homepage

APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM

Posted By: SKIP2008

APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/06/13 04:07 PM

Hy guys,i've read about apache avionics modernization program and i wanna ask yuo if it's still a work in progress or if get abandoned?
And would be possible to add external fuel tanks for the apaches (A & D) and blackhawks?
Thanks a lot for the 1.15.0 package and the other releases, simply amazings.
Posted By: thealx

Re: APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/06/13 04:40 PM

Quote:
add external fuel tanks

what for? I thought about hind's external tanks not long time ago and decide that they will be useless, there is no such long missions.
Posted By:

Re: APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/06/13 05:30 PM

May be possible though to save that which was done? even incomplete?
Posted By: messyhead

Re: APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/07/13 09:05 AM

I've been on contact with Arnie about the work he did on the avionics update for the Apache. As it is, it's still quite unfinished, and I couldn't get it to work. The improvements he made were pretty cool, and it would be good to get at least some of them in the game. Initially, I was wanting to try and get the terrain following radar working for my Blackhawk project. But I'l need to wait until the modelling is finished before working on the programming.
Posted By:

Re: APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/07/13 11:06 AM

Thats good news.It is possible only in lightwave, without changing the code swapping images which correspond to a TFR?
Posted By: messyhead

Re: APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/07/13 12:52 PM

It needs to be coded. The MFD modes need to be added to the Blackhawk avionics.

Re: APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/07/13 08:52 PM

Thanks for the answers guys, good luck for the future works. Maybe AMASE pods with Northrop DIRCM are better than external fuel tanks, please don't think about me as an ungrateful guy, it's only a suggestion for the future apaches, as i told you the current updates are amazings.

Re: APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/12/13 01:16 PM

Here are two images

Posted By: thealx

Re: APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/12/13 03:10 PM

actually russians have same system "president-s".
question is how it will affect game balance - you will be unreachable for heat guided missiles. technically it's not very hard to make it.

Re: APACHE MODERNIZATION PROGRAM - 06/12/13 04:16 PM

It's true thealx, but if you have AMASE installed you can't carry stinger.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums