homepage

KA-50 AIO Reloaded

Posted By: Viper1970

KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/16/17 06:14 PM

Hello guys,

here at the first page of the thread will always be the newest files of my KA-50 project for download.

Cheers Viper

This is the latest version of the KA-50 cockpit (2019.08.02):

Link for the FARP-collison-fix:

Posted By: messyhead

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/16/17 08:29 PM

I was thinking king of doing these gauges after the Mi28 ones, as I'll be pretty good at it by then 😁

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 12:30 AM

That would be a dream!! whoohoo

I will further work at the new skin. Some smaller things still have to be made.

Do you know which format the DDS-textures in EECH are? Wanted to make some new insignia (e.g. the new version of russian star used since 2010) and tried stuff like BMP2DXT which I often used to make DDS-Textures (not only for the MSFS), but it seems not to work with EECH. DXT3 and DXT5 are the only formats which produce no CDT but the result looks totaly weird.

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 07:54 AM

You can use tga as the file format for textures.

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 08:22 AM

Yes, I use tga for the camo itself, but the insignia which change with every theater are in DDS-file format and use an alpha channel for transparency. You need this transparency to use the insignia like decals that you can place anywhere in the 3D model itself.

I want to make the new Russian Star that's now used since 2010, but I also wanted that it's still possible to use the old insignias, so designer of new campaigns could decide what they like to use. I don't want to change things, only add some new parts to Allmods and stay compatible.

I had also made some new parts for the KA-50 or rename them in the model, cause there are many parts used which share parts of the KA-52 Alligator. This way it wasn't possible to do extra paintings for the KA-50 Blackshark, because things then changed also in the Alligator and the other way arround. It's a bit tricky for this two helo's.
Posted By: XIII

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 08:51 AM

Eech use only tga.

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 09:57 AM

Yes you are right. My fault!

I use different versions of EECH, mostly to make fullscreen screenshots (only possible with 1.15.2 - don't know why) and had forgotten to change back to 1.16.0. Must be a reason of working overtired at night on this. DDS was only used in 1.15.2.

Glad that I have not made a work on this, because it had been really useless biggrin

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 10:30 AM

Does anybody know a good program to make screenshots? I need this not only to post pics here in the thread, but mostly to have a shot for comparing while working at the textures.

I can only make screenshots in fullscreen (1366x768) with 1.15.2. In 1.15.4 or 1.16.0 I have to use windowed mode and this allows me only to make a shot with 800x600 cause of my sh... laptop. If I use fullscreen the model of the helicopter disappears in the shot, there is only the terrain which is shown. Don't no if this is a problem with D3D9 and the windows print screen function.

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 01:11 PM

O.k. sometimes you have just to look a bit closer.

Only pressing print screen not using the clipboard for paste, but just going to the game directory and look in the screenshot folder did the trick banghead

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 05:38 PM

how it's possible you can do uv map so fast?my learn took several weeks.
And after a few days you textured objects? screwy

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 06:02 PM

I'm sitting at this every free minute at the moment and yes, UV-mapping is a sh... and sometimes a hard thing.

I can only do really easy objects, nothing which is more complex and I also have to do it again and again, because at the moment nothing works at the first attempt. Really time consumption is to start EECH every time to see if the things you made are right in the game itself.

It's sometimes very frustrating and always trial and error thing (at least for me at the moment), but after a while smaller things are possible.

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 06:08 PM

uff you calmed me down
because i had the same at the beginning.

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 06:26 PM

Yes, I planed to use this for a new MI-28 cockpit as base. I also would like to do a gunner cockpit, but that's really a hard work.

I started a bit to modernize the original KA-52 cockpit, but that's a true nightmare, cause all is seperated in hundreds of objects.

I only made some simple MFD frames, which look more like the new ones used in the KA-52 and the MI-28N and adjusted some small things until now, but I have decided to finish the KA-50 first.

And I will never be able to do such work as messyhead and thealx or firebird are able to do. I'm totally lost in the source code, but it's important for all the gauges and displays to get them working. So I will not be able to do a complete cockpit from scratch. Don't know if I ever will learn this too, because that's a so frustrating complex thing sigh

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 06:33 PM

ka 52 hundred objects? no.... only ~20 30 ;)It's not a good idea to start.better one part like ka50 or mi 28 or apache.

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 06:47 PM

Yes was a bit exaggerated, but for me it feels like hundreds of objects hahaha

Now I will go back again to my work, to get some results. I don't know how much time I have in the near future, cause sadly everthing in my sh... life changes every new day and I hate to leave things unfinished.

If you like we can do some things together.

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 06:54 PM

I can only texture and copy other objects to fit in with new things,
Finally I found good tutorials in my language.
Maybe finally learn how to create new objects. if health will allow rolleyes

Re: KA-50 Complete Version - 10/17/17 09:17 PM

I know how this is, I have also many problems with health.

Good tutorials are very important. I have so much to learn too.

Would be really be nice if we could do some work together.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/18/17 08:17 AM

KA-50 is ready now. Just look at the first post for the download.

Added also a small bugfix for the textures. I hope that it's now relatively bug free. Maybe I will do some minor improvements in the future, but for now I have enough of the KA-50 hahaha

Will go back to my home cockpit project and slowly work a bit at the MI-28N in parallel, but this takes more time.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/18/17 05:51 PM

Just have seen that the left cockpit glass is missing and while correcting this some things messed up banghead .

I will try to fix this and also make new LOD- Files of this fixed model, which I also have forgotten to integrate. The three LOD files are all the exact same files.

Sorry for that!!! I will upload a new fixed version, but have no time to do this the next two or three days.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/19/17 07:17 PM

Just started a bit looking at the problems and find out that the cockpit glass isn't missing in the version I uploaded, so I took this one again.

But the LOD models make a lot of trouble, because there are still parts of the KA-52 Alligator used. You can see this if you zoom out. The rudder and the rotormast change then to another color. I didn't realized it at first cause I used the "high_lod_hack" in the EECH.ini.

I couldn't find those LOD-parts to rename them and make some adjusted for the KA-50, but that's the only way to have different skins for the Blackshark and the Alligator. Otherwise they will always share some parts and you have to use a similar color scheme for both helicopters like it was before.

I have also removed all my decals from the main texture and will use completely seperate textures for them. This makes generating other paint schemes easier, I think.
Also adjusted many things at the main texture to get a more realistic look, because I wasn't really satisfied with it.

Hope I'm able to get all done, because some things are still very hard for me to do, but I get a little bit better every day. If I'm ready with next version I will upload it.

At first I wanted to work at my homepit a little bit more, but I'm infected with the Allmods-virus at the moment, so I couldn't get my hands off biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/20/17 08:34 AM

After viewing at the code with a special search program I found out that it seems like the rudder LOD ( or stabilizer ? ) of the KA-50 as well as the KA-52 was never included in the code of Allmods. Same goes for the rotor mast.

I found this LOD entries in eech_all_mods.nsi:

KA-50:

602 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA50_HOKUM\KA_50_FUSELAGE_LOD1.EEO"
603 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA50_HOKUM\KA_50_FUSELAGE_LOD2.EEO"
604 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA50_HOKUM\KA_50_FUSELAGE_LOD3.EEO"
605 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA50_HOKUM\KA_50_LT_LOD.eeo"
611 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA50_HOKUM\KA_50_NS_LOD.eeo"
612 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA50_HOKUM\KA_50_RT_LOD.eeo"

KA-52:

621 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA52_HOKUM_B\KA52_COPILOT_DOOR_LOD1.EEO"
623 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA52_HOKUM_B\KA52_FUSELAGE_LOD1.EEO"
624 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA52_HOKUM_B\KA52_FUSELAGE_LOD2.EEO"
625 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA52_HOKUM_B\KA52_FUSELAGE_LOD3.EEO"
627 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA52_HOKUM_B\KA52_PILOT_DOOR_LOD1.EEO"
628 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA52_HOKUM_B\KA52_LT_LOD.eeo"
634 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA52_HOKUM_B\KA52_NS_LOD.eeo"
635 File "${EE_3DOBJ_DIR}\cohokum\3ddata\objects\KA52_HOKUM_B\KA52_RT_LOD.eeo"

I don't know what this exactly is for, cause I'm no coder, but as far as I'm able to construe this it looks like that different LOD-files for the rudder ( and rotor) for both helos are missing. I think that those LOD-files are still in original state and this is the reason why you get the same texture at the rudder if you zoom out for both helos.

I have no idea how I could fix this? Only way could be always to use the LOD-hack (performance?) or both helicopters have to use similar textures (not realistic).
Posted By: thealx

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/20/17 09:26 AM

Default objects used for that
114F
And yes, they are same for Ka-50 and Ka-52, what creates visual issue.

If you want to fix it, change texture and UVs of these objects, place them inside of the helicopter folder with unique name (like KA_50_STABILIZER_LOD1.EEO) and fix LOD names in the scene.

Attached picture ka52.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/20/17 10:10 AM

Thealx you are great!!! Thank's so much!!! whoohoo

Have searched for this files the whole night with an object viewer, but wasn't able to find them or have overseen them.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/21/17 04:26 AM

Is the KA-50 always black, or does it also have camo?

I'm just asking, as I think the sins feature added in 1.16 could be useful for this, and have a black texture used in some places, and camo in others?

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/21/17 08:45 AM

I don't know it exactly. It looks like they made different versions of it. As far as I know they have experimented with a night attack version (seems that those are the black ones), but then decided to built the KA-52 instead (which shares most of the parts of the KA-50), because of a WSO was needed for controlling the systems. There exist many variations of camouflage versions also. A more beige-colored, a darker brown-colored and a blue-colored (and many others).

There are some other black versions which were shown at different airshows to find some countries for export. Those have a lot of company logos on the fuselage.

I will try to make a black (norm), a beige-colored (desert) and a blue-colored (winter) camouflage. If things work out like I have planed, it should be easy to make different camouflage versions. If I'm ready with it, I will upload the base textures also, so everyone can make his own repaint which he prefers.

I will do the same principle for the other russian helos, too. The US choppers do not have so much different schemes. Even the Apache does not use desert camos in the Irak or Afghanistan. Same goes for the Viper which is always grey (Marines).

P.S:

How complex is it to built new helos? I would like to make an AH-1F Cobra (flat canopy) which would really good fit to the Europe theater. It seems I'm able to do the cockpit model and the helicopter itself, but I have no idea how to make all the animation stuff at the moment. Maybe I will get the rotors working (if there is not much needed to write or adjust in the source code) but I'm totally lost with the systems and the instruments.

If I'm able to make a good looking model, would you then help me (only if your Blackhawk is ready of course) to integrate it to Allmods? No worry I will take time too, before I will start with this project.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/21/17 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Viper1970

How complex is it to built new helos? I would like to make an AH-1F Cobra (flat canopy) which would really good fit to the Europe theater.
If I'm able to make a good looking model,

For what? rolleyes You have great rapota models with lwo files.Use the model and change only the shape of the cabin, work for a few hours.not a few weeks.the same for cockpit you can edit dfang cockpit. btw you know that eech has cobra cockpit ?

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/21/17 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by blackshark

How complex is it to built new helos? I would like to make an AH-1F Cobra (flat canopy) which would really good fit to the Europe theater.
If I'm able to make a good looking model,

For what? rolleyes You have great rapota models with lwo files.Use the model and change only the shape of the cabin, work for a few hours.not a few weeks.the same for cockpit you can edit dfang cockpit. btw you know that eech has cobra cockpit ?

If you're going to build a new cockpit, the best model to use in the code is the Havoc or Comanche. It's not difficult to do, just time consuming.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/21/17 05:36 PM

yes I know this . Now I chceck ah1f has different cockpit than eech. Now all clear.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/22/17 10:21 AM

I have some free models here which aren't really bad and low poly. I have to adjust some things but not too much. They are free for commercial and personal use.

The AH-1F is single turbine only. The models in EECH are Supercobras (AH-1W) or the AH-1Z Viper with a totally different fuselage and two turbines. Would be more complex to change this all as adjusting the models I have.

The cockpit is a different thing. That must be really done mostly from scratch, because the AH-1F had not much modern systems. Most was analog only and the shape of the panel is very different from the AH-1Z. It also used a standard center cyclic, not the sidestick the AH-1Z uses. Another thing are the anti tank missles. The AH-1F used a TOW-system instead of the Hellfire's. I've heared that there were some models which could use Hellfire's also, but don't know if this only was for testing purposes.

But that all is really a future plan, first I want to do as much as I'm able to do for the russian helicopters. It's only that I always loved the AH-1F (since I was a kid) and it was the backbone of the US attack helicopters before the AH-64A appeared. That's why I thought it should be in EECH too. Would fit nice as a counterpart to the MI-24V we have.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/24/17 04:01 PM

Had not much time to work at the KA-50 the last days. Today I have made some rework of the surfaces at the 3D model to be better prepared for the texturing work.

The model itself isn't the problem, but the LOD-models are a lot of work I think. All has to align with the base model or the insignia and other things will jump to slightly different places if you zoom out.

A question to the more experienced modders here, is there an easy way or a trick to do the LOD-models, or must every model be done like the original (UV-mapping etc.)?

This week not much will happen, because RL catched me, but I hope that the next week I have a little more time to work on it.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/24/17 04:19 PM

From what I remember there are two plugins for automatic lod making.i never used.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/24/17 08:09 PM

plugins are - qemLOSS and Simplify Mesh
when you completely finished with main model, you can generate copy of it with decreased amount of polygons. No UV changes required, if you have no UV problems that will appear after simplification.

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/24/17 09:11 PM

Thank's for your help!

The top texture is aligned, now I have to do both sides and the bottom.

I extra made left and right separate surfaces (KA-50 has a asymmetric fuselage), but after using the lwo2eeo convertion and back again with eeo2lwo both sides are put together to only one surface. I test this convertion sometimes before making new fixes, to see if it's still possible to convert and all is working like it should.

I once had done a lot of hard work and wanted to convert it but there was a 2-point polygon in the model and I wasn't able to find the surface which was mentioned by the converter. After 5 hours of trying to fix it I gave up and started from scratch again.

Must have been a supersmall surface somewhere inside the model, and there was no way to find it for me with my knowledge.

But with only one surface I have to manually separate the both sides again before I can make the UV-mapping for the textures banghead

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/24/17 09:37 PM

What just came to my mind as I was writting: Does it even make sense to make two different textures for the left and the right side if the converter uses only one side-view texture, or is there a way to prevent this?

I wanted two split this one surface, which the converter created, in two parts (left and right) for the UV-mapping and align the left and the right to separate textures, but I don't know what happens then after back-convertion for the game.

Does not make sense to do this whole work if in the end only one side is used.

I wanted to make this , because the KA-50 has two different sides (the right one looks a bit different, cause of the intergrated machine gun).

State at the moment (not fully textured of course, no camo etc. / only the details at the top):

Re: KA-50 AIO Version ready now - 10/24/17 10:38 PM

to find 2 point polygon enable Polygon Mode and press W key - 2 vertices is what you need.

it shouldn't be a problem to have two different surfaces, even if they will use same UV map. Converter can combine two surfaces if they has same UV and texture, but maybe it's different case. But I would make single texture for both sides instead, and use same surface/texture for whole fuselage.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/24/17 11:10 PM

Thank's for your help Thealx! Without you I would be totally lost sometimes!

I think I will make it the way you descripted. There isn't so much difference between the left and the right side. The details at the right front are hidden by the 3D model of the gun and the cockpit side window is anyway changed by the separate model of the cockpit door on the left side.

I also think that it does not make sense to do so much work at this details. I still have to make the painting itself (black and two different camouflage) which then should be used as a second layer under the details, so a lot of graphic work for those textures have also to be made.

I also wanted to make the Havoc and the Alligator the same way and I wanted to make this work before the next 10 years, if possible hahaha

It's more work than I thought at first. In theory it was clearly simple but the practical experience is always bit different biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/24/17 11:15 PM

you use only 3dcrafter? no lightwave?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/24/17 11:34 PM

I use a combination of different programs. It's simpler for me to make it this way. I also use Blender for some things, because it was the program I restarted my first steps with 3D now.

Before this I have also made some first attempts to create models for the FS98 back those days using GMax, but those weren't very successful. They really looked more like flying potatoes hahaha

I'm still not able to make models from scratch and I think I will be never able to do so. All I can do is to make some adjustments to existing models, because that isn't so complex.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/25/17 06:56 AM

I also think that it does not make sense to do so much work at this details. I still have to make the painting itself (black and two different camouflage) which then should be used as a second layer under the details, so a lot of graphic work for those textures have also to be made.

Not sure we are on the same page. I am thinking about placing both parts (left and right) on the same texture, but on different parts of it so they will be not symmetric. You can do whatever you want with left and right parts, but still they are same surface. It can be more complicated with Ka-52 model, but you always can increase resolution of the texture and manage UVs to fit everything on it.

Attached picture mi24.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/25/17 08:32 AM

Ah, now I understand.

What is the maximum resolution you should use? I mean in terms of the games engine and the performance.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/25/17 08:39 AM

2048x2048

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/25/17 09:11 AM

Thank's Blackshark!!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/27/17 09:28 AM

O.k. some more work done.

Divided the model to some more seperate surfaces and aligned the main structure-detail-textures. The wingtips-, engines- rotor-details are still missing. Will align them soon.

It's much more work than I thought at first, so it will take some time to get the other helos done, too. I already made the detail textures for them and will start as soon as the KA-50 is ready. The black version of the KA-50 will be the first, because it's much easier to make it's textures.

For the camo-version I have to think about how to align the textures, so that all fit together without making a visible edge in the camouflage itself.

P.S:

There are some minor bugs in the texture itself at the moment (eg. rear view mirror box black stripe) I have to correct also.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/27/17 03:00 PM

is it a texture?
this program not display the real look?Looks very not user friendly.program, not blackshark biggrin maybe its my impression , in lightwave otherwise it looks.
wow after a few months of asking, they changed my nickname rolleyes

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/27/17 03:55 PM

No its no texture. I only colored the different parts in different colors. It makes working on it simpler for me.

VW sold a Polo here in Germany some years ago, that had a similar look. Every part of the car had a different color. Never understood why people bought this. Maybe its easier after a crash to repair. Go to the next junkyard and grab any door, cowl, wing or what has to be replaced and you are finished. No money for the car body painter biggrin

Have made this quick camouflage to look like it fits the model (its not the final texture, only a test)

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/27/17 04:26 PM

wow nice work.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/27/17 04:43 PM

Thank's!

It takes much longer than I thought it would, but slowly I get a little bit of routine with it. I hope I will be able to do the other russian helos a bit faster.

My girlfriend isn't very enthusiastic about my hobby anymore. I spent too much time with it at the moment and there is my homecockpit also, which I want to finish the next year.

I think I have to invade something that let her forgive me or I will have much more time for my hobby in future frown
Posted By: Rhugouvi

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/27/17 07:04 PM

Flowers are always welcome wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/27/17 07:59 PM

Yes I think that's a good idea!

I worked at my cockpit for more than two years and now I've started modding EECH also. I know that she's thinking it's a never ending story and maybe she's right.

But without EECH Allmods I have no simulation I could use for all the extra helicopter stuff like cyclics, collective and many more I made for my homepit. Allmods was ever planed as an important part of the pit and it's more than 50% for what I built the whole thing.

As I looked for some KA-50 photos at the web to see which paint schemes were used by it, I came across this photo. Never seen a version with those sensors at the nose before. Does anybody know what version this is or was this only a prototype for testing?

Attached picture Kamov_Ka-50_in_Moscow.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/27/17 08:49 PM

It might just have had an avionics upgrade, so maybe a digital cockpit as well. I've always found it difficult to find information about the Russian helos.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/27/17 10:36 PM

Yes it's really difficult and they have so much prototype versions also or versions which are intended for the export.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 10/31/17 09:51 PM

Work on the KA-50 (and in preparation for the KA-52 and the MI-28 also) is still in the process.

I had a bad throwback, caused by some stupid things I made duh , but I used this throwback as well, to do some better methods for my future work yep . Made a lot of the detail textures from scratch and have find a better way to get the different textures around the helicopter matching each other.

I will post pictures as soon as I have some more representable achievements. Sorry for the delay, but as said I'm still learning and I want to make the results as good as possible. The new skins should be a real upgrade over the existing ones.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/01/17 03:02 AM

Some pics of the new start. The detail texture is only at the top at the moment. It will also be adjusted in strength and color to match the particular used camouflage. It will act as a second layer over the camo itself for displaying the details of the body.

Nothing is in finished state here all colors will change. The different colors are only used as a general map for the different parts and there matching textures while working on it.

I also made a small inside cockpit for the 3D model of the fuselage, because it was missing in the KA-50.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/01/17 09:11 AM

Look like it's progressing well

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/01/17 04:48 PM

3D isn't a big problem anymore but alot of the animations part is still unintelligibly to me.

E.g. the cockpit door of the KA-50 isn't working. As far as I can understand it is no problem with the model it self, but as said animations are still hard for me to understand. Maybe the keyboard shortcut for this helo was left in the code itself, don't know.

I made a comment about this in the buglist. Sorry if this isn't a code problem but I'm not able to identify it with my knowledge at the moment. Still have to learn biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/02/17 12:00 PM

3D isn't a big problem anymore but alot of the animations part is still unintelligibly to me.

E.g. the cockpit door of the KA-50 isn't working. As far as I can understand it is no problem with the model it self, but as said animations are still hard for me to understand. Maybe the keyboard shortcut for this helo was left in the code itself, don't know.

I made a comment about this in the buglist. Sorry if this isn't a code problem but I'm not able to identify it with my knowledge at the moment. Still have to learn biggrin

The KA-50 cockpit was based on the Comanche (I think there are still reference to the comanche in the ka-50 code), so the door animation was probably added in the model, but not finished in the code. That cockpit was very unfinished, as you've probably realised through working on it.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/02/17 01:08 PM

Yes I've realised it biggrin

Another question I have. Is it possible to steal animationed parts from other helicopters and just copy and paste the new parts in the scene and in the code?

As still I'm working at the KA-50 I thought about making the KA-50T or KA-50SH (appears at different identifications at the web, don't know which one is the right one). That's the version with the two sensors in the nose. It looks like the cockpit of this version is still the same but it has a helmet display and night sensors.

So I could take the top sensor of the KA-52 make two different sizes of it and just flip it arround. After that the nose has also to be adjusted to fit the sensors and represent the SH/T version, but with exception of the animation this isn't a real big deal. I would try to make the model and the animation of the sensors (if I'm able) but I definitely also would need help for integrating this in the code.

Same goes for the new version of KA-52 Alligator which has the pericope removed in the cockpit. Here I have to search the web what had replaced the periscope. I think the periscope-view will now only displayed to the new much bigger MFD's of course, but I didn't know it for sure.

I try to modernize the KA-52 and the MI-28 and their cockpits also a bit, but this will take a while. Never thought the KA-50 is that much work, but most of the time is gone for learning the whole thing. Was a bit of trial and error here hahaha

Some small experiment I started for a two-seater cockpit of the Havoc (used the same technics which was used for the KA-50), or is it better to make two seperate pits one for the pilot and one for the gunner?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/02/17 01:19 PM

Yes I've realised it biggrin

Another question I have. Is it possible to steal animationed parts from other helicopters and just copy and paste the new parts in the scene and in the code?

Yes in theory, but the model parts would need to look the same as the model you're copying it to. This has been done a few times for animated pilot models, like in the Blackhawk and Kiowa.

As still I'm working at the KA-50 I thought about making the KA-50T or KA-50SH (appears at different identifications at the web, don't know which one is the right one). That's the version with the two sensors in the nose. It looks like the cockpit of this version is still the same but it has a helmet display and night sensors.

So I could take the top sensor of the KA-52 make two different sizes of it and just flip it arround. After that the nose has also to be adjusted to fit the sensors and represent the SH/T version, but with exception of the animation this isn't a real big deal. I would try to make the model and the animation of the sensors (if I'm able) but I definitely also would need help for integrating this in the code.

Same goes for the new version of KA-52 Alligator which has the pericope removed in the cockpit. Here I have to search the web what had replaced the periscope. I think the periscope-view will now only displayed to the new much bigger MFD's of course, but I didn't know it for sure.

Yeah, you can make separate models, whichever is easiest. If that means using parts from other models. But in the code, it would need to be added as w whole new model, and be based on an existing model for ease of reuse.[/quote]

I try to modernize the KA-52 and the MI-28 and their cockpits also a bit, but this will take a while. Never thought the KA-50 is that much work, but most of the time is gone for learning the whole thing. Was a bit of trial and error here hahaha

Some small experiment I started for a two-seater cockpit of the Havoc (used the same technics which was used for the KA-50), or is it better to make two seperate pits one for the pilot and one for the gunner?

I'm not exactly sure of the best way to make separate pilot/gunner models. You could take a look at the AH64d or Hind that thealx worked on and see how those models look for the separate cockpits.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/02/17 01:58 PM

The code is my big problem biggrin !

The models aren't very complex, the animation is really tricky and sometimes I'm also lost recognizing it, but the code is a real nightmare for me.

Only to find out in which different parts what is made is such a big challenge and if you have made some adjustments the compilation hangs, because something in one part has an influence in something of another part. Fix this too and the whole show begins again confused

I really did not like the code that much hahaha

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/03/17 05:38 PM

O.k. I decided to make the KA-50T (or SH?) which suits me better than the normal version.

Changed things (from old original KA-50):

- Whole nose is completely new made

- New sensors in the nose (not animated yet, hope I'm able to do it)

- Pitot tube adjusted and moved slightly to the right side

- Rear view mirrors seperated (now two mirror boxes)

- Added a cockpit and a seat

Other things like the armor blades in the side windows etc. will follow.

Pic of the SH (a model-kit) and my 3D model:

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/03/17 06:26 PM

Nice work? I suppose that version would have a digital cockpit to go with the upgraded EO systems?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/03/17 08:06 PM

I don't know? It's hard to get information about the russian helos, as you mentioned before.

I have searched for the SH or T version cockpit but all I was able to find looks the same like the normal cockpit, so I think we can still use this one for that version.

I've just added some holding bows to the fuselage and will add some further small details. If I have enough time the next few months I planed to do upgrades with details for all helos and the moderinzed versions of the KA-52 and the MI-28 including their cockpits.

There is also a project my heart is set on and that's the AH-1F Cobra. I have started with the fuselage and make some additional work on it everytime I could not see the KA-50 anymore (too many hours on the same thing drives you crazy sometimes) biggrin

Maybe I will do an UH-1Y Venom, too. I think it would fit really good as an addition to the Blackhawk, because it has the same operational purpose for the Marines as the Blackhawk has for the Army. But first I will finish the work at the russian helos that are already in game.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/06/17 02:28 AM

Had not much time over the weekend to work on it, so only some few adjustments to the nose and the sensors are made.

I also placed the holding bows at the top of the fuselage.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/08/17 01:52 AM

Some news from the front. The fuselage should now be in it's final state ( I hope biggrin ).

I have also created a 3D cockpit door (original was only a flat surface), and I also want to put some cockpit-textures at the inside of it, which you could see if the door opens. Same goes for the inside of the mini cockpit itself ( there is a complete small extra cockpit inside the fuselage now ).

I've also started with the different textures for desert and winter (nothing is in the final state here, only first prototypes) . A black version will follow as standard texture, so that there are three texture sets in the end.

Stabilizer, gear and rotor have still to be improved and adjusted. After this and the texture work, I will creat the LOD models and hope that I'm finished before christmas with this never ending story.

It is the first model I worked on and I learned a lot with it, so I hope my next project the MI-28 will be a bit easier to do.
Posted By: Soczkien

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/08/17 07:48 AM

Great job!

After you finish main model - you can use plugin to make rest of LODs (lower level of details).
Its few clicks and it's ready!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/08/17 10:12 AM

Hi Soczkien, thank you!!

Yes, I hope this will do the trick. But the last few weeks I learned hard that sometimes easy things, you never thought they could make trouble, make really a lot of trouble.

Maybe sometimes ( or should I better say most of the time ) it's more a problem with the user, who is still in the learning phase biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/09/17 09:10 PM

The final versions of the fuselage camo textures are ready. All other decals will be extra textures, like the red star, the flag etc.

Never thought textures could be so much work, but converting a camo back to a single color and keeping the details so that all models are nearly similar isn't so simple.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/09/17 10:38 PM

wow I thought you were beginner,But you are a great 3d and a graphic designer, cheater..... rolleyes
great work especially not in lightwave. Please make some screenshots ingame with desert camo,love this colours.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/10/17 12:22 AM

In game shots will follow, but I have to do the mapping first (a work I really hate the most hahaha ) I'm still a bloody beginner. There are so much things I have no knowledge of, especially the whole animation thing.

At the moment none of the sensors at the nose are moving and I don't know if I will be able to do this. It must also defined in the code how they move, a work I'm absolutely not able to do and as far as I've seen never will be. Coding is something I really would like to learn, but I simply have not the mathematical comprehension for it.

I admire guys like thealx, messyhead or firebird for their knowledge in coding. That's the real key to make good mods, without it you are lost frown

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/10/17 12:53 AM

While looking at the 3D model of the inside cockpit for taking some screenshots I like to use for the mini-cockpit as textures, I thought about reworking some things again. Now I have a bit more knowledge how to start with it. For this I have removed the whole cover first.

A shot of the nude cockpit winkngrin and the new made cockpit-cabin. I used the model itself for the cabin, so it's exact the same as the shape of the fuselage. It has seperate walls for in- and outside now. Windows will follow and I make a seperate door also, so that this part can be animated like e.g. in the KA-52.

Don't know if I'm able to do the animation, but I want to prepare it for further improvements. There will be a nose added also, which I planed to use the same texture as for the fuselage. This way the camo for the nose changes with the standard, desert or winter camo to be compatible with the external model.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/11/17 01:29 PM

O.k. I'm doing the KA-50 cockpit at the moment and will make a complete rework of it. If I'm finished I will upload the KA-50 including pit, but this will still take some time.

I have no possibility to work on it over the weekend at the moment and this was the time I accomplished the most in the past. After this I will try to rework the MI-28 and if I'm able to do so I will also create a two-seater cockpit for it, but I'm definitely not able to get the whole instrumentation thing working in EECH.

That's why I want to ask if there is anyone who will help me to get the cockpits and systems of those helicopters I'm still making, to work. If not, it makes no sense to work on this further because I'm not able to do all needed things on my own.

Don't get me wrong, I just want to ask because I have another great project here, my homecockpit, which also has to be finished. I put this on hold to finish the russian helos for Allmods first, but this is only reasonable if they will be fully functional in Allmods. If not it's only a time consumption work for nothing.

I don't want to bring my own models to Allmods, it's just the only thing I'm able to do for helping a bit with the project. If someone else want's to improve the russian helos, I have no problem with it. I really would like to help with other things like coding or anything else, but I'm not able to do so. I started a bit with coding but what I've seen it took me at least a year to be able to make some small things working. Considering that there is my homecockpit also, learning coding now makes no sense. On the other hand, without being able to do some codework there is no way to finish the improvements of the russian helicopters.

I only decided to make the russian helos, because they weren't incorporated much in the past, with exception of the MI-24. My idea was to bring them to the state the US choppers already have. They aren't my favorite ones I would absolutely like to see perfectly made in Allmods, I just want to finish things. If I could decide what I really would like to have flyable in Allmods, it would be an AH-1F Cobra for sure.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/11/17 09:00 PM

I can help with getting the instruments working. I'm pretty familiar with it now.

Is the MI-28 cockpit going to be the modernised version?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/12/17 11:31 AM

Yes, I planed to do the modernised version, so no need for the old bar-style engine instruments biggrin .

As far as I've seen on photos in the web there are no more analog engine instruments in this cockpit. I think they show it in the second MFD, the same way like the modern US choppers do.

I've started a bit with the MI-28 for testing, but I want to finish the KA-50 first, so that every chopper I release is in a ready for further use and mod state, with an external model and an internal cockpit.

At first I don't wanted to completely overhaul the whole cockpit of the KA-50, but as as I looked at the inside a bit closer without the cabin arround and started to correct the polygons I decided to do some things like the main cockpit panel from scratch, because this is easier to do and I can give it the realistic shape. I also reduced the polygons a bit and made quads as far as it is possible, so that the shape of the already correct parts like the right side panel is still the same. I dont want to reduce details. Sadly this has to be done mostly manual, because the automated process often gives real weird results, you have to correct after that. It's usually better to correct it manualy from beginning.

As said the shape of the main panel is now matching the original much more, but this means also that all of the instruments do not match the gauges anymore. That should not be a big deal, because only five instruments worked in this chopper, but those are one of the things I'm not able to correct on my own. Same goes for the missing instrument in it. The KA-50 has still a lot of steam gauges in, but there are no bar-styled instruments. I looked at the web if there are modernised versions exist, but it looks like they always used the same cockpit. Only differences I was able to find is that there are blue and black colored versions and some of the boxes at the overhead changed their positions, but nothing real dramatic like in the MI-28 or KA-52 for example.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/12/17 07:50 PM

I'm going to abandon my work on the engine bars then. I'm not really getting anywhere with it, and getting the MFDs working should be pretty easy.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/12/17 09:34 PM

Yes, I think we don't need them for the russian helos anymore.

But your Blackhawk and the Apache A-model will need them. Maybe someone of the other modders can do them, after the rest of the work is finished.

As you mentioned before, I also have the opinion we all should work a little bit more like a team. Not the same way you do it in a company, but helping each other and coordinating some things could really be a great benefit for the whole project. I will try to improve the KA-50 as good as possible now and after this continue to work at the MI-28.

What are your planed projects for the next time? Thanks for your help and if there is something I can do for you, let me know.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/13/17 03:29 AM

Made the cockpit this night. Some minor parts still have to be made but most is finished. Texturing for both, the helo and the pit is the next work I will do.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/13/17 01:35 PM

Great work notworthy

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/13/17 05:30 PM

Thanks! smile2

At the moment I'm shocking my neighbours with some very loud XXX-verbalism, because I'm doing the UV-mapping biggrin . This is sometimes a real pain!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/13/17 06:55 PM

why you dont like uv map?is hard in this program? I like uvmapping.Maybe because I can not create new models rolleyes

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/13/17 07:52 PM

I like to make models or textures but the mapping is something which drives me real crazy sometimes.

As I'm a natural born Bavarian ( native-born in Munich ) this can result in some real strong eruptions, using many X-rated swearwords, I didn't had any knowledge of that they even exist hahaha

To calm a bit down, I just decided to put all untextured things together for checking if they really fit.

P.S. Handles have to be adjusted, the windows and the cockpit-door aren't implemented yet.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/13/17 08:17 PM

continue good work, i cant wait for the havoc cockpit.

As I'm a natural born Bavarian ( native-born in Munich ).

so i think often you were on oktoberfest?
ahhhhI already understand many things hahaha

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/14/17 09:20 AM

Looking good Viper. I also hate the texturing, which is why some of the textures files in my Blackhawk are huuuuuge. I've just been ignoring it for now, but know it's a pain I'll need to work on at some point.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/14/17 10:41 AM

Thank's messyhead!

Yes the texturing is a real pain. I also have the problem, that whatever 3D software I use it crashes really often. This makes the whole thing alot more problematic.

This is not specifically for some programs, it happens really with any 3D program. I think the Intel MHD 4500 in my laptop with it's shared memory is the problem. I have read in some forums of different CAD-software about problems resulting in CTD with the use of this integrated graphic chip.

Sadly I can not use my workstation at the moment, because it's a part of my homecockpit now. I have integrated it behind the pit to use it as a second seat for the WSO (my son) biggrin and therefor started to connect both systems together (HOTAS controls, LAN, some of the electronics, audio system etc.), but I'm nowhere near finishing it.

Here in the forum are some photos of my project called "Universal Cockpit Project" in the "Flight Sim Pit Builders" threat. There you can see what I mean and why I could not use this system at the moment. Besides this I have nearly no place to put a seat anywhere at this workstation cause every gap of my living room is filled with boxes containing parts of the cockpit. I only could work at my couch at the moment. My girlfriend really loves this hahaha

I really have to finish some work at the pit, so that some of the boxes could be removed. A two-room apartment isn't the right place for having such a hobby, but it was the dream of my past twenty years.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/14/17 02:37 PM

@ messyhead

I had an idea as I worked on the inside cockpit. As I also added the rear view mirrors to the cabin of the cockpit you are sitting in and they will be viewable from the inside through the top window, is there a possibility to make them functional? I thought about something which works like the MFD's but only acts like a rear view camera (or two, each for every mirror).

I also added the oxygen panel or what else this is (have to research the web for info) at the right side beside the ejection seat (at the back wall).

Let's make EECH Allmods a DCS-killer biggrin (o.k. we can dream)

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/14/17 02:59 PM

It is possible,thealx did this but is fps impact.better make normal reflection .or string in ini rear mirror enable/ disable

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/14/17 04:07 PM

Yes a string in the EECH.ini could be a good solution.

I don't know if it's easy to do and as far as I've seen the KA-50 is the only helo with mirrors at the moment, so it's questionable if it makes sense for this single helo only.

But maybe it could also be a benefit for later addon helicopters like the CH-53, MI-8 / MI-17 or something else.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/14/17 08:35 PM

So, final shape of the cockpit is ready. I will then back add all the switches and buttons after texturing is done. Panel-texture is already added.

I changed the overall length of the pit to equal the original. The cabin will also be adjusted in lenght. Some minor details added also.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/14/17 09:48 PM

Mirrors was implemented for the Mi-24 (it has them too) exactly same way as MFD screens, but it cut FPS twice and require serious code changes. I decided it's not worth it and mod wasn't included in any release.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/14/17 10:21 PM

Ah, o.k. frame drop to half is really not worth it. It was just an idea that came to my mind, but I will now use only a reflective surface for it.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/15/17 08:44 AM

Looking almost done Viper. Is this a Lightwave scene, or a single object? If you replace the current cockpit object with this one, does it appear in the game?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/15/17 03:02 PM

It is only a part of the object. I just seperated the cockpit-cabin from the inside to get better working conditions. The external model is complete seperate, like before.

If it's finished the cockpit inside and the cabin are one object again, like it was before with the old cockpit. Only the door must be a seperate object to animate it like in the other cockpits. Sadly the door of the KA-50 was only seperated for the external model of the helicopter but not for the cockpit. I hope I will get this working because I have not much worked with animations yet.
Posted By: Soczkien

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/15/17 04:26 PM

Viper you can use hide(default minus key on numerical keyboard)/unhide feature to "get inside" model example if you want work behind some elements.

Animations are very simple you need to make object connected to other nullobject (m key) and make hierarhy. Then you need to know what period of frames should be used. Example animation from frame 50-100. You select object - parent, put (enter key) at frame 50 then move/rotate object to frame 100 and put (enter key). You have two key frames and animation will be generated automatically. Also between those points you can make more transitions.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/15/17 04:43 PM

Viper not working in lightwave,And here is probably the biggest problem.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/15/17 06:22 PM

Puh, all 3d is now ready. Only the windows must be made but that's not a big deal. Now only the texture mapping is left. Aaargh... I hate it but it must be done biggrin

P.S: Transparency, reflection etc. will also be adjusted. It's possible to look through the HUD of course hahaha Buttons, rotaries and switches will be done after the texture work to fit exactly.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/17/17 06:31 PM

Last things added to the pit, I thought of which were missing. The overhead is already intergrated in the cabin.

Maybe I will need some help with the moving things. I adjusted alot in the cockpit related to size and positions, so it might be possible that a lot of the old animations like the cyclic and the pilot itself do not fit exact anymore. I will try to fix it myself, but don't know if I'm able to do.

Most switches etc. are still missing and will be added after the texturing, but I thought that those parts I just added should be in the cockpit in 3D. The green blocks at the panel are the warning lights which will also be 3D. Same goes for the second MFD at the right side and its buttons. Don't now how hard it is to get the collective and the pedals moving like in some of the other helos.

Picture was made with use of single sided surfaces:

Attached picture Shot-1.jpg
Attached picture Shot-2.jpg
Attached picture Shot-3.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/19/17 08:56 AM

Last things added to the pit, I thought of which were missing. The overhead is already intergrated in the cabin.

Maybe I will need some help with the moving things. I adjusted alot in the cockpit related to size and positions, so it might be possible that a lot of the old animations like the cyclic and the pilot itself do not fit exact anymore. I will try to fix it myself, but don't know if I'm able to do.

Most switches etc. are still missing and will be added after the texturing, but I thought that those parts I just added should be in the cockpit in 3D. The green blocks at the panel are the warning lights which will also be 3D. Same goes for the second MFD at the right side and its buttons. Don't now how hard it is to get the collective and the pedals moving like in some of the other helos.

Picture was made with use of single sided surfaces:

Good work. Do you want to upload them somewhere, and I'll take a look?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/20/17 08:02 PM

So, some textures added. Sorry, I had not much time to work on it the last few days, but slowly ....

Now another big part is to texture all the 3D switches, rotaries etc. and integrate them back in the cockpit. I constructed some new 3D models of them also.
The cabin itself with the new walls and the window and door frames will also be a hard texture work to do, but I will try to do my best biggrin

(the ugly effect you can see at my pictures is a result of my sh... graphics card in my laptop which isn't able to do anti aliasing. It will look a lot better in game and with the use of other hardware if it's finished / some minor textures still missing like the center MFD and the collective etc. )

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/20/17 09:06 PM

Looking really good. Your hard work is paying off.
Posted By: thinkr

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/21/17 06:06 AM

Just wanted to drop in and say Your Amazing !!! Thanks for working on EECH My favorite Sim : DCS is too processor heavy but this is EECH is Fantastic and your new CHOPPERS Are Awesome!

I just played a Multiplayer game with my roommate recently using v1.16.0 with all your added helos and Blackhawk!
My roommate just ordered a EDtrackerPro so he can View around the cockpit! Love what your doing! Your amazing work is much appreciated!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/21/17 11:00 AM

Just a moment. I have not made all those helos you mentioned! This is the work of other guys here and you have to thank them for their work, not me.

I also have just started working on EECH a few months ago and even the cockpit I'm still improving is the work of an other guy here.

Messyhead, Thealx, Firebird, Sockzien and many others in the past have made EECH Allmods what it is today, not me, so please thank them for the outstanding work they have done!

Just read a bit in this forum and you will see how hard they worked to bring this amazing attack helo sim to us.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/21/17 06:08 PM

O.k. another few hours later. I started to make the switches, rotaries etc. today and I've seen very soon that the KA-50 wasn't the best idea to choose. I better had decided to improve a helo with a glass cockpit like the Comanche screwy hahaha

Attached picture Shot-3.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/21/17 06:31 PM

Great work! all 3d switches, new geometry new glare shield , better textures wow yep

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/21/17 07:02 PM

Thank's!

It doesn't look so, but the textures really make the most work. It's hard to find good photos at the web and all which looks nice are screenshots from DCS of course, so they are not useable.

I have to correct so many things like angle of view and the zoom factor of the photos to have something useable. That's also the reason why the lettering isn't readable in most cases.

Maybe someone who's native language is russian has the desire to do the lettering if the pit is finished. I'm not able to do so and have also no russian character set installed, but I think in case of realism the russian helos should really have a russian lettering.

The MI-28 will be a lot harder to do I think, cause for the KA-50 many textures already exists and I just have reworked them, but for the MI-28 we only have the simple cockpit version without many detailed textures.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/21/17 07:17 PM

For me new glare shield doing good work, is perfect.
For letters you can download textures from dcs, and you have all text in cockpit, but is still huge work.Dont know if this make sense.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2262514/?sphrase_id=8747060

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/21/17 07:25 PM

I don't think this is permitted cause of copyright.

That's also the reason I spent many hours for finding suitable material. But if no-one bothers the lettering, I can also live with it biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/21/17 07:55 PM

permitted no, but as an exemplary material is good. Maybe someone back to better texures.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/22/17 12:38 PM

Had you see this site before? Some good cockpit images there...

http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/kamov/ka-50/index.htm

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/22/17 04:05 PM

I think I have used some of the images, which I found via google, but I missed to look directly at the page.

It has real good images. Thank's for the link!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/22/17 04:11 PM

Soczkien
used these photos to the cockpit,I gave him this page.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 11/22/17 06:24 PM

Yes, I have seen that there are many textures based on that photos. I re-used them too biggrin

I used a lot of the old textures again, only adjusted them to make it easier for mapping. For some things like e.g. the back panel good photos are really hard to find, but there is not much you can see in the game itself of it, I think.

Don't know it exactly, because I have no possibility to test it with a head tracking system at the moment.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 12/06/17 05:43 PM

O.K. sadly I have not much time to work at my project at the moment. This will be so until end of december I think. But I will not give up thumbsup

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 12/07/17 06:42 AM

Well it's not going to take longer than my one, so that's your benchmark biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 12/11/17 08:56 PM

Yes, I hope so biggrin

Looks like some things will change in my life the next few months and I don't know how many time I will have for my hobby, but I will do my best.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 12/11/17 09:47 PM

Let me guess - you hear : ME or cockpit? hahaha
Btw bye bye home cockpit project nope

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 12/12/17 12:45 AM

Yes, sadly the cockpit project is on hold for the moment too.

I have to arrange some important things for my future, so no time for the hobby at the moment.

Fortunately my bride elect understands what this hobby means to me.
She assisted me to get some parts for the pit and helped me in building it as far as she could.
She even tolerates that the whole flat looks like an aircraft shelter hitten by a tornado biggrin , but this
is something I also would like to change in the near future.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 02/21/18 09:24 PM

Hello guys,

sometimes #%&*$# happens in life! sigh

I hope I can come back to this project at the middle or end of march.

At the moment I still have to do a lot of other things that have to be done.

Cheers Viper

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 02/22/18 10:20 AM

Hello guys,

sometimes #%&*$# happens in life! sigh

I hope I can come back to this project at the middle or end of march.

At the moment I still have to do a lot of other things that have to be done.

Cheers Viper

Tell me about it. Life / Work have me busy enough that I don't have time to look at my Blackhawk project

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 03/26/18 06:15 PM

Yes sadly that's the true. As things look at the moment, I have to correct the time I can get back to it, somwhere in April.

Still a lot things to do. I also hope that I have enough time for painting the parts of my homecockpit this summer, but who knows?

Originally it was planned that the pit should be ready this spring, but I'm far far away from this now! banghead

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 05/30/18 06:13 PM

O.k. I'm not dead biggrin , but sadly I have to leave my flat, cause my hirer resigned the renting in case of own usage. I had a lot of trouble the last months, that's why I had no time for the forum or for my hobby.

I will move to my bride elect at the end of summer, but at first my son has to get a college place. At the moment I'm dismounting my pit and all the other things I want to take to the new place. The good thing is, that after the move I have a seperate room for my pit and one for all my tools I can use as a workshop.
No more chaos!!! But sadly it's a lot to do the next time, so I hope I can come back to EECH at the end of this year.

So much happend here! Soczkien and Javelin made such a good work at the project. Thank's so much for that to you both!!!!!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 05/30/18 06:27 PM

I will move to my bride elect

rolleyes Good luck Viper, you were a funny guy cheers
Posted By: Javelin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 05/30/18 07:25 PM

Thanks Viper, and good luck. We'll see you soon.
Javelin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/21/18 08:53 AM

Thanks Guys!

I'm still alive wink but there is so much work to do, so I have not much time for watching the forum here.

This is really sad for me, but after all this work is done I have much better conditions for my hobby biggrin.

My cockpit is already at its new place and I have a seperate workshop in the flat now.

But the whole flat has to be renovated and that's really a big project.

I hope I can partially come back to my hobby at the end of this year and will be full ready next sommer.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/16/19 06:54 AM

Well, the cockpit model works in game - by that I mean it's in the scene and loads in game.

Now to start making it work. If you can get the version you have with the fuselage, that would be great.

Attached picture k50_cockpit1.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/16/19 07:24 AM

I might have some high resolution textures that I can use for the cockpit, but I need to seek permission to use them first.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/16/19 08:20 AM

That would be a nice thing!!! I used what I'm able to get from photos of the real KA-50 at the web, but much of it wasn't in a real useable resolution. There are of course better textures from another Blackshark, but I don't wanted to use anything of this. We all know the reason why.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/16/19 08:35 AM

That would be a nice thing!!! I used what I'm able to get from photos of the real KA-50 at the web, but much of it wasn't in a real useable resolution. There are of course better textures from another Blackshark, but I don't wanted to use anything of this. We all know the reason why.

That's why I'm trying to get permission. There are a few modified texture packs available for that Blackshark free to download. But I'd like to the the creators permission to use them first.

I've got the game manual, and it's very detailed.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/16/19 10:38 AM

I thik you cant use any textures ,becase creators use as source files original textures from dcs,especially gauges.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/16/19 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by BANITA
I thik you cant use any textures ,becase creators use as source files original textures from dcs,especially gauges.

The ones I'm looking at, have been created by 2 modders, and they have a copyright notice on it. So it must be their own work.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/16/19 10:51 AM

Devrim and Ricardo? wink masterpiece textures. Worth try,but i doubt about permission. Not in dcs,worst company ever.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/17/19 02:50 AM

Devrim and Ricardo? wink masterpiece textures. Worth try,but i doubt about permission. Not in dcs,worst company ever.

Good news! Devrim said he's ok with us using the cockpit textures that he made. So he's going to email me the PSD files, but I might need to wait and hear from Ricardo first.

@Viper, would you mind redoing the cockpit UV maps with the new textures if I send you them? I think your texturing skills are better than mine. I can work on the code changes needed to get everything working.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/17/19 07:08 AM

I think dont need redo all uvmap. Just resize old cockpit textures to 2048x2048,and paste to them new better textures.i can try this.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/17/19 07:23 AM

@Viper, would you mind redoing the cockpit UV maps with the new textures if I send you them? I think your texturing skills are better than mine. I can work on the code changes needed to get everything working.

Yes, I will do my best, but I have to relearn the whole 3D a bit biggrin I remeber that UV-mapping was a tricky thing.

I think before we really use those textures, we should absolutely be sure that Ricardo owns the right for them. If there is any material used from ED, I would better not use them.

It's not worth to risk a confrontation with ED and this could also be the end of EECH, at least the trouble would stop the project for a while. As far as I found out Devrim only adapted Ricardos textures. Ricardo made many oft the textures by it's own, using photos he had made, but if there is anything based on or left from ED, this could really be dangerous.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/17/19 07:38 AM

Yes we must hold breath. Even arneh with mi24 gauges had problems with dcs. I thinkgauges is original from dcs,and this will be troubles. As you said ricardo is first creator.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/17/19 08:13 AM

I think dont need redo all uvmap. Just resize old cockpit textures to 2048x2048,and paste to them new better textures.i can try this.

You will need to reposition the surfaces on the new textures. They're completely different layout.

I don't think Devrim will send the PSD files until Ricardo gives the ok. I can find out which parts were his own work, and which were from existing DCS, then we can just re-make those parts. The textures are all stamped with copyright to Ricardo and Devrim, so if ED still owned parts of them, they couldn't claim copyright on them.

But it's a step forward, and something to stay positive about.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/17/19 08:40 AM

I have idea how do this without retexturing all. If we got permission just give me 2-3 days i can try wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/17/19 08:47 AM

You will need to reposition the surfaces on the new textures. They're completely different layout.

Yes, and I hope the shapes of the panels are compatible. I made them based on what we just had before and used some photos of the original to freely adjust them, so they look almost authentic.

Even the things I made from scratch (do not remember exactly all those parts) have no real measurements biggrin You have to use blueprints for that and it's really hard to get those for military aircraft. There are only a few exceptions like the F-16 Falcon for example, where many guys built a homepit for and you could really get all information you need for that.

If the shape of the texture part (e.g. the main panel) itself does not fit and there is no way to "cheat" them a bit (this is only very restricted possible, or you will totally disort them), we have to make completely new 3D panels. The positions and the scales of the different parts of a texture doesn't matter as long as the shape fits. All other things are adjustable.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/17/19 11:50 AM

I have a feeling the shapes are different. You can search online for the texture pack, I don't want to link to it here. I think the DCS model has separate geometry for dials, and other parts. It seems that way when you look at the texture files. If we get the PSD files, then it might be possible to re-arrange them textures so they match the existing cockpit.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/17/19 12:57 PM

I have a feeling the shapes are different. You can search online for the texture pack, I don't want to link to it here.

I will take a look at them. I think I already have them, because I also own a lot of the DCS modules but never had the time before to fly any of them.

I think the DCS model has separate geometry for dials, and other parts. It seems that way when you look at the texture files. If we get the PSD files, then it might be possible to re-arrange them textures so they match the existing cockpit.

I also thought about something similar. Maybe we could use the textures as a basis for recreated matching textures. True to the motto "take something here and something there and bake something new" biggrin But it's not always possible, cause this way you loose details like scratches etc. a worn realistic looking pit has, cause you must have a relatively clean surface to put the parts together without a visible transition.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/18/19 02:04 AM

While we wait for the textures, I'm going to start work on the code changes, starting with the status lamps.

I created a new branch, so if anyone else is looking at code related to the Blackshark cockpit, you can pull this branch. It's based off master.

https://github.com/enemy-engaged-developers/eech_source_code/tree/develop_1_16_blackshark_cockpit

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/18/19 06:42 AM

I will start with the MI-28, the moment I'm able to do things again, I already had done two years ago.

Oh man, know I really notice that I'm going older. The brain isn't working as good as some years ago duh

I'm also not able to find the models I already did, so I will start with the pit from nearly the beginning. Since the move my computer hardware and cockpit parts are scattered in boxes. I think I will need more time to find all my HD's with this files, as starting things from the beginning. As far as I remember, I was a little further with the work on it, but not that much, that its usefull to turn the whole flat upside-down.

P.S: An idea that came to my mind, the last night I couldn't sleep cause It's very hot at the moment here in Bavaria biggrin
I did some 3D parts for my 3D printer the last months and I used TinkerCad for this (its free, you only have to create an account). It's so simple and if you combine some parts, you could also do more complex things. I think this could be useful for making cockpit parts like buttons, dials etc. You can export them as an OBJ-file and import it to the 3D software you use.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/18/19 08:34 AM

Good luck guys,future looks much better than earlier biggrin. Thealx back here! wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/18/19 06:58 PM

At my search about information and good useable photos for the MI-28 I came across this!

It's so nice, especially the 3D cockpit, but the whole model costs 149$.

I have no clue if you could use it for EECH after you paid. My English isn't very good.
But if, this could be a nice option for a renewed version of the KA-52 Alligator.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model...1191585?referral=3d_molier-International

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/18/19 07:09 PM

At my search about information and good useable photos for the MI-28 I came across this!

It's so nice, especially the 3D cockpit, but the whole model costs 149$.

I have no clue if you could use it for EECH after you paid. My English isn't very good.
But if, this could be a nice option for a renewed version of the KA-52 Alligator.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model...1191585?referral=3d_molier-International

Polygons: 418,594

I think that might be a bit high biggrin

It's a nice model though. I often look on those 3D sites for models, and ther is some less expensive ones that I've thought purchasing.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/18/19 07:15 PM

imo Replacing the old cockpit with a new one requires little work. Just delete binoculars, and add glare shield.those textures is very weak in this payable cockpit.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/18/19 08:24 PM

@ messyhead

Yes you are right, but this cockpit. I love it biggrin

@ banita

It's not so easy, believe me. I already started some work to modernize the KA-52 also, two years ago. Really a lot of work!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/18/19 08:38 PM

For me in ka52 only sucks that is no 1 cockpit, but 25 small parts . Hate this .

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/20/19 03:02 PM

Holy #%&*$#! Just seen this, it looks amazing! Must be an advanced, modernized version of the KA-50. Maybe we could....? biggrin

Ok, I will do the MI-28N for now smile

[Linked Image]

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/20/19 03:34 PM

Cockpit Looks like mixed mi28 and ka52 wink probably dcs update will be this .

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/20/19 03:56 PM

If we had more images from the pit, we could also do this wink

The 3D model of the MFD's should be the same. Look's like they made the middle one in a vertical position. The panel itself seems not to be changed. I think only the gauges are repositioned.

The outside model isn't much trouble, I also think. I already had redone the model with two sensors. Only the animations are a real trouble, but maybe someone else is skilled enough to do it. The reloaded KA-50 still needs a lot of work to do and before we start to work more intense at this, we should really consider if we not like to do this modernized version.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/20/19 05:04 PM

We don't know if the modernised version was widely used in real life. I'd like to stick with the current cockpit type, but do it well.

Then if we get more details, we could add the modernised one as a different version. Similar to Apache A/D/E

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/21/19 08:07 AM

We don't know if the modernised version was widely used in real life. I'd like to stick with the current cockpit type, but do it well.

Then if we get more details, we could add the modernised one as a different version. Similar to Apache A/D/E

As far as I know, the KA-50 was never really used in real live. It was always more a prototype to test new technology. It had only one mission to test an operation purpose.

Only 11 KA-50 were ever produced. Some of them crashed and the other were scraped. The version that accomplished mission ready state is the KA-52 Alligator, which is an advanced, redesigned version of the KA-50.

The remaining 6 KA-50 were sometimes equipped with new avionics to test new systems or were sent to airshows to get new customers for it. They also tried to sell a version named KA-50-2 to Turkey, but they prefered the TAI T-129 Atak from Augusta.

This is what the german Wiki page states about the KA-50. The english one is totally different and the information is related two the whole KA-50 series, also including the KA-52 series. So the number of KA-50 stated in service is much more than at the german page, because they also add the KA-52 to the KA-50 series.

I don't know if those informations are correct, cause we all know that Wiki is not always exact, but what I'm really sure of is that the KA-50 never was produced in larger numbers and mostly only was used to test new avionics and weapon systems.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/21/19 03:43 PM

My plan of action...

Replace current cockpit with Viper's one - Done
Fix the needles and instruments positions in the cockpit
- Clock and G gauge need done - Done
- Fuel needle movement needs fixed
Fix control positions - Done
Fix collective lever - Done
Make the backup ADI instrument work - Done
Make the main ADI instrument work
Make the HSI work - Done
Fix the compass position - Done
Make the warning lamps work
Make the weapon lights work
Make the gear lights work
Make the overhead status lamps work

Fix the pilot position - Done
Fix the pilot head movement, unable to look far downwards - Done

Try and make switches move when their corresponding key is pressed (possibly then adding more realistic startup)
Try and get the doors open/close

Refactor code to make Blackshark separate from Hokum

Update textures (if we get them from the creators)

Attached picture IMAGE003.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE004.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE005.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE006.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE007.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE012.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE008.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE013.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE014.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE017.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE016.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE018.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/21/19 04:12 PM

Ok, lets do it this way biggrin

What was going on with the forum? Couldn't reach SimHQ for about 4 hours now?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/21/19 04:27 PM

I saw that too, it was down for some reason

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/21/19 04:36 PM

Ah, ok. Maybe the server was down. Glad to hear it wasn't a problem with my ISP.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 04:45 AM

First part of the todo list done.

I also added a link to the list in the very first post so I don't lose it biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 05:37 AM

Need your opinion..

Pilot in cockpit - yes, or no?

I prefer to remove them, as they're animated to press buttons etc, and they don't match up. In the KA50, the model used is from the KA52, so the animations are wrong. The collective also doesn't match the collective in the cockpit model.

In fact, in the scene, there was still a lot of reference to the co-pilot which I've now removed.

So, should I remove the pilot model? (say yes biggrin )

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 07:46 AM

[Linked Image]
Yes.....

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 08:16 AM

Correct answer 😄

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 08:58 AM

Yes, let's remove the pilot biggrin

But what about helos with a WSO? The KA-52 for example. If we make also a new cockpit for them somewhere in future, should we also remove the WSO?
I think it looks better to have a WSO in the pit. No pilot, but leaving the WSO. Flying those helicopters alone, looks a bit strange. No guy to share your combat-fears with bottles biggrin biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 09:30 AM

Yeah, if there's a co-pilot, then they can stay for decoration. Might just remove the animations from them. I planned to do that with my blackhawk, and use a new figure model if I could find one.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 09:42 AM

Yes the animations were really a bit scarry biggrin

You never did know what kind of drugs your copilot consumed before the flight screwy biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 10:44 AM

You can change him face texture to face your ex,and will be more scared biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 10:59 AM

Yes, maybe I can also add the shopping list to some place in the cockpit, that always remembers me what I still have to handle after the flight biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 04:57 PM

I've got the main needles and the ADI in the cockpit scene now, just need to sort out the code for them.

I'm puzzled by how unfinished this cockpit was and was added to the game. We should make sure we do some quality control on mods from now on.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 05:09 PM

This was Soczkiens first cockpit, and first steps everybody used to learn wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/22/19 05:23 PM

This was Soczkiens first cockpit, and first steps everybody used to learn wink

I know it was, and I'm not taking away from what he did.

Just that we should, as a group, try to make sure things are finished off. My blackhawk is flyable, but not finished, which is why I've not included it yet.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 08:21 AM

Got the main needles in the cockpit working now, I just need to adjust their rotation scale to match the dials. I need to scrub up on my maths to work out the radians biggrin

The main ADI is in place, but it's not working yet for some reason. And the fuel needle isn't working so far.

I should hopefully get these working today, if I have time.

Attached picture IMAGE008.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 08:28 AM

Wow Messyhead!! Great work!

Just seen yesterday, that I never finished the collective for the KA-50 pit. I also wanted to make some switches and a texture to it, but in the whole chaos at the end of my time in my old flat, I totally missed that.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 09:02 AM

Wow you are fast messy smile
Viper what your cockpit is final lwo? Combined?
On screen messyhead front nose and pitot pipe looks too much in right side?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 09:16 AM

I also made a new external model of the KA-50. The one with the two sensor balls in the nose. The whole pit and the pits cabin was built to match that model.

I think it all must be in the zip-file I loaded to dropbox.

The photo isn't a real exact match of my model. I must look for the photo I used as a template two years ago.

Attached picture Kamov_Ka-50_in_Moscow.jpg
Attached picture KA-50-Viper-01.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 09:31 AM

Ok its the night hunter version. I only found that picture of a russian model-kit now. Must look for the photo of it again.

Attached picture KA-50-Night Hunter.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 09:40 AM

I'm using the model that Viper updated. I had to add the door in, as there was a door shaped hole biggrin

Most of the hard work for the needles was done when i worked out how to get them in the Havoc. So it's quite easy for me now.

The hard part is working out the rotation maths.

For example, the airspeed scale from 0 - 50 is different from 50 onwards. So the needle has to move at one scale up to 50, then a different scale after that. The calculations use radians, and I'm not sure how it works.

This is an example of the calc for the Engine RPM

Code
		float
			leng_rpm;

leng_rpm = bound((current_flight_dynamics->left_engine_rpm.value), 0.0, 110.0);

leng_rpm *= rad (305.0) / 100.0;

search.result_sub_object->relative_roll = -leng_rpm;

It's the rad (x) / y part that I need to work out what effect it has.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 09:57 AM

I'm using the model that Viper updated. I had to add the door in, as there was a door shaped hole biggrin

Ah, now that you mention it, mhmm right there was something with the door also, that wasn't really ready frown biggrin

(we need some more emoticons here, especially the innocent whistling smiley wink )

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 10:08 AM

P.S. I think I also made a door. There was something with a door animation and that was the reason I made a seperate door, but I really couldn't remember this clearly. There is an object called KA_50_DOOR.lwo and also a KA_50_DOOR.eeo in the model I made, but I must take a look at this all to remember it.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 02:40 PM

Looking really great guys! Resurrecting your past work is really speeding things along.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 04:47 PM

I noticed that you made a texture 4096x4096, once the limit was 2048,any coder can confirm that now we can make such a large texture?i know that limit is for dx7, but no one has ever confirmed that you can do bigger now.Not will be cause slowdown?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 05:45 PM

I'm not sure really. The texturing part is my weakness.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 05:48 PM

but should be info the maximum texture size in the source code?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/23/19 09:35 PM

I'm not sure, I've not looked into the code that does the graphics at all. I tried once, and found it too complicated to get my head round.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 03:23 AM

I looked it up and DirectX 9 has a maximum texture limit of 4096x4096. Isn't OgreEE based on version 9?

The original EECH was based on DirectX 7, so the texture limit was 2048 x 2048.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 07:05 AM

I think I made some bigger textures to test what's even possible. I really don't know it anymore sigh

There were so many things the last two years, I really couldn't remember what exactly I did for the KA-50 project, sorry!

I hope this time with the MI-28, I don't have to halt the work before I'm completely finished with the things I'm able to do. But at least that's sadly not always my decision, that's the way life is (at least how my own life was the last 20 years - it's also the reason my homepit project never finished until now - started with it in 1998!)

I really would like to do the complete work for a helicopter by my own, so noone must deal with the things I made (sometimes certainly not really accurate), but sadly I'm not able to do any coding, which is absolutely required to get any instruments or other things running. I also considered to learn coding, so that I'm able to make all those things too, but I simply haven't enough time for it, even though it seems that I will have more time now than the last years of my life.

If I start to learn coding also, the hompit project is on hold for minimum the next two years again. And the way my life is, I try to use the time it seems that nothing new unexpected will happen, to finish the dream of my last over twenty years. The last twenty years sadly it never worked for me, so I hope this time it will, but who knows?

All I can do is helping with 3D models of cockpits or helicopters. Even the animations are something I could not realize at the moment, but I think this is something I'm at least able to learn.

That's also the reason I try to make as much as possible if I have the time for it, cause I never know what comes next. Sadly I'm no "robocop".

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 07:23 AM

I'm almost done with the needles. But the calculations to work out the rotation of the needle has me stumped. I've got it to almost match the texture scale, but not quite. Also, I was using the speed shown on the hud as a guide. But it turns out the speed on the hud was the wrong value. It showed world z velocity, so basically how fast an object is moving through the 3d world, unaffected by air, or any other physics. Once I changed that to use indicated airspeed, I got further.

I'll need a maths guru to help understand, or try and work out what the calculation is doing. I read this guide, and it helped a bit.

https://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/ph...ns-and-angular-speed-versus-linear-speed

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 07:34 AM

Hmm, what about simply change the texture of the instrument, to make it work linear. I know that isn't realistic, cause some instruments in the KA-50 aren't linear, but if it's possible to adjust the texture to a linear one, it could be a workarround until we know more about the code that stands behind it.

If we are able to make it the right way, it's no big deal to change the textures again. Don't know if it is even possible, because of the scaling needed to show the whole indicating range, but if, this could be a solution for now, for sure not for ever. Better a working instrument than nothing biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 07:50 AM

Found a video about this, but it's a description to program it for x-plane. Don't know if it helps cause I have no coding experience, but what I've always heard is that many things are work relatively similar in different coding languages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfABSyd5KsA

Don't blame me if I'm wrong biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 08:05 AM

what about simply change the texture.
+1 the same i thought. No make sense waste time.
Thank you Javelin for info.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 08:08 AM

Another one I found using XML for the gauge calculation. It's for the MSFS.

http://www.kgz.shawbiz.ca/tutorials/xml/backup_attitude_gauge.html

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 08:08 AM

If I change the texture, I'd still have to match the rotation to the markings on the texture, so I'd still need to know how the calculation works.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 08:17 AM

That mean Houston,we have problem biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 08:20 AM

Is there a way to "borrow" some gauges from another helo? Maybe the Hind or even from a US chopper? I could retexture the instrument, so that it looks like a russian one.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 08:49 AM

I checked the Hind, but it has a different scale for speed. Just related to that though, the Hind does have a few instruments I'd like to reuse - the Main ADI is more like the one in the Blackshark, also the Engine temperature gauges, the clock, the rotor blade pitch, and the fuel gauge (I have the fuel needle working, but I want to check how it is done in the Hind code, as I'm not sure I have the right calculation).

The youtube video uses an existing function (img_rotate) in his code (I might check out the xplane source code and see what that function does), so he's just feeding it values. In our code, the angle to rotate (theta) is calculated, and then passed to "something" that rotates the object by that amount. There's some conversion from degrees to radians, and radians to degrees going on, and I need to work out how the linear value is translated to rotation using the functions. In the past, I used existing code, or trial and error to get it to work. But I want to try and figure it out, and then document it. It might take a little longer, but it'll be better in the long run to know these things and have them in the wiki.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 09:48 AM

Yes, I know what you mean. I also think in the end it's better do understand how things are working instead of copy and paste. It might be sometimes faster, but if you want to be more prepared for future things, it's better to understand what it really does.

I had also the vision back those days that if we really understood how the whole instrumentation is working, it might be possible to configure some standard instruments with a simple textfile, you write in the coordinates, the scale and kind of the gauge or MFD you like to display in 3D. Thought this could eventually be done with variables in the code, but I can really imagine that this would be a hard coding work and sadly I'm not able to help with something like this, of course I really would.

I looked at the sourcecode back those days and I even could not follow the whole structure at all. So many different parts which are all dependent from each other and you have to jump from here to there. If you already have problems to understand the coding itself this makes the whole attempt to recognize only a small part of it totally impossible.

I really admire the hard work you and Javelin have done to realize many things, that without you never could have been possible.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 10:09 AM

Please if you do such GREAT cockpit,think about add manual contrast for tv view. If not for all helos,only for blackshark. Now is really hard see anything,because no flir in blackshark. Contrast i think greatly help .

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 12:47 PM

Please if you do such GREAT cockpit,think about add manual contrast for tv view. If not for all helos,only for blackshark. Now is really hard see anything,because no flir in blackshark. Contrast i think greatly help .

Well, if I upgrade the external model to the one that Viper did, it has FLIR, so I could change the TV to have that as well as DTV.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/24/19 01:01 PM

whoohoo that would be fantastic biggrin now is extremely hard find targets.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/25/19 01:57 AM

OK, I can see you need some help Messyhead. Which gauge are you working on that has you stumped? Show me the gauge face with the multiple-ranges, tell me where the needle starts out in the 3D object file, and I'll set up the logic for it in a way that you can understand it and use it for any gauge out there. Just give me a day or two to answer, because I'm on 12 hour days until Friday.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/25/19 02:34 AM

I took a look at the Mi-28 Havoc Altimeter as an example. The texture is wrong by the way, the 30 on the gauge should be a 40.

The gauge moves 45 degrees for every 20 meters of altitude all the way up to 100 meters. From 0 up to 100 meters is 5 x 45 = 225 degrees.

From 100 meters up to 300 meters the gauge moves 45 degrees for every 100 meters of altitude.

if (altitude < 100) angle = rad ((altitude/100)*225);
// altitude/100 is the percentage the gauge has moved of the first 100 meters, the fraction of 225 degrees the gauge has rotated.

else angle = rad(225 + (altitude - 100)*45/100);

// now we start new at 100 meters. The first 100m adds 225 degrees. Then Alt-100 gives us the alt that we've gone past 100m.
// divide it by 100 m to get the fraction of 100's and multiply by 45 degrees for every 100, and you get the degrees needed to rotate the needle.
// All the rad() function does is convert degrees to radians. The rotate function for the object wants radians.

Does that help at all?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/25/19 02:46 AM

Now let's say the instead of pointing straight up, the needle object is pointing to the left, 90 degrees to the left of vertical.

We now need to add in 90 degrees just to get the needle to point at 0 on the Altimeter gauge. The new equations become the following:

if (altitude < 100) angle = rad ( 90 + altitude*225/100 );
else angle = rad ( 90 + 225 + (altitude -100)*45/100 );

Clear as mud?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/25/19 07:05 AM

Javelin, you have no idea how much that has helped! Thank you so much.

I understand now how the figures all link together. I think trying to look at existing code, and work it out, for me, wasn't helping.

The only tricky part is working out the angles for each mark. The Mi28 clearly has markers at 45deg, but other ones are more of less. I can judge it roughly, then tweak it till it's matching up.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/25/19 10:23 AM

Rocket science confused

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/25/19 10:54 AM

Yes, must be something from the jet propulsion laboratories biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/25/19 11:08 AM

Javelin, I've now managed to sort the scales for the gauges using your explanation.

The only issue I see is for the vertical speed indicator. The needle stops rotating when the needle hits +30m/s as expected (or 180 degrees of rotation).

But for negative values, it goes way beyond 180, to something like 210 degrees. The value is bound, so I'm not sure what's happening.

This is the code

Code
	{
		float
			vertical_speed,
			angle;

vertical_speed = (metres_per_minute (current_flight_dynamics->world_velocity_y.value) / 60); //convert to metres per second

vertical_speed = bound (vertical_speed, -30.0, 30.0);

//
		// non-linear scale
		//

//		up to 10 m/s, move 80 deg
//
//		10 - 20 m/s, move 60 deg
//
//		20 - 30 m/s, move 40 deg

if (vertical_speed < 10.0)
			angle = rad((90 + vertical_speed/10.0) * 80.0);
		else if (vertical_speed < 20.0)
			angle = rad(80.0 + (vertical_speed - 10.0) * 60.0/10.0);
		else
			angle = rad(140.0 + (vertical_speed - 20.0) * 40.0/10.0);

search.result_sub_object->relative_roll = -angle;
	}

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/25/19 06:30 PM

When it's negative it always satisfies the first line of code. You don't have additional logic for negative values, so it uses the first one and goes past 180. 90 - 30 * 80 / 10 = -150?

And the parenthesis left of 90 is in the wrong place. It should be right of 90, otherwise you end up multiplying 90 x 80 to get 7200.
Actually it ends up being (90 - 3)*80 = 6960 = 19 revolutions plus +120 degrees or -240 degrees.

Amazing what one little typo will do to your numbers!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/26/19 02:24 AM

One way to fix the logic so it works for both (-) and (+) values would be to use the absolute value of vertical_speed.

if (ABS(vertical_speed) <10 )
angle =
else if (ABS(vertical_speed) <20)
angle =
else
angle =

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/27/19 12:57 AM

I've got most of the needles working now. The engine temp dials and blade pitch are borrowed from the Hind. I also fixed the position of the compass.

The Fuel needle is there, but the scale is wrong, so I need to work on that. The Blackshark actually has 2 fuel tanks, one in front, one in the back. Each hold just under 800kg of fuel. So the gauge is meant to show 2 needles, one for each tank. So I need to either work out how to add an additional fuel tank, and have the needles for each (I think this might have been done in the advanced Apache code), or just do a combined fuel weight, and ignore that the numbers on the dial are wrong. I suppose I could also just keep it as a combined weight, and half it for each needle.

Only ones left to add are the clock, and ADI which will also be borrowed from the Hind. The Gmeter also needs done, but it is slightly different as it shows 3 needles, ones for the min and max G over a mission, and one for the current G. So far all the helos only have the current G needle. So if I want to add the other 2 needles, there's some additional coding to work out.

I'm away for 2 weeks holiday this weekend, so I'll probably not get a lot else done before I go.

Attached picture IMAGE014.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE013.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE012.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/27/19 02:23 AM

That looks great! I like how nice and sharp everything is. Nice work!

I started digging through the code for the KA-50 MFD's yesterday looking for the reason the MFD's don't export. I think I've got the basics figured out. I've got to get the second Hind MFD done first, then I can work on the KA-50. I'll get to it this weekend.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/27/19 06:29 AM

Wow Messyhead! Now the whole cockpit really gets realistic. Great work!!!

I'm looking for a way to rotate the view arround an object or polygon you selected in the perspective viewport and couldn't find the key-combination for it. It's a real pain to rotate the whole view arround a fixed center point and then adjusting the view again to center your selected part. Do you know the command for this?

Thank's in advance!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/27/19 08:21 AM

Wow Messyhead! Now the whole cockpit really gets realistic. Great work!!!

I'm looking for a way to rotate the view arround an object or polygon you selected in the perspective viewport and couldn't find the key-combination for it. It's a real pain to rotate the whole view arround a fixed center point and then adjusting the view again to center your selected part. Do you know the command for this?

Thank's in advance!

If you press Shift A, then it should centre on the selected polygons. You can then use the rotate icon in the top right to rotate around the selection.

I think if you hold Alt, and use the left mouse, it also rotates, but I think that rotates around your cursor rather than the selection. I've not looked into that key shortcut yet.

Edit:

I found this. It says if you press G you can centre around the cursor, so that might help with rotating using Alt key.

https://defkey.com/lightwave-3d-shortcuts

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/27/19 08:53 AM

Great work smile

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/27/19 09:35 AM

Thank's Messyhead!

That helped a lot! smile

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 11:42 AM

HSI is working now.

That'll be all till I get back from holiday. Only instruments left are the Clock and G gauge, and fix the fuel gauge.

I've also checked in the code.

If anyone wants a play while I'm away, you can get the zip file at the link below. Just extract it, and keep the folder structure the same. I think I've included everything needed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XvFaah2WG_xw2GbJSUapZKGcCy6OEWL9

This version of the cockpit isn't all textured, and there's some unfinished things, like the collective and cyclic sticks position, and pedals. This is just to test the instruments.

Attached picture IMAGE017.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 12:43 PM

Thank's Messyhead for the great work you done!!!

I also have seen that not all things were finished. I will do this, at the moment I'm a bit more advanced again with the 3D thing.

I think that nothing will effect the work you done, cause it's only some missing textures and some eyecandy for the collective etc.
Perhaps if anyone else want to do those things, feel free to make it. No problem here, cause I think we are are nice community now,
and can always share all the work anyone of us had done.

I also have to do the animation for the nose-sensors of the external model, but I think this will take also a while, cause I never really understood how animations working.

I will try to learn this also, but I believe I really will need help with this. winkngrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 12:52 PM

to do the animation for the nose-sensors.
--
Is working in cpg cockpit mi24 .1.15.4

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 01:22 PM

Thank's Messyhead for the great work you done!!!

I also have seen that not all things were finished. I will do this, at the moment I'm a bit more advanced again with the 3D thing.

I think that nothing will effect the work you done, cause it's only some missing textures and some eyecandy for the collective etc.
Perhaps if anyone else want to do those things, feel free to make it. No problem here, cause I think we are are nice community now,
and can always share all the work anyone of us had done.

I also have to do the animation for the nose-sensors of the external model, but I think this will take also a while, cause I never really understood how animations working.

I will try to learn this also, but I believe I really will need help with this. winkngrin

I had to make some modiifications to the cockpit model as I worked on it. Mainly cutting some holes in the dashboard, but also changed a few textures.

I can start again on it when I'm back, and it'll let you get on with your Havoc project

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 01:38 PM

Btw where are you going messyhead? locally or by plane?(
still you can,
until is no brexit biggrin ) succesful rest.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 02:08 PM

Off to Tenerife. Cant wait for the sunshine and relaxation, although it's been pretty sunny this week in Scotland. Hopefully Brexit won't happen in Scotland, and we'll get independence and rejoin the EU.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 02:16 PM

I can start again on it when I'm back, and it'll let you get on with your Havoc project

Yeah, that would be nice! Thank's again!

I really have to fight with the Havoc at the moment biggrin

Wish you nice holidays! thumbsup

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 02:18 PM

In europe we have #%&*$# hell here temp even 40 is not funny rolleyes as you saw even Viper riding naked in moped smile

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 04:14 PM

I had a little more free time, so I added in the cyclic stick. The previous link should have the files, if you re-download it.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 04:56 PM

Yeah, great! Will take him for a ride this weekend, still only at the laptop but I'm really looking forward to it biggrin

The work at the Havoc has also made a great step forward, cause I finally figured out again how this whole parts and surfaces thing was working. dance

This makes the texturing work alot easier and thereby the whole 3D modeling a little faster.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/28/19 11:55 PM

Dang! I also would like the source code files if possible. I'm working on the KA-50 MFD's tomorrow. I'll be altering the following Avionics files:
hm_avevn_ka50.c
hm_dam_ka50.c
hm_eo_ka50.c
hm_eo_ka50.h
hm_mfd_ka50.c
hm_tgt_ka50.c

I guess we can merge yours with mine after you get back from your Holiday.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/29/19 05:55 AM

Everything is checked in to the master branch. So if you do a pull, you can get the updated files.

At some point I plan to do a bigger refactor, to change ka50 hokum references to blackshark. I also want to change the filenames to start with bl, rather than hm to follow the existing naming convention. There's also a lot of unused code in the ka50 code left over from copying from the ka52.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/29/19 03:47 PM

Awesome! I need to get a new copy of Master! I'll upload my changes when I get all of the exported MFD's done, I still need to do the Havoc.

Renaming the Blackshark files to bl_ would sure make it easier on me. I can't keep hk_ and hm_ straight in my head.

I've been thinking about installing FLIR in the Blackshark, there is a KA-50N Night Shark variant with FLIR. Any opinions on that, guys? It can't really operate on night missions without a way to see in the dark.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/29/19 04:43 PM

"KA-50N Night Shark variant with FLIR"
imo the best and the simplest solution, yes please smile

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 03:09 AM

I had planned on doing that too. Viper had made a new external model of the night version, with updated EO and flir.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 04:15 AM

Interesting, that we've all somehow ended up on the same page. It will take a lot of hours, going through the code and putting it all back in. I started on it, but I can't find the files now and will have to start over. Other than uploading the files to Master, I've finished upgrading the exported MFD's.

Hey Messyhead, I thought you were on vacation. Grin.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Javelin
ey Messyhead, I thought you were on vacation. Grin.

I am 😄

Well, almost. We drove yesterday to Leeds to catch the flight, which is later on today.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 07:55 AM

Maybe if we pull together on one helo at a time, we could do them to a pretty good standard. It seems there's a lot we could improve on the ka50, then move on to the Havoc, then .... what's next?

I remember someone started a cockpit for the mi18 which looked promising, but then it didn't go anywhere. And there's my blackhawk sadly unfinished.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 08:29 AM

Maybe copy gunner cockpit mi24 Without clickable, from 115.4 and steal new symbology for binocular view.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 11:42 AM

Maybe if we pull together on one helo at a time, we could do them to a pretty good standard. It seems there's a lot we could improve on the ka50, then move on to the Havoc, then .... what's next?

If you guys need a helping hand for the KA-50, I would also like to do my best with the things I'm able to do. I've seen, there were many small things I never really finished.

I also hope I will be able to do animations somewhere in future, but as far as I remember you had to have a good knowledge of the code also, to get animations done in EECH. I think this was the reason I never really tried it further again.

Of course I will also try do the work at the Havoc further in the background, then. Don't know if I could really help you, but if I could let me know.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 11:50 AM

Small things in ka50 cockpit in lw i can aso make,but better wait what wil be with ricardo textures. No make sense doing 2x the same with new textures.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 12:08 PM

Yes, that's also right Banita. Let's wait until we know more.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 07:52 PM

OK, I updated to the current Master, uploaded the external MFD changes, and recompiled everything along with Messyhead's updated KA-50 cockpit. It all works great! I like the way the side windows are open to give us more window to look out of, the older style cockpit was too restrictive. Couldn't see spit out the sides before.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 08:01 PM

From what i remember was or is still bugged head position,especially when looking through windows.is for ka52,not ka50.Or maybe Viper fixed this when change cockpit position.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 08:17 PM

Looking at a photo of a Blackshark from the right side with the pilot inside, he could barely see anything out that right window. His head was behind that label panel covering the lower back corner, taking up a major portion of his view. And yes you are correct, I think the head position may be a bit too far back. It's not too bad now, with the windows opened up in the new model.

OK, I found a better photo. The pilot has a decent view out the right side, our head position is way too far back.
[Linked Image]

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 08:23 PM

I did change the head position, but I need to check if it's right. The angle to look down didn't seem right either, so need to change that

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 08:29 PM

good find! And great photo.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 08:31 PM

If we go further forward, it will need to go a bit lower too or you won't be able to see the gauges very well. It's more of a tall basketball player perspective right now. Grin. It works fine. I just like being able to look out the window again!

Here's another shot of the pilot.
[Linked Image]

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 08:33 PM

Also hud position must be matched .

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 08:43 PM

Interesting how the cannon is on the right, but the the bigger, lower window is on the left.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 06/30/19 08:50 PM

I think bigger left window because door wink the right window is also the pilot's protection.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 06:09 AM

I found a few more images for the pilot position. It's easy enough to change in the scene. Theres an object for pilot head, and pilot viewpoint that you can move.

The main issue is the view angle in the code. It seems really restrictive just now, especially when looking down. I had a very quick look to change it last week, but didn't get into it. If the pilot is moved forward more, then the view angle will definitely need changed.

Attached picture 1007771.jpg
Attached picture 1806331.jpg
Attached picture 2345477.jpg
Attached picture images.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 06:42 AM

And better check where is head position in dcs on yt wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 07:20 AM

BTW would it also be possible to get those rearview-mirrors working? Something like a rear view camera mode. Don't know how much this will affect the FPS in the KA-50, but if possible it would be nice to have, especially since the view in the KA-50, even in the real one isn't very good.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 07:38 AM

I think thealx tried a rear view mirror in the hind, but it killed the fps. I suppose it's something to add to the wishlist.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 08:14 AM

Yes, eat fps but this can be flag in eech.ini on off. Probably in 1154 is exist.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 11:58 AM

It looks from the photos that the pilot's head is quite high up, so maybe the sim is pretty accurate already.

Each mirror requires a complete 3D scene render, just like the view out the front window, the end result is just smaller. It still has to go through all of the same logic. Do you mean a rear view camera mode for the MFD? That wouldn't have the same fps impact as an additional mirror, EECH is already rendering views for LLLTV and FLIR. It could be added as a selection in the MFD modes.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 12:09 PM

Could the rear mirrors be made to act like permanent mfds of a rear facing camera?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 12:14 PM

No, not for the MFD. I think we should stay with what's possible in real life, too.

Don't know if there is the possibility to look through a rear cam via MFD in the real KA-50.

I really meant the rearview mirrors at the top of the cabin. But if this reduces the FPS in such a drastically way, it's not a good idea. nope

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 12:38 PM

Yes is much eat fps.thealx did just rear mfd view with 3 Level of details. All terrain,only objects etc.
But if he resign with this i think is too much fps drop.
You can copy mirror from mi24 ,looks great and has good reflection.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/01/19 02:22 PM

Real mirror = fps hit + lots of work.
MFD rear view = no added fps hit, not difficult to do.
Does the real Blackshark have a rear-view camera? Probably not. Could one be installed? Quite easily, since power and a monitor are already in place. Mount the camera, run the video coax through a video switch along with the regular llltv video feed, then to the MFD input, and voila, rear-view camera.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/03/19 05:52 PM

OK Guys, I upgraded the Ka-50 to the Ka-50N Night Shark by adding FLIR. The download is in the "MFD Export Upgrades" thread. I also uploaded my code to MASTER so you can snag it. This also includes all of Messyhead's gauge fixes and improved cockpit. If something doesn't work, get his cockpit upgrade 3D models from his download in this thread and that should fix it.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/03/19 05:55 PM

I think we should maybe start a thread for a new release, and add what we'd like to include in it. The mfd export, mi28 and ka50 instruments, hover mod, and then see what else we could work on for a release. I'm not saying it'll be soon, but if we had a list to work on that could focus us on a few things.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/03/19 06:08 PM

good idea messy .
Javelin great !!!woah smile

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/04/19 11:07 PM

First things in the KA-50 pit fixed. Only some small cosmetics, but I really make some steps forward and could remind how things were working.

This is also a huge progress for the further work at the MI-28N. biggrin

Just fixed the missing textures for the hoops left and right side of the overhead-panel, the left door-lock and the HUD-lens.

I will also add textures for the collective and some other still missing things. After fixing the cockpit I will switch to the fuselage.

If the pit is done I will upload it for testing.
Posted By: PatrykW

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/04/19 11:21 PM

Whoop whoop :-D

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 03:09 PM

#%&*$#!!! Just wanted to test my textures I made yesterday and get an error when I'm throwing the LWO-file through the compiler. banghead

The message is: unexpected end of chunk/subchunk. Any ideas?

I remember that there sometimes were error notes and I had to rename all the surface names (batch funktion) inside of LW to get the compiler running, but this time that doesn't help.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 03:26 PM

That's a message I've not seen before. Usually it's to do with texture points. Have you collapsed all layers? Have you also got the up to date converters, although they've not been changed for quite a while

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 03:33 PM

The converters are the same I ever used. They are able to convert the eeo file you changed back to a fully functional lwo and also the other way back. Must be some kind of error I created biggrin

I will redo the changes again step by step and after each change try to convert the model. It's no big deal. I only made the textures for the hoops left and right side of the overhead-panel, the left door-lock and the HUD-lens. I can redo this and take a look at what point the problem appears.

Sadly I had not made any backups of each single change, but it was not so much work that it is a real drama.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 03:39 PM

probably that the name of the surface is the same when you copied some objects.check in lightwave if you do not have gray surfaces without textures.if they are, i.e. there is a double name surface on this object.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 03:41 PM

Ah, I will check this. Thank's Banita!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 06:06 PM

Ok next #%&*$# #%&*$#!!! banghead Surface `SurfaceXX` Not all texture points set for polygone # XXXX

I've tried heal vertex map but with no effect. No problem in LW only the converter refuses the work. Now I really remember this whole #%&*$#! cuss2

But two years ago I was able to fix such things, at the moment I have no clue about those errors anymore.

I only used four already existing polygones from the floor (surface 15 and surface 45) and made an UV-map for the bottom plate.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 06:12 PM

Just a moment, must every surface have it's own vertex-map or is it possible to share them. Is there a way to fix this texture point problem in another "easy way" or do I have to edit the complete vertex-map.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 06:14 PM

biggrin this is what i said.you copied from one copy with surface001 and you have the same surfaces in the new 001 (example)
you must find the surfaces you have copied and which are repeated in newest and old version, and f5 and rename surface.which have the same name.but it's easier to find these surfaces in the modeler, it is gray without texture
is NO texture point problem, is problem with duble the same surface names imo

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 06:21 PM

Ok I will go out and smoke a cigarette. After this short break to calm down a bit, I will go back to my laptop.

I was really short before mycomputer smash

biggrin

Thank's again Banita! I hope it will help.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 06:25 PM

if you dont know how to fix this, you just need retexture objects what you copied today from old version.
messyhead is master lw, my english sucks, maybe he help wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 06:36 PM

Ok I checked it again and there are really no doubled surface-names.

Nothing is grey in the model view also. In LW no problem exists, but the converter refuses to compile the LWO?!? confused

In LW all looks correct and the textures are displayed as they should.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 06:42 PM

if you are really sure about it, it means that it is a problem with geometry, some surface has badly connected points, or there are no triangles. such things are the worst to find.
you must find this polugons which it displays with a error, and check what is wrong.did you weld any points? Maybe this is it

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 07:52 PM

To find the polygon it complains about, hit w then select all polygons for that surface. Then hit I to find which polygon it refers to. What I usually end up doing is remapping the surface it complains about

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 08:00 PM

Ok fixed it. I had to make one surface out of the 4 polygons. Before it was two surfaces and only one vertexmap. No problem in LW, but the converter didn't like it. After I made this I had the duplicate surface-name problem you adviced to me.

I have renamed the surface and voila the #%&*$# converter is doing it's work! biggrin

Really easy screwy . Oh man, who has excogitated such a screwballed approach.

There is no way to simply remove an unused surface, you always have to rename it and after this start the modeller again, to save the now corrected model (surface removed). Slowly I remember all those things again, I also hated back those days.

Another problem is that all my plugins I used aren't available any more, cause I had to reinstall my laptop. I had collected a lot of plugins which made things possible LW isn't able to do the easy way.

I hope that all is functional after the surface rename. I have the vague memory, that if you rename a surface, LW also renames other surfaces, which could result in things like non functional MFD's etc. If the surface-name of the surface which displays something is changed, the whole thing isn't working anymore. Could remember something similar back those days, which costs me endless nights to fix it again mad

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 08:03 PM

Hi Viper. When you get ready I've dug through the code and found the animate_eo function for the electric-optical sensor. The animate_eo function on the Blackshark is empty right now, I'll add in the guts. When you create the sensor ball, name it something like KA50_OPTICS. I can give it both a heading and a pitch. It needs to be a sub-object to the exterior 3D model.

search.sub_object_index = OBJECT_3D_SUB_OBJECT_KA50_OPTICS;

We can also do that in two parts, using two different 3D objects like the Apache does. It has an outer section that rotates to a heading, and is called AH64D_TADS_HEADING, then an inner cylinder that rotates to a pitch, called AH64D_TADS_PITCH.

On some of the helo's like the Havoc the sensor only rotates on one axis to a heading.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 08:17 PM

Ok, I will do so biggrin

As things stand at the moment I will need some time before I'm able to work at the fuselage. I really have a hard time to remember all the things I already was able to do two years ago.

Back those days, I nearly worked 18 hours a day with LW for three months or so. Now I have not so much time and you need a massive amount of time to learn the whole details of it.

Possibly Rapota makes the external model of the KA-50N, if he likes. Banita asked him about this and to be honest, I have no problem with it as well as my skills are at the moment winkngrin

We should also indicate him to this approach for the nose-sensor

P.S: I also hope that things will change September to October this year. I won't be able for sure to work 18 hours a day at it (this really was a exceptional case out of illness), but I think I will have more time than at the moment.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 08:49 PM

dance dancinfools I got it!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S WORKING! The converter does what he was programed for! (and this with my work) biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 08:50 PM

I did two clean eech installations, it does not work, it does not run, some error, wtf? what's happening?
more and more pissed, I wanted to leave it
I finally realized that I was installing mod without installing the game rolleyes banghead
man is aging, however rolleyes

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 09:34 PM

Yes, sadly this is true. biggrin

Ok, the last two years were really stressful and I had to manage totally different things, but I never thought that I will forget that much.

If you are getting older and do not need things often, they really get lost somewhere in your brain screwy biggrin

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 09:41 PM

Sad but true wink great that you find solution.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/05/19 11:30 PM

Ok, after some rage attacks and many cigarettes more, I can show you the first small result. biggrin

I removed the static pedals, added some textures etc.

And did the whole window thing also. Now it's time to go to bed (soon 3 o'clock in the morning) goodnight

More to come wink

Attached picture Cockpit-Fix-1.jpg
Attached picture Cockpit-Fix-2.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 02:53 AM

Very, very nice! Looking really good.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 09:01 AM

Thank's Javelin!

Only a few minor things I fixed, but slowly I remind how this stuff was working. I will do the rest of the cockpit now and than switch to the fuselage.

The cockpit is a bit tricky at the moment, cause it's already combined. I seperated the interior from the hull back those days, for better working.

Will take a look if I can do it again, but I have the fear that some of the changes, that makes the instruments working get mixed up after recombining.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 09:19 AM

Looks good. Did you use the dial textures for the engine and rotor pitch that I'd added?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 09:20 AM

In fact, did you use the eeo file I'd updated? I had cut a few holes in the dashboard

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 09:54 AM

That's all!

Ok, then there is no problem. I didn't know how the gauges are working in detail and if you had to use a specified surface, like it is for the MFD's.

I could remember that I had a real big trouble back those days, with not working MFD's in this pit, cause something with the surfaces got mixed up.

Maybe it was the case, cause the animations are dependent from the surface-number and if you change something that also changes this surface, the animation file isn't working anymore. As said before I still have no clue how this whole LWS thing is working. This is something I still have to learn and I really don't like the animation part of LW biggrin

P.S: I use the eeo file you changed.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 10:43 AM

As i understand no chance for dcs textures right?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 10:52 AM

As i understand no chance for dcs textures right?

I'm still trying to ask Devrim and Ricardo about them. Devrim said ok, but needed to check with Ricardo. It's not a definite no.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 10:52 AM

Looks like this. Don't know it exactly, cause messyhead had contacted them.

But DCS textures would also mean to rebuilt the whole front-panel matching the textures. Or you must cut the textures to match the panel, what results in not so nice looking textures. It's not an easy thing to do, if it should look decent at the end.

I think we should stay with what we have at the moment and make the best out of it. We have the MI-28 also, that isn't finished and the MI-24 needs also a lot of work again in 1.16 to get completed.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 10:54 AM

Devrim said he would send me the psd files if he agrees, so we should be able to make a texture map from that. The UV map will need redone.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/06/19 11:03 AM

The UV map will need redone.

Not an easy work at all. You must get the things exactly in place without disorting them. I didn't take a look at the textures so far, but I think it would be a lot of work.
If you use only parts of the textures, you have to pay attention to details like scratches and all the things that make the panel look authentic. All this has to match at the end.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/13/19 09:05 AM

Was there a version of the updated textures available to try out?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/13/19 06:26 PM

I've been working on this a bit today. It bothers me that the fuel gauge isn't quite right, in that it has one needle. When in reality, there were two needles, one each for the fore and aft tanks.

I remember that when Arneh worked on the MFD avionics update, he created a fuel page for the MFD and added realistic tanks. So I looked at his code, and sure enough, he's modeled the fuel flow from multiple tanks. Not just internal, but also external tanks on the wing stubs.

So, I'm going to try bringing that across and adding 2 fuel tanks to the KA-50.

But first I'll work on the remaining needles for the Clock and G meter as I should get them done quicker.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/13/19 06:53 PM

Great, panel lighs is easier or harder to do than gauges?I mean more time ?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/13/19 08:27 PM

Probably more time. I'd need to figure how to add them

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 08:35 AM

@Viper I've noticed a problem with the cockpit dashboard.

For example, look at the polygons making up the area of the clock dial. They're not flat. The clock has polygons that are angled part way through the surface. This means when I try to rotate the needles, they cut through the surface. I noticed a few places where the cockpit surface isn't flat. Do you want me to try and fix this and send you it, or do you want to do it and send it to me?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 09:37 AM

Really? Have just taken a look at the panel and didn't notice this. The whole surface has a break above the second row of instruments, here the angle is changed but this is correct.

I will just sent you the half finished panels via dropbox and you can make the change if you want. After you fixed it, just sent it back to me and I will do the rest.

Sorry I hadn't much time to work on it the last few days. frown

I will be back at the project now and finish the interior. After this I will switch back to the MI-28 pit, cause Rapota is making the externals of the KA-50 thumbsup .

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 10:04 AM

BTW could we use some of the already made 3D gauge-frames for the KA-50 also? Would be cool, but I haven't looked at it till now. I don't know if there are any allready done gauges in EECH which are suitable and we could use.

I also don't know if it can be done the easy way, cause maybe you have to change the whole panel-textures again to make them fit. This means a lot of work again and will delay the finish of the KA-50 a lot more.

What do you guys think of this?

I will, of course, try to do as much work of this, as I'm able to do, but I have not much time till September to October this year, so it could last a while.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 11:28 AM

I've now added the clock and g-meter. The g-meter only has one needle, as I couldn't get a texture that didn't have the max/min needles already on it. If I could have made or found a blank dial, I would add the max/min needles.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 11:38 AM

No problem messyhead,

I will just remove the needles from the texture file and sent the new texture to you. It's only a few minutes.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 12:18 PM

3d gauges frame its just copy paste,easy to add and remove. wink always beter look 3d than texture.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 03:42 PM

Only some minor texture work done.

Added a new cockpit floor. Fixed some textureless buttons, the collective, the ejection handle etc. Removed the textures from the second MFD, so no more doubled buttons and rotaries at this one.

There is still a lot to do. It's only small details like adding some 3D switches or buttons and of course there are also still some textures missing. But slowly it get's to the finished state. I decided to add 3D gauges at a later time. I think at first we should have it fully functional and finished with all textures etc. I can always add the 3D frames for the gauges later.

Attached picture Cockpit-Fix-3.jpg
Posted By: bunik

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 05:56 PM

of course there are also still some textures missing.
Exellent work! If you need any kind of textures - make the topic, maybe I or someone can help (I do not paint textures, but can take from a set of Helios for КА50 cockpit)

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 06:18 PM

it is not allowed to use textures from dcs.copyright.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 08:34 PM

it is not allowed to use textures from dcs.copyright.

Ok! What about Kamov copyright?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/14/19 08:38 PM

You can use any photo of a real cockpit helicopter, with this there is no problem smile
there is only one ka50 cockpit gallery, maybe you will find another one because you are from the east.

this gallery is deleted, only some photos have been, but I mean this [Linked Image]

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/15/19 03:43 PM

maybe it will be useful
https://ruser07.livejournal.com/39625.html

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/16/19 08:13 PM

Now with working Gmeter gauge, with Min and Max needles. I also think I forgot to update the exe in the previous upload, so not everything might have worked. I've added the latest exe now...

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/16/19 08:25 PM

so gauges already almost finished smile

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/16/19 08:29 PM

Yeah, that's all of them now. But I want to change the main ADI to be like the one in the Hind, as it's more like the real thing. Then the Fuel gauge needs updated, but that will be more code changes. Then on to the lamps.... actually, maybe I'll do the lamps next as all of the instruments work and are usable (apart from the fuel), and the lamps would add more useful features.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/16/19 08:40 PM

yes in mi 24 all gauges looks fantastic, arneh did a great job, and so many years ago ....
Cant wait for lamps.it will be look great.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 12:55 AM

I was searching online tonight for some reference images for the Blackshark cockpit, and I came across this 3D model. It's pretty good, and not too high poly count. The cockpit especially is pretty spot on.

What do you think if I was to buy this to use in the game? I don't think it would take a lot of work to make the instruments work in this cockpit, and everything else is already there.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-russian-attack-helicopter-ka-50-model

I know Viper you were working on an updated model, but if the current model was of a really high quality, then would we need to update the model to the newer version?

I'm just putting it here for discussion.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 03:03 AM

Just my opinion, but we have a pretty nice Ka-50, especially after we complete the upgrades that are currently underway. Wouldn't it make more sense to pick a chopper that we don't have in the game currently if you're going to spend money on it? Maybe an Mi-35 perhaps? Or an old Huey? Maybe an EC-665 Eurocopter Tiger? The Gazelle is pretty popular too. Just a thought.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 06:45 AM

hard to say,cockpit is realy beautiful,and i think indeed low polys. Pity that not write how many polys cockpit. External model great,but no chance.... very high polys. Too much for eech. Price is also great for this model. screwy screwy screwy and hi res textures. Worth considering.
together with all working lamps we can have a top quality cockpit.
There are no big differences between this and Viper,only hires textures.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 07:57 AM

Yeah, you're right. I suppose it's the textures that I was impressed with. I wonder if it's possible to just purchase those to use.

I got distracted looking for good reference images. It would be good if we had a skilled graphic artist to make the textures.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 08:03 AM

Make good textures is no problem,problem is russian letters banghead you also did great textures for your cockpit. But doing one word 5 min with russian text is not funny.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 08:23 AM

problem is russian letters

perhaps I can help? Russian is my second language, besides I have several fonts used in aviation. I can just put the correct labels on the texture, as I did for the Russification of the panel in Helios
[Linked Image]

Attached picture Weapons2a.png

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 08:31 AM

Make good textures is no problem,problem is russian letters banghead you also did great textures for your cockpit. But doing one word 5 min with russian text is not funny.

The textures were a lot of work. I had illustrator images from one of the Uh60 flight manuals. I then had to edit them in illustrator and photoshop. The good thing was they were vector images, so could be scaled without losing resolution.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 08:41 AM

My podumaju bunik wink
Messy maybe ask creator this cockpit,i think for ~10 $ he sell only textures. And we will be in home.
edit
Hmm cockpits are similar, it's all about textures.
Later, we need to retexture everything. Maybe buy whole cockpit is better idea,save time...
Another idea maybe buy only cockpit for 20 25.
Rapota do great external model with low polys.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 09:20 AM

My podumaju bunik wink
Messy maybe ask creator this cockpit,i think for ~10 $ he sell only textures.

we can ask about the textures of the сreator of this cockpit -
the textures are made for DCS, but their owner is this modder

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 09:40 AM

But he probably use dcs gauges . We can try. We ask ricardo and devrim but probably no chance.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 10:01 AM

We ask ricardo and devrim but probably no chance.

why no chance?
if you want to - there are still a few Russian-speaking modders, I can ask them, just write what you need?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 10:48 AM

Bunik good textures they are always welcome, even in this paid cockpit, many would be better. If you can ask for help any east modders please ask.

Well after 5km walk wink Only one minus i see- Viper did great the same detail cockpit,and this is wasted work frown
+we have great hd 4096 textures,and this is jump for another league.
+we have completed cockpit,dont need Wait for Viper updates.
+Viper can switch to mi28 cockpit.
+dont waste time for retexture with new textures.
Maybe wait for Viper voice if wil be here.
Bunik what you think about this cockpit?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 11:27 AM

Bunik what you think about this cockpit?
by the link Messyhead for some reason I see a Mercedes))
[Linked Image]

please give me direct links to what you mean?
maybe this one? - https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-russian-attack-helicopter-ka-50-model/406989

Maybe wait for Viper voice if wil be here.

I agree, and where I can see what made the Viper now - to draw conclusions?

Attached picture 32.JPG

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 11:30 AM

Yea i have too mercedes on tablet,bit just copy this link and paste to browser this work.
First post in this thread you have sceen cockpit.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 11:54 AM

Yeah, I get a Mercedes too, not sure what that's about.

Viper has been doing great work on he cockpit, and his textures are a great improvement. We should just carry on with that for now. Other improvements can be added later.

I might try contacting the model author and see if we could get the textures, just in case. I'm still trying with Devrim and Ricardo. Devrim said yes, but wanted me to contact Ricardo for permission, and he's not read my PM yet.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 12:08 PM

bit just copy this link and paste to browser this work.

still Mercedes)))

First post in this thread you have sceen cockpit.

there's only one screen of the cockpit, but it looks good! I would like more screenshots. but on the outside of the model there is an inaccuracy, I mean the nose of the helicopter - it needs to be sharper
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 3214.JPG

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by messyhead

Viper has been doing great work on he cockpit, and his textures are a great improvement. We should just carry on with that for now. Other improvements can be added later.
Agreed

I might try contacting the model author and see if we could get the textures, just in case. I'm still trying with Devrim and Ricardo. Devrim said yes, but wanted me to contact Ricardo for permission, and he's not read my PM yet.
I wrote to Flaperon, just in case!))

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 12:16 PM

I think you must disable ublock or adblock wink
Ok all clear,without doubts Viper cockpit is great. Increase texture res also doing work. We will see what will be.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/17/19 12:44 PM

I think you must disable ublock or adblock wink

nothing has changed!
put the link again?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/22/19 06:33 PM

I don't know if I'm the last to figure this out, but I just worked out how to change it so the pilot can look down more. In the KA50 cockpit, I was getting annoyed that I couldn't look down to the controls. But I just worked out it's set in the eech.ini file.

If you change the last number in this line, it lets you look down more. I've now got it set to 40, which is pretty much straight down. Most cockpits are set to -5, which doesn't allow much movement. Before the next release, I'll probably check them all, and tweak it.

I also found you can use CTRL ~ key to change the pitch, and it saves it to the eech.ini file.

ka50_pilot=0.000,0.000,0.000,40.000 # wideview pilot position

So now I can look down to the left and right, and see more of the cockpit.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/26/19 10:09 PM

Hello guys,

willl be back soon. Had a lot of trouble the last weeks sigh .

Cheers Viper

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/28/19 06:21 PM

Just my opinion, but we have a pretty nice Ka-50, especially after we complete the upgrades that are currently underway. Wouldn't it make more sense to pick a chopper that we don't have in the game currently if you're going to spend money on it? Maybe an Mi-35 perhaps? Or an old Huey? Maybe an EC-665 Eurocopter Tiger? The Gazelle is pretty popular too. Just a thought.

I think Javelin is right here. Let's finish the KA-50 and do some other helos. The KA-50 never played a role in active service, only a few missions in the Chechen war. It was mostly used as a test platform for new systems.

I think we should make the MI-28N and the new version of the KA-52, which are in active service. Maybe a MI-35 is also an interesting russian helo. The KA-50 is already in DCS and in such a detail, we will never be able to do, but the other helos aren't very likely to see in DCS.

OK. we could only guess how there weapon systems and avionics are working, but this was the case in most simulations during the 90's (eg. Janes, Microprose etc.) This is namely the great backdrop of all kind of super realistic simulations, like DCS, BMS etc. They simply can not make actual attack-helicopters or fighters, cause they want it hyper-realistic and this isn't possible in case of military secrets.

I think a good "how it could be in real life"-model is better and more interesting, as a hyper-realistic attack-helo no one is really interested in (like eg. a Gazelle biggrin ). I'm neither an attack helicopter pilot nor a fighter jet pilot who wants to make his training sessions at home on his computer, I'm just a guy who loves military aircraft and wanted to get an idea of how it could be to be a pilot. It should be realistic of course, but not in a totally hyped way.

That's only my two cents to this subject wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/28/19 07:25 PM

Sczkien has a ready made full Eurocopter tiger cockpit. And ext model.Maybe release someday....

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/28/19 10:52 PM

Soczkein has a Eurocopter Tiger cockpit? That would be nice to get a hold of. I've been digging around looking for a 3D model for that one. I did find one in the X-Plane archives, it has a GNU public license which means we can use it for non-commercial purposes. It can be loaded into Blender using a plugin, then re-saved in another format for editing. I have no idea how hard adapting it would be though, I've never tried it. It may have too many triangles in it, at first glance. Soczkein's would be preferable.

I'm busy learning what pieces need to be in place to make a new aircraft work. There are a lot more pieces than I realized, Collision NullObjects are just one item. I see a bunch more NullObjects that are weapons related, then the aircraft-database would need entries, along with a set of weapons loadouts in another file, you need an Undercarriage data file, a dyn dynamics file, and the list of items goes on and on. I'll write all of it up once I actually get through the process of getting one working all the way. I'm keeping detailed notes. It's going to take me a while to do it, so don't expect anything anytime soon.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/28/19 11:16 PM

cant find old links, but its probably him work.
https://3dmdb.com/en/3d-model/EC-665-Eurocopter-Tiger-Cockpit/196211/

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/29/19 02:01 AM

I see zillions of triangles... more than EECH can manage. Nice 3D model, though. Reasonably priced too.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/31/19 10:56 AM

Btw today out new blender,completely new ui. Looks great worth try. [Linked Image]

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/31/19 12:27 PM

Yes I've also seen the new version of Blender, but it doesn't run on my laptop. The minimum is Open GL 3.0 and the Iaptops graphics card only support up to Open GL 2.2.

The UI does really look better now.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/31/19 05:18 PM

Ok I'm now back on the KA-50. Finished a lot of detail work in the cockpit and also improving the external model.

I still like to go with my external version but everyone can choose which model he prefers. I like the one with the two sensors at the nose, so I will still use this one biggrin.

If I'm ready, I will upload the complete work including the external model, then I will switch back to the MI-28 and work further at the new cockpit.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/31/19 05:30 PM

dance

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/31/19 10:00 PM

The KA-50 never played a role in active service, only a few missions in the Chechen war. It was mostly used as a test platform for new systems.
In fact, Comanche did not participate in the war at all! smile but in the game it is very good! (btw, what about the option with a single-barreled 30mm gun?)

Maybe a MI-35 is also an interesting russian helo.

not a good idea - Russia abandons Mi-35 and goes back to the model with 6 weapons pylons and retractable landing gear!
a better look at the Super hind
[Linked Image]
or the Mi-24P

The KA-50 is already in DCS and in such a detail, we will never be able to do, but the other helos aren't very likely to see in DCS.

Yes, the Ka-50 in the DCS is well done, but there is no main thing - a dynamic war. That's why I came here from DCS.

I think a good "how it could be in real life"-model is better and more interesting, as a hyper-realistic attack-helo no one is really interested in (like eg. a Gazelle biggrin ). I'm neither an attack helicopter pilot nor a fighter jet pilot who wants to make his training sessions at home on his computer, I'm just a guy who loves military aircraft and wanted to get an idea of how it could be to be a pilot. It should be realistic of course, but not in a totally hyped way.

That's only my two cents to this subject wink
I totally agree! I do not need a Hyper-realistic simulation , EECH is a simulator similar to Strike Fighters and I like it!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/31/19 10:08 PM

Finished for today biggrin

Reworked some colors of the 3D buttons, added the armor-plates left and right to the cockpit windows and added a texture to the window-frames and the armor-plates.

Getting this textures fitted, was a real nightmare.

Tomorrow I will add some 3D buttons and coolies to the collective and will take a look if I could use some of my 3D gauge-frames I made for the MI-28, also in the KA50 cockpit.

For today the work is done goodnight yep

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 07/31/19 10:21 PM

not a good idea - Russia abandons Mi-35 and goes back to the model with 6 weapons pylons and retractable landing gear!
a better look at the Super hind

Yes, the retractable gear and the weapon-pylons really look better. I think I will make this model if I made the MI-28 and the new KA-52. I think they will still use the new cockpit avionics, they made for the MI-35.

I totally agree! I do not need a Hyper-realistic simulation , EECH is a simulator similar to Strike Fighters and I like it!

Strike Fighters Project 1 and 2 are an absolute must have for every aircraft fan. No other simulator offers such an endless amount of user made addon-aircraft.

Combat-Ace is the place to go for SFP1 and SFP2 addons. Sadly they want a little fee if you are going to download more then ten downloads a day or so, but its really worth it.
I have tons of SFP1-2 addon planes on my harddrives. There are so many types of aircraft, you never will see in any other simulator. The realism isn't really bad, the flight model feels realistic and the weapon systems are simple but good. Only modern weapons, after the 80's lack a bit in realism, but its ok overall.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/01/19 04:33 PM

So the cockpit itself is near finish. Only some minor things have still to be adjusted, mainly smoothness and the color of the windows.

I don't know if I get the gauge-frames done until the upload, cause it's not that easy as it may seem to add them. You have to exactly adjust them to the panels surface and the needles messyhead had made. This is very time-consuming, cause you always have to launch the game after you made adjustments. I think I will add them in a later update, cause I want to get further on the MI-28 also.

I think I will upload the cockpit this weekend. After this I will take a look at my external model of the KA-50 and finish it, so that the KA-50 is complete and I can fully switch to the MI-28.

Keep in mind that the external view of the cockpit matches my external version of the KA-50 (with two nose-sensors).

Something I want to ask the code-gurus here biggrin Is there any way to expand the head-movement in the cockpit? I made some details (eg. collective) you couldn't see in the cockpit in game, cause of the restricted head-movement.

Or is it just a simple adjust to the ECH.ini. I have searched for it but couldn't find anything, only the viewpoint and the angle of view.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/01/19 05:02 PM

One screen please how this look now wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/01/19 06:23 PM

Ok, some screens here biggrin

On the last picture you can see somethings still wrong with the color of the windows. They should all be light blue but the front windows and the upper one get no color.
I have to find out what's the reason for it. It has to do with the polys, but they are all set to the same parameters. Maybe a single or double-sided problem.
I will try to find the error and fix it.

P.S: Screens are made with 800x600, cause thats the only possibility to run in windowed mode I need to save the screenshots. Don't know why its limited to 800x600 in windowed mode, cause I think it was also possible in 1024x768 and even 1366x768 with windowed mode. Also something I have to find out.

Attached picture Cockpit-1.jpg
Attached picture Cockpit-2.jpg
Attached picture Cockpit-3.jpg
Attached picture Cockpit-4.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/01/19 06:43 PM

Great work smile in left window will be doors right?
yes probably you need flip glass surface.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/01/19 07:10 PM

Yes itcould even be animated, cause its a seperate part.

But this must be done by someone else.

All windows are one surface, so they are identical. Maybe this is the problem and I have to split them again in seperate surfaces.

Every window has two glasses, this makes a better effect for the armored glass. It looks more massive. The whole pit has two walls, one inside and one outside. I already made this back in 2017.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/01/19 07:28 PM

You very nicely balanced the background color all textures.and the initial material was really bad.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/01/19 09:29 PM

Ok, some screens here biggrin

I think with the right angle of view we should not see the HUD lens.
[Linked Image]

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/02/19 01:49 AM

Looking good Viper!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/02/19 08:49 AM

Looks good. I was thinking of trying to animate the door. THe ka52 cockpit that is based on, has animation, so it should be be able to be adapted.

Can I check that you swapped over the dashboard panel, for the straightened one I sent you?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/02/19 02:12 PM

Can I check that you swapped over the dashboard panel, for the straightened one I sent you?

Yes, the new pit is based on what you've sent me.

Ok guys, the KA-50 cockpit is finished! biggrin

For the download link go to the first mainpage of this thread. I will always upload my files there (or at any first page of one of my helicopter related threads eg. MI-28 etc.), cause its a lot easier to find than searching through the whole thread for an actual download link.

PLEASE can anyone fix the wipper in the cockpit! Its too far at the left. It has to be connected to the right front-window-frame. This must be fixed in the EES/LWS-file and I'm not able to do this. The LWO-file of the wipper which is realted to the LWS is 1D35.LWO.

All needed for the pit is in the 7-Zip file, you can delete the unnecessary old remaining textures in the KA-50 texture folder.

P.S: BTW while testing I've seen that the Europe map still has a bug, where you get a rotor collision at start, if the mission starts on a big airfield. This could not be fixed with my FARP-Fix.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/02/19 02:54 PM

Finally smile thank you Viper, really great work.
If possible please share lwo files, it will be easier for edit.
messyhead how are you with time? Is there a chance in the near future that you will make this door to be complete?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/02/19 03:47 PM

Look in your PM! Have also sent the link of the LWO-files to messyhead and javelin.

Have just seen that I deleted the original door-lwo. I will seperate it again from the cockpit hull, and make an extra LWO out of it, so it could be animated.

If I'm finished I will sent you all the link to it.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/02/19 04:57 PM

I also planned to upgrade the outside textures, when I'm working at the external model again. So see them just as a placeholder at the moment wink

I will take a look at the external model the next weeks, but I have a lot of other work also to do, so it could take a while...

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/03/19 04:58 AM

Thanks Viper, great work. I'll fix the wiper and upload the fixed version.

Banita, I'm slowly working on adding the lamps, but I was waiting for the final cockpit. So I'll carry on with that now.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/04/19 08:46 PM

hi, Viper! There are a few comments on the cockpit Ka-50:
1 - the pilot sits too high, so the edge of the HUD cover the SHKVAL (1), I should not see the lens of the HUD, but I see (2), the Central mark HUD is too low (3), although the gun in a stationary position should shoot at the mark, but it shoots much higher! The upper row of warning lights closes the shield (4)
[Linked Image]

2 - the gauge dials are too dark, can they be made brighter, like on the Mi-28? BTW, do you need the right gauges inscriptions in Russian? because I don't know what "БОЯ ALT" means!)
[Linked Image]

3 - also, the pilot sits too far back, and the armor plates cover a lot of view to the sides, there is no possibility of head strafe in the game, so the view will always be closed! On the external model, the pilot is located in the center of the side window, and in the cockpit - at the rear edge.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/04/19 09:04 PM

The pilot position is on my list to fix. I also need to fix the range that they can look around. It should be like it is in the Hind, but it's really restricted.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/04/19 09:18 PM

Ok, I just updated the pilot position, and this seems better. This is full zoomed out view, and a 90deg left and right view.

Attached picture IMAGE022.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE024.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE025.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/04/19 09:30 PM

Could someone try downloading this version of the cockpit, overwrite your files, and run the debug.exe?

I'm trying to get the gear lamps working. I can't see what's missing, but it won't work on my laptop. There's no lamps showing up, so I wonder if I have something caching.

Take off, and put the gear up and down and see if you get green or red lamps showing on the gear indicator.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Y1pa2EfZ4Zf3SzyNrJdHbGeZj4zAwAA/view?usp=sharing

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/04/19 10:29 PM

Ok, I just updated the pilot position, and this seems better. This is full zoomed out view, and a 90deg left and right view.
да, это намного лучше, но уже слишком низко!) можно попробовать что-то среднее?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/04/19 10:30 PM

Could someone try downloading this version of the cockpit, overwrite your files, and run the debug.exe?

I'm trying to get the gear lamps working. I can't see what's missing, but it won't work on my laptop. There's no lamps showing up, so I wonder if I have something caching.

Take off, and put the gear up and down and see if you get green or red lamps showing on the gear indicator.

I checked it! lamps do not work

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/04/19 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by bunik
да, это намного лучше, но уже слишком низко!) можно попробовать что-то среднее?

What? biggrin

I've fixed the range of view now as well, so it's the same as the Hind.

Originally Posted by bunik

I checked it! lamps do not work

Ok, thanks. I'll keep working on it.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/04/19 10:35 PM

I like this head position.certainly much better than the old ones.
For me also not work.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/04/19 10:38 PM

Ok, I've used google translate. I moved the position up and slightly more back. Redownload from the link above. This version also includes the fix to the view range.

Note, don't compare this with DCS. Our cockpit isn't as accurate, and the sizes aren't the same. For example, if we have the head in the correct position, turn round and look at the seat back and you'll see it seems quite low. Maybe the seat needs resized.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/05/19 11:47 AM

Ok, I've used google translate. I moved the position up and slightly more back. Redownload from the link above. This version also includes the fix to the view range.

Note, don't compare this with DCS. Our cockpit isn't as accurate, and the sizes aren't the same. For example, if we have the head in the correct position, turn round and look at the seat back and you'll see it seems quite low. Maybe the seat needs resized.

Yes, it is more correct option! Unfortunately, the geometry of the cockpit is different from the original, so it is difficult to get the right position. I hope some things can be changed in the future.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/05/19 12:05 PM

You mean geometry glare shield?Central down clonsole is wrong. Left console should be flat,but looks very good.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/05/19 01:14 PM

You mean geometry glare shield?Central down console is wrong. Left console should be flat,but looks very good.

Compared with DCS, the cockpit isn't the right shape. I found when I was experimenting with some DCS textures, that the UV map wouldn't fit the dashboard, so it's not an accurate size or shape. It's good enough, but there's some issues with it.
Some of the switches with the covers over them on the right panel are too big as well.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/05/19 02:47 PM

Yes, there isn't anything right in this cockpit biggrin

As I started with it in 2017, I just took what we already had and tried to make the best out of it. At first I only tried to fix the dashboard a little bit, but the project grows and grows.

At the end, I completely reworked the whole pit, what was never my intention as I started with it. My priority was always for the MI-28 and the KA-52. At the time I startet with the KA-50 it was only meant as a test if I could correct some things in 3D models at all. As said before I never had the aim to completely rework the whole pit, I just wanted to fix some small things. At the end the whole project became much bigger, than I ever had planned.

If we want an accurate pit, we have to start from scratch, but I think it's more important to do the other helos first. At least the MI-28 and the KA-52 should also be upgraded. My opinion is, that the KA-50 isn't so much important, cause if someone wants much more reality in this helicopter, he could use DCS's Blackshark.

But there is no option to fly a MI-28 or a KA-52 in any attack-helicopter simulation since the late 90's (Team Alligator the counterpart to Team Apache was one for the KA-52 / an relatively accurate simulation of the MI-28 doesn't exist at all, only some action simulators).

But those two helicopters (and the MI-24) are really in active service at the russian army, another reason to bring them to a good flyable state in EECH. The MI-24 should also be upgraded to use the gunner seat again. But thats only my opinion to that subject wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/05/19 02:58 PM

^^^^ AMEN yep
Your cockpit and textures is 1000x better than old cockpit.
Cant wait for havoc wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/05/19 03:04 PM

Thanks, Banita.

But it's still based on the work Soczkien had made and without him the KA-50 wouldn't even exist in EECH! That's something we should not forget at all.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/06/19 07:50 AM

Ok, now as the KA-50 cockpit is nearly finished, I will do some work at the external model and in parallel I'm also working at the MI-28 cockpit.

I will look if I could finish the external model for the KA-50N the next weeks, but sadly I have to do a lot of other RL things, too.

The MI-28N will definitely take a while. At the moment I have only two or three evenings a week I could work on it, and this cockpit appears to be much more complex as the one of the KA-50.

Here I really must start from scratch and also do two pits, one for the pilot and one for the gunner. The doors in the cockpit-hull (for animation) will also be a lot of work. The whole pit will be double-wall'ed again as the one of the KA-50 is. This looks much better at the windows and the door, if opened. At the moment I'm working on the hull (pilot and gunner) and the main panel for the pilot.

P.S: The KA-50 pit will also get a nicer looking external texture, if the fuselage is ready. At the moment the texture is real ugly. I will redo the UV-mapping and also use other textures for the external model that aren't so much dissorted. I have learned a bit more the last weeks and could now correct mistakes I made back in 2017 yep

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/06/19 06:18 PM

I'll need to take a short break from working on the cockpit lamps. I start a new job as a Java Test Engineer in a few weeks, so I need to scrub up on my Java knowledge, as I've been using Python recently.

I'll get back to it asap.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 12:00 PM

Hey messyhead,

I wish you success in your new job! thumbsup

No problem, I have also a lot of RL things to do the next time. I will still work further on at the KA-50 external and the MI-28, but also with reduced work input.

I think that I'm able to spent more time on it again from the end of October on. Sadly I have a lot of other things to do, that weren't planned and I also would like to finally finish my cockpit-room.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 05:41 PM

I added all missing switches
resize hud lens
added texture to hud frame.
i reupload all files for easy install.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JPYksQADfHDpjXc6ERRA4ohVRfH1A5PP/view?usp=sharing

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 06:31 PM

I added all missing switches
added texture to hud frame.

thank you very much for that!

resize hud lens

there's a problem here - this thing is too thick, too orange, too high!
for example, you can take the ILS Ka-52 - the lens should be lower than it is now, and it is almost not visible. Why not adapt it for the Ka-50? Ka-52 has more the correct HUD textures.
[Linked Image]

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 07:30 PM

" too orange"
Well, but Viper has hidden color blindness, like most guys and this is him color biggrin i know should be yellow.
I will change all what you want wink

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 08:08 PM

I editet my first post, check if you like this.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 09:00 PM

" too orange"
Well, but Viper has hidden color blindness, like most guys and this is him color biggrin i know should be yellow.
I will change all what you want wink

biggrin
I think, if do so as on Ka-52, then this will be very nice!
And one more thing - about Comanche
The glass of the left window of the pilot and the gunner has not a flat shape, but several polygons.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 09:17 PM

I editet my first post, check if you like this.

checked! I think this is better, but broke fix the position of the head from Messyhead.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 09:59 PM

I have changed nothing except the lens size.absolutely nothing so it's weird.
I'll check to make sure that something has not changed, but I doubt it.

edit nothng changed in geometry cockpit. Maybe you run old exe ?I have no idea.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 10:25 PM

I have changed nothing except the lens size.absolutely nothing so it's weird.
I'll check to make sure that something has not changed, but I doubt it.

edit nothng changed in geometry cockpit. Maybe you run old exe ?I have no idea.

did you take these files to change?
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4485107/re-ka-50-aio-reloaded#Post4485107

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/07/19 10:28 PM

But this is only test version I think for check working lamps. messyhead not release changed position version?,dont know. screwy
and even if, nothing has been changed in the cockpit, messyhead has to say if it's possible;)

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 06:04 AM

Hi Banita,

great work! Thank's for adding the missing switches. I also want to do this, but sadly have not much time at the moment.

For the point of view thing, I mean messyhead has also changed the view in his the lamp-test version, but I had no time to test it yet.

If you want a more yellow HUD-lens, you have to change the texture of the lens it self. It's in the k50_cockpit_2.tga. Just use a graphic-program and cut the HUD-lens part out, this makes it easier for adjusting the color. Most graphics-software have an option to adjust brightness, color-tone etc. After editing just copy and paste again to the k50_cockpit_2.tga. I only used the lens it self for the UV-map, not the frame arround.

The bmp-files aren't really used. I don't know why they are exist in many cockpits and so I also always made a bmp as backup, too. Maybe we could ask messyhead if the bmp's have any other use and if not we can delete them.

@bunik

And one more thing - about Comanche
The glass of the left window of the pilot and the gunner has not a flat shape, but several polygons.

To fix this you have to select all polygons of the window glass of the bugged windows and merge the polygons to one polygon. But be careful, this is only possible if the angles of the seperate polys aren't too different. If the difference is to big LW want merge them. For this case you have to flaten them before, but this could also have an impact to the whole fuselage!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 06:35 AM

I uploaded edited color hud lens,and also lwo file yesterday. But stil not understand why seat position is changed,no make sense imo.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 09:58 AM

To fix this you have to select all polygons of the window glass of the bugged windows and merge the polygons to one polygon. But be careful, this is only possible if the angles of the seperate polys aren't too different. If the difference is to big LW want merge them. For this case you have to flaten them before, but this could also have an impact to the whole fuselage!

thanks for the help, but I don’t know how to work with it!)

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 09:59 AM

I uploaded edited color hud lens,and also lwo file yesterday. But stil not understand why seat position is changed,no make sense imo.

you need to ask messyhead.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 11:11 AM

The position is set in the EES/LWS scene file. If you've overwritten that with an older one from the one I uploaded, then it will be wrong.

As for the lens, maybe it should be made to look like glass like the windows, as it is made of glass.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 11:48 AM

As for the lens, maybe it should be made to look like glass like the windows, as it is made of glass.
BTW, HUD Ka52 has a transparent lens.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 11:56 AM

I not edit lws file.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 12:02 PM

I'll combine the switches into the version I'm working on, and once the lamps are working, I'll create a release with all that in it. I'll correct the lens, pilot position, and the pedal and collective positions.

So don't worry too much just now about these things. It's all a work in progress.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 12:19 PM

Ok bunik i know what happen. Just copy all ees files from messyhead versjon to you folder,and will be work.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 01:03 PM

messyhead, BANITA - thank you, guys!)

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/08/19 09:20 PM

Viper curiosity old monitor mfd has ~8 polys.( i mean hokum kockpit mfd shkval )
You did 1 polygon mfd shape without any edges.
How you do that?
Because if you create from scratch mfd shape this not work in game, mfd not work.
old mfd surface you reduced the edges, and flattened the surfaces?
or another way?

Ok after long debate with myself biggrin i think you enlarge old mfd and extrude boolean new shape RIGHT???

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/09/19 02:40 PM

The key to making a new MFD functional is to name the MFD Object in the scene (the one you want to use for the MFD screen) the same as one of the MFD's in an existing helicopter. I don't know why we can't seem to create one from scratch. I've tried a dozen things, this is the only one that works. You could still use a 3D frame, it just can't be the same Object that makes up the screen.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/09/19 03:28 PM

I've been trying to fix the collective lever in the KA50. It was using the one from the Hokum, but it was in the wrong position. The trouble is, if I move it, then it adds that movement to the animation. I tried removing it completely, and adding a new object, and adding animation to rotate the arm up and down. But in game, it moves a tiny amount, not as much as in the scene.

Has anyone done anything with animation, and could explain how to get it working?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/09/19 04:06 PM

I looked at how the Hokum and Viper are animated, and in the scene it uses something called graph editor, which I've figured out is a way to control the movement. I'm going to have to learn this now, as when I try to convert the scene, I get errors about key frames I've never seen before.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/09/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Javelin
The key to making a new MFD functional is to name the MFD Object in the scene (the one you want to use for the MFD screen) the same as one of the MFD's in an existing helicopter. I don't know why we can't seem to create one from scratch. I've tried a dozen things, this is the only one that works. You could still use a 3D frame, it just can't be the same Object that makes up the screen.

I've just been having a read of the wiki about scenes. I might try out some of the tips in here later and see if it solves some issues I've been having.

http://eechcentral.simhq.com/index.php?title=3D_Scenes_internals

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/12/19 04:00 PM

I managed to work out the animation, and got the collective lever working.

For info, if you're using the Graph Editor in Layout, then you need to set the curve to Linear, and not TCB or else it looks for extra parameters, and I don't know what they should be. Linear seems simplest. Each key frame can have its own curve option. So although the wiki says TCB is allowed, I couldn't figure how it works.

On the plus side, I might now be able to figure out how to animate the door opening and closing.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/12/19 04:20 PM

I've combined all of the mods so far, and created a new thread with a link to a download for them

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4485939/updated-ka50-cockpit

I feel like the downloads were getting a bit lost in this thread.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/19/19 10:09 PM

I've been working on the lamps. It took a while to remember how to get them working, but I've now got the gear and rotor rpm lamps done.

I got distracted with trying to animate the gear lever, which I need to spend time working out, so it's not animated yet. I might try and bring across thealx's work on the clickable cockpits, as he made some simple way to animate things, like levers and switches, without having to enable clickable cockpits.

(ignore the stutter in the video. I had too many things open)

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/22/19 10:01 PM

messyhead why you not combine your Updated KA50 Cockpit with Javelin flir view?now it is not known what to install, and in what order to have both

I found 2 bugs i think
screen 1 when you switch to widescreen and change seat position to up, there is no visible hud.it is normal? probably in the older version hud was more visible.

and screen 2
in the middle of the hud there are darker letters, on the edges you can see brighter. now hud is much darker
than before

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 02:21 AM

I uploaded the FLIR mod to Master, so all you have to do is get it from there. Everything I've modded is up on Master, so any new releases can also include those changes.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 08:29 AM

I'm up to date with Master, so Javelin's changes should all be there, unless there's any textures he changed that I don't have.

This is all still a test build, so it's not really a release yet.

Can you check in the old version if the same thing happens? It might always have been a problem. I've not touched anything to do with the HUD. The darker HUD might be to do with the texture that's used to display it, so might be related to the work Viper did.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 08:38 AM

In older version you can move your head in all directions, and you can still see hud.something at display hud distance is wrong.
Btw your new seat position is GREAT .
Yes i think in darker hud is low luminosity.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 08:49 AM

I think i know what happen. viper moved whole cockpit(seat position) to back,and this messed With hud perspective.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 08:53 AM

I think i know what happen. viper moved whole cockpit to back,ind this messed With hud perspective.

I'm not sure what you mean with he moved the cockpit to back? It's in the same place in the scene as the old one.

Next I'm working on it, I'll try and see what's gone wrong.

Is Javelin's FLIR changes not working in the version I created?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 08:58 AM

Not working.
I think the position is slightly changed, and this already affects hud.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 09:00 AM

Not working.

I'll need to check whats going on then as his changes are included in my code.

I think the position is slightly changed, and this already affects hud.

I'll need to compare the old and new models then to see what's caused it.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 09:02 AM

I mean position changed in modeler,not scene smile Viper little changed position cockpit,and in scene is old view.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 09:03 AM

I've done the caution panel lamps now, or at least I've added them, and if I set them to on in the code, they all display. Some of them aren't lighting up when they should though, so they need a bit more investigating to fix them.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/23/19 10:26 PM

Ok after an hour rolleyes of testing I found the reason smile
set luminosity 100% no go
set transparency 100 no reflection no go
then I delete whole 3d hud, and still dark hud!and here I started thinking wtf?
and I removed the blue glass on the front and voila! normal pure hud.

now the question is what causes this problem because Viper set window reflections 20% transparency 93 luminosity glass 100%.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 08:37 AM

and I removed the blue glass on the front and voila! normal pure hud.

Yes, that's much better!

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 09:01 AM

That's good you got the HUD brighter. I couldn't recreate the issue you had in wideview mode. The HUD does move up, and I can see the top is cut off, so I need to change the default wideview position to match. But I'm not sure why you can't see the HUD.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 10:21 AM

I also did more tests, and it's ok, maybe it was some mess with the files,no idea.
I like how work stick and throttle. Slower than normal. You did greatwork with many things. Remove pilot is also good idea.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 10:58 AM

Ok, that's good.

So what exactly did you remove to make the HUD brighter, and I'll update it in my version.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 11:01 AM

Just remove front blue window.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 04:35 PM

We speaking about windows. Please say me , what tool i need for make this glass shape?
I have frame window and what next?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 06:04 PM

If you need to make it thicker, use extrude

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 06:26 PM

Ok extrude works smile but i dont know how make such glass?I have the shape of a cockpit with a window, I mark the edges of the window, and what tool fills the empty hole?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 08:50 PM

If you mean to cut a hole, you need boolean subtract. You'll need to find a youtube tutorial, as it's difficult to explain, and I always use trial and error to make it work.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 08:51 PM

If you mean to make it see through, you change the surface transparency

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 08/26/19 09:25 PM

Thank you cheers

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 09/01/19 06:11 PM

messyhead please if you have a break because of work, release what you did, if everything works.
If not, please release exe with Javelin flir mod.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 09/03/19 06:09 PM

Hi. My work has been full on busy, so I've not had much time to even switch my laptop on.

Can someone else confirm the issue you're having with the FLIR, as my code includes Javelins fix. I also couldn't recreate your HUD issues.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 09/03/19 09:24 PM

Hud is fixed, for Flir I just use your scene file, and Javelin version, and this works.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 09/04/19 06:34 PM

Can show me a screenshot between my version and Javelin? I don't know what would be different as my code includes Javelins code.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 09/04/19 06:41 PM

In your version not working flir . Javelin version has old scene file, and is old seat position.
I just copy KA50_COCKPIT.EES from your latest release to Javelin mod, and all works.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 09/08/19 08:40 AM

I'm still not sure what the issue is with the FLIR. I took two screenshots, one with my build and my scene, and one with Javelin's test16 build, and my scene. Both FLIR look identical.

My build includes all of Javelins code changes for FLIR and other things.

So until I know what's wrong with your FLIR, I don't know what to start trying to fix. I'm also a little reluctant to investigate based on just your setup, seeing as I can't recreate it, so it would be good if someone else could test it.

Attached picture flir_with_my_build.jpg
Attached picture flir_with_javelin_test16.jpg

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 09/08/19 10:46 AM

Ok i delete files,and install your version , im also wondering whats going on.

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 09/08/19 10:52 PM

Good news flir works.
But

When i run your exe i have 3 x less fps ingame.

In Javelin version all is ok. Normal fps.
In your pack there is no Javelin files (dyn and others)so what's the order of the installations? First Javelin , and next your?

Re: KA-50 AIO Reloaded - 09/08/19 11:16 PM

Javelin did a commercial build, and my one is a debug build, so I think that causes the FPS to drop as it's doing a lot of logging in the background.

You'll need Javelins dyn and other files so use those, and my exe file.

I'll hopefully get some more lamps working this week, and then I'll do a commercial build.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums