homepage

What's going on here? (Apache/Hokum pits/helmet sight trouble)

Posted By: Heretic

What's going on here? (Apache/Hokum pits/helmet sight trouble) - 07/17/07 10:24 PM

I came back to EECH after reading the disastrous reviews about EE2 and because I need a break from Strike Fighters and FSX.

But after doing the EECH equivalent of the famous "Falcon dance" (installation procedure), my Apache and Hokum cokcpits looked kind of weird.
Neither the analogue gauges plus the HUD are working. Additionally, I've got no helmet sight in the Comanche.

E.g:

I've got four possible causes:
- Installation error (EEAH -> 1.1e -> EECH -> 1.41c -> EECH Superpatch (the 500+ Mb one); all done "by the book", say EECHcentral))
- A conflict caused by language versions (I've installed both sims in their german language versions)
- A graphical incompatibility (Video hardware: Forceware 162.22 on an 8800GTS)
- Wrong driver settings (Does EECH like VSync?)

Help is appreciated.
Posted By: arneh

Re: What's going on here? (Apache/Hokum pits/helmet sight trouble) - 07/17/07 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Heretic
Neither the analogue gauges plus the HUD are working. Additionally, I've got no helmet sight in the Comanche.

That's two different issues. If you've enabled realistic start up you have to switch on the MFDs (ctrl + [ and ]) and HUD/helmet sight yourself (ctrl+k).

The analogue instruments only work if you've got EEAH installed. If you do and it still doesn't work then EECH for some reason doesn't detect EEAH. Does it say "Apache Havoc: Installed" in the top right corner in the loading screen?

Re: What's going on here? (Apache/Hokum pits/helmet sight trouble) - 07/17/07 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: arneh
That's two different issues. If you've enabled realistic start up you have to switch on the MFDs (ctrl + [ and ]) and HUD/helmet sight yourself (ctrl+k).

*Looks at keycard*

Oh..

*Head -> Desk*
*Head -> Desk*
*Head -> Desk*

\:D

(Hint: Nice additional info for the startup procedure instructions. ;))

Quote:
The analogue instruments only work if you've got EEAH installed. If you do and it still doesn't work then EECH for some reason doesn't detect EEAH. Does it say "Apache Havoc: Installed" in the top right corner in the loading screen?

Yep.

So far I've installed new drivers and did the whole dance anew.

- Edit:

The dials work. Installed 1.41c, then the texture mods from the all-in-one patch and then 1.86 via the mod-updater.

Yet, I can't switch between pilot/gunner pits both in the AH-64 and Mi-28. Bug or feature?
Posted By: Jemoeder

Re: What's going on here? (Apache/Hokum pits/helmet sight trouble) - 07/18/07 12:36 AM

Apache and Havoc don't have CP/G cockpits. At least not yet.

Re: What's going on here? (Apache/Hokum pits/helmet sight trouble) - 07/18/07 12:13 PM

So if I read between the lines, there'll be new pits coming up for them. Cool! \:D
© 2024 SimHQ Forums