homepage

RoF D/L probs

Posted By: Skiddmark

RoF D/L probs - 01/11/12 01:12 PM

Using the D/L links from the thread on this Forum.
Never saw anything like it. No matter which D/L Manager I use (Firefox/Getright)it goes unresponsive at 99 - 100%.
Task Manager shows 2 (unresponsive)instances of the file.
Go thru the usual Task Manager steps to END/End Now/Don't tell Microsoft but at least 1 won't go away. Also listed in PROCESSES and will not END there either. CPU is running at 34% until I reboot.
Getright shows ..1020... AND ...1021b... as current actives. ...1020... @ 99% and ...1021b... @ 0%.
I've tried to D/L 4 times now and no luck.
"ROF_ICE_Unlimited_Demo_1020.exe" is in my D/L folder at 3.73Gb
Now this is really weird.... "ROF_ICE_Unlimited_Demo_1021b.exe" is also in there as a 7Z SFX (unpacker) setup icon @ 30.1 Mb and when I dbl click reports "ROF...." as a "non 7Z archive".
screwy
Posted By: Laser

Re: RoF D/L probs - 01/11/12 05:16 PM

The small one is corrupt, that's why you get the message. If you have problems with the direct download, try the very legal (official) torrent: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=27604 Good luck!

Re: RoF D/L probs - 01/12/12 02:11 AM

Hey, Gabi, whatever that link was it D/L'd in 1sec.
Anyhow I'm using option 1 from the "www.riseofflightdemo.com". Let you know in 3 hrs if it works.
I'm running from IE this time.
Firefox went unresponsive everytime I clicked "save file".

Re: RoF D/L probs - 01/12/12 05:44 AM

Unbelievable. After 3.5 hrs IE's downloader froze with 1 second left to download! Unresponsive. Absolutely cannot be removed from Task Manager Applications OR Processes OR Notification Tray. CPU running at about 34% with nothing showing activity, System Idle Process at 99%. Reboot required.
That's 3 downloaders and 2 browsers that all ended up with the same failure.

Re: RoF D/L probs - 01/12/12 01:48 PM

More weird, last night I was D/L 1021b which failed at 1sec left but the file left in my D/L folder is 1020 (3.73Gb). So I dbl click on it nothing happens. It's running as PROCESS in Task Manager though.
I turn off my AV and start D/L 1021b again from the same link as last night. It doesn't ask me if I want to overwrite. 1.5hrs after I dbl clicked on the 1020 a 7zip window pops up "You need 4Gb disk space to unpack this file, continue?" Yes.
So I'm currently D/L 1021b and unpacking 1020 at the same time.
I also found this weird RoF site where somebody doesn't know English. The sentences make no sense. http://riseofflightdemo.net/
Just curious about that.

Re: RoF D/L probs - 01/12/12 10:29 PM

That "...1020..." file unpacked - successfully!
It installed - successfully!
It updated - successfully!
I registered - successfully!
I'm very impressed with the joystick tweaks.
I flew a quick mission in the Spad 13. The amount of environment available to view from the cockpit is teeny, like looking through a little slit. I can't see anything, especially with that huge strut right in front of my face! Just what I was talking about in my other post, only worse but there's a lot of view stuff I haven't figured out yet.
What I can see looks very impressive.
All I know about the views so far is mouse look and recenter. I got a Fokker D IV smoking but he shot me down so I got a close up view of the grass, very nice graphics yep
I'm running settings with mem use at 50% and everything is smooth, no glitching or stutters. Looks like I can turn some stuff up but some of the sliders don't work.
So, I'm in the air with RoF, looks like a bit of learning curve is in store.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums