homepage

1.15 is out

Posted By: FireBird_[WINE]

1.15 is out - 12/23/12 12:47 AM

bandbandband

Features
  • OH-58D Kiowa Warrior cockpit and external (by Soczkien)
  • AH-1Z Viper cockpit (by dfang)
  • UH-60 Blackhawk external (by Soczkien)
  • Ka-50 cockpit (unfinished) (by Soczkien)
  • Hind moving map carret
  • New map - Europe (by Soczkien)
  • Clouds puffs (by Soczkien)
  • Newer sound effects (by Doctor_Wibble)
  • Additional UI screens (by dfang)
  • Added support of WAV files (mono PCM, 8 and 16 bits, any sane frequency)
  • Improved explosions import

Bug fixes
  • Fixed payload for Blackhawk
  • No crush while displaying destroyed Yak or Falcon
  • Preserving proportions of background screens for wide displays

No test of video modes on enumeration

Some files were renames, some files were removed, please make a clean install. This is the reason why the major version has been changed.

Download procedure

EECHCentral is down, that makes difficult to provide direct links in the post.
Old patches and new 1.15 can be found on SimHQ http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3185855

Installation procedure

0. Move your current installed game somewhere for backup purposes.

If you have EEAH
1. install EEAH
2. run the game once
This will unpack the graphics files.
3. install patch 1.1E
4. run the game once again

5. install EECH
6. install eech-allmods-1.15.0.exe
7. install eech-maps-1.15.0.exe
8. install eech-terrain-1.15.0.exe
9. install eech-smoke-1.14.0.exe (yup, old 1.14)

10. you can copy your players.bin/players2.bin/playersv.bin files from the previous installation to save your pilot progress.

11.1 Either launch COHOKUM_DS.EXE with DirectSound
11.2 Or install OpenAL and launch COHOKUM.EXE.

I'm sorry if I missed a modification or contributor.
Please write about this here, the next bug fix release will contain that.

While I'm happy that after more than a year a new release has been born, I'm very sad about some features (and people spent a lot of their time on them) I could not include in the release.
Soczkien still left Ka-50 cockpit incomplete, but with HUD it's possible to use it. Another his great contribution is Eurocopter Tiger model... But it's only model, without sounds, weapons (PARS), cockpit.
BANITA worked a lot with explosions (and 1.14 were not good enough he said), but that work is not complete too.
Olds made a lot with effects... And where are the results?
I'm sure I'm missing many other names.

Probably many of them just were tired waiting for their work to be released.

I'm grateful for everyone contributed, and admire of those who could bring their contributions to completion. It's really hard.

FireBird
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 01:51 AM

Awesome! You guys rule! Thanks!

Question: Is it possible to download from there without installing their download application? I'm a little paranoid about trojans from sites like that.
Posted By: talhuman

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 02:18 AM

Cannot download from this link just ads and video downloads
Posted By: Kurdakov

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 02:35 AM

Click text link "Download or watch" then again Download - and you will be able to download without download manager

or use emule ( or likes ), I shared the file as

ed2k://|file|EECH_1.15.0.zip|782343769|5231626113DE677ECE902045E2AE2B8E|h=IMYWXWIWHSJJ2GR3N4Z3AEPDN424EAOW|/

and the next file also contains readme ( first post here ) and also includes eech-smoke-1.14.0.exe

ed2k://|file|eech_1.1.5.0_all_files.zip|783187724|FC1FA575C21A484BA7B5C07E02BBBA68|h=HQAXEXHJ3W6H4SQ5F7IY4GBV4RQREAQS|/
Posted By: damson

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr_Blastman
Awesome! You guys rule! Thanks!

Question: Is it possible to download from there without installing their download application? I'm a little paranoid about trojans from sites like that.

Yes, uncheck the tick beside "Download file easily With Billion Uploads download manager." under the "Download" link and the download will be taken care by your web browser.
Posted By: Pesanur

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 10:52 AM

AWASONE!! Thanks, guys.
notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy
Posted By: Doctor_Wibble

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 11:04 AM

I think a Bill&Ted-style "Excellent" goes here!

A good offset to the 'Bah Humbug' mood that I always get at this time of year, though I probably won't get a chance to properly try it out just yet - something to look forward to when it's all over...
Posted By:

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 03:48 PM

Thank you all for best helicopter simulator yep Viper cockpit is amazing smile
Posted By: Staniol

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 04:06 PM

Thank you developers!
Posted By: Alemart

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 04:24 PM

Amazing news Guys!, thanks a HUGE lot! biggrin
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 04:27 PM

SimHQ download link will be available in a couple hours.
Posted By: Heretic

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 05:14 PM

X-mas comes early! Thanks! biggrin

Originally Posted By: Doctor_Wibble

Better: SCHWING!
Posted By: Archer11

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 05:20 PM

To all involved: Thanks a lot for your truly awesome work!

I had the time for only 10min freeflight in the AH-1Z, fantastic dfang!

While doing the clean install I couldn't resist looking what the vanilla EEAH looked like and where all these developers brought us to... Really amazing.
Let's see, what will happen in the next 14 years biggrin

Originally Posted By: Heretic
Originally Posted By: Doctor_Wibble

Better: SCHWING!

Indeed!
Posted By: talhuman

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/23/12 05:28 PM

Fantastic, thank you thank you!
Posted By: Eugene

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/24/12 12:11 AM

Thanks for all this hard work! Much appreciated. And best luck in 2013 with the remaining mods you are looking to complete and offer.
Posted By: ColJamesD

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/24/12 09:51 AM

WOW!

Thanks!
Posted By: messyhead

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/24/12 10:47 AM

This is great. I've just got my desktop back up and running, and I was going to re-install EECH.

I'm also going to start up my Blackhawk development again. Soczkien did a great job of the updated model, but it's not entirely accurate. So I'm working on a MH-60L model, and I've got a ton of reference images. I'd like to complete it including the cockpit, so I'll start work on it again.

This is the model I'm working on, but with wings for armament...

http://www.arcair.com/awa01/301-400/awa338-MH-60L/00.shtm
Posted By: Spock

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/24/12 02:04 PM

Nice Work.
But why does not all AH-1 Use the New Cockpit?
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/24/12 06:02 PM

Individual Packages have been added in addition to the one large v1.15 package.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3185855

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/24/12 08:20 PM

I decided this time around not to use the Smoke package.

I used the Smoke package in V1.14 and my entire screen was filled with smoke.

Now, I do have a pretty good computer with lots of processing speed and RAM and a big video card but it seems that after I've have attacked several ground targets, the smoke funnels rising from the multiple destroyed targets on the ground will slow down the frame rate of the graphics.

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/24/12 11:40 PM

While 1.14 release smokes were in "DIP" state, and we expected that BANITA would finish them. He made a lot, but he had not finished that. That's why there is no 1.15-smokes. Maybe someone will improve his work.

I will think about usage of Viper cockpit in other Cobras, thank you for hint.

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/25/12 08:12 AM

I been playing a little bit of everything.

Blue Side.

Red Side.

A bit of Yemen here, Taiwan there, Europe here, then to Lebanon and to Libya.

I noticed the A.I. is more aggressive now.

If you have a recon mission toward carriers or an airbase and you let the computer take over, they no longer just fly there and do a recon or get shot at and then shot down on the way there.

Two KA-52 of mine on a recon mission on enemy carriers turn into the enemy carrier, one frigate and one landing craft sunk.
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/25/12 10:39 PM

I'm impressed with how it looks and sounds. Nice to see the additional helos. And all the smoke and goodies are all integrated. Those who worked on it should feel very proud. I guess now we just need to entice someone with flight model coding experience to try and come on board. I don't think the eye candy should hurt trying to lure one. Does that company who released EE2 still have the rights to that? I wonder if they'd be compelled to integrate all these mods into the EE2 graphics engine and then to hire on a FM coder to completely revamp the flight dynamics. Their use of a new graphics engine had to have been an expenditure, and yet I'd put that down on the list of things-to-do below FM. If not, maybe a kickstarter project to hire one?

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/27/12 08:46 AM

guod will replace eech-allmods-1.15.0.exe and eech-terrain-1.15.0.exe files with newer one.
Those have fixes for saves, F3/F4 in Ka-50 and Europe tree texture.
Posted By: damson

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/27/12 09:03 AM

Thanks FireBird for the update, what's the ETA for the updated files?
Posted By: Charlie_SB

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/27/12 09:29 AM

Are there any videos of the AH1 and the Kiowa pits to watch? Did a search on the tube but it came up empty.

-C-
Posted By: Phillip

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/28/12 01:54 PM

I see the download procedure but don't see a link to the patches.
Where can I find them?
Posted By: Phillip

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/28/12 01:56 PM

Never mind I found it.
Posted By: thealx

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/31/12 11:25 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but Red's FLIR ("SHKVAL", "TOR") have ground stabilization like Comanche (in original it's calls "field of view stabilization"). I'm really like targeting without radar (like in DCS ka-50), but in this case it's quite.. hard =) Is it possible to add ground stabilization to hokum and havoc? thanks.
Posted By: arneh

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/31/12 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: thealx
Maybe I'm wrong, but Red's FLIR ("SHKVAL", "TOR") have ground stabilization like Comanche (in original it's calls "field of view stabilization"). I'm really like targeting without radar (like in DCS ka-50), but in this case it's quite.. hard =) Is it possible to add ground stabilization to hokum and havoc? thanks.

If I remember correctly, you can just lock onto any point on the ground, and then you can move the sight around relative to the locked point. This should work for all helicopters.
Posted By:

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/31/12 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: thealx
Is it possible to add ground stabilization to hokum and havoc? thanks.

ctr+s work in every helicopters arneh noob neaner
Posted By: thealx

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/31/12 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: joe13
ctr+s work in every helicopters

damn it.. it really works =) thx
Posted By: AlastairF

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/31/12 03:03 PM

Just Installed this . Very impressed indeed . Many thanks to all of the people who have given their time free to this project . Happy new year
Posted By: Mace71

Re: 1.15 is out - 12/31/12 05:13 PM

Not flown in EECH for some time now and I see you have modded new cockpits in too?! Are there any screens or videos of them?
Posted By: scission

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/05/13 01:11 AM

I second Mace's idea. Screens please? I may have to reinstall this one. Maybe some of the new FX too(explosions, etc)
Posted By: Agiel7

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/09/13 11:55 PM

Is the MMS of the Kiowa modeled? Been itching to get back in the saddle of the Kiowa since Longbow 2, and if ever there was a ninja of a helicopter, the Kiowa is it.

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/10/13 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Agiel7
Is the MMS of the Kiowa modeled? Been itching to get back in the saddle of the Kiowa since Longbow 2, and if ever there was a ninja of a helicopter, the Kiowa is it.

I don't know what modeled means but I shot down two Fulcrums in it last night using the 2 AA missiles it carried.
Posted By: Agiel7

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/10/13 03:33 AM

The Mast-mounted sight, the dohickey that looks like a beach ball that sits on top of the rotor shaft where the FLIR of the Kiowa is mounted in. Can you actually peek over a forest or a berm with it?

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/10/13 07:22 AM

The Mast-mounted sight, the dohickey that looks like a beach ball that sits on top of the rotor shaft where the FLIR of the Kiowa is mounted in. Can you actually peek over a forest or a berm with it?

I don't think so.

I just turn the FLIR on and use the mouse to move the reticle around the ground and sky, and zoom in and out until I lock on something.

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/10/13 08:37 AM

I think it should work, although not tested it. It's where the flir is mounted, so if the model is correct, then you should be able to peek over the top of things.

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/10/13 06:52 PM

Well, frankly saying the observing point is much higher than MMS. It makes such "cover" things much easier.
Posted By: coreytaylor

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/16/13 10:54 AM

It's been a long time since I've played the EE series, and this looks great to get me back in it again! smile

I've followed the instructions, but the game starts with black screen and stops responding... any ideas?

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/16/13 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: coreytaylor
It's been a long time since I've played the EE series smile

I've followed the instructions, but the game starts with black screen and stops responding... any ideas?

My one did that as well. I just closed it and tried again and it worked. Which version are you trying to run, the direct sound one of the normal one?
Posted By: coreytaylor

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/16/13 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: messyhead
Originally Posted By: coreytaylor
It's been a long time since I've played the EE series smile

My one did that as well. I just closed it and tried again and it worked. Which version are you trying to run, the direct sound one of the normal one?

Tried both, same thing. The solution was to set the compatibility to Windows 2000 thumbsup

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/17/13 01:43 PM

Anyway to tweak up the A.I. of the fighter jets on both sides?

When I was playing on the Blue Side, 3 of my F-16C Falcons were shot down by a single MI-24, which I think it's impossible since the MI-24 doesn't carry AA missiles.

The F-16C didn't even fire back nor did they detect the MI-24.

When I was playing on the Red Side, 4 of my Fulcrums were shot down by a single A-10 Thunderbolt, which I also think it's impossible since the A-10 can only carry 2 sidewinders.

So how did it shoot down 2 of the Fulcrums assuming both sidewinders hit their targets?
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/17/13 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: ColJamesD
Anyway to tweak up the A.I. of the fighter jets on both sides?

When I was playing on the Blue Side, 3 of my F-16C Falcons were shot down by a single MI-24, which I think it's impossible since the MI-24 doesn't carry AA missiles.

The F-16C didn't even fire back nor did they detect the MI-24.

When I was playing on the Red Side, 4 of my Fulcrums were shot down by a single A-10 Thunderbolt, which I also think it's impossible since the A-10 can only carry 2 sidewinders.

So how did it shoot down 2 of the Fulcrums assuming both sidewinders hit their targets?

I haven't played EECH in a long time, so my questions might not make sense. Did you watch the planes get shot down? If so, are you sure it was missiles that got them? Or was it from an in-game report? Does the game report planes shot on a runway the same way as if in-air? Just curious.
Posted By: Heretic

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/17/13 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: ColJamesD

With its six-barreled bottle thrower?

It would require dumb MiG drivers and accurate A-10 pilots, but it isn't impossible...

Guided anti-tank missiles can also be used against aerial targets, btw.

In fact, since planes aren't equipped with laser detectors, launching a Hellfire at a plane is a fairly elegant solution to evade chaff and flares.

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/17/13 06:18 PM

They were shot down in the air.
Posted By: oscarfer30

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/24/13 05:35 PM

Hello to everyone, I've been playing this game since 2008, but for some reason i quit at some point.
Now, i buy the game again just for install the add-ons made for you guys.
I want to thank everybody involved in the creation of all patches offered in this site.
Maybe me and a lot of other players can never pay your effort, but at least i can say it loud THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU GUYS !!!!
My very best regards.
biggrin
Posted By: civilian

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/26/13 12:21 PM

Excellent mod, it is truly amazing what you guys managed to do there! Fwiw: I changed the S-8/S-13 missiles in the GWUT to make them laserguided (the russians do use that variant now heavily) and boy I like them! ar15

Google for Ugroza if you want more info...

anyway: Hats off to you guys! Really impressive work!

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/26/13 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: civilian
I changed the S-8/S-13 missiles in the GWUT to make them laserguided (the russians do use that variant now heavily) and boy I like them!

How did you do that?

I see the S-18 and S-13 in the GWUT1140 excel file but which column is for laser guided on and off and what number do I change it to?

Thanks!
Posted By: civilian

Re: 1.15 is out - 01/28/13 01:15 PM

I used a GWUT editor and compared the GWUT file manually as the 1.15 file has a slightly different file size/format.

As a test I also made the MBT cannons also able to fire against air targets, have to playtest this first before I can recommend it, though. Not sure if it will mess up the gameflow or sth.

I only wished one could change the helo loadouts this way, but it seems this has been disbled by the mod/recompilation team. It was possible to do that with earlier versions of the mod iirc. I am not to keen to hexedit the exe manually... biggrin

edit: one of the editors -> http://home.planet.nl/~ek000114/gotcha/gwut.html

Oh and I also discovered this thread: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3597359/GWUT_editing_loadouts.html
© 2024 SimHQ Forums