homepage

Flying Circus Preorder

Posted By: Master

Flying Circus Preorder - 07/19/18 05:00 AM

https://il2sturmovik.com/news/408/update-3005-tank-crew-and-flying-circus-early-acce/

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/flying-circus/

more expensive than I expected considering what you get. But I guess we have to support it if we want any sort of ww1 flight sim.

Make sure you use your RoF promo code if you bought rof more than 5 years ago.

https://riseofflight.com/store/il2_promo_code/
Posted By: Pooch

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/19/18 06:09 PM

Yeah, a little steep for me at the moment. I'll keep flying ROF for a while. I don't have VR, anyway.

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/19/18 06:46 PM

Wasnt too bad for me.

base price 79

-10 for preorder = 69

-15 for spending more than 201 on RoF... = $55

55 bucks is about what I wanted to spend. I feel sorry for people without that steep of a discount. Not sure I would have bought it for 69 let alone 79.
Posted By: Mark Aisthorpe

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/19/18 08:53 PM

Hmm, I got a promo code for RoF + content purchases but it still shows the price as $69.99 at checkout after applying the code.

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/19/18 08:57 PM

You might need to email their support then.

Anyone who purchased content for ROF between it’s launch in 2009 to Jan. 1, 2013 from our website or a boxed or digital copy from an official retail partner (Excluding STEAM. ROF was not available on STEAM during this period) during that time frame will receive an additional discount.

If you spent between $0.01 and $70.99 you will receive an additional $5 OFF.
If you spent between $71.00 and $200.99 you will receive an additional $10 OFF.
If you spent greater than $201.00 you will receive an additional $15 OFF.

The special discount period ends September 15, 2018.

Everyone gets a different value based on when you bought and how much you spent. Maybe there is a problem with how they generated some codes?
Posted By: J5_Baeumer

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/21/18 04:24 PM

Purchased early access in support of development of future updates and expansions. Make sure you log in to your RoF account click on your profile and then click on the promo code tab first to get the promo code to copy and paste into the IL2 store at checkout.

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/21/18 10:00 PM

I got my discount but it was only an extra $5, I was about 50 cent short for the next step within the 2013 cutoff date.
It took me a while to work out that there was no download and I had to start BoS in Steam.
Posted By: Brigstock

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/22/18 02:59 PM

There s a download.
It's linked In your profile settings.

I leave steam well alone for RoF and Box.

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/22/18 11:07 PM

The only download link it gives me is for BoM

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/23/18 12:32 AM

Its all the same game launcher. Just downkoad bom and iy will give you fc

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/23/18 12:28 PM

That's it
Originally Posted by Mark Aisthorpe
The only download link it gives me is for BoM

That's it.

IIt's not just BoM. That is the download for the great battles series.

Just like rof your licence unlocks access to your specific title/addons in the game
Posted By: Carefree

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/24/18 08:05 AM

This had me confused for a bit too.

Had bought absolutely everything for ROF from day it came out and got my maximum discount ... so very pleased about that, but was wondering where is my download link, eventually realised it was part of my BOM and other purchase franchise, it then took me longer to find out how to actually fly one of the 2 aircraft choices there, LOL ... perhaps this should have been made clearer? seen a few posts around the net wondering about this too. For some reason I honestly was expecting a separate dedicated WW1 download, can see why it is the way it is now of course though.

Glad to support this venture though, Loved RoF (and WOFF) I know what's promised for this module once complete, but does anyone have a rough time scale for new content ... I know it will be ready when it is, but just a rough idea, dedicated map especially.

Have not tried VR yet, re-arranging my sensors as I speak, but will try it this way later today sometime.
Posted By: ArgonV

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 07/24/18 09:25 PM

I do plan to get this in the beginning of August. smile
Posted By: BadBud

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 08/07/18 03:17 PM

I do not understand all the excitement over a somewhat remake of a perfectly good Rise of Flight sim with (if like me) all of the planes purchased through the years of great WWII flying. Even with the full discount, it is still too much $ for a new map, a few of the same RoF planes and whatever we can guess at for now. For now, I will wait for the flyable release and pilot's comments.
BadBud

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 08/07/18 04:15 PM

So far the aircraft look brilliant in the updated engine.
You can definitely see a difference.
Can't wait for the release Vol1 and the new map.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 08/07/18 04:39 PM

I have bought FC on release, had a play around with both planes, but after a few flights in Quick Missions, got bored stiff, and took a few screen shots, but there is nothing else to do at this stage.
Currently back to RoF flying my MFJ 1 career, and WoFF flying my Camel career...

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 08/09/18 04:52 PM

Have changed my mind about pre-buy FC now. After viewing and enjoying the many videos of FC, I an excited and will go for it now. I just wish that we were getting the Camel now instead of the Spad (not one of my favorite WWI planes).
Thanks all you sim pilots for sharing your videos.
BadBud

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 08/14/18 04:08 PM

Will additional WWI planes as completed be made available to those of us who pre-ordered FC?
Any estimate as to when final FC will be released?
Really enjoy flying the Spad and the Fokker Dr1 and still love flying RoF.
Keep up the good work!

Badbud
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: Flying Circus Preorder - 08/15/18 02:30 AM

Having seen how the single player aspect of RoF basically disappeared into the ether, I am going to wait until it is good and implemented before picking up Flying Circus. However if anyone of the developers reads this, I will be all over your product if a reasonable non-fixed mission career ever does materialize... salute
© 2024 SimHQ Forums