homepage

MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error

Posted By: Viper1970

MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 12:04 PM

Hello,

yesterday I installed EECH Allmods 1.16.1 again to experiment a bit with my homepit. I installed the GOG version of Apache Havoc and after this the GOG version of Comanche Hokum.

I installed both games to the same mainfolder (don't use the proposed path - make an own folder e.g. EECHALL and install both to this folder), cause the subfolders (APHAVOC/COHOKUM) are created by the setup itself. First startet EEAH to decompress and then EECH.
The known problem of the missing needles in the Havoc Cockpit doesn't appear this way. All is running perfect.

But after installing EECH Allmods there are no more needles in the Havoc Cockpit and they are also missing in the rest of the russian helicopters, which use gauges of the Havoc. Take a closer look in the Hind cockpit and you will see that a needle is missing in one of the analog gauges.

I know that this problem is already known, but I think it has to be fixed. EECH Allmods makes the game much more realistic, but how realistic is a cockpit without useable instruments? frown In the Havoc no single gauge is working, with exception of the artificial horizon and the compass. The cockpit is totally useless.

I'm trying to find the problem and maybe if its only a missing graphic file or something else I can fix it, but if it has to do with coding I'm not able to do so, because I believe for this you need the source code and much more important you have to have the knowledge to do so hahaha

It must be a problem with the EECH Allmods setup, because with both games installed in a plain GOG installation the needles appear in Comanche Hokum in the Havoc pit. Don't know which was the last version of Allmods which hadn't that problem, because it's long time ago, but I know that it already appeared and then was fixed again.

EDIT: I know that you did not have to install EEAH with 1.16.1, but with only EECH installed and then Allmods it's the same, so I decided to install the combination of both games first, to see if this will fix the problem.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 01:10 PM

O.k. found something!

If you go to the folder "Install Folder/cohokum/3ddata/objects" of a patched to Allmods installation, there are subfolder with the name e.g. "ah-64d-cockpit". For all flyables with a cockpit this "xx-xxxx-cockpit" subfolder exists. Only for the Havoc no such folder is here!

If you look in such a folder, e.g. "mi-24v-pilots-cockpit" you can see files that have to do with the gauge-needles for helicopters with analog gauges. In this Hind-folder for example the "mi24v_rpm_needle1.eeo" file.

I think the folder "xx-xxxx-cockpit" of the Havoc is simply missing. This effects in the Havoc cockpit has completely no needles and all helos which need files of this folder, because they are used for other cockpit too, have some missing needles in the associated gauges.

EDIT: Don't know if this is really the problem. The original helos seems all not to have such a folder. Exeption is the AH-64D, but this cockpit was also modified. I do my best to find what the problem is. I hope someone who was involved in Allmods can take a look at it too. It's really sad if this will never be fixed and the problem already remains now for such a long time.
Posted By: thealx

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 01:36 PM

Hi! Long time passed since I did work on the EECH last time but I can share with some details about this issue.
Unfortunately, I don't remember exact moment when it appear - it was reported in the middle of 1.15.2 development. I don't think it's missing texture/model issue but code problem - for some reason, native EEAH textures won't loading anymore. As example - if you install EECH 1.15.0 and EEAH, instruments will work properly. After installing latest 1.15.2 on top of it - Havoc instruments doesn't work anymore.
It can be result of some of my changes in the cockpits code, or Firebird's changes in the rendering code (first one is most likely). Anyway, can't see a reason for you to waste your time with files replacements. I may be wrong, of course.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 01:49 PM

O.k. that makes things a bit clearer. Is there any chance to fix it? Could I help to do so? I'm no coder but I would do my best!

I really like EECH Allmods so much and it's with exception of DCS (which has not really interesting helicopter modules in case of combat) the only realistic attack helicopter simulation we have, so it should not have such a great bug.

Nothing is perfect I know, but this isn't a small bug, I think. In a simulator the instruments in the cockpit are essential.

I know EECH isn't that popular anymore, but I hope it will never die!!! It's absolutely worth to still work on it!

Those days we have not much combat sims to choose from and most of them are survivors which the community stays alive. EECH has a special status of all this survivors, cause it's the last real combat helicopter simulation you could get.

I hope it could be something like Falcon BMS is for jet fighter sims!

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 04:13 PM

Did you install EEAH inside of EECH directory? It is required to make Havoc instruments work, and I remember it did work for 1.15.0

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 06:51 PM

Did it again biggrin !

I deleted my previous posts, because they are now not relevant anymore, since even 1.15.2 is running perfect! Even with the so called 1.15.2 Fix 5!
Complete Havoc cockpit without errors and all the lights and needles. The Hind has also all gauges complete.

Only thing happend to me, after applying the Fix 5, I wasn't able to change the resolution higher then 1024x768. All higher resolutions crashed the game.

The missing needles and lights (as I tested the old versions, I have seen that also some light are burning in the cockpit and the torque bands are displayed - which isn't in 1.16.0) must be a problem with the version 1.16.0 or the new 1.16.0 with the already integrated Fix 1. I will take a look if I have the 1.16.0 setup, which hasn't the integrated Fix 1, to see if this version is already buggy or not.

But it's definitely a problem above the version 1.15.2 Fix 5 !!! Maybe a DX9 problem, because as far as I know all until 1.16.0 had DX7.
Posted By: XIII

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 07:09 PM

???? rolleyes
in 1.16 havoc gauges is disabled by thealx, and it is not a bug wink
Such a post anyway I remember

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 07:17 PM

What? Have I missed something? And for what should this be good? But I posted with him and he didn't mention something about a willful deactivation.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 07:20 PM

There was such a post somewhere that it specifically turned off due to errors.
Unless I misunderstood his post here.
You have good knowledge about eech , nice;)

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 07:53 PM

Only a little bit. I collect flight sims since the early 90's and have really all of them.

I also have a lot of old updates and patches. Nearly about 6TB. That's why I remember a lot of this older stuff.

Flight simulation and especially combat flight sims are my live pilot biggrin

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 08:05 PM

This is two of us;)But now just only eech.Bms is great but needs a lot of time.dcs not exist for me piece of #%&*$#.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by blackshark
???? rolleyes
in 1.16 havoc gauges is disabled by thealx, and it is not a bug wink
Such a post anyway I remember

No, I didn't. I was surprised that they dissapear same as anyone else. it is true that some discussion was around this problem, but I don't really remember it's content t. somewhere in the 1.16 release topic I think.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 08:18 PM

Yes! I built a cockpit at the moment and want especially to have those two, BMS and EECH Allmods, running. They are top of the notch of all combat sims!

I have DCS also but didn't like is so much. Not much interesting modules. I hope we get the F/A-18C this year, and maybe the F-14B and the AV-8B. I love the Huey, but it's not a real combat helo. And no dynamic campaign.

A simulation I also love is Strike Fighters Project 1 and 2. So much good aircraft were made of the community for this sim. And then there is also IL-2 1946, which also has real good mods.

I think BMS, EECH, SFP2 and IL-2 1946 are the best combat flight sims which have ever seen the light of day.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 08:20 PM

Ok now is all clear.Maybe viper will find something new in this topic.

"I think BMS, EECH, SFP2 and IL-2 1946 are the best combat flight sims which ever seen the light of day."
AMEN .

But for me the first place eech forever;)

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 08:34 PM

@ thealx

I have installed 1.15.2 Fix 5 and 1.16.1 parallel now. I will take a look at differences and maybe I can find something missing, but if you are right and it has to do with the code itself I couldn't help to fix it.

Will be a "trial and error" experiment this night biggrin. But EECH Allmods is worth everything!!!

I will stay alive with a bucket full of coffee stirthepot

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/08/17 09:52 PM

Something that came to my mind:

until 1.16.0 (1.12.3 --> 1.15.2) you always had to install EEAH for all gauges to function. This was told in every setup guide I have.

with 1.16.0 this changed! The setup guide told you that it's not necessary to install EEAH anymore.

So something in EECH Allmods 1.16.0 (respectively 1.16.0 Fix 1) must have changed, the way the needed files from the EEAH install are already included in Allmods itself.

Maybe it was missed somewhere in a file to point to the direction those files are, or those files never made it in the new version, cause someone had forgoten about it. Now this false "config" is in the game and therefore it searches on a wrong place, even if you have EEAH installed.

It's just an idea but maybe....

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/09/17 01:14 AM

O.k.

I found the part which creates the error. It's the Clickable Cockpit impovement 3.0, equal to Allmods version 1.15.4 (haven't tested 2.0, but will do so tomorrow).

This lets me deductive reasoning that 1.16.0 must be based on 1.15.4. Don't know why the Blackhawk-Cockpit then isn't included in 1.16.0, cause it was already in 1.15.4.

Till version 1.15.2 Fix 5 all is o.k. What exacly changed in 1.15.4 (Clickable Cockpit 3.0) and makes the needles and warning lights in the Havoc dissapear I couldn't find out. Will also try tomorrow or the next days. Would be nice if anyone who was involved in the creation of 1.15.4 or 1.16.0 could take a look at it.

Now it's time to go to bed goodnight

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/09/17 01:12 PM

Have tested Clickable Cockpit impovement 2.0 aka 1.15.3 and this seems to be the first which is faulty. No more needles and no warning lights in the Havoc.

So it's the cockpit improvement, which creates those errors. All versions since 1.15.3 have it!

It seems that the last relative bugfree version is 1.15.2 Fix 5, but it has the problem with the helicopters (especially the MI-28) wrong placed at the FARP, so that the tailrotor collides with the boundary around the helipad. Only solution is to deactivate collisions, but that's not really good if you want to have realism.

So let's see:

- 1.15.2 Fix 5 buggy

- 1.15.3 buggy

- 1.15.4 buggy

- 1.16.0 buggy

- 1.16.1 also buggy

We have not one version which is relatively bug free. With bug free I mean bugs, which you can see in the first hour you testfly the sim. I think this is something which has to be fixed. It's a complex sim and errors can occour, but totally useless instruments in a helicopter is a nogo.

I think, even if no one has the desire to improve this mod furthermore, those bugs should be solved. In my opinion the best version is 1.15.4, cause it has the blackhawk already in and only the MI-28 cockpit error, which can be resolved.

If this mod should die, I think the best downloadable version should be a fixed 1.15.4 not the 1.16.1. Who needs DirectX9? If it shouldn't die, those errors have to be fixed first, instead of making new content. But after over one year of knowing the MI-28 bug and no one cares about it I think this mod is sadly dead frown .

That's just my two cents

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/09/17 02:57 PM

Clickable cockpits is a fork, not base. Other words - some "feature" was added same time in 1.15.3 and 1.16.0
Btw, 1.16 contain a lot of multiplayer fixes, not just rendering code changes.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/09/17 03:29 PM

Dx9 is also better performance.
My two cents critical bugs on 116- game freeze between change menus. Many people report this.
And. Probably not working difficulty level changer. Always is hard.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/09/17 06:10 PM

The problem must be in the EXE of 1.15.3 / 1.15.4 itself, because nothing else wich has to do with the Havoc has been changed with this update. If this problem is found, I think we can also fix 1.16.1.

I have no way to examine this, because I have no source code and I'm no programmer.

If I had the ability to fix it I would do so. I've done what I can do with my limited knowledge.

I never understood why so many projects (mods) never get fixed. There is always a tendency to make far to much new content and options but this mostly will never finished or bugfixed. After a while the people who made it lost the interest or had not the time anymore to work on it and that's it.

All what remains is a sample of what could be, but it's often not really useable or has too many bugs. I think smaller changes which are always tested and fixed before any new content would be much better. This way, if nobody has the desire or the time to work on it, we still have something that can be used further.

I'm a simulation fan since the late 80's and have seen so many really promissing projects dying, but nowadays we only have those mods to keep the hobby we all share alive. The game industry has no interest anymore in building complex simulations, so the modding of old sims is all what remains. That's why I think that such great projects should not stay in a buggy condition.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/09/17 06:32 PM

The only problem is simply the free programmer time.A few years ago thealx spent more than a year on its patches and improvements.
Introduced hundreds of new amazing things.
for it we have to be grateful forever.Free time has ended, many projects
Was infinite frown such a life.same Little is missing to working avionics arneh frown
New people are gone. we have to hope that it will be better.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/10/17 12:21 PM

Yes, we have to hope. I will do my best to help, as long as I can do it with my restricted knowledge.

I have made a fix for 1.15.2 Fix5 ( something like 1.15.2 Fix6 biggrin ) which fixes the tail rotor collision with the FARP of some helos, mostly the MI-28. Had mentioned this here in the forum 2015. 1.15.2 Fix5 because it's the last version with a fully functional MI-28 cockpit.

I was told that the cockpit improvement upgrade 1.15.4 has this already fixed, so I looked in the cohokum\3ddata\objects\FARP folder of 1.15.2 Fix 5 and replaced those file with the same of 1.15.4. Attention, do not copy the whole folder of 1.15.4, because it has many new files in which aren't there in 1.15.2 Fix 5!
Replace only the existing once!

Now you have a completely working copy of 1.15.2 Fix 5 in which the MI-28 Havoc can be flown with a fully operational cockpit. Sadly the cockpit improvement version 1.15.4 has already the cockpit bug of the Havoc. That's the only drawback of this version, because on the other side it already has the Blackhawk cockpit included.

So at the moment I will stay with 1.15.2 Fix5 and my own bugfix to fly the russian helos and use 1.15.4 to fly the US helos.

EDIT: O.k forget it. I have at least 10 times tested it before I postet this solution. Now I wanted to look after other bugs I can fix, startet 1.15.2 Fix6 (my fix) again with the Europe Map, and think what happend - tail rotor collided with the boundary, because the helicopter is again rotatet 90 degrees wrong at the helipad! Don't know why it worked before. I think the placing of the helo is only luck.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/10/17 12:54 PM

If you are experiencing problem with FARP collisions in any version, just remove cohokum\3ddata\objects\FARP\FARP_MAT.EES and FARP_MAT_GREY.EES files. no need to replace anything.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/11/17 07:37 AM

Thanks thealx,

will try this. Have already tried the solution you give me in 2015 again, but this crashes the game:

hello. problem is in original FARP files - some landing pads there has twisted heading angle. changing these files cause lost of compatibly with save files and multiplayer sessions so this fix will be included only in future versions (it's already in Cockpits improvement mod). you can try to replace collision object with EMPTY.EEO from mi-24v-pilots-cockpit - copy it in FARP folder and name it properly, it should disable collision calculations with barrier object.

I hope that there will be a version in future with the tail rotor problem, the MI-28 cockpit fixed and already has the Blackhawk in. Something like a final realease 1.16.2 biggrin .

By the way, is there a solution in 1.16.1 with messyheads Blackhawk conversion to fix that pilot stick before the cockpit window bug?

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/11/17 08:58 AM

Another question. Is there any way to use another program for editing 3D than Lightwave? This one is really expensive and I only want to play a little with 3D to learn it a bit.

What's about blender?

P.S: Thanks Thealx, your solution does work! But now the FARP looks a little sparse, so I had the idea to make the boundaries arround the helipad a little bit larger. That way, if the helo is in the wrong direction, it's large enough to always have a space between the tail rotor and the boundary.

Don't know if I can do it with my limited knowledge (have edited some models for the FS9 back those days with gmax, nothing great only a few adaptations) but I want to try it.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/11/17 09:38 AM

All existing converters support Lightwave only, so it's only one that can work with EECH objects without additional manipulations. To load object via LW it has to be converted to LWO/LWS, then - after your edits, converted back to EEO/EES, special utilities available for that.
It has one month trial as I know, it will be enough to play for a while.

btw, as an option collision object of the barrier should be made not like a box, but a fence (outside). so it still will work as defense, but not cause problem with tail rotor collision.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/11/17 10:46 AM

O.k. will look if I can do something, but I also have not so much time the next weeks, cause real life catches me also.

The problem is, that it will take much longer for me to do such fixes, if I'm even able to do so with my knowledge, than anyone who was involved in the original modding team. So one month couldn't be enough time.

I could also only fix the 3D thing if even anything. That makes only 1.15.2 Fix5 running.

If I really could do something, I would like to do and spent a lot of time on it, I would focus on version 1.15.4, cause there is the Blackhawk and the clickable cockpits already in, only the MI-28 instruments are missing. In my opinion it's the best version we have at the moment.

O.k. 1.16.1 has multiplayer and graphics updates, but no Blackhawk and the MI-28 isn't also useable. As far as I have read here at the forum there aren't much multiplayer sessions at the moment. So it's only the DirectX upgrade which makes 1.16.1 a step above at the end. Don't missunderstood, I would really like to see a 1.16.2 but I don't believe in that.

Have already tried to see what causes the problem with the missing pit in the MI-28, but as I said before the problem must be the cohokum.exe itself. I have compared the files of 1.15.2 Fix5 and 1.15.3/4, which are the first versions making the cockpit error and there is nothing changed to the aphavoc folder or anything additional new related to the MI-28. The only thing in my conclusion, which could create this problem must be the cohokum.exe itself.

Maybe there was some advice to the files needed for the Havoc cockpit lost in this exe. As you mentioned 1.15.3/4 fork and 1.16.0 developed in parallel and maybe shared some code, so this error is in both versions of the game.

I have tried to look with a hexeditor in those exe files (cause I have done so with some older sims I have and was sometimes able to fix things) , to see any advices to the aphavoc folder, but there are too many things I do not understand. There seems to be imaginary folder links to things that stored in memory when the game is running or something else I really did not understand.

Is anyone still working on 1.16.1 to fix or even upgrade it? Would there be a real chance to see a 1.16.2? If yes, than it makes no sense for me to try to make a fixed version of 1.15.4, but if the mod is dying I want to have a version which is useable and has the most content in. If it's dying multiplayer makes anyway no sense then.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/11/17 12:58 PM

What Fix you want make in lightwave? All fixes need work in code,not lw.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/11/17 01:35 PM

Don't know what really makes the most sense. From what I've seen and I hadn't the time to flew all the missions, so maybe there are other bugs too, I think it's 1.15.4 which makes the most sense to be fixed, because of the already fixed tail rotor bug and the Blackhawk cockpit which is also useable.

If the clickable cockpits are really complete functional, I don't know. I hadn't the time to fly the last years, cause of my work. Now as things get more calm in my life, I spent a lot of time in my dream of the past twenty years, my home cockpit. I always wanted to use the pit with helicopters too, that's why I tried EECH Allmods a bit the last time, to see what systems are realizeable in my homepit.

At this testing I realized that many things, which I was able to see the first 10 minutes I tried it out are buggy. I understand that this is a mod and the people who made it have also a real life, but what I couldn't understand is that they have spent so many hours, weeks, month, years to make it and now leave it in this state.

What I think has to be done, is to fix the bugs that are apparently in the first ten minutes you play the game, like the not working pit of the M-28 or the tail rotor collision. There maybe some more bugs in missions or something else, but here you can fly other missions. What is a helicopter good for in a simulation if I can not use any instrument in it's cockpit, or couldn't even takeoff at all because of the tail rotor damage?

I think this bugs could be fixed in a not so much time costly work and I also think that EECH allmods really deserves it, so it has an acceptable state for retirement.

As things stay at the moment, you not even could use many of the different helos in the game.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/11/17 02:44 PM

Most bugs from 115 are fixed in 116.you find one bug in 116 not working gauges,and you want back to 115 and lost hundreds new things and fixes. Imo no make sense,but is your choice wink

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/11/17 03:43 PM

The not working gauges is a huge big bug for me cause I like the MI-28 as much as I like the Apache. Never was a fan of the Hokum with it's tandem rotor system.

I don't know any other sim you could fly the MI-28 in combat. In FSX only without combat and the only other sim which ever had it was Gunship!, which also was never really finished.

In the case of Gunship they made a promissing simulation to an acrcade shooter, to conform the new action shooter kiddies generation. After this Microprose never brought any new sim to the market and then got bankrupt.

I don't understand what the big problem is to fix those gauges. It's already known since two and a half years and as I said, the problem must be in the exe of 1.15.4 or also of 1.16.1. Nothing related to the Mi-28 gauges respectively to the needed Aphavoc folder was changed. You could see it if you open the setup archive with the use of 7zip. So it can only be a missing advice or something else in the cohokum.exe. By the way it effects also the Mi-24 Hind cause it does use some instruments of the Havoc.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/11/17 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Viper1970

I don't understand what the big problem is to fix those gauges. .

Again - no time(i think)

I also love mi28 and made little rework
, but without code is useless at this moment.

Attached picture IMAGE052.jpg

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/12/17 09:37 AM

Wow this looks really amazing!!!

The Mi-28 was always one of my favorite helos since I saw it the first time. Probably I like it more than the Apache. The only one that comes above is the good old AH-1F Cobra with the flat canopy, but this version isn't implemented in the game.

Hope that someone who has the code could fix the gauges and lights problem, and you can get the code that we will see this amazing cockpit you made in the game somewhere in future!

I have at least tried to find it problem, but as said before I think it must be the exe file itself. I'm no coder and I also have not the code, but even if I had the source code it wouldn't help much cause my knowledge of programming is only a very little bit in VB nope

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/12/17 04:18 PM

Great helicopter.
Fortunately on yt you can find many new cam footage.A few years ago it was impossible.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/12/17 06:26 PM

O.k. have compared the cohokum.exe of the different versions of the game with a hex editor and found out that this part is missing in all versions above 1.15.2 Fix5, which was the last the version with the working MI-28 gauges.

The missing part in those files (1.15.3 to 1.16.1) is the part between the quotes:

.... Operational State %s.task.ALL.NONE.%d .-%d- %s (%d) %s. <---..{.®Gáz„?:Œ0âŽy5>......Y@\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\COCKPITS\.
\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\COCKPITS\APACHE\LEVEL1\.\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\COCKPITS\APACHE\LEVEL2\.\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\COCKPITS\APACHE\LEVEL3\.\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\COCKPITS\HAVOC\LEVEL1\.\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\COCKPITS\HAVOC\LEVEL2\.\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\COCKPITS\HAVOC\LEVEL3\.\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\UI\APACHE\.\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\UI\COMMON\.\COHOKUM\GRAPHICS\UI\HAVOC\.
\COMMON\MAPS\MAP1\GRAPHICS\.\COMMON\MAPS\MAP2\GRAPHICS\.\COMMON\M ....

This looks like it has to do with a link to the original old EEAH cockpit files of the havoc and also the apache. Maybe this is the problem, but I'm no programmer.

I know the M-28 cockpit isn't perfect, even with the working gauges, because it's the only helo which still has no gunner position (except the KA-50 which is a single seater), but a still not very accurate pit with working gauges and warning lights is much better than nothing.

If there will be an accurate cockpit in the future ( e.g. the one blackshark has made ) with a working gunner, i think it's not required anymore to link to this old folders from EEAH.
Maybe that's the reason why this link isn't existing anymore in the new versions. Probably it was planed to make a complete new realistic Mi-28 cockpit, but this was never finished or implemented.
Posted By: messyhead

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/13/17 08:37 PM

Again - no time(i think)

That looks cool. Did you do the cockpit yourself? Could you send me the files? I'd like to do this as my next project, as I always wished the MI28 had a 3d cockpit.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/14/17 08:00 PM

yes thats my work. I Pm you, I have to change two three textures.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/14/17 08:43 PM

Viper1970, I have update on your issue.

Havoc cockpit instruments was disabled in sake of D3D9 conversion, I can guess because it using outdated functions to draw gauges and lamps. I am not capable to alter rendering functions so can't propose any easy fix. Only solutions I see - totally remake instruments for the old cockpit adding scripts in the code and objects in the cockpit scene, or do the same for new cockpit scene.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/15/17 08:29 AM

Hello thealx,

thanks for your reply. I think if blackshark and messyhead are working on a new cockpit, it doesn't make sense to fix it. I only had the fear that EECH Allmods maybe dying and if this had been the case I thought that the biggest errors had to be fixed before retirement.

But now things look a bit more promising. I hope that the modding at Allmods goes on, cause it's the best and only helicopter combat sim we have. I also believe, that even if someone else will make a new one, we will never see as much different major combat helos in it, as EECH Allmods has.

I bet, if it will even happen, it will be only an Apache, but never again a Kiowa, Comanche, Blackhawk or a Havoc, but I have still not heared of any plan from any developer to make a new realistic combat helo sim.

The only chance to see anything new at the moment is DCS, but this lacks the dynamic campaign and every module needs about seven years to hit the shelves. The most modules aren't very interesting and in case of their extremly realism and the required information to do so, it's relatively unlikely to see any interesting combat helicopter module in the near future. How long had it taken to make the F/A-18C module and in my opinion we will not see it even this year.

I hope EECH Allmods can be the counterpart to falcon bms for us rotorheads. It's definitely worth it!!!

P.S: In my opinion there are four combat flying simulations that should never die and are really worth to still work on them. It's EECH Allmods, Falcon BMS, Strike Fighters Project 2 and IL-2. This way we combat flight simulation lovers can still go on with our hobby. The developers have not much interest in this genre (if even, at most in WWII combat) cause it's to complex for the new cell phone or ipad generation, but if those simulations stay alive, you could really fly everthing you ever want in a realistic way.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/17/17 01:02 AM

O.k. after many hours of testing and looking at all files of the different versions, I was able to find the problem for the missing needles in the gauges, the non functional warning lights and torque indicator in the Mi-28 Havoc, but I'm not able to fix it.

The error occurs, because in all cohokum.exe files of any version later than 1.15.2 Fix5 the pointer to the files which are in .....\aphavoc\graphics\cockpits\apache and .....\aphavoc\graphics\cockpits\havoc is definitely missing. I don't now why it was deleted in the later versions but it is missing.

You could easily check this with the use of notepad++ and the option "find in files". Take one of the compressed RLE files out of the level1, level2 or level3 folders e.g. D20_L30.RLE and put it without the extension in the search tag.

In cohokum.exe of 1.15.2 Fix5 (which is the last with a functional Havoc cockpit) you get a search result. In all later versions the pointers to those RLE files are missing. If you search in a hexeditor (also without the file extension RLE) you get a result in 1.15.2 Fix5, that is looking like this "D20_L30..PSD.RLE". That's why I told not to use the RLE extension, cause in the executeable itself it appears in the code as PSD.RLE.

If you now make the cross check and remove the folders "apache" and "havoc" from the path ".....\aphavoc\graphics\cockpits\" from a 1.15.2 Fix5 installation, you could exactly replicate the error that occurs in all the later versions from 1.15.3 to 1.16.0Fix1. So not the folders or any files are missing, but simply the pointer to use those RLE files in the directories of Aphavoc isn't existend in the cohokum.exe.

Maybe that it was planed to make a new cockpit for the Hokum, which didn't need those old RLE files from EEAH or it was planed to put them to another place in the Allmods setup itself, because I remember that it was told atleast for the version 1.16.0, that you didn't need EEAH installed anymore.

But this is the case the Mi-28 cockpit has no more working instruments. I don't know if there are really plans for a new more realistic Havoc pit, but if not, maybe someone who has the source code could fix this error that we have a working pit for all helos again.

P.S: The error even occours if you only delete the apache directory and leave the havoc at its place. The RLE files in those directories are nearly identical and maybe only the apache-directory is needed, but I'm no coder and you aren't able to see exactly how things are working in the cohokum.exe, if you only could use a hex editor for opening it.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/17/17 06:16 AM

I did tell you actual reason, sorry to hear that you are still wasting time on the issue. I have only advice for you - if you really want it to be fixed keep digging in the source code instead of compiled file, I believe you have enough skills to make some experiments and get chance to succeed.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/17/17 07:03 AM

Comparing files no have any sense..here quote for you
Havoc cockpit instruments was disabled in sake of D3D9 conversion, I can guess because it using outdated functions to draw gauges and lamps.

This need huge work in code.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/17/17 08:50 AM

@thealx

I don't know if it was deliberately deactivated in 1.16.0 but you mentioned

Clickable cockpits is a fork, not base. Other words - some "feature" was added same time in 1.15.3 and 1.16.0
Btw, 1.16 contain a lot of multiplayer fixes, not just rendering code changes.

and as I said the not working Mi-28 cockpit is already in 1.15.3. So I thought it's a bug which came with that version and find it's way a long the later versions too.

As far as I know, because 1.15.3 was only a fork, it has no D3D9 features implemented, so the reason that the graphics were omited for incompatibility problems does not make sense for 1.15.3 to 1.15.4.

I think it was lost in 1.15.3 and as you said some things were used in 1.16.0 at the same time, this error is in this version too. Maybe in 1.16.0 it would make problem, but not in 1.15.3 or 1.15.4.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/17/17 09:09 AM

sorry to hear that you are still wasting time on the issue
has only one reason, I really love this helo and I'm not able to do 3D so that I could help to make a realistic pilot and gunner cockpit.

The only thing I could do is making some new textures after photos of the pit I've seen in the web and this is what I wanted to do.

On the other side it doesn't make sense to make the cockpit look a bit more realistic if the instruments aren't working at all. If someone is working at this cockpit I'm really wasting time, but if not I wanted to have a working version, that assumed I'm really able to fix it, then would share with the community of course.

But as the things stood at the moment I do not believe that I could fix it with my knowledge and on the other side there maybe also needed some software, I do not have.

Is anyone working at a new version? Never heared anything about this, except that blackshark had also made only some new textures for it. I couldn't see clearly at the picture he was posting if there is any new 3D also. Clicking on it doesn't do anything at my laptop, but this is a problem I knew and have to fix the next days too biggrin .

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/17/17 04:20 PM

Wow this looks really amazing!!!
------------------------------------------------

I couldn't see clearly at the picture he was posting if there is any new 3D also. Clicking on it doesn't do anything at my laptop, but this is a problem I knew and have to fix the next days too biggrin .

rolleyes ........screwy
http://imgur.com/a/fnMry

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/17/17 08:02 PM

Yes, now I can see a bit more details! (have to fix this soon, I think its the firewall, antivirus or even the browser itself which blocks the pictures. Never had this before, but I had no desire to fix it the last few days)

Is a gunner also planed?

Which version of the Mi-28 is it. I have a picture with the Mi-28N and the black cockpit which has the warninglights-block at the right side of the pit and has also 2 MFD's. Are there different versions of the black cockpit? I wondered about this, as I had also choosen to make a black one, but the only layout I've seen on the web with one MFD is the blue cockpit.

As I said I'm only able to do a bit texture work, so if I had made a pit, it had been only a bit retexturing. No 3D and no second MFD or something else.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 08/17/17 09:23 PM

Have to declare a bit. I'm no modder and never was one. I have learned all of my electronics and software knowledge by myself.

I'm a fan of all kind of military aircraft since I was a young boy.

I wasn't able to get a pilot here in the German Luftwaffe, because of compassionate grounds (have started the education, but than my father needed me in his company) all what was left, was the flight simulation. Back those days I started with this hobby, you have to know how to configure your computer to get any of the simulations running.

That was the beginning of my interest in computers which quickly became my second hobby. I always had the dream of a real cockpit, you could sit in and have a bit more realistic feeling. I buit the first home cockpit back in 1998 and could never finish it, because of to much work and other throwbacks in my life.

Now since the last three years I have a bit more time but a very small budget, so I have two make most of the home cockpit completely by myself. Even most of it's parts and the electronics. I couldn't buy precast elements, so I spent a lot of time on the pit.

It was still ever clear that I want to fly military jets and attack helicopters with this cockpit. In my earlier days I liked fighter jets the most, but as I get older helicopters became more and more interesting to me. Now I more captivated in the helos.

I bought EEAH and later EECH at the time they hit the shelfes and observed Allmods nearly it's beginning, but had never the time to really fly it. Since I saw Allmods it was also clear that this is the combat helicopter simulation I want to use with my homepit. As said I never really had the time to fly and so I thought that most of the stuff is working.

I did a short time testing it (1.15.2) at the beginning of the building of my new pit and was so amazed of all the new helos and systems. So I started to make a helicopter collective control for the cockpit and even different sticks/grips for the AH-1Z, AH-64D, OH-58D and the russian helos. Than 1.16.0 Fix1 came out, but I haven't much time to look at it, because some things in my life changed again and the rest of the time I was fully engaged with my cockpit.

As I started 1.16.0 Fix1 the first time I was shocked, that the Mi-28 cockpit had no more working instruments, because this was one of the helicopters I mostly wanted to fly in my pit. I saw this bird the first time on a photo somewhere in the early 2000's and was so fascinated of it's appearance, that it get's one of my favorite combat helicopters. Never understood the hype about the KA-50 with its tandem rotor system. I think the Mi-28 is much more impressive. It has this aggressive appearance, that only one other helicopter also has, the good old AH-1F Cobra with the flat canopy glass. I know that's nothing really important, but it's like with a Lamborghini - you see it and you love it!

That's why I'm such a pain in the neck with this problem.

I hope you all could forgive me boom

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/11/17 09:35 PM

Can I just check which Havoc instruments aren't working?

I just did a fresh install of Apache/Havoc, ran it. Then installed Comanche/Hokum. The only instruments working at this point are the compass and artificial horizon. That's before I've installed any of the mods.

If I go back and run Apache/Havoc, I can see everything working. Although the cockpit model looks a lot different.

So could you try the same? Were any of the other instruments working on a clean install before installing any mods?

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/11/17 10:12 PM

Hello messyhead,

Edit: Just understood what you mean! If you don't see the instruments without a mod it's simply an install error you made. But as far as I remember at least an old mod must be active to fly the Havoc in EECH also. Did you have the GOG-version, because this one is still modded after install. It also has the Hind already in game. You have 1.11.X after install of the GOG version. The last original version of Razorworks was 1.4.7.

For the GOG version you must install it this way:

Both games must be in one main folder (eg. C:\Razorworks) and the games it self in the seperate subfolders aphavoc for EEAH and cohokum for EECH. You must have C:\Razorworks\aphavoc and C:\Razorworks\cohokum after the setup. Only this way EECH can find the needed files in C:\Razorworks\aphavoc\graphics\cockpit\havoc for use it in the Havoc Cockpit in EECH also. For C:\Razorworks you could also use C:\EECHAll or what you want, but both games must be in the same main folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes it seems that the cockpit of the Havoc was made new. It's not the old 2D cockpit EEAH had used. The last version this new made cockpit worked (it has also some new textures as far as I could see) was 1.15.2 Fix5. In all versions after 1.15.2 Fix5 only the artificial horizon and the compass are still working.

I think they are a part of the 3D renewed cockpit which 1.15.2 already head, but they used also some of the original instruments from the old EEAH. Since they changed the game to D3D9 with version 1.15.3 and all later ones, those old gauges and also the warning lights weren't compatible anymore.

Don't know the exact reason, but I've tried to compile 1.15.2 Fix5 with the use of D3D9 instead of D3D7 which originally was used in this version and had a complete black Havoc cockpit (no textures) and the instrument also missing in this case (except the artificial horizon and the compass for sure). All other helos had no problem with the use of D3D9 in this selfmade 1.15.2 Fix5.

I think they fixed the black texture problem but weren't able to fix the gauges and warning lights or simply forget about it.

P.S: The old EEAH used RLE compressed textures after install. If you own the original CD-Rom of EEAH the textures aren't compressed at the setup cd itself. Have tried hours to find a program to decompress those f.... RLE files, just to see after I insert my old original cd that they are uncompressed and viewable with every paint program on the CD itself biggrin .

This run lenght compression is a part of the setup to the HD. Don't know what it is good for screwy . Maybe back those days they want to save some HD-space with it.

Dont know if they are also uncompressed in the GOG-archive of the GOG version. Will take a look because I own both versions the original CD rom and the one of GOG.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 07:24 AM

Hello messyhead,

Edit: Just understood what you mean! If you don't see the instruments without a mod it's simply an install error you made. But as far as I remember at least an old mod must be active to fly the Havoc in EECH also. Did you have the GOG-version, because this one is still modded after install. It also has the Hind already in game. You have 1.11.X after install of the GOG version. The last original version of Razorworks was 1.4.7.

For the GOG version you must install it this way:

Both games must be in one main folder (eg. C:\Razorworks) and the games it self in the seperate subfolders aphavoc for EEAH and cohokum for EECH. You must have C:\Razorworks\aphavoc and C:\Razorworks\cohokum after the setup. Only this way EECH can find the needed files in C:\Razorworks\aphavoc\graphics\cockpit\havoc for use it in the Havoc Cockpit in EECH also. For C:\Razorworks you could also use C:\EECHAll or what you want, but both games must be in the same main folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I had them both running in the same folder, so I saw the "Apache Havoc: Installed" message on the start screen. It must be due to me using the GoG version of the game. I don't have the original CDs anymore.

Like I posted in the other thraed, I need to find a timeline for these releases, as I don't remember there being a 1.15.3. That will help me narrow down what to check. I can see a few changes to the Havoc cockpit that were tagged with D3D9 Conversion, so I'll look at thoise areas first.

I was able to get my dev setup working again last night, and could get the code to compile, so I should be able to start making changes and see what effect it has.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 08:23 AM

Hello messyhead,

have you really installed them the way I descriped? The GOG version want's to install them in something like C:\GOG Games\Apache vs Havoc for EEAH and C:\GOG Games\Enemy Engaged - Comanche vs Hokum for EECH.

If you use the method I descriped I think the path should not have a space between the words (eg. Apache vs Havoc) because old games have sometimes problems with this. That's why I use other path names. I did it the way similar the old CD-version installed the games before the GOG-version was released.

As far as I remember I also had some problems to get the Havoc gauges running before I experimented with different kind of folder paths and I think it was also the fact that I only had the EEAH missions but no cockpit for the Havoc. That's why I choose the above descriped way for install. There was a manual about the correct installation at EECH Central before they changed to 1.16.0. Maybe it is still somewhere at the website. But if you use my method it should run even with the GOG-version.

Will try it later, because I have a deadline today.

1.15.3 is the first of the still available Cockpits Improvement versions numbered 0.2 and 1.15.4 was the last Improvements version 0.3. The version 0.1 isn't available for download anymore. You can get them in the thread: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4114314/1 They are still downloadable.

This old thread is also interesting because of some older informations about EECH.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 08:32 AM

Yeah, I had them in the same folder. I actually installed them to separate ones, then moved them into a single folder. Before I moved them, it didn't recognise that Apache Havoc was installed. After I moved them, it did.

The installation is actually pretty dumb, and it doesn't really matter what the folders are called. I've had multiple different versions installed in the same folders so I can switch between them.

I'll wipe it and try again tonight just to be sure.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 08:36 AM

He he, it isn't so dumb biggrin .

It has some entries in the registry. You have to install it with the right paths (method I mentioned) to have the correct entries, or you could change them manualy in the registry.

I will take a look tonight where those entries are. Have already changed them sometime ago.

Edit:

There is also a link to the old 1.15.0 to 1.15.2 upgrade and the Fix5 at the Cockpit Improvements page I pointed you at. Use the mirrors, cause the first links do not work anymore. Don't know if the base install of 1.15.0 is available anymore, but I think it still must be somewhere here in the forum.

I will also check this later.

Cheers Viper

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 12:42 PM

So as I suspected, some of the Havoc cockpit code was commented out for 1.16, probably to do with the move to D3D9.

I've PMd Firebird to see if he can let me know what the issues were. But I'll also try uncommenting it and see what happens, then see if it can be fixed.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 03:12 PM

That's great, thanks for your work! Have also tried to delete the things which have been uncommented, but I get tons of errors during the compiling. The errors always pointed to new files and I tried to fix those too and then again new files and after a while I was totally lost in code biggrin .

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 03:31 PM

I think we could change to one thread now. Is this o.k. for you? Maybe we use the Future of EECH Allmods thread, so we don't have to use two different ones.

We could also make a new one if you like. I hope that some other guys have also interest in what we try to do and come to the project too. Everyone who is interested in EECH Allmods could be a real help, but I think we have to organize it a little bit better then the last time for sure biggrin , so that things which have changed are reproducible for everyone.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 03:32 PM

Yeah, the compilation stops at the first error. So you often end up fixing one thing only to get another fault.

Are you using an IDE like eclipse? It can sometimes highlight errors

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 03:40 PM

No I haven't. I'm still learning or better let's say I'm at the first steps to try to learn a bit. Only thing I have done in coding until now was a bit html and php in my retraining to a system administrator. For my hobby I sometimes have made some very simple things in VB, that's just all.

I used the Open Watcom which isn't really easy for me to understand.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 03:50 PM

I think we could change to one thread now. Is this o.k. for you? Maybe we use the Future of EECH Allmods thread, so we don't have to use two different ones.

We could also make a new one if you like. I hope that some other guys have also interest in what we try to do and come to the project too. Everyone who is interested in EECH Allmods could be a real help, but I think we have to organize it a little bit better then the last time for sure biggrin , so that things which have changed are reproducible for everyone.

I'll probably just make a new thread for chat about the Havoc instruments.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 04:00 PM

Yes I think also that's the best. This way everyone sees what the problem is just directly and can help a bit.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 08:07 PM

I reinstalled the game again, and using the v1.11 gog version I have the working Havoc gauges. So it was just in the wrong folder before.

Also, playing that version, it's clear to see how far the game has come.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/12/17 09:00 PM

Yes its a big difference, and also much more to the last original version 1.4.7.

I have installed this a few weeks ago and totally forgoten that in this last version even the Apache and the Havoc were not flyable in EECH. The only benefit of both games installed was that you could fly the missions of EEAH in EECH also and not the other way around.

Using the Apache and the Havoc in EECH too, was first possible with the early mods.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/14/17 10:47 AM

I did a bit of digging into the Havoc instruments last night, and in v1.16 can see where the code was commented out to switch off all of the non-3D cockpits. So even the Apache A, and default cockpit (used for fly any aircraft) have been disabled. This was done as part of the conversion to D3D9, and the notes for this mention that the old 640x480 graphic cockpits are no longer supported.

However, it also mentions that the Havoc needles not working is a problem. So perhaps they should be able to work with D3D9.

This is the commit for the changes made in v1.16, and the readme at the top with details of the changes (which don't all make sense to me just yet)

https://eech.codebasehq.com/projects/eechmain/repositories/eech-dev/commit/e1bf6f749a

There is a Havoc cockpit in v1.16 though, so I'll need to see how that is being displayed, and then see if I can get the needles working for it. I suspect it's related to the needles being drawn by D3D, rather than them being a 3D object that is rotated, as in the 3D cockpit models.

As for the needles not working in v1.15.4, I think that might have been in error as those changes were released in v1.16. If it's useful, I could try reverting those changes in v1.15.4 to get the needles working again, but that whole branch of code was still experimental.

Also, would you mind renaming this thread to "Havoc needles not working" and we'll keep this as the bug tracker for that issue.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/14/17 11:01 AM

O.k will do so if I understand how renaming must be done. Will just take a look.

As far as I remember 1.15.3 and also 1.15.4 used D3D9. It was mentioned in the thread of the Cockpits Improvement:

ver0.3

based on EECH 1.15.2FIX5 AND DX9 test version, so it has same features and issues.

please notice, that this mod has version index 1.15.4 so it will be not compatible with other versions in multiplayer game.

INSTALLATION:

before install make special copy of the game for this mod - you will be not able to uninstall it anyhow. remember, that active EECH folder had to have same name that you choose before original EECH was installed. if you want to play one of the versions - name this folder properly.

The cockpit itself seems the same as it already was in 1.15.0 and the upgrades 1.15.2 and Fix5. As I compiled 1.15.2 Fix5 with D3D9 the cockpit get's black and the needles disappeared. So I came to the conclusion that they have made something which fixed the "getting black" bug, but couldn't fix the instruments.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/15/17 08:35 PM

I did a bit more work on this today. In order to get the instruments working again in the short term, I'll need to make it work the same way as the default or Apache A cockpit. The needles need to be 3D objects instead of being drawn by Direct Draw.

So I started with trying to get the airspeed dial working, but need to work out some compiler issues.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 10:40 AM

Made progress of sorts on this. Got the default cockpit needles working in this, but as they're the ones used from that cockpit, they're in the wrong place. The Airspeed does increase though. So next I'll change it to use the russian helo needles, probably from the Hind unless I can find some good reference pictures that show they're very different, and move them to the correct places. The engine gauges might be trickier to do though, as I don't think there's any other cockpit with similar gauges.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture havoc_gauges1.jpg
Attached picture havoc_gauges2.jpg

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 06:03 PM

I need some help identifying a gauge in the Havoc cockpit. I've worked out the other dials, but there's one I'm not sure about. Does anyone know? I've labelled it "What's this???" in the image below...

[Linked Image]

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 07:25 PM

Hello messyhead,

I couldn't see your linked pictures. So I couldn't help. Could you directly upload them?

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 07:38 PM

Hello messyhead,

I couldn't see your linked pictures. So I couldn't help. Could you directly upload them?

Hmmm, not sure why that is. I can see them even when I'm not logged in to the forum.

I've tried attaching them now.

Attached picture havoc_cockpit.PNG
Attached picture havoc_gauges2.jpg
Attached picture havoc_gauges1.jpg

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 07:41 PM

Again - no time(i think)

I completely missed this post. Could you send me the files for this? I'm need to work on the cockpit model to add the dials, so might just update it all.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 08:01 PM

I can not
I'm in the hospital right now.
You can do whatever you want, there will be no problem with my cockpit.
Any other changes to your textures I wlll transferred to my.
I made changes only in 1003.lwo

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 08:02 PM

I can not
I'm in the hospital right now.
You can do whatever you want, there will be no problem with my cockpit.
Any other changes to your textures I wlll transferred to my.
I made changes only in 1003.lwo

Sorry to hear that. Hope your ok.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 08:16 PM

Hey blackshark what happend, are you o.k?

I also have to go to the hospital soon. I hope I could delay it a bit because to many hospital habitations the last few years, I think it's enough now and I want to have a little break.

@messyhead

I will take a look what this instrument is for? Have to start 1.15.2 again and hope I can find out. To my shame I do not know it at the moment biggrin

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 08:34 PM

O.k. it's simply the rotor rpm biggrin

Edit:

But it has a second grey needle behind, which maybe also has something to do with the torque. It' not descriped in the EEAH manual. I will look at the web if I could get some info what it is exactly showing.

Some interesting info about the MI-28, but sadly not really what we search for (no detailed cockpit description):

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/complete-information-analysis-on-mi-28n-havoc-b.369231/

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/17/17 09:51 PM

O.k. checked it again with the EEAH manual and it's definitely the rotor rpm. Haven't seen it the first time in the manual, sorry.

But the second gray needle must be something else, which isn't descriped in the manual. Do you have the option to run 1.15.2 Fix5 also. Sometimes it's a little tricky to take of with the Havoc, cause of the hesco barrier tail rotor crash. You have to try starting free flight a few times, just to the point the tail rotor is in the right direction or simply deactivate the collision option.

If you are starting the rotor, you see that the gauge indicates the main rotor rpm, but in flight if you pull and push the collective the grey second needle behind the white rpm indication needle also changes its direction. It stays in place at 12 o' clock while no change in collective is made, turns to the right about 10° if you push the collective down and turns the same way to the left if you pull the collective up. The white rpm needle doesn't change really much during this maneuver, so it seems that the rpm stays relative stable.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 05:53 PM

messyhead, Is there a point to place all needles for the old model from scratch, when the same can be made for new model? just a guessing,

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 06:27 PM

yes old model have big problems with lighting.and is the last old cockpit.The large part of the texture in my cockpit is simply dark.
here old example
[Linked Image]

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 06:36 PM

Is there a black version of the MI-28 pit also, which only has one MFD? I only found this one with two MFD's.

Looks like all new moderernized russian attack helos have now black cockpits because the MI-35 (modernized MI-24) also has a black one.

Attached picture MI-28N.jpg
Attached picture MI-35.jpg

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by thealx
messyhead, Is there a point to place all needles for the old model from scratch, when the same can be made for new model? just a guessing,

Do you mean create a new cockpit model?

I just thought adding them to the existing would be quick for now.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 06:59 PM

He mean the same as in ka 50 cockpit.
The base for ka50 was ka52 cockpit.
ka52 is new cockpit and no have problems with rendering and lighting.Just to
ka 52 copy everything from mi28.and it will be my new 28 cockpit with editable mfd. In old cant change mfd position or size.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 07:19 PM

Ah ok. I know what you mean. I might do that then.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 08:18 PM

Viper will be not happy about that, but it will save time now and, more important, in future - when new 3d cockpit will be made.

As for MFDs question - two screens has Mi-28N, one CRT display - Mi-28A.
I have visited MAKS this year, but had no chance to get inside of any heli - too much people waited for their turn. Wish I can get some pictures of Havoc from inside =)

[Linked Image]

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 08:38 PM

He he thealx biggrin ,

I'm quite happy with all which brings Allmods further! For me it's only important that this sim will not die, because it's much too good for going to the graveyard!! As said before I also wish I could help a bit but I'm not really able to do so. It's the work of all the modders from the past and so you all have to decide what's the best to do.

Wow, I wish I had ever seen a MI-28 in RL. Only had seen some MI-24 back those days 1989 in the ex DDR.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 08:49 PM

envy wacky

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/18/17 11:41 PM

Viper will be not happy about that, but it will save time now and, more important, in future - when new 3d cockpit will be made.

As for MFDs question - two screens has Mi-28N, one CRT display - Mi-28A.
I have visited MAKS this year, but had no chance to get inside of any heli - too much people waited for their turn. Wish I can get some pictures of Havoc from inside =)

[Linked Image]

Some really nice high res photos would be great. Also a copy of the owners manual 😆

Looking at it now, I don't think the cockpit in the game has ever been right. It uses the N model, but the A cockpit.

How did I get into this? I was only meant to be doing a quick fix then getting back to my Blackhawk! 😆

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 11:17 AM

Well.. your cockpit is top notch ,so i think choice is easy wink

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 03:10 PM

Could there be a way to make instruments and gauges modular?

I mean so that they could be used in different helos? Mostly all aircraft use similar instruments. Only the lettering is different.

Something you could "grab" and put it in the pit of another helo. Maybe this question is stupid, because I do not really have much knowledge of 3D, its just a thought.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 03:25 PM

That was original idea of this mod
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3961554/cockpits-improvement-program#Post3961554
to proceed I needed new cockpits models for similar helicopters to make experiments and prepare the code. it's really complicated but still possible (same way helipads and vehicles are added into FARPs and airport scenes).
but, I got only one Blackhawk cockpit finished by Sozckien, that was not enough and everything stuck in the testing version.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 03:29 PM

But now is still out of date because of your lack of time yes?

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 03:38 PM

That was original idea of this mod
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3961554/cockpits-improvement-program#Post3961554
to proceed I needed new cockpits models for similar helicopters to make experiments and prepare the code. it's really complicated but still possible (same way helipads and vehicles are added into FARPs and airport scenes).
but, I got only one Blackhawk cockpit finished by Sozckien, that was not enough and everything stuck in the testing version.

I did always wonder about this as well. I can see that the way to add instruments is the same for all helos, but just the object being different.

So were you thinking that there'd be a common cockpit instruments class, that would do all the calculations for the instrument movement, and then you'd drop that into the cockpit you wanted?

I could maybe try working on that at some point with the havoc and my blackhawk to see how it goes.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 03:44 PM

Really sad! It was the perfect idea I think. Is there a way to restart this idea?

What happend to Sozckien? Is he still around or has he lost the interest in EECH?

There were so many modders back in 2014-2015 as far as I remember, and than suddenly all stopped.

Is no-one of them still interested in Allmods anymore, or have they so much stress in RL?

Would be so nice to see some more of the old modders again here.

Thealx are you planing to come back a bit, too? You have made so much great things for Allmods.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 04:07 PM

messyhead, that's right - you are placing subobject with gauge name, related scene is loading in the cockpit, common script contol this gauge.
good thing - all helicopters uses same global variable for dynamics state, so there will be no problems with compatibly.
bad thing - such "sub-scenes" loading currently supported only by airports, not cockpits, so everything still just a theory.

I am planning to back to work, a year already, but always can find some reasons to spent time with different hobby. I am started web developer carrier and don't really wish to spent 12-14 hours per day sitting behing the monitor, have to wait for better circumstances. Hope this winter I will spent less time with main job so will be able to work on EECH at least several hours per day.

Sozckien appear suddenly, make tons of mods in a single month and disappear for years =) I suppose he have some other things to do, but I will be not surprised if he will back again.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 04:20 PM

finally good news smile

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 04:23 PM

Yes, really good news!!! dance
Posted By: SimonAlonso

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 06:10 PM

I m glad to hear that, thanks guys!!

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 06:49 PM

Ok, let's get back on topic.

My plan for the Havoc gauges is, in the short term get them working in the current cockpit as a bug fix to 1.16.1, and it'll be v1.16.2.

Then get the cockpit model updated at some point to improve it as discussed above and released in a future release, probably with my Blackhawk cockpit, and likely to be v1.17.

I'm away this weekend for a family break, so it'll be a couple of weeks for the bug fix.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/19/17 10:45 PM

This sounds good, messyhead !

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/20/17 06:26 PM

A little mod I made myself. The standard cockpit of the MI-28 in black, with working instruments (only 1.15.2 Fix5). I made it to fit a bit better to the new dark scheme I will make, which should look like the MI-28N.

Only a compromise, but looks better than the blue one in my opinion biggrin

I also "deactivated" the green weapon indicator lights in the left console, because they are usless since the original EEAH version. Would be nice if someone get them working again.

Attached picture Havock Black.jpg

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/20/17 07:33 PM

A little mod I made myself. The standard cockpit of the MI-28 in black, with working instruments (only 1.15.2 Fix5). I made it to fit a bit better to the new dark scheme I will make, which should look like the MI-28N.

Only a compromise, but looks better than the blue one in my opinion biggrin

I also "deactivated" the green weapon indicator lights in the left console, because they are usless since the original EEAH version. Would be nice if someone get them working again.

Could you send me those textures and I'll include them with the bug fix?

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/21/17 05:25 AM

Hello messyhead,

yes I will do so. I hope those are compatible to 1.16.0 too, but as far as I've seen nothing changed there.

I have to finish the night version of the cockpit before, because for the MI-28 pit there are two texture versions, one for day and one for night. Will post it here also when I have finished it.

The new skin will take a while, but I think you are mostly interested in the cockpit textures.

P.S:

I've seen that there is no light in the pits of the KA-50 and the MI-24 if you are flying at night. Is this only in 1.15.2 or also in 1.16.0? I've searched for a cockpit illumination but found nothing about it in the manuals, readme or at the EECH Central page.

In the KA-50 it is extreme, cause you could only see the needles, the instruments are much too dark to read them. I would also like to change the instrument textures of the KA-50 a bit. I had the idea to use the ones of the KA-52 and place them at the right place to make the instruments working correct again, but I don't know if this also helps with the illumination problem, cause the KA-50 pit is real 3D as far as I know. Will see what I can do.

I have a version I made myself already, but here I exchanged only the original instrument textures to fit at the correct place the needles are, now I want to use the better readable KA-52 instrument textures.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/21/17 06:58 AM

In 1.154 you have new night lighting for all cockpits.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/21/17 09:03 AM

Could we keep this thread on the topic of the cockpit instruments, and have chat about cockpit textures and lighting in another thread?

Information about the thread topic gets lost when we start to chat about other things.

I'd rather see threads being made to talk about other topics, rather than just add to an existing one. It's also easier for others to find information.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/21/17 05:21 PM

New strange problem I come arround while making the textures for the cockpit. First I've seen that I have two make three sets, one for day, one for twilight and one for night.

As I tested my twilight textures in dusk, I noticed a strange flickering around the bottom of the HUD. This also appears with the original blue cockpit. Can someone copy this?

Maybe it's only a problem with 1.15.2 Fix5 and D3D7, but I couldn't test 1.16.0 at the moment. I hope this is gone in 1.16.0 with D3D9.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/25/17 10:04 PM

So some progress on this. A needle in the airspeed gauge, that rotates when you fly. But I wouldn't call it an airspeed needle yet, as it doesn't indicate the speed your flying at. For example, it races up to 400, when you're only doing 180 biggrin

I'll need to rework the code for the needle rotation. Fun, fun, fun!

The other needles are in place as well, but need some work in the model and code to get them moving.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/25/17 10:30 PM

Wow, messyhead you are great!

Yes I know that this must be complex. In the KA-50 pit the airspeed and the VSI are also not very exact. Costs me a lot of time to make a fitting gauge for the needles rotation.

As I'm not able to change the code I had to change the texture a bit biggrin

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/25/17 11:07 PM

Wow, messyhead you are great!

Yes I know that this must be complex. In the KA-50 pit the airspeed and the VSI are also not very exact. Costs me a lot of time to make a fitting gauge for the needles rotation.

As I'm not able to change the code I had to change the texture a bit biggrin

I wouldn't change the texture too much. It's the code that needs changed. The texture should represent the actual gauge, and then the code fixed.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/26/17 12:24 AM

O.k. if you are finished with the Havoc, maybe you could also fix the needles rotation of the KA-50.

I will redo the gauges again, so they represent the real thing. It's much better that way.

I didn't knew if this "rotation bug" could be fixed, or better said I wasn't able to fix it in the code, that's why I used this workaround.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/26/17 07:36 AM

O.k. if you are finished with the Havoc, maybe you could also fix the needles rotation of the KA-50.

I will redo the gauges again, so they represent the real thing. It's much better that way.

I didn't knew if this "rotation bug" could be fixed, or better said I wasn't able to fix it in the code, that's why I used this workaround.

It's not the same bug. The KA-50 has needles, but the code is all from the KA-52, which is why they're wrong. The Havoc didn't have any needles at all.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 09/26/17 10:38 AM

Ah, o.k. that makes things a bit clearer.

They also seem to work in a nonlinear way, meaning the speed of the needles rotation suddenly increases. You could see it at my "fixed" gauges of the Blackshark Cockpit. I had to adjust the scale of the gauges for this reason.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/08/17 09:24 PM

Just an update on this. Dials that now have moving needles are;

Gmeter
Radar Altimeter
Vertical Speed
Airspeed
Rotor RPM

Problems needing fixed;

Scale of the rotation needles so they match the dial scale. Gmeter and Rotor RPM have the correct scale, but the others either rotate too slow or too fast. It's some maths involving degrees and radians, and I don't really get how it works.

Some weird issue where the needle "disappears" behind the dial texture, and also seems to get distorted.

I've checked in my code so far to the develop_1_16_1_havoc_instruments branch of the source code.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 09:54 AM

Hi. I've now got all of the instrument needles working in the Havoc cockpit. Below is a link to the files. Could you test this out and let me know if there's any problems? I noticed that the cockpit lighting changes depending on the time of day, and the needles appearance changes. So could you try it at each time.

The engine gauges aren't working, and I need to explore options for making them work again.

Thanks to FireBird and Thealx for help when I got stuck with things.

Extract the archive, and replace cohokum.exe.

Put the Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments folder into the \cohokum\3ddata\objects\ folder

Edit: incorrect link removed

This is a debug build, so a debug log should be created if there's any problems. If there's no issue, then I create a release version.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 11:21 AM

If you've downloaded the instruments fix since I added it above, could you download it again? I've made some changes to the font used on the screens, and the position of the WUT text on the startup screen. Sometimes the screen font was distorted at different resolutions, so I'm trying to fix that. If there's any problems with the font display, let me know.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 11:43 AM

Hello messyhead,

I have no cohokum.exe in the archive. It's called havoc_needles.zip and has only the eeo and ees files in.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 11:47 AM

v0.1
====

Cockpit instruments now have 3D needles
Menu screen title font changed to help it scale better
WUT text on startup screen moved to the top

---------------------------------------------------------------
Extract the archive, and replace cohokum.exe.

Put the Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments folder into the \cohokum\3ddata\objects\ folder

EDIT: Old link removed. See this post...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4386239/mi-28-working-instrument-needles

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 12:23 PM

O.k. at the moment no needles, but this must not be a problem with your fix.

I had this effect testing my KA-50 pit also. Even as I deleted the whole game folder and copied a new one to test the changes made to my KA-50 pit, it still looks the same as before. Seems I have this problem now once again. Don't know wherefrom EECH gets the old files but it seems that there is something "cached" anywhere or anything other. Will also delete ECH.ini and game.cfg now for a complete reinitialize.

I think I have to take a closer look to the things Rhugouvi descriped. I have in mind there was something about troubles if the different versions are at the same drive. Seems that EECH doesn't care much about different folders, only about file names and grabs what it can get.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 12:40 PM

Yeah, I had that problem once as well, but can't remember how I fixed it, or if there was anything I did to fix it.

You could check the debug log and see if it loads the objects, just do a search for the name of one of them.

Also, this is for the 1.16 version of EECH.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 12:51 PM

Dont make backup folder \files in eech\. All backup files copy outside game folder.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 12:53 PM

Yes I use 1.16.0 Fix1.

I deleted all out of my testing folder I always use "EECHAll" (cause of the registry entries) and copied a clean fresh backup of 1.16.0 Fix1 (no changes here only original setup with 1.16 applied) to this folder. After that I installed your fix as descriped above.

I also deleted the EECH.ini and the game.cfg now, but still no luck.

Funny that you say that you also had this problem and you didn't know how you fixed it.

It was the same for me, I changed many things and after a while my new version of the KA-50 pit appeared, but I have really no idea what the problem was.

I left it good for now cause I wanted to work further at the model, but now I think I have to find out what this problem is, because it can mess up things if you are working on changes and the simulation grabs any files at will if you are at testing.

P.S:

Anything is outside the game folder in completely different renamed folders, but at the same drive.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 01:21 PM

Did you look at the debug log? It'll show if it finds the object files. If it's in the debug log, then something else is going on.

I'm away from home at the moment, but I'll be back in about an hour, so I'll double check I've uploaded the correct version.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 01:34 PM

O.k. I will wait until further testing.

Have also copied the test installation folder to a different drive from the backups and fixed the registry entries to prevent any trouble here.

Still the same, no needles appear.

Sorry I was a bit to quick!!!! (as I said that the objects appeared in the debug log - this was only the fuselage - edited the post now)

A search for e.g. mi28_airspeed_needle.eeo did not get any results in the debug.log

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 01:50 PM

And sorry for changing my posts respectively correcting somtimes after a while.

I have many problems with my browser which suddenly freezes. Don't know what the hell is going on with my system since a few weeks. You click something and nothing happens and after a while if this sh.. system comes back to life you clicked anything else.

Have tried to fix it but without luck, now I have to set it up from scratch but this is a real big work (Main OS and Virtual Machine both with a bunch of software and many other changes made), so I tried to avoid this biggrin

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 02:19 PM

It doesn't look like it's finding the objects then. I would expect to see this in the debug log...

Code
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_AIRSPEED_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_BAR_ALT_LRG_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_BAR_ALT_SML_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_CLOCK_HOUR_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_CLOCK_MINUTE_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_CLOCK_SECOND_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_FUEL_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_GMETER_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_RAD_ALT_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_ROTOR_RPM_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_SIDE_SLIP_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40
Replacing 3d object 3ddata\OBJECTS\Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments\MI28_VSI_NEEDLE.EEO @ 15.40

Have you copied the folder named Mi-28_Havoc_Instruments into the cohokum\3ddata\objects folder?

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 02:45 PM

O.k. that will do the trick I guess. I have not used the foldername, what a fool I'm banghead

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 03:05 PM

O.k. most is working! Excellent work messyhead!

Maybe the clock needles could be a little bit bigger, cause they are hard to read (couldn't even see the seconds hand), but this could also be my sh... graphics card. And the instrument right from the clock the fuel gauge has no needle or the needle is not really filled (polygon not seeable). There is something, but its hard to say if it is the needle, cause the fuel gauge does not rotate rapidly so that you can indicate if there is something.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 03:14 PM

O.k. most is working! Excellent work messyhead!

Maybe the clock needles could be a little bit bigger, cause they are hard to read (couldn't even see the seconds hand), but this could also be my sh... graphics card. And the instrument right from the clock the fuel gauge has no needle or the needle is not really filled (polygon not seeable). There is something, but its hard to say if it is the needle, cause the fuel gauge does not rotate rapidly so that you can indicate if there is something.

There's just no pleasing some people! biggrin (just joking)

I used needles that were already used elsewhere, and I'm not too impressed with the clock or fuel needle. But I'll do some work on those ones for the next update.

I'm going to try and get the lights working next, that is the status lights for wheel brake etc, not the cockpit lighting.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 03:28 PM

No, no, you did a really great job here! I would be glad if I could do what you are able to do!

We have time now to get the things working. I will also need a lot of time to get further with the cockpits, because there is every hour something new I learn.

I don't want to push you to something, but is there a chance that you can make a small description of how those needles and the lights you are now making could be integrated in the code? This would really help alot!

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 03:33 PM

No, no, you did a really great job here! I would be glad if I could do what you are able to do!

Don't worry, I wasn't being serious.

We have time now to get the things working. I will also need a lot of time to get further with the cockpits, because there is every hour something new I learn.

I don't want to push you to something, but is there a chance that you can make a small description of how those needles and the lights you are now making could be integrated in the code? This would really help alot!

Yeah, I'll try and write something up with examples. But I'm wanting to look into the lamps at the moment, as I don't think it'll take much to get them working.

Edit: Actually, I'll not be able to get something written up until next week. I'm away on holiday tomorrow for a week, so it'll need to wait till I'm back.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 04:33 PM

No problem, there is enough work with the models itself and I have also to take care a bit of my relationship.

At the moment I spent most of my free time with my hobby and that's not what my bride elect always likes, although she's very tolerant here.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 05:27 PM

No problem, there is enough work with the models itself and I have also to take care a bit of my relationship.

At the moment I spent most of my free time with my hobby and that's not what my bride elect always likes, although she's very tolerant here.

I know that feeling. I'm often up late working on it. I'm looking forward to a break away this week.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 05:47 PM

Congratulations messyhead ,you finish this very fast. This is good news.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/13/17 06:13 PM

Congratulations messyhead ,you finish this very fast. This is good news.

Not as quickly as I would have liked. It was a bit of a learning excercise, so I had to restart things a few times, and fix the lw scene.

Getting the lamps working will be another learning excercise.

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/22/17 11:09 AM

Ok, I think I'm going to leave getting the lamps working for now. I'm finding it difficult to work out how to get the texture animation working. And also, the more I look into it, it's becoming apparent that to get the functionality as it is in other cockpits, the Havoc cockpit model and code all need reworked. The current cockpit is a leftover from the EEAH days, and the code the cockpits is quite different in EECH. In order to get the full functionality without having to put in a few hacks, would need a rewrite of the havoc cockpit code.

I think really there would need to be a project to completely remake the cockpit, to make it fully 3D, and improve it overall.

I'll add an item to the wishlist for this, or to get the lamps working. I'll need to work out the animation for my blackhawk cockpit, so once I know how it works, I might come back to this.

This is the final release version for fixing the instrument needles. I'll also add it to the first post for reference.

====================================================================

Version 1.16.01 minor bug fix

Changes:

- Havoc cockpit now has working needles for instruments
- Wut text on startup screen moved
- Menu screen title font changed to help it scale better

To install:

Extract the archive and copy it into the root folder of your EECH game e.g. where the cohokum folder is. Replace any files if it asks for overwrites.

MAKE A BACKUP IF YOU WANT TO REVERT CHANGES

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_9WsInmSbhuZk9XY1g3elJ4VkU

Re: MI-28 Cockpit Instruments Error - 10/22/17 01:04 PM

Thanks messyhead,good work smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums