homepage

AH64D cockpit textures

Posted By: thealx

AH64D cockpit textures - 04/10/15 04:37 PM

I have great news for everyone. Aeyes made his Apache cockpit textures mod available for free! you can find it at Products freeware section of cockpits.nl site. it's compatible with current version, just make sure that game is properly installed.

Posted By:

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/10/15 05:22 PM

Nice:) You must install as administrator,and/or change compatibility to windows xp,otherwise have errors.
Really great textures, thanks Aeyes.
Posted By: SimonAlonso

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/11/15 12:30 PM

Anybody can tell me the advatage of this texture, for me its the same.
Thanks.
Posted By:

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/11/15 01:05 PM

much better quality.i think most people bought this textures before.
Thealx you have permission to add this for next release? If yes i can modify left and right panel texture and mfd texture for buttons for tedac cockpit.

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/11/15 02:33 PM

SimonAlonso, one noticeable difference - it's sharp!

XIII, not sure, Aeyes didn't say anything about it.
Posted By: messyhead

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 05/03/15 09:54 AM

Has anyone tried this texture pack with the cockpit improvement release?

I did yesterday, and the canopy jettison graphic was behind the left MFD in the gunner cockpit for the AH64D.

Edit: I just noticed v0.3 of the cockpit mod has the textures included, so I maybe messed something up by re-installing the textures.

I'm going to do a clean install anyway. I eventually got round to buying a flight stick yesterday (Cyborg F.L.Y 5), so I can finally play this sim instead of trying to mod it.

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 05/03/15 11:15 AM

yes it's included. from now edited version of these textures will be in all updates, but for older versions only original installer should be used.
Posted By: SimonAlonso

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 05/03/15 04:36 PM

Fantastic cockpit guys.
Thanks Aeyes for share it.
Thanks Thealx by the news.

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 02:43 PM

I meant to make this a sticky a while ago, in case anyone doesn't have these textures yet.

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 02:44 PM

@thealx I know these were meant to be included from 1.16.0 onwards, but when I installed a clean 1.16.1, I had the old textures and had to manually replace them with the high res ones.

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by messyhead
@thealx I know these were meant to be included from 1.16.0 onwards, but when I installed a clean 1.16.1, I had the old textures and had to manually replace them with the high res ones.

but these textures was not included in 1.16.0
as I remember, mod author said it's fine to edit them if necessary and include into game package, and it was done in 1.15.4, but not 1.16.0 or 1.16.1 (probably it should be)

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 03:02 PM

Ah ok, I was looking at an old post and it must have been talking about 1.15.4.

Are we putting textures in the repo? I remember you saying something about not doing that, but they'd be included in the installer.

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 03:05 PM

right, planned to add them in next release but it lost from radar for a while.
please not push them into repo as it cause unnecessary size increase.
I remember stock mod had some issues with flipped textures, is it still appear? or can be copied as-is

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by thealx
right, planned to add them in next release but it lost from radar for a while.
please not push them into repo as it cause unnecessary size increase.
I remember stock mod had some issues with flipped textures, is it still appear? or can be copied as-is

I'll need to check, but I don't remember seeing any problems when I had a quick play recently.

I've added it to the list of recommended mods for now for 1.16.1.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 03:16 PM

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4450453/ah-64d-hi-res-cockpit-for-1-16#Post4450453

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 04:06 PM

Ah, thanks. I was looking for that.

I installed the original and there are still a lot of flipped textures. I copied the ones from 1.15.4 and the only flipped ones were the gunner ORT controls, the left armour panel, and a panel below it.

I'll take a look and see if I can flip them. The same textures in PatrykW's one are still flipped.

My ones can be downloaded here (includes DDS instead of BMP), and I'll update the link if I fix the remaining flipped ones.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m2X6cdZz9kant3YmDAibjX07-y9H7eLE

Attached picture IMAGE013.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE012.jpg
Attached picture IMAGE014.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 04:11 PM

If you have dds and tga first delete dds because the game uses dds first, later tga bmp.maybe that's why you have some still turned from patrick.
This panel and armor always were broken imo

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by BANITA
If you have dds and tga first delete dds because the game uses dds first, later tga bmp.maybe that's why you have some still turned from patrick.

Yeah, I deleted duplicate named ones and kept DDS over TGA or BMP

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 04/28/20 05:57 PM

I had a look at fixing the last few flipped textures, but it needs some UV mapping work in the cockpit to fix it properly, and the ORT left handle needs a new image with the text the right way round. I don't have time to get into it just now, but the ones I've uploaded are mostly ok.
Posted By: V3teran

Re: AH64D cockpit textures - 10/10/20 11:41 PM

Hey guys are these cockpits included in the 1.61 patch or do i need to install them?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums