homepage

Back in the saddle, and eating dirt

Posted By: messyhead

Back in the saddle, and eating dirt - 06/26/18 01:20 PM

I started a campaign for the first time in years. I've hardly actually played this game for a while.

My first mission was, I thought, an easy one. Recon a FARP - in out, no problems. Came across a tank column on the way, so took them out. Then recon'd the FARP, and immediately got lit up by what I think must have been manpads, as there was no armour showing up. I managed to limp home with a damaged stabiliser, no Hud or working MFDs, and only navigating using the map.

Got to my home FARP, and just about to land when enemy helos showed up and took me out frown

Lesson learned, the hard way. I feel like my situational awareness isn't great. But it was fun.
Posted By: XIII

Re: Back in the saddle, and eating dirt - 06/26/18 06:24 PM

much harder than ever wink earlier, when you has 16 hellfire, you were immortal.
hellfire now works badly on helicopters.
much better ai.
and the level of difficulty that is bugged and is always the hardest.even if set to easy.
Get back to the machine beginner biggrin
Posted By: messyhead

Re: Back in the saddle, and eating dirt - 06/26/18 06:38 PM

Main thing is, I need to print out the keymappings, or get some controls mapped to my joystick buttons. I couldn't get the FLIR camera to move for some reason, so that wasn't helping.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums