%2Bwin10/Search/true/re-help-an-old-flyer#Post4173599
Posted By: PatrykW

Re: EECH and Win10 - 11/17/18 09:58 PM

Hi Polak

I'm running EECH 1.16 on Windows 10 without any problems...however about a month ago things were playing up a bit. I have removed everything and started from scratch - went through the installation guidelines - installed EEAH, ran it, installed the patch, ran it again, installed EECH and then used "theeech-allmods-1.16.0FIX1-installer". Also I have installed the game under Razorworks folder (but not under the default location). Also I have selected the whole game folder and unmarked "read only". The final step was the actual shortcut - Ticked compatibility box for Windows 7, ticked "Run this program as an administrator". Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers
Pat

Re: EECH and Win10 - 11/18/18 06:47 PM

Thanks Pat . Looks like good set of pointers. Will definitely try.

Re: EECH and Win10 - 11/25/18 08:47 PM

Hi Polak.

Any luck with this?

Cheers
Pat

Re: EECH and Win10 - 12/11/18 08:21 PM

Any luck with this?

Despite full and clean reinstall and trying it to run in all compatibility modes my above-described problem still persists. Running Windows 10 64 bit as an administrator. No weapons (hellfires, rockets or sidewinders) seen from the cockpit and/or weapon camera. Rather disappointing, but I guess unless someone will give some helpful hint I need to accept.

Re: EECH and Win10 - 12/12/18 04:05 PM

Hi

I won't be here very often as I'm moving but can you give me your PCs specs?

Re: EECH and Win10 - 12/12/18 04:24 PM

I am running win 10 64 bit on I7-8700 16Mb memory Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. I can also confirm that I experienced (very briefly!) red sky bug so that one is perhaps graphics driver spec related.
Posted By: Gruutch

Re: EECH and Win10 - 01/11/19 11:55 AM

I'm running W10 64bit on i5 and GTX1050 without problems. I do not have experienced the red sky bug so far.
A short hint for X52 Problems: Some time ago Saitek (or parts of it) was taken over by Logitech. I removed the Saitek drivers from the system and installed the Logitech drivers for X52. Since then, I have no further problems with the X52.

Re: EECH and Win10 - 01/13/19 08:54 PM

Gruutch & Polak - how many FPS do you get if I may ask?
Posted By: Gruutch

Re: EECH and Win10 - 01/14/19 03:37 PM

About 60 fps. Run the Game as Administrator but i do not have ticked the compatibility box. So, i think it runs on Win10.

Re: EECH and Win10 - 01/15/19 01:48 AM

I can confirm that it runs on Win10. My earlier problems with lack of weapon effects and not being able to see any weapons after they were fired was related to the fact that attempted to run EECH after reinstallation with all patches including Javelin's mod for auto hover and stuff. Apparently one MUST fire the game on regular cohokum.exe first and only then switch to cohokum_test10.exe to have all working ok. FPS is normal ...I would say 60, but that depends on what rig one is running this on and on what settings. Unfortunately, I had not too much time to play lately must retire I guess first.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums