homepage

777 Studios taking over COD development ?

Posted By: 303_Michcich

777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 03:00 PM

Hi,

Given sad state of IL2 cliffs of dover, is it possible that 777 takes over development or develops its own WWII combat flight sim ? the one thing that 1C seems to be needing is some healthy competition. Someone should really set fire under their ar$es and 777 seems the right crowd to do so.
Posted By: Mogster

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 03:25 PM

I think what Luthier and the Maddox guys need for now is some time to try and fix CloDs obvious problems.

I'm hoping that in a year or so's time we'll be able to say, "this is what CloD should have been like at release".
Posted By: arjisme

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 03:48 PM

It's been suggested before that 777 do a WWII sim. However, I (and many others) would not want to see this anytime soon and would rather see them remain focused on RoF, improving and expanding it. Thus far, that seems to be exactly what they are planning to do. If they could find a way to finance hiring additional resources, then it could be cool to see them attempt this.
Posted By: Jaws2002

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 03:51 PM

Maddox games has contractual/financial obligations with UBI and 1c. I doubt 777, or anyone else for that matter, is willing to put up with all that crap.
Posted By: Georgio

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 03:58 PM

It's always best to do one thing well instead of spreading yourself over too many genres; 1c have a good niche with WW2, 777 with WW1, sounds like a good plan for healthy sales/continued development to me.
if they started encroaching on each others strengths then you end up with a diluted mess IMO.
Now that CoD is actually generating some return, we should see the same improvement with that title as we did with RoF.
I wonder how many of the whiners and knockers would stick at their jobs if they were told they'd be paid 'sometime' in the future when the work they were doing actually started to generate revenue.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaws2002
Maddox games has contractual/financial obligations with UBI and 1c. I doubt 777, or anyone else for that matter, is willing to put up with all that crap.

That`s what I`d hope for - they`d expand their game engine AND business model to create great WWII flight sim. And if they just used existing ROF engine it would be so much better than current COD.
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 06:28 PM

It would be interesting to see how the ROF dynamic campaign plays out before I would even want to ponder this question.

RR
Posted By: nats

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 06:29 PM

I would much rather see a new Tornado, Typhoon or other modern jet sim rather than yet another WW2 sim. IL2 has pretty much covered the lot dont see any reason for another version of IL2. The only WW2 sim I wanted to see was the BOB and we are getting that (gradually).
Posted By: nils

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 06:57 PM

I really wish 777 would concentrate on WW1 alone. There's just such a huge potentional for expansions for this sim? There were just so many exiting areas involved in the Great War, that has never been covered (and hardly mentioned today) There was several battlegrounds in Africa, and also WW1 had it's eastern front with it's huge battles and fights, there were the endless battles about beaches of Gallipoli, the Arabic peninsula ( Lawrence of Arabia anyone? smile )
I really really hope we'll see (at least some) of these covered in the future. It's just too good to miss..
Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 07:13 PM

We have nothing to do with COD. What has been suggested will never happen.

We always planned on making multiple products in multiple time periods. I've said this before so it's not news. How we go about that is what we don't know yet, but lets say that our inboxes and interest from others for us to branch out into WWII is on fire. An engine like ours should not be limited to only one war. :-)

Jason
Posted By: LukeFF

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 08:44 PM

Maddox Games is a part of 1C.
Posted By: ishbu

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 09:00 PM

You certainly have my vote Jason
Posted By: Josh Echo

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
We always planned on making multiple products in multiple time periods. I've said this before so it's not news. How we go about that is what we don't know yet, but lets say that our inboxes and interest from others for us to branch out into WWII is on fire. An engine like ours should not be limited to only one war. :-)

\o/

You guys will/would make a Second World War flight sim that will/would put even Aces High to shame, or I'll eat my socks.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 10:31 PM

Ideally we would have simultaneous operations making more than one product or updating more than one product at a time. That's always been the dream. All we need is a few more personnel and you can have both WWI and WWII in a reasonable timeframe already. But at some point ROF features will be frozen and only content will be added. The boys have been working in WWI for over 5 years now. They are a little tired of it. Can you blame them? And we believe in evolutionary development which means baby steps. If we did WWII we will probably not release a full blown WWII product a la COD. That is a mistake in today's market with the level of complexity and cost to make a big WWII sim. We'd rather take small, but strong steps.

If the community does the following:

1. Exercises Patience
2. Accepts the difficulties of development (Nothing is bug free)
3. Lightens up a little
3. Supports new business models
4. Supports evolutionary development

...then all is possible and you can have a robust community with new flight-sim products on a regular basis.

What's interesting to note is we could realize WWI, WWII and Korea (over a 5 year period) if the existing ROF user base simply got behind whatever it is we do next. The sim community is not that big, but if those that already own ROF just conitnue to support us when we make our next move we could make more and more cool stuff for you.

Jason
Posted By: Donik

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 10:45 PM

1. Exercises Patience
3. Lightens up a little

...then all is possible and you can have a robust community with new flight-sim products on a regular basis.

Done deal, I'm ready! smile
Posted By: Kwiatek

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 04/30/11 11:06 PM

I think that if in time you will move to WW1 peroid you will have even much large community. For sure WW2 is much more popular then WW1 although personaly i love them both. I started my flying adventure with gliders so for me WW1 is just the essence of flying.

P.S to Michcich

Cze Michcich kupe lat. Odezwij sie to moze razem polatamy w ROF. Mamy swojego team speaka do gadania jak co.

Pozdrawiam 303_Kwiatek
Posted By: knightgames

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: 303_Michcich
Hi,

Given sad state of IL2 cliffs of dover, is it possible that 777 takes over development or develops its own WWII combat flight sim ? the one thing that 1C seems to be needing is some healthy competition. Someone should really set fire under their ar$es and 777 seems the right crowd to do so.

Apparently you weren't here for the early days of RoF. It wasn't perfect. Far far from it. I'm very fortunate that I never had a lot of the issues many had/have here, but there was a bunch of issues. Now almost two years later and RoF is a smashingly decent flight sim.

IDK what happened with the development of CoD but give it two years and it'll be as good or better (depending on one's preference) than RoF.

Both companies have talented individuals who continue to make strides in their respective project. It's foolish to think someone else could jump in and 'finish' another company's game..... or worse, #%&*$# and moan to another developer when that own company's release was spotted at best.

Look how far RoF has come. A beauty ain't she? Took a bit, but Jason and crew work hard to get where they are now. CoD will advance just as well.
Posted By: Scoobe

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 01:08 AM

Although I prefer WW1 to any other period, Ill stand behind whatever sim they make next. The Digital Nature engine is the best Ive seen so far, and I think it will make a great starting point for WW2 as well. Personally, Id like Korea done next. Nothings been done with that since Mig Alley (another classic)

Rob
Posted By: Squid_Von_Torgar

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 01:24 AM

COD is in a similar state to ROF when first released.

But to my mind we cant have enough quality combat flight sims. For me its not a choice of either or, rather "nice, another one!"

Im holding back on COD, simply because I know it will mature with time and that ROF furfills my current sim needs.

But one thing that concerns me is this great community itself. We demand excellence within a small market place. I dont think anyone deciedes to produce a PC flight sim to get rich. Its a labour of passion. And therefore we should support it best as able to maintain our great hobby.

I fear the day when there are only console releases because they are easy, profitable and inherently unsatisfying.
Posted By: Paul Rix

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 01:53 AM

I don't know if there would be a market for it or not, but I would like to fly some types from the 20's and 30's...
These photo's were given to me by my Grandfather when I joined the RAF. He was inthe RAF during the early 1930's and then re-enlisted before WW2 kicked off...

He got them from a friend of his who worked in the photographic section where he was based.

The only problem with the 20's and 30's as far as combat sims are concerned is that there wasn't a major conflict to set it in (well maybe the Spanish civil war I guess).

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 02:03 AM

The sim community is not that big, but if those that already own ROF just conitnue to support us when we make our next move we could make more and more cool stuff for you.

We'd be stupid not to.
Posted By: meuhey

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 02:56 AM

id support some 20s-30s flight sims, man that would be cool!!! But WWI sims are the best, rof has so much potential!
Posted By: Avimimus

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 03:51 AM

The least re-engineering for the RoF engine would be to do an early flight civil sim (and while it might not have much currency with the online dogfight crowd - there is a big casual/civilian market out there + there is the fact that you don't really need to have a joystick if you aren't dogfighting). This could be a relative quick (1-2 years of development) source of cash.

Another easy rebuild would be to do a 1920s-1930s sim (which hasn't been done, but would have a lot of neat birds in a hypothetical conflict or in the SCW).

Jumping into the WWII combat environment means competing with an engine that is custom designed for that conflict and having two companies doing the same thing (which doesn't seem to make much sense). I like the current situation where we have company for WWI, WWIII, a tank simulator and a 1980s era (DCS series).

We still could do with a realistic, but less avionically serious "PAK-FA" vs. Ef-2000 type futuristic sim, or even an Echelon successor and certainly some more sims in the 1950s-1970s bracket (Jet Thunder or a new sim by TK?). The 1930s is also missing (partly due to the lack of wars). It would also be great to have a Russian helo-sim (possible based on "Combat Helo"?). But having 777/Grennadich compete with the three WWII sims already planned from Maddox Games..??
Posted By: vocatx

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 03:51 AM

Jason, tell me where to send the check and I'll preorder right now!

The aircraft of the inter-war years are very interesting. While there weren't too many large-scale conflicts, there were a few air battles fought, especially over China, with quite a few of these planes. For a chance to fly a P-12, I'd even buy a 'what if' type sim.

While Il-2 did an amazing job of covering a large number of WW II aircraft, there were glaring omissions that I'd love to see included in a new sim. B-26, A-26, Ki-44, several large multi-engine bombers.

I never had a chance to try Mig Alley. The mix of early jets and late prop planes has always intrigued me. I just don't care for the more modern avionics such as in an A-10 or other modern fighter. The Korean era still relied mainly on the Mk. I eye-ball and that suits me just fine.
Posted By: Toadvine

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Josh Echo
The sim community is not that big, but if those that already own ROF just conitnue to support us when we make our next move we could make more and more cool stuff for you.

We'd be stupid not to.

Yep, right now 777 is the premier PC combat flight sim developer. As a game designed for modern hardware, it is the most complete, polished, combat flight sim currently on the market. That is quite an accomplishment. It has been vision, faith, talent, hard work, a willingness to take risk, and no major missteps along the way that brought it this far. And because RoF is a quality product many flight simmers who aren't especially drawn to WW1 have been attracted to RoF and jumped on board.

Once this Career mode goes live it will launch RoF into orbit. I think it will prove a huge boost to the game. A dynamic campaign is the only core gameplay element RoF is really lacking. Even if the Career doesn't launch with every feature we can imagine, that won't be a game breaker. As long as the frame work is there, what it does include is fun, and it works, it can always be expanded upon and improved. Much like RoF itself when it first launched.
Posted By: Pooch

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:25 AM

I'd like to see you revive that P-47's over the Pacific, idea.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 06:45 AM

WWII has many theatres and many planes and much ground combat. WWII alone could spawn 6 products easily.

Yes, P-47s over the Pacific is still a dream. I have lots of dreams though. :-)

Jason
Posted By: Ajay

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 10:29 AM

Whats your ideal Jason?
Posted By: Wodin

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 11:00 AM

Erm...paying for each plane for WW1 is OK...can you imagine having to pay for all those planes that where released over time for IL2 FB!!!

Couldn't afford it...also I expect many planes wouldn't be bought...if they kept to the major planes for each nation then fine..

But I would like to see tham do a WW2 sim and maybe Korea....nothing with to much tech though..

I also agree with the Lighten up request...aslong as it works both ways then I'm happy..
Posted By: Mudpup

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 11:00 AM

I have to say, the prospect of a 777 designed Korean combat sim is quite something and I'd be buying for sure.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 11:07 AM

Ideally we would have simultaneous operations making more than one product or updating more than one product at a time. That's always been the dream. All we need is a few more personnel and you can have both WWI and WWII in a reasonable timeframe already. But at some point ROF features will be frozen and only content will be added. The boys have been working in WWI for over 5 years now. They are a little tired of it. Can you blame them? And we believe in evolutionary development which means baby steps. If we did WWII we will probably not release a full blown WWII product a la COD. That is a mistake in today's market with the level of complexity and cost to make a big WWII sim. We'd rather take small, but strong steps.

1. Exercises Patience
3. Lightens up a little

What's interesting to note is we could realize WWI, WWII and Korea (over a 5 year period) if the existing ROF user base simply got behind whatever it is we do next. The sim community is not that big, but if those that already own ROF just conitnue to support us when we make our next move we could make more and more cool stuff for you.

Jason

Absolutely smile Just let know when Friday updates are about to start and where we can preorder smile I guess `two weeks` is not when we are going to get it but an ETA would be appreciated.

What is most impressive regarding ROF (and could hopefully be extended onto WWII sim) is a very insightful way you guys approach the sim development and the business model it`s built around. It really is about making small but solid steps first (and it is something COD din`t do - they were trying to get hold of too many things at a time and ended up with bunch of bugs and a game that simply lacks focus on what it should be doing - fighting large bomber formations in the height of summer of 1940).

As both a flight sim fan and business person, I think in ROF these two parts come together very well. Bravo !

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 11:09 AM

I'd hope that planes will still be added to ROF though and maybe map elements? It'd make no sense not to surely. Feature freeze means gfx and physics engine development?

I seem to remember that Jason had a Pacific P47 sim in the works a few years ago but it never materialised. Food for thought? The Pacific's been neglected imo, Pacific Fighters wasn't too hot and and Maddox are unlikely to go back there even in the medium term.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Kwiatek
I think that if in time you will move to WW1 peroid you will have even much large community. For sure WW2 is much more popular then WW1 although personaly i love them both. I started my flying adventure with gliders so for me WW1 is just the essence of flying.

P.S to Michcich

Cze Michcich kupe lat. Odezwij sie to moze razem polatamy w ROF. Mamy swojego team speaka do gadania jak co.

Pozdrawiam 303_Kwiatek

@ KwiateK : jasne, sciagne teamspeaka to sie znajdziemy w ROF. To badziewie COD mnie dobija. I to po 6 latach.
Posted By: Jorri

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 11:31 AM

I guess I would be one of the guys who wouldn't go along the ride. I play RoF because I love the WWI theatre and I love 777 studios for making it.

I'm sure 777 could pull off something equally as good as ROF in another theatre and period in history but they can do it without me: I play ROF for ROF, not for 777.

While I think it would be a mistake that you can copy over the ROF community 1:1 to any new product with a new theme and you shouldn't count on that, of course there would also be a new group of people you would attract so that might even itself out or even work in your favour eventually.

I'd be srry to see it happen, though. There is still so much more that can be done with ROF. I just hope that by 'content', you also mean new maps and new elements like float planes and submarines and ships and zeppelins and......

Yeah, you get the point smile
Posted By: Ami7b5

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 11:43 AM

I would certainly support some WWII stuff made by 777.
Posted By: RocketDog

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 12:06 PM

I'd love to see 777 expand into other theatres. An obvious start could be the Spanish Civil War because of the limited aircraft sets. WWII is more difficult because there were just so many types of aircraft involved. But, marketing-wise, it would be best to go straight away for something with US aircraft in it to generate the highest possible volume of sales, so maybe carrier ops in the Pacific? If 777 could capitalise on their experience with RoF then they could produce something really special.

All this is after they have done a glider sim just for me, of course.
Posted By: jimbop

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 12:12 PM

1. Exercises Patience
3. Lightens up a little

Interesting. What's your vision for a new business model? Do you mean new when compared to ROF?
Posted By: tagTaken2

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: RocketDog
An obvious start could be the Spanish Civil War because of the limited aircraft sets.

SCW had many, many plane types- most in small quantities.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: RocketDog
I'd love to see 777 expand into other theatres. An obvious start could be the Spanish Civil War because of the limited aircraft sets. WWII is more difficult because there were just so many types of aircraft involved. But, marketing-wise, it would be best to go straight away for something with US aircraft in it to generate the highest possible volume of sales, so maybe carrier ops in the Pacific? If 777 could capitalise on their experience with RoF then they could produce something really special.

All this is after they have done a glider sim just for me, of course.

The easiest start would be Pacific without carrier ops, P47s, P38s, P40s, Beaufighters.

I don't see why people think the Spanish Civil War would make a good sim project. Conflict no one's heard of, one sided, planes no one's heard of(mostly), few planes that could transfer to another WW2 theatre's (mostly) Hmmmm.
Posted By: elephant

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 12:58 PM

As a dedicated supporter of 777 Studios, I would like to see all this expansion mentioned realised but,
I would like to see RoF more complete before moving to another project though... yep

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 01:07 PM

Using the ROF gfx and physics engine (and campaign engine?) for another project would rake in the $$$ though.

I agree I'd like to see new planes and maps added to ROF for the forseeable. ROF isn't finished till we have Paris and Zeppelins smile
Posted By: WernerVoss

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 01:08 PM

RoF needs:

a) All of the rest of the planes that figured large in WW1
b) The dynamic campaign/career mode
c) A proper online environment (though b will do)

At the moment it's a fantastic car with nowhere to drive.

CoD needs:

a) To work.

At the moment it's a non-functional shell on blocks in the drive.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 01:13 PM

The campaign and extra 1918 planes are incoming though. This is just thinking ahead, next year....?

As I've said I can't see why adding new planes wouldn't continue, just the gfx and physics improvements should stop.
Posted By: maclean525

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 01:42 PM

Adding extra WWI planes to the existing theater, while nice, is not going to take the ROF engine to the next level. Building a Tiger Moth, for example, would MASSIVELY increase both the interest and user base. Once they get that right it would be the next logical step to start producing early-WWII planes. If CLOD has taught us anything it's that there is a surprisingly large and passionate community waiting to cough up the $$$ for the opportunity to fly WWII planes. All 777 have to do is stay away from the Battle of Britain for now and concentrate on maybe the Pacific theater? Zero's, 47, 51's aaaaahhhhhhh. Sure I'd personally love 777 to do the BOB era but I know it would cause a lot of friction in our small community. Politically it would be better to start somewhere else.

Bottom line if 777 started work on WWII era planes I'd buy them all, without hesitation, even at a higher price.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 01:47 PM

how about if they started with Eastern Front with Barbarossa and then built on that step by step ?
Posted By: Chef

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 02:08 PM

1. Exercises Patience
3. Lightens up a little

Jason

Hi Jason,

I usually don't make many comments but this was an interesting post to me. It obvious you have given the transition to the WWII era much thought as well you should. Are you going tohave your more experienced programmers turn their attention to WWII ONCE that decision is made and have new staff "get their feet wet" in the WWI era? While I am more interested in WWI I would be interested in WWII. I'm more interested in areas that get less attention like France and Italy's air forces during WWII but I doubt that would be a big seller for most.

I am curious on your opinion on what is the most difficult demands customers place on developement and the product itself. I unerstand if you do not answer this question as the usual "#%&*$#" would just glom onto your statement and twist the words around to make them mean what THEY want them to mean. I support and maintain healthcare financial software and I just couldn't see working 12 to 16 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week. Personally I think the guys are putting too much effort in an need to get out and appreciate life a little before they get too burned out. You have a great team and product and I think the support and communication you provide it quite good. When mistakes happen like the recent Amazon server outage that stuff is beyond your control, despite what a minority think. And some are always going to complain about flight models regardless if you slapped them into a real
vintage aircraft.

Sincerely,

Chef
Posted By: Doozi

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 02:42 PM

Where is it written that us flight sim fans can only buy ONE version of any flight sim ?
If there were 20 good WWII flight sims out there I would probably buy ALL of them yep

1C , 777 and all other flight sim developers are my friends. I may prefer one over another
but you can bet I'm gonna have em all sooner of later !
PC games in general are under assult by the console crowd these days , so I'll support most
any decent flight sim through thick and thin.

doozi
Posted By: godzilla1985

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 03:09 PM

My vote would go for an Korean Air War sim since it would probably have a much shorter development time and would sell at least as good as RoF and it's just long over due to be blunt. The plane set isn't huge like WW2 or WWI and there is the added bonus of carrier op's, not to the scale of WW2 but at least represented. I would be a liarer if I said I had no interest in a new WW2 sim but it would be a huge undertaking compared to RoF or a Korean Air War sim. The sales of RoF and a Korean Air War sim could possibly generate enough cash to bankroll a full flat out all inclusive WW2 Air War simulation.
cheers

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 03:21 PM

I would rather to see Spanish Civil War theathre then Polish September 1939 and Battle of France etc. etc. smile
Posted By: ATAG_Bliss

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:01 PM

I would much rather see these guys actually fix their current game. Currently if you have over 50 humans in a mission, the server is bound to lag out / crash regardless of client/server hardware. Also, with the game engine limitations you can't have any sort of large scale representation of the theater of war. I can't count the number of times we've had to change the object count in missions just to be able to get them to run. And I'm talking about a small number of objects to begin with. We can't even come close to simulating being part of WWI. I kinda figured that was the point right? Or were the trenches over NML empty the entire war? But instead of working on fixing issues such as FM of planes that have been wrong since their release (some of which are almost 2 years old) and game engine issues, now they've gone and made a compass, cockpit instruments and lights, and gun sights to sell? I actually spit on my monitor in laughter when I saw that.

I'm wondering if you bought a mustang if you'd have to buy the merlin to make it start? Perhaps they'll start selling the virtual gasoline for it next? If these guys produce a sim with the ROF engine, IL2 will have about as much competition as Wings of Prey did.
Posted By: Tell

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:10 PM

Jason

Is RoF based on licensed il2 code?

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Wodin
Erm...paying for each plane for WW1 is OK...can you imagine having to pay for all those planes that where released over time for IL2 FB!!!
Couldn't afford it...also I expect many planes wouldn't be bought...if they kept to the major planes for each nation then fine..

Not a whole lot more Second World War fighter types than Great War scout types. At least not the significant ones. P-38, Me-109, Spitfire, P-51, P-47, F4U, F4F, F6F, P-40, P-39, FW-190, Hurricane, A6M, and a handful of Russian and Italian fighters—it adds up to roughly the same number of fighters that we have in Rise of Flight now.

Originally Posted By: Tell

No. Not remotely. Originally the plan was to do so, but fortunately Neoqb (now 777 Studios) abandoned that idea at the very beginning and used their own entirely original engine for Rise of Flight. 777 Studios doesn't utilize any software from Ubisoft/Maddox Games. Even if Jason hadn't said so several times before, this is pretty obvious from playing the two different sims. They're nothing like. R.o.F. is Angels 10,000 over IL-2.
Posted By: Squid_Von_Torgar

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:19 PM

Quote:

No
Posted By: kabolla

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:28 PM

Korea or Vietnam would be my preferences, but I will follow 777 wherever they choose to take me.

Mig Alley Ace
Posted By: malkuth

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:33 PM

Nothing personal to op but I hope this is a joke? Cause if I remember correctly and I do, rof was not really all that great either when it first came out! Back then I could of made this same thread replaced cod with rof and used il2 1946 as that games developers as the will they take over rof?
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:48 PM

1. Exercises Patience
3. Lightens up a little

#2 - bugs are a fact of software, but "nothing is bug free" isn't true either. A lot of for example racing titles or FPS titles get released in a perfectly working order, something that neither CoD nor RoF had the luxury of. I'm a bit surprised to see a publisher state this as if it was a god-given fact that flight sims are never going to work right on release day, and expects the community to sign this off as inescapable fact of life.

#4 - as long as the new business models have something to offer for the customer base and not just the developer. The jury for RoF still being out on that.

#3 - if the above two are met we will certainly "lighten up a little".

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:49 PM

But I would like to see tham do a WW2 sim and maybe Korea....nothing with to much tech though..

I also agree with the Lighten up request...aslong as it works both ways then I'm happy..

Agree.. Could you imagine having to pay for all the flyable planes in IL2-46?

Quote:
Bell47 Helicopter
H19D Helicopter
HRS3 Helicopter
A-20C
A-20C_RKKA_E_NW (1942)
A-20C_RKKA_NW (1943)
A-20DB7 – Boston MK.II
A-20G
A-20G_RKKA_NW (1943)
A-20G_RKKA (1943)
A-20G_RKKF (1943)
A-20Gussr (A-20G VVS, 1943)
A-20G-1
A-20H
A-26B
AirCobra1
B-17D
B-17E
B-17F
B-17G
B-24J-100-CF
B-25D-5NC
B-25D-20NC
B-25J-15NA
B-25J-22NA
B-25C_RKKA
B-25D_RKKA
B-25J_RKKA
B-29
RB-29 Recon
Tu-4 Bull
B-25C-25NA
B-25G-1NA
B-25H-1NA
B-25J-1NA
BeaufighterMk21
BeaufighterMkIF
BeaufighterMkI ]
BeaufighterMkX
BlenheimMkIV
BlenheimMkIVF
BI-1
BI-6
BuffaloMkI
C-47
C-47A
C-47B
C-47Export
XC-47C floater
XC-47X floater
XC-47JET_Testbed
AC-47_Spooky
CW-21
DXXI_DK
DXXI_DU
DB-3b
DB-3M
DB-3T
DB-3F
FaireyBattle
FM-1_GM
FM-2_GM
F2A-2
F4F-3
F4F-4
FM-2
F4U-1A
F4U-1C
F4U-1D
F4U-4
F4U-4B
F4U-5
F4U-5N
CorsairMkI
CorsairMkII
CorsairMkIV
Curtiss F6
MartletMkI
MartletMkII
F6F-3_Early
F6F-3_Mod
F6F-5_Mod
F6F-3
F6F-5
F6F-6
F6C4Hawk
F6F-5N
F8F-2 “Bearcat”
F9F2 “Panther”
XF9F6 “Cougar”
F84G1_ThunderJet
F84G2_ThunderJet
F84G3_ThunderJet
F84G ThunderJet
F84G ThunderJet Nuke
F84F Thunderstreak
F-86_A5
F-86F25E
F-86_F1
F-86F25L
F-86_F30
FokkerG1
FulmarMkI
G-11
HALIFAX_bMkIII
HurricaneMkI_early with Watts 2-blade prop
HurricaneMkI_Ia Trop
HurricaneMkI_Ia 12lbs
HurricaneMkI_Ia 12lbs Trop
HurricaneMkI_b
HurricaneMkI_bT
HurricaneMkIIa
HurricaneMkIIb
HurricaneMkIIb Hurribomber
HurricaneMkIIb Trop
HurricaneMkIIb VVS Field Modded
HurricaneMkIIbB
HurricaneMkIIbT
HurricaneMkIIc
HurricaneMkIIcB
HurricaneMkIIcT
HurricaneMkIIc Hurribomber
HurricaneMkIIc Trop
HurricaneMkIId
HurricaneMkIIbModDZZ
HurricaneMk IV
Sea Hurricane Mk Ib
Sea Hurricane Mk IIc
Hurricane_Ex fictional plane
I-15bis
I-15bis_Skis
I-15_m22
I-15_m25
I-153M62
I-153P
I-153_2BS
I_153_2SHKAS_BS
I-153_fin
I-16type5 “Mosca”
I-16type5_SPB
I-16type5_Skis
I-16type6
I-16type6_Skis
I-16Type10
I-16type10WC
I-16Type12
I-16Type17
I-16type18
I-16Type18bs
I-16type24
I-16type24_SPB
I-16Type27
I-16Type28
I-16type29
I-185M-71
I-185M-82A
I-250
Il-2_1940_Early
Il-2_1940_Late
Il-2_1941_Early
Il-2_1941_Late
Il-2I
Il-2M_Early
Il-2M_Late
Il-2T
Il-2I_DZZMod
Il-2T_DZZMod
Il-2_3
Il-2_M3
Il-2_1941_Late_DZZ
Il-4
Il-10
I-153N_Float
Lancaster
LaGG-3series1
LaGG-3series11
LaGG-3series4
LaGG-3series29
LaGG-3series35
LaGG-3IT
LaGG-3series66
LaGG-3RD
La-5
La-5F
La-5FN
La-7
La-73xB20
La-7R
Li-2
Magister
MACCHI 5
MACCHI 7
HANSA 5
HANSA 7
MBR-2-AM-34
MiG-3
MiG-3ud
MiG-3-2xUB
MiG-3-2xShVAK
MiG-3-AM-38
MiG-3U
MiG-9protoF-2
MiG-9FS
MiG-15(bis)
MiG-15(bis) Late
MiG-17
MosquitoBMkIV
MosquitoFBMkVI
MosquitoFBMkXVIII
MosquitoBMkXVI
MosquitoNFMkII
MosquitoFBMkVICC
MosquitoTRMk33
P_11c
P_11F
P_24b
P_24e
P_24f
P_24g
P-35
P-36A-3 “Hawk”
P-36A-4 “Hawk”
P-38E “Lightning"
P-38F-1-LO
P-38G-5-LO
P-38G-10-LO
P-38G-15-LO
P-38H-5-LO
P-38J-10-LO
P-38J-15-LO
P-38J-25-LO
P-38L-5-LO
P-38J
P-38L
P-38L_Late
P-38M
P-38N
P-38-DroopSnoot
P-400
P-26
P-35
P-39D1 “Airacobra”
P-39D2
P-39N1
P-39N1M
P-39Q-1
P-39Q-10
P-39Q-30
Hawk75A-2
Hawk75A-3
Hawk75A-4
Hawk75H
Hawk81A-2
Kittyhawk
KittyhawkMkIa
P-40 new wings
P-40B
P-40C
Tomahawk
TomahawkMkIIa
TomahawkMkIIb
P-40 Breco
P-40E
P-40E-M-105
P-40F
P-40L
P-40M
P-40-N
P-40K
P-40K-5
P-40L-10
P-40M-10
P-40N-1
P-40N-5
P-47B-1
P-47B15
P-47D-10
P-47D-22
P-47D-27
P-47D
P-50-A
P-51-A
P-51B
P-51B-NA
P-51B-5NA
P-51B-10NA
P-51B-10MHood
P-51C
P-51C-NT
P-51D-5Early
P-51D-20NT
P-51D-25NA
P-51D-30NA
F-51D-30NA
P-51D-5NT
P-51D-20NA
F51_Cavalier
F51_COIN
F51_Ramjet
F51_Pulsejet
Mustang_II_Tanks
Mustang_II_NoTanks
MustangIII
P-63C
P-80A
RF-80A
F-80A_ShootingStar
P2V5_Neptune
PBN-1
PBJ_C1
PBJ_D1
PBJ_G1
PBJ_J1
Pe-2 series1 – “Pescka”
Pe-2series84
Pe-2series110
Pe-2series359
Pe-3series1
Pe-3bis
Pe-8
PZL-37B
PZL_PuW_bombs
R-5
R-5_skis
R-10
Skyraider_AD-4
Skyraider_A1-J
SB_2M-100A Dauntless
SB_2M-103
SBD-3 Dauntless
SBD-5
SeafireMkI
SeafireMkII
SeafireMkII4xH
SeafireMkII45
SeafireMkII50
SeafireMkIII
SeafireFMkIII
Seafire Mk. XV
SeaFuryMkI
SeafuryMkX
SpitfireMkI_early
SpitfireMkI
SpitfireMkIb
SpitfireMkIIa
SpitfireMkIIb
SpitfireMkVa
SpitfireMkVb
SpitfireMkVbT trop
SpitfireMkVb12lbs
SpitfireMkVb16lbs
SpitfireMkVbCLP
SpitfireMkVbLF
SpitfireMkVbLFCLP
SpitfireMkVbM4616lbs
SpitfireMkVc
SpitfireMkVcLand (Without sand scoops)
SpitfireMKVc4xHLand
SpitfireMKVc4CW
SpitfireMkVc16lbs
SpitfireMkVc4xH
SpitfireMkVIII
SpitfireMkVIIICLP
SpitfireMkIXcM61
SpitfireMkIXcM63
SpitfireMkIXc
SpitfireMkIXcCLP
SpitfireMkIXcHF
SpitfireMkIXe
SpitfireMkIXeCLP
SpitfireMkIXeHF
SpitfireMkIX25lbs
SpitfireMkIX25lbsCLP
SPITXIIearly
SpitfireMkXII
SpitfireMkXIVC
SpitfireMkLFXIVE
SpitfireMkXVIe
SpitfireMkXVIe4
SpitfireMkXVIeCLP
SpitfireMkXVIe25
SpitfireMkXVIeCLP25
Spitfire_P.R._Mk.XI
Su-2
SwordfishMkI
TempestMkV
TempestFBMkII
TyphoonMkIB
TyphoonMkIBLate
TempestMkV11Lbs
TempestMkV13Lbs
TB-3_4M-17
TB-3_4M-17_T_DZZMod
TB-3_4M-34R_T_DZZMod
TB-3_4M-34R
TB-3_4M-34R_SPB
TBF-1 “Avenger”
TBF-1C
TBM-1 “GM Avengers”
TBM-3
T6_Texan
SNJ_5C
AvengerMkIII
Tu-2S
U-2VS
U-2NB
U-2UT
U-2VS(SHKAS)
U19A_Gun
L-5_Sentinel
L-5A
TigerMoth
Su-26 aerobatics plane
Su-26m
Yak-1Light
Yak-1
Yak-1Bearly
Yak-1B_Early
Yak-1B
Yak-1Late
Yak-1PF
Yak-1PFLight
Yak-3
Yak-3P
Yak-3VK-107
Yak-3R
Yak-3bsf
Yak-3Km naval
Yak-7A
Yak-7B
Yak-7BPF
Yak-7B_late
Yak-9
Yak-9B
Yak-9D
Yak-9D-44
Yak-9DD
Yak-9M_Early
Yak-9M
Yak-9K
Yak-9RLR_DZZMod
Yak-9T
Yak-9T-44
Yak-9T-45
Yak-9U_Early
Yak-9U_NW
Yak-9U
Yak-9UT
Yak-15
Wellington-MKIII
UTI-4
UTI-4B
Trimotor
KI-98
J7W1 “Shinden”
A5M4 “Claude”
A6M2 “Zero”
A6M2-21
A6M2-N “Rufe”
A6M2-21_FB
A6M2-21_Late
A6M2-21_Late_FieldMod
A6M3 “Zero”
A6M3_Kamikazi
A6M3-22
A6M3-32
A6M3-32kai
A6M3a-22ko
A6M5 “Zero”
A6M5a
A6M5b
A6M5c
A6M5_Kamikazi
A6M6-53
A6M7_Model62
A6M7_Model63
A6M-11 “Navy Zero”
A6M-21
A6M-21RFM
A6M-21Late
A6M-21LateRFM
A6M-21LateFM
A6M-N
A6M-32
A6M-32RFM
A6M-32FM
A6M-22
A6M-22RFM
A6M-22-Ko
A6M-22Kai
A6M-52Early
A6M-52
A6M-52-Ko
A6M-52-Otsu
A6M-52-He
A6M-62
A6M-63
A6M-54

Ar-196A-3
Ar-234B-2 “Blitz”
Ar-234B-2NJ (Nightfighter)
Ar-234C-2 (4-engines)
B5N2 “Kate”
B6N2
B-239 “Brewster Buffalo”
AviaB534
AviaB534R
AviaBk534Sea naval
Bf-109B-1 “Berta”
Bf-109B-2
Bf-109C-1 “Clara”
Bf-109E-1 “Emil”
Bf-109E-1/B
Bf-109E-3
Bf-109E-3/B
Bf-109E-4
Bf-109E-4/B
Bf-109E-4/N
Bf-109E-4 Trop
Bf-109E-7
Bf-109E-7Z
Bf-109E-7/B
Bf-109E-7/N
Bf-109E-7/N Trop
Bf-109D-1 “Dora”
Bf-109D-1Late
Bf-109F-0 “Franz”
Bf-109F-1
Bf-109F-2
Bf-109F-2/B
Bf-109F-2 Trop
Bf-109F-2/B Trop
Bf-109F-2/U Galland
Bf-109F-3
Bf-109F-4
Bf-109F-4 1.3ata
Bf-109F-4/B
Bf-109F-4 Trop
Bf-109F-4/B Trop
Bf-109F-4/R-1
Bf-109F-4/Z
Bf-109F-4_Mistel
Bf-109F-5
Bf-109F-6
Bf-109G-1 “Gustav”
Bf-109G-2
Bf-109G-2 Trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-3
Bf-109G-4
Bf-109G-4 Trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-5
Bf-109G-5/AS
Bf-109G-6
Bf-109G-6_Late
Bf-109G-6AS
Bf-109G-6 trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-6 Erla
Bf-109G-6 Tall Tail
Bf-109G-8
Bf-109G-10
Bf-109G-14 early
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109G-14/AS
Bf-109G-10C3
Bf-109G-10 Erla
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109K-4 “Kurfurst “
Bf-109K-4C3
Bf-109K-6
Bf-109K-14
Bf-109Z
Bf-109T Naval
Bf-110C-4
Bf-110C-4B
Bf-110G-2
BF-110-G4 (Nighfighter)
BlenheimMkI
CANT1007 Alcione
CANT1007T
CantZ1007bis
CR_32
CR_42 “Falco”
ICR.42_Indrovolante floater
DXXI_SARJA3_EARLY
DXXI_SARJA3_LATE
DXXI_SARJA4
D3A1
D3A2
Do-217K-1
Do-217K-2
Do-335A-0 “Pfeil”
Do-335V-13
Fiat G56 “Centauro”
Fi-103_V1
Fi-103R-IV
Fi-156 “Storch”
Fw-189A-2 “Uhu”
Fw-190A-2 “Wurger”
Fw-190A-3
Fw-190A-4
Fw-190A-4T
FW-190A-4_1.42ATA
Fw-190A-5
Fw-190A-5165ATA
Fw-190A-5U14
FW-190A-5_1.42ATA
FW-190A-5_1.58ATA
Fw-190A-6
Fw-190A-7
Fw-190A-7Sturm
Fw-190A-8
FW-190A-8_1.65ATA
FW-190A-9_1.65ATA
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190A-9T Navy
Fw-190A-9N
Fw-190A-8N
Fw-190A-7N
Fw-190D-9early
Fw-190D-9
Fw-190D-9_Late
Fw-190D-11
Fw190_D12R14T
Fw-190D-13
Fw190_D13T
Fw-190D-14
Fw-190D-15
Fw-190F-1
Fw-190F-2
Fw-190F-3
Fw-190F-8
Fw-190G-1
Fw-190G-2
Fw-190G-3
Fw-190G-8
Fw-190A-8Mistel
FW-200C-3U4
G_50
G-55
G-55-Late
G-55_ss0
G-55_ss0-Late
G56
G4M2e
G4M1_11
G4M2E “Betty”
GladiatorMkI
GladiatorMkII
Gladiator_EX floater
Go-229A-1
Go-229NJ
Go229A-2
H8K1
He-111H-2
He-111H-6
He-111H-12
He-111H-20
He-111H-21
He-111P-2
He-111Z
He-162A-2 “Volksjager”
He-162C
He-162B
He-219 “UHU”
He-L-IIIB2 “Lerche”
HurricaneMkI
Hs-123
Hs-129B-2
Hs-129B-3/Wa
IAR80early
IAR80
IAR81a
IAR80B
IAR80C
IAR80M
IAR8iCnew
IAR81c
J2M3
J2M5
J2M3_mod
J2M5_kai
J2M5_kai_AI

J8A
Ju-52/3mg3e
Ju-52/3mg4e
Ju-52/3mg5e
Ju-87B-1 “Stuka”
Ju-87B-2
Ju-87C “Navy”
Ju-87D-1
Ju 87D-1
Ju 87D-3 with Jumo 211J
Ju 87D-5 with Jumo 211J
Ju 87D-7
Ju 87D-8
Ju-87G-1 “Panzerknacker”
Ju-87G-2
Ju 87R-1
Ju 87R-2
Ju-88A-4
Ju-88A-4_Torp
Ju-88A-17
Ju88C-6NJ Night
Ju88C-6 Day
Ju-88Mistel
Ki-21-I “Sally”
Ki-21-II
Ki-27-Ko “Nate”
Ki-27-Otsu
Ki-30 “Ann”
Ki-31
Ki-43-Ia “Oscar”
Ki-43-Ib
Ki-43-Ic
Ki-43-II
Ki-43-II-Kai
Ki-43-Ia_DZZMod
Ki-43-Ib_DZZMod
Ki-43-Ic_DZZMod
Ki-43-II_DZZMod
Ki-43-II-Kai_DZZMod
Ki-43-III-Ko
Ki-44-II-Ko “Tojo”
Ki-44-II-Hei
Ki-44-II-Otsu
Ki-44-II-Otsu_Late
Ki-46 “Dinah”
Ki-46-Otsu
Ki-46-Otsu-Hei
Ki-46-Recce
Ki-50
Ki-51
Ki-61-I-Ko “Tony”
Ki-61-I-Hei
Ki-61-I-Otsu
Ki-84-Ia “Frank”
Ki-84-Ib
Ki-84-Ic
Ki-100-I-Ko
Ki-100-I-Otsu
L2D
MC-200series1
MC-200series3
MC-200series7
MC-200series7FB
MC-202
MC-202_III
MC-202_VII
MC-202_XII
MC-205_I
MC-205_III
Me-163B-1a
Me-210Ca-1
Me-210Ca-1ZSTR
Me-262 V-3 Original prototype
Me-262A-1 “Schwalbe”
Me-262A-1aU4
Me-262A-2ª
Me-262B-1a (2 seater)
Me-262HG-II
Me-321
Me-323
MS402
MS406
MS410 “Hornisse”
ME-410-A
ME-410-B
ME-410-D
MS-Morko
MXY-7-11
N1K1-J “George”
N1K1-Ja
N1K2-Ja
N1K3-A
N1K3-J
N1K4-J
RE-2000
RE-2002
RWD-8
RWD-10 sports plane
SM-79 “Gobbo Maleditto”
S-328
Savoia_S-21 seaplane
Ta-152C
Ta-152H-1
Ta-152H-1Mistel
Ta-183
Durand_Yak-9T
Safonovs_I-16_24
Pokryshkins_MiG-3
Pokryshkins_P-39N1
Rechkalovs_P-39Q15
ojedubs_La-7
Graf_Bf-109G-6
Hartmann_Bf-109G-6
Hans_Rudels_Ju-87G-2
Heppes_Bf-109G-6
Kovacs_Bf-109G-6
Molnar_Bf-109G-6
Fabian_Bf-109G-10
Nowotnys_Me-262A-1a
Sarvanto_DXXI
Posted By: WalterNowi

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 04:50 PM

1. Exercises Patience
3. Lightens up a little

Jason

Jason,

You have my support. I'd like to see a North African air campaign. It should be of pretty small scale, and there would be no reason for anyone to complain about the color of the grass biggrin

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: SYN_Bliss

Quote:
Bell47 Helicopter
H19D Helicopter
HRS3 Helicopter
A-20C
A-20C_RKKA_E_NW (1942)
A-20C_RKKA_NW (1943)
A-20DB7 – Boston MK.II
A-20G
A-20G_RKKA_NW (1943)
A-20G_RKKA (1943)
A-20G_RKKF (1943)
A-20G-1
A-20H
A-26B
AirCobra1
B-17D
B-17E
B-17F
B-17G
B-24J-100-CF
B-25D-5NC
B-25D-20NC
B-25J-15NA
B-25J-22NA
B-25C_RKKA
B-25D_RKKA
B-25J_RKKA
B-29
RB-29 Recon
Tu-4 Bull
B-25C-25NA
B-25G-1NA
B-25H-1NA
B-25J-1NA
BeaufighterMk21
BeaufighterMkIF
BeaufighterMkI ]
BeaufighterMkX
BlenheimMkIV
BlenheimMkIVF
BI-1
BI-6
BuffaloMkI
C-47
C-47A
C-47B
C-47Export
XC-47C floater
XC-47X floater
XC-47JET_Testbed
AC-47_Spooky
CW-21
DXXI_DK
DXXI_DU
DB-3b
DB-3M
DB-3T
DB-3F
FaireyBattle
FM-1_GM
FM-2_GM
F2A-2
F4F-3
F4F-4
FM-2
F4U-1A
F4U-1C
F4U-1D
F4U-4
F4U-4B
F4U-5
F4U-5N
CorsairMkI
CorsairMkII
CorsairMkIV
Curtiss F6
MartletMkI
MartletMkII
F6F-3_Early
F6F-3_Mod
F6F-5_Mod
F6F-3
F6F-5
F6F-6
F6C4Hawk
F6F-5N
F8F-2 “Bearcat”
F9F2 “Panther”
XF9F6 “Cougar”
F84G1_ThunderJet
F84G2_ThunderJet
F84G3_ThunderJet
F84G ThunderJet
F84G ThunderJet Nuke
F84F Thunderstreak
F-86_A5
F-86F25E
F-86_F1
F-86F25L
F-86_F30
FokkerG1
FulmarMkI
G-11
HALIFAX_bMkIII
HurricaneMkI_Ia Trop
HurricaneMkI_Ia 12lbs
HurricaneMkI_b
HurricaneMkI_bT
HurricaneMkIIa
HurricaneMkIIb
HurricaneMkIIb Trop
HurricaneMkIIbB
HurricaneMkIIbT
HurricaneMkIIc
HurricaneMkIIcB
HurricaneMkIIcT
HurricaneMkIIc Trop
HurricaneMkIId
HurricaneMkIIbModDZZ
HurricaneMk IV
Sea Hurricane Mk Ib
Sea Hurricane Mk IIc
I-15bis
I-15bis_Skis
I-15_m22
I-15_m25
I-153M62
I-153P
I-153_2BS
I_153_2SHKAS_BS
I-153_fin
I-16type5 “Mosca”
I-16type5_SPB
I-16type5_Skis
I-16type6
I-16type6_Skis
I-16Type10
I-16type10WC
I-16Type12
I-16Type17
I-16type18
I-16Type18bs
I-16type24
I-16type24_SPB
I-16Type27
I-16Type28
I-16type29
I-185M-71
I-185M-82A
I-250
Il-2_1940_Early
Il-2_1940_Late
Il-2_1941_Early
Il-2_1941_Late
Il-2I
Il-2M_Early
Il-2M_Late
Il-2T
Il-2I_DZZMod
Il-2T_DZZMod
Il-2_3
Il-2_M3
Il-2_1941_Late_DZZ
Il-4
Il-10
I-153N_Float
Lancaster
LaGG-3series1
LaGG-3series11
LaGG-3series4
LaGG-3series29
LaGG-3series35
LaGG-3IT
LaGG-3series66
LaGG-3RD
La-5
La-5F
La-5FN
La-7
La-73xB20
La-7R
Li-2
Magister
MACCHI 5
MACCHI 7
HANSA 5
HANSA 7
MBR-2-AM-34
MiG-3
MiG-3ud
MiG-3-2xUB
MiG-3-2xShVAK
MiG-3-AM-38
MiG-3U
MiG-9protoF-2
MiG-9FS
MiG-15(bis)
MiG-15(bis) Late
MiG-17
MosquitoBMkIV
MosquitoFBMkVI
MosquitoFBMkXVIII
MosquitoBMkXVI
MosquitoNFMkII
MosquitoFBMkVICC
MosquitoTRMk33
P_11c
P_11F
P_24b
P_24e
P_24f
P_24g
P-35
P-36A-3 “Hawk”
P-36A-4 “Hawk”
P-38E “Lightning"
P-38F-1-LO
P-38G-5-LO
P-38G-10-LO
P-38G-15-LO
P-38H-5-LO
P-38J-10-LO
P-38J-15-LO
P-38J-25-LO
P-38L-5-LO
P-38J
P-38L
P-38L_Late
P-38M
P-38N
P-38-DroopSnoot
P-400
P-26
P-35
P-39D1 “Airacobra”
P-39D2
P-39N1
P-39N1M
P-39Q-1
P-39Q-10
P-39Q-30
Hawk75A-2
Hawk75A-3
Hawk75A-4
Hawk75H
Hawk81A-2
Kittyhawk
KittyhawkMkIa
P-40 new wings
P-40B
P-40C
Tomahawk
TomahawkMkIIa
TomahawkMkIIb
P-40 Breco
P-40E
P-40E-M-105
P-40F
P-40L
P-40M
P-40-N
P-40K
P-40K-5
P-40L-10
P-40M-10
P-40N-1
P-40N-5
P-47B-1
P-47B15
P-47D-10
P-47D-22
P-47D-27
P-47D
P-50-A
P-51-A
P-51B
P-51B-NA
P-51B-5NA
P-51B-10NA
P-51B-10MHood
P-51C
P-51C-NT
P-51D-5Early
P-51D-20NT
P-51D-25NA
P-51D-30NA
F-51D-30NA
P-51D-5NT
P-51D-20NA
F51_Cavalier
F51_COIN
F51_Ramjet
F51_Pulsejet
Mustang_II_Tanks
Mustang_II_NoTanks
MustangIII
P-63C
P-80A
RF-80A
F-80A_ShootingStar
P2V5_Neptune
PBN-1
PBJ_C1
PBJ_D1
PBJ_G1
PBJ_J1
Pe-2 series1 – “Pescka”
Pe-2series84
Pe-2series110
Pe-2series359
Pe-3series1
Pe-3bis
Pe-8
PZL-37B
PZL_PuW_bombs
R-5
R-5_skis
R-10
Skyraider_AD-4
Skyraider_A1-J
SB_2M-100A Dauntless
SB_2M-103
SBD-3 Dauntless
SBD-5
SeafireMkI
SeafireMkII
SeafireMkII4xH
SeafireMkII45
SeafireMkII50
SeafireMkIII
SeafireFMkIII
Seafire Mk. XV
SeaFuryMkI
SeafuryMkX
SpitfireMkI_early
SpitfireMkI
SpitfireMkIb
SpitfireMkIIa
SpitfireMkIIb
SpitfireMkVa
SpitfireMkVb
SpitfireMkVbT trop
SpitfireMkVb12lbs
SpitfireMkVb16lbs
SpitfireMkVbCLP
SpitfireMkVbLF
SpitfireMkVbLFCLP
SpitfireMkVbM4616lbs
SpitfireMkVc
SpitfireMKVc4xHLand
SpitfireMKVc4CW
SpitfireMkVc16lbs
SpitfireMkVc4xH
SpitfireMkVIII
SpitfireMkVIIICLP
SpitfireMkIXcM61
SpitfireMkIXcM63
SpitfireMkIXc
SpitfireMkIXcCLP
SpitfireMkIXcHF
SpitfireMkIXe
SpitfireMkIXeCLP
SpitfireMkIXeHF
SpitfireMkIX25lbs
SpitfireMkIX25lbsCLP
SPITXIIearly
SpitfireMkXII
SpitfireMkXIVC
SpitfireMkLFXIVE
SpitfireMkXVIe
SpitfireMkXVIe4
SpitfireMkXVIeCLP
SpitfireMkXVIe25
SpitfireMkXVIeCLP25
Spitfire_P.R._Mk.XI
Su-2
SwordfishMkI
TempestMkV
TempestFBMkII
TyphoonMkIB
TyphoonMkIBLate
TempestMkV11Lbs
TempestMkV13Lbs
TB-3_4M-17
TB-3_4M-17_T_DZZMod
TB-3_4M-34R_T_DZZMod
TB-3_4M-34R
TB-3_4M-34R_SPB
TBF-1 “Avenger”
TBF-1C
TBM-1 “GM Avengers”
TBM-3
T6_Texan
SNJ_5C
AvengerMkIII
Tu-2S
U-2VS
U-2NB
U-2UT
U-2VS(SHKAS)
U19A_Gun
L-5_Sentinel
L-5A
TigerMoth
Su-26 aerobatics plane
Su-26m
Yak-1Light
Yak-1
Yak-1Bearly
Yak-1B_Early
Yak-1B
Yak-1Late
Yak-1PF
Yak-1PFLight
Yak-3
Yak-3P
Yak-3VK-107
Yak-3R
Yak-3bsf
Yak-3Km naval
Yak-7A
Yak-7B
Yak-7BPF
Yak-7B_late
Yak-9
Yak-9B
Yak-9D
Yak-9D-44
Yak-9DD
Yak-9M_Early
Yak-9M
Yak-9K
Yak-9RLR_DZZMod
Yak-9T
Yak-9T-44
Yak-9T-45
Yak-9U_Early
Yak-9U_NW
Yak-9U
Yak-9UT
Yak-15
Wellington-MKIII
UTI-4
UTI-4B
Trimotor
KI-98
J7W1 “Shinden”
A5M4 “Claude”
A6M2 “Zero”
A6M2-21
A6M2-N “Rufe”
A6M2-21_FB
A6M2-21_Late
A6M2-21_Late_FieldMod
A6M3 “Zero”
A6M3_Kamikazi
A6M3-22
A6M3-32
A6M3-32kai
A6M3a-22ko
A6M5 “Zero”
A6M5a
A6M5b
A6M5c
A6M5_Kamikazi
A6M6-53
A6M7_Model62
A6M7_Model63
A6M-11 “Navy Zero”
A6M-21
A6M-21RFM
A6M-21Late
A6M-21LateRFM
A6M-21LateFM
A6M-N
A6M-32
A6M-32RFM
A6M-32FM
A6M-22
A6M-22RFM
A6M-22-Ko
A6M-22Kai
A6M-52Early
A6M-52
A6M-52-Ko
A6M-52-Otsu
A6M-52-He
A6M-62
A6M-63
A6M-54

Ar-196A-3
Ar-234B-2 “Blitz”
Ar-234C-2 (4-engines)
B5N2 “Kate”
B6N2
B-239 “Brewster Buffalo”
AviaB534
AviaB534R
AviaBk534Sea naval
Bf-109B-1 “Berta”
Bf-109B-2
Bf-109C-1 “Clara”
Bf-109E-1 “Emil”
Bf-109E-1/B
Bf-109E-3
Bf-109E-3/B
Bf-109E-4
Bf-109E-4/B
Bf-109E-4/N
Bf-109E-4 Trop
Bf-109E-7
Bf-109E-7Z
Bf-109E-7/B
Bf-109E-7/N
Bf-109E-7/N Trop
Bf-109D-1 “Dora”
Bf-109D-1Late
Bf-109F-0 “Franz”
Bf-109F-1
Bf-109F-2
Bf-109F-2/B
Bf-109F-2 Trop
Bf-109F-2/B Trop
Bf-109F-2/U Galland
Bf-109F-3
Bf-109F-4
Bf-109F-4 1.3ata
Bf-109F-4/B
Bf-109F-4 Trop
Bf-109F-4/B Trop
Bf-109F-4/R-1
Bf-109F-4/Z
Bf-109F-4_Mistel
Bf-109F-5
Bf-109F-6
Bf-109G-1 “Gustav”
Bf-109G-2
Bf-109G-2 Trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-3
Bf-109G-4
Bf-109G-4 Trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-5
Bf-109G-5/AS
Bf-109G-6
Bf-109G-6_Late
Bf-109G-6AS
Bf-109G-6 trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-6 Erla
Bf-109G-6 Tall Tail
Bf-109G-8
Bf-109G-10
Bf-109G-14 early
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109G-14/AS
Bf-109G-10C3
Bf-109G-10 Erla
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109K-4 “Kurfurst “
Bf-109K-4C3
Bf-109K-6
Bf-109K-14
Bf-109Z
Bf-109T Naval
Bf-110C-4
Bf-110C-4B
Bf-110G-2
BF-110-G4 (Nighfighter)
BlenheimMkI
CANT1007 Alcione
CANT1007T
CantZ1007bis
CR_32
CR_42 “Falco”
DXXI_SARJA3_EARLY
DXXI_SARJA3_LATE
DXXI_SARJA4
D3A1
D3A2
Do-217K-1
Do-217K-2
Do-335A-0 “Pfeil”
Do-335V-13
Fiat G56 “Centauro”
Fi-103_V1
Fi-103R-IV
Fi-156 “Storch”
Fw-189A-2 “Uhu”
Fw-190A-2 “Wurger”
Fw-190A-3
Fw-190A-4
Fw-190A-4T
FW-190A-4_1.42ATA
Fw-190A-5
Fw-190A-5165ATA
Fw-190A-5U14
FW-190A-5_1.42ATA
FW-190A-5_1.58ATA
Fw-190A-6
Fw-190A-7
Fw-190A-7Sturm
Fw-190A-8
FW-190A-8_1.65ATA
FW-190A-9_1.65ATA
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190A-9T Navy
Fw-190A-9N
Fw-190A-8N
Fw-190A-7N
Fw-190D-9early
Fw-190D-9
Fw-190D-9_Late
Fw-190D-11
Fw190_D12R14T
Fw-190D-13
Fw190_D13T
Fw-190D-14
Fw-190D-15
Fw-190F-1
Fw-190F-2
Fw-190F-3
Fw-190F-8
Fw-190G-1
Fw-190G-2
Fw-190G-3
Fw-190G-8
Fw-190A-8Mistel
FW-200C-3U4
G_50
G-55
G-55-Late
G-55_ss0
G-55_ss0-Late
G56
G4M2e
G4M1_11
G4M2E “Betty”
GladiatorMkI
GladiatorMkII
Gladiator_EX floater
Go-229A-1
Go-229NJ
Go229A-2
H8K1
He-111H-2
He-111H-6
He-111H-12
He-111H-20
He-111H-21
He-111P-2
He-111Z
He-162A-2 “Volksjager”
He-162C
He-162B
He-219 “UHU”
He-L-IIIB2 “Lerche”
HurricaneMkI
Hs-123
Hs-129B-2
Hs-129B-3/Wa
IAR80early
IAR80
IAR81a
IAR80B
IAR80C
IAR80M
IAR8iCnew
IAR81c
J2M3
J2M5
J2M3_mod
J2M5_kai
J2M5_kai_AI

J8A
Ju-52/3mg3e
Ju-52/3mg4e
Ju-52/3mg5e
Ju-87B-1 “Stuka”
Ju-87B-2
Ju-87C “Navy”
Ju-87D-1
Ju 87D-1
Ju 87D-3 with Jumo 211J
Ju 87D-5 with Jumo 211J
Ju 87D-7
Ju 87D-8
Ju-87G-1 “Panzerknacker”
Ju-87G-2
Ju 87R-1
Ju 87R-2
Ju-88A-4
Ju-88A-4_Torp
Ju-88A-17
Ju88C-6NJ Night
Ju88C-6 Day
Ju-88Mistel
Ki-21-I “Sally”
Ki-21-II
Ki-27-Ko “Nate”
Ki-27-Otsu
Ki-30 “Ann”
Ki-31
Ki-43-Ia “Oscar”
Ki-43-Ib
Ki-43-Ic
Ki-43-II
Ki-43-II-Kai
Ki-43-Ia_DZZMod
Ki-43-Ib_DZZMod
Ki-43-Ic_DZZMod
Ki-43-II_DZZMod
Ki-43-II-Kai_DZZMod
Ki-43-III-Ko
Ki-44-II-Ko “Tojo”
Ki-44-II-Hei
Ki-44-II-Otsu
Ki-44-II-Otsu_Late
Ki-46 “Dinah”
Ki-46-Otsu
Ki-46-Otsu-Hei
Ki-46-Recce
Ki-50
Ki-51
Ki-61-I-Ko “Tony”
Ki-61-I-Hei
Ki-61-I-Otsu
Ki-84-Ia “Frank”
Ki-84-Ib
Ki-84-Ic
Ki-100-I-Ko
Ki-100-I-Otsu
L2D
MC-200series1
MC-200series3
MC-200series7
MC-200series7FB
MC-202
MC-202_III
MC-202_VII
MC-202_XII
MC-205_I
MC-205_III
Me-163B-1a
Me-210Ca-1
Me-210Ca-1ZSTR
Me-262A-1 “Schwalbe”
Me-262A-1aU4
Me-262A-2ª
Me-262B-1a (2 seater)
Me-262HG-II
Me-321
Me-323
MS402
MS406
MS410 “Hornisse”
ME-410-A
ME-410-B
ME-410-D
MS-Morko
MXY-7-11
N1K1-J “George”
N1K1-Ja
N1K2-Ja
N1K3-A
N1K3-J
N1K4-J
RE-2000
RE-2002
RWD-8
RWD-10 sports plane
SM-79 “Gobbo Maleditto”
S-328
Savoia_S-21 seaplane
Ta-152C
Ta-152H-1
Ta-152H-1Mistel
Ta-183
Durand_Yak-9T
Safonovs_I-16_24
Pokryshkins_MiG-3
Pokryshkins_P-39N1
Rechkalovs_P-39Q15
ojedubs_La-7
Graf_Bf-109G-6
Hartmann_Bf-109G-6
Hans_Rudels_Ju-87G-2
Heppes_Bf-109G-6
Kovacs_Bf-109G-6
Molnar_Bf-109G-6
Fabian_Bf-109G-10
Nowotnys_Me-262A-1a
Sarvanto_DXXI

Those planes happened over the period of a decade ! So you don`t just pay all out for all of them. apart from that - half of them were not needed as you normally don`t fly them more than once. It would be better if 1C redirected resources to polish other aspects of the game rather than simply throwing in more planes to distract attention.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 05:44 PM

I would much rather see these guys actually fix their current game. Currently if you have over 50 humans in a mission, the server is bound to lag out / crash regardless of client/server hardware. Also, with the game engine limitations you can't have any sort of large scale representation of the theater of war. I can't count the number of times we've had to change the object count in missions just to be able to get them to run. And I'm talking about a small number of objects to begin with. We can't even come close to simulating being part of WWI. I kinda figured that was the point right? Or were the trenches over NML empty the entire war? But instead of working on fixing issues such as FM of planes that have been wrong since their release (some of which are almost 2 years old) and game engine issues, now they've gone and made a compass, cockpit instruments and lights, and gun sights to sell? I actually spit on my monitor in laughter when I saw that.

I'm wondering if you bought a mustang if you'd have to buy the merlin to make it start? Perhaps they'll start selling the virtual gasoline for it next? If these guys produce a sim with the ROF engine, IL2 will have about as much competition as Wings of Prey did.

Yea unfortunately many sad but true words

Good point Bliss.
Posted By: Beelzebub

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 05:47 PM

I've ponderd about this *taking over CoD development*...

For me imho it would be like buying a wooden house that has it's foundation infested with termites, has no roof and windows and a moldy floor...

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 08:28 PM

Quote:
Bell47 Helicopter
H19D Helicopter
HRS3 Helicopter
A-20C
A-20C_RKKA_E_NW (1942)
A-20C_RKKA_NW (1943)
A-20DB7 – Boston MK.II
A-20G
A-20G_RKKA_NW (1943)
A-20G_RKKA (1943)
A-20G_RKKF (1943)
A-20G-1
A-20H
A-26B
AirCobra1
B-17D
B-17E
B-17F
B-17G
B-24J-100-CF
B-25D-5NC
B-25D-20NC
B-25J-15NA
B-25J-22NA
B-25C_RKKA
B-25D_RKKA
B-25J_RKKA
B-29
RB-29 Recon
Tu-4 Bull
B-25C-25NA
B-25G-1NA
B-25H-1NA
B-25J-1NA
BeaufighterMk21
BeaufighterMkIF
BeaufighterMkI ]
BeaufighterMkX
BlenheimMkIV
BlenheimMkIVF
BI-1
BI-6
BuffaloMkI
C-47
C-47A
C-47B
C-47Export
XC-47C floater
XC-47X floater
XC-47JET_Testbed
AC-47_Spooky
CW-21
DXXI_DK
DXXI_DU
DB-3b
DB-3M
DB-3T
DB-3F
FaireyBattle
FM-1_GM
FM-2_GM
F2A-2
F4F-3
F4F-4
FM-2
F4U-1A
F4U-1C
F4U-1D
F4U-4
F4U-4B
F4U-5
F4U-5N
CorsairMkI
CorsairMkII
CorsairMkIV
Curtiss F6
MartletMkI
MartletMkII
F6F-3_Early
F6F-3_Mod
F6F-5_Mod
F6F-3
F6F-5
F6F-6
F6C4Hawk
F6F-5N
F8F-2 “Bearcat”
F9F2 “Panther”
XF9F6 “Cougar”
F84G1_ThunderJet
F84G2_ThunderJet
F84G3_ThunderJet
F84G ThunderJet
F84G ThunderJet Nuke
F84F Thunderstreak
F-86_A5
F-86F25E
F-86_F1
F-86F25L
F-86_F30
FokkerG1
FulmarMkI
G-11
HALIFAX_bMkIII
HurricaneMkI_Ia Trop
HurricaneMkI_Ia 12lbs
HurricaneMkI_b
HurricaneMkI_bT
HurricaneMkIIa
HurricaneMkIIb
HurricaneMkIIb Trop
HurricaneMkIIbB
HurricaneMkIIbT
HurricaneMkIIc
HurricaneMkIIcB
HurricaneMkIIcT
HurricaneMkIIc Trop
HurricaneMkIId
HurricaneMkIIbModDZZ
HurricaneMk IV
Sea Hurricane Mk Ib
Sea Hurricane Mk IIc
I-15bis
I-15bis_Skis
I-15_m22
I-15_m25
I-153M62
I-153P
I-153_2BS
I_153_2SHKAS_BS
I-153_fin
I-16type5 “Mosca”
I-16type5_SPB
I-16type5_Skis
I-16type6
I-16type6_Skis
I-16Type10
I-16type10WC
I-16Type12
I-16Type17
I-16type18
I-16Type18bs
I-16type24
I-16type24_SPB
I-16Type27
I-16Type28
I-16type29
I-185M-71
I-185M-82A
I-250
Il-2_1940_Early
Il-2_1940_Late
Il-2_1941_Early
Il-2_1941_Late
Il-2I
Il-2M_Early
Il-2M_Late
Il-2T
Il-2I_DZZMod
Il-2T_DZZMod
Il-2_3
Il-2_M3
Il-2_1941_Late_DZZ
Il-4
Il-10
I-153N_Float
Lancaster
LaGG-3series1
LaGG-3series11
LaGG-3series4
LaGG-3series29
LaGG-3series35
LaGG-3IT
LaGG-3series66
LaGG-3RD
La-5
La-5F
La-5FN
La-7
La-73xB20
La-7R
Li-2
Magister
MACCHI 5
MACCHI 7
HANSA 5
HANSA 7
MBR-2-AM-34
MiG-3
MiG-3ud
MiG-3-2xUB
MiG-3-2xShVAK
MiG-3-AM-38
MiG-3U
MiG-9protoF-2
MiG-9FS
MiG-15(bis)
MiG-15(bis) Late
MiG-17
MosquitoBMkIV
MosquitoFBMkVI
MosquitoFBMkXVIII
MosquitoBMkXVI
MosquitoNFMkII
MosquitoFBMkVICC
MosquitoTRMk33
P_11c
P_11F
P_24b
P_24e
P_24f
P_24g
P-35
P-36A-3 “Hawk”
P-36A-4 “Hawk”
P-38E “Lightning"
P-38F-1-LO
P-38G-5-LO
P-38G-10-LO
P-38G-15-LO
P-38H-5-LO
P-38J-10-LO
P-38J-15-LO
P-38J-25-LO
P-38L-5-LO
P-38J
P-38L
P-38L_Late
P-38M
P-38N
P-38-DroopSnoot
P-400
P-26
P-35
P-39D1 “Airacobra”
P-39D2
P-39N1
P-39N1M
P-39Q-1
P-39Q-10
P-39Q-30
Hawk75A-2
Hawk75A-3
Hawk75A-4
Hawk75H
Hawk81A-2
Kittyhawk
KittyhawkMkIa
P-40 new wings
P-40B
P-40C
Tomahawk
TomahawkMkIIa
TomahawkMkIIb
P-40 Breco
P-40E
P-40E-M-105
P-40F
P-40L
P-40M
P-40-N
P-40K
P-40K-5
P-40L-10
P-40M-10
P-40N-1
P-40N-5
P-47B-1
P-47B15
P-47D-10
P-47D-22
P-47D-27
P-47D
P-50-A
P-51-A
P-51B
P-51B-NA
P-51B-5NA
P-51B-10NA
P-51B-10MHood
P-51C
P-51C-NT
P-51D-5Early
P-51D-20NT
P-51D-25NA
P-51D-30NA
F-51D-30NA
P-51D-5NT
P-51D-20NA
F51_Cavalier
F51_COIN
F51_Ramjet
F51_Pulsejet
Mustang_II_Tanks
Mustang_II_NoTanks
MustangIII
P-63C
P-80A
RF-80A
F-80A_ShootingStar
P2V5_Neptune
PBN-1
PBJ_C1
PBJ_D1
PBJ_G1
PBJ_J1
Pe-2 series1 – “Pescka”
Pe-2series84
Pe-2series110
Pe-2series359
Pe-3series1
Pe-3bis
Pe-8
PZL-37B
PZL_PuW_bombs
R-5
R-5_skis
R-10
Skyraider_AD-4
Skyraider_A1-J
SB_2M-100A Dauntless
SB_2M-103
SBD-3 Dauntless
SBD-5
SeafireMkI
SeafireMkII
SeafireMkII4xH
SeafireMkII45
SeafireMkII50
SeafireMkIII
SeafireFMkIII
Seafire Mk. XV
SeaFuryMkI
SeafuryMkX
SpitfireMkI_early
SpitfireMkI
SpitfireMkIb
SpitfireMkIIa
SpitfireMkIIb
SpitfireMkVa
SpitfireMkVb
SpitfireMkVbT trop
SpitfireMkVb12lbs
SpitfireMkVb16lbs
SpitfireMkVbCLP
SpitfireMkVbLF
SpitfireMkVbLFCLP
SpitfireMkVbM4616lbs
SpitfireMkVc
SpitfireMKVc4xHLand
SpitfireMKVc4CW
SpitfireMkVc16lbs
SpitfireMkVc4xH
SpitfireMkVIII
SpitfireMkVIIICLP
SpitfireMkIXcM61
SpitfireMkIXcM63
SpitfireMkIXc
SpitfireMkIXcCLP
SpitfireMkIXcHF
SpitfireMkIXe
SpitfireMkIXeCLP
SpitfireMkIXeHF
SpitfireMkIX25lbs
SpitfireMkIX25lbsCLP
SPITXIIearly
SpitfireMkXII
SpitfireMkXIVC
SpitfireMkLFXIVE
SpitfireMkXVIe
SpitfireMkXVIe4
SpitfireMkXVIeCLP
SpitfireMkXVIe25
SpitfireMkXVIeCLP25
Spitfire_P.R._Mk.XI
Su-2
SwordfishMkI
TempestMkV
TempestFBMkII
TyphoonMkIB
TyphoonMkIBLate
TempestMkV11Lbs
TempestMkV13Lbs
TB-3_4M-17
TB-3_4M-17_T_DZZMod
TB-3_4M-34R_T_DZZMod
TB-3_4M-34R
TB-3_4M-34R_SPB
TBF-1 “Avenger”
TBF-1C
TBM-1 “GM Avengers”
TBM-3
T6_Texan
SNJ_5C
AvengerMkIII
Tu-2S
U-2VS
U-2NB
U-2UT
U-2VS(SHKAS)
U19A_Gun
L-5_Sentinel
L-5A
TigerMoth
Su-26 aerobatics plane
Su-26m
Yak-1Light
Yak-1
Yak-1Bearly
Yak-1B_Early
Yak-1B
Yak-1Late
Yak-1PF
Yak-1PFLight
Yak-3
Yak-3P
Yak-3VK-107
Yak-3R
Yak-3bsf
Yak-3Km naval
Yak-7A
Yak-7B
Yak-7BPF
Yak-7B_late
Yak-9
Yak-9B
Yak-9D
Yak-9D-44
Yak-9DD
Yak-9M_Early
Yak-9M
Yak-9K
Yak-9RLR_DZZMod
Yak-9T
Yak-9T-44
Yak-9T-45
Yak-9U_Early
Yak-9U_NW
Yak-9U
Yak-9UT
Yak-15
Wellington-MKIII
UTI-4
UTI-4B
Trimotor
KI-98
J7W1 “Shinden”
A5M4 “Claude”
A6M2 “Zero”
A6M2-21
A6M2-N “Rufe”
A6M2-21_FB
A6M2-21_Late
A6M2-21_Late_FieldMod
A6M3 “Zero”
A6M3_Kamikazi
A6M3-22
A6M3-32
A6M3-32kai
A6M3a-22ko
A6M5 “Zero”
A6M5a
A6M5b
A6M5c
A6M5_Kamikazi
A6M6-53
A6M7_Model62
A6M7_Model63
A6M-11 “Navy Zero”
A6M-21
A6M-21RFM
A6M-21Late
A6M-21LateRFM
A6M-21LateFM
A6M-N
A6M-32
A6M-32RFM
A6M-32FM
A6M-22
A6M-22RFM
A6M-22-Ko
A6M-22Kai
A6M-52Early
A6M-52
A6M-52-Ko
A6M-52-Otsu
A6M-52-He
A6M-62
A6M-63
A6M-54

Ar-196A-3
Ar-234B-2 “Blitz”
Ar-234C-2 (4-engines)
B5N2 “Kate”
B6N2
B-239 “Brewster Buffalo”
AviaB534
AviaB534R
AviaBk534Sea naval
Bf-109B-1 “Berta”
Bf-109B-2
Bf-109C-1 “Clara”
Bf-109E-1 “Emil”
Bf-109E-1/B
Bf-109E-3
Bf-109E-3/B
Bf-109E-4
Bf-109E-4/B
Bf-109E-4/N
Bf-109E-4 Trop
Bf-109E-7
Bf-109E-7Z
Bf-109E-7/B
Bf-109E-7/N
Bf-109E-7/N Trop
Bf-109D-1 “Dora”
Bf-109D-1Late
Bf-109F-0 “Franz”
Bf-109F-1
Bf-109F-2
Bf-109F-2/B
Bf-109F-2 Trop
Bf-109F-2/B Trop
Bf-109F-2/U Galland
Bf-109F-3
Bf-109F-4
Bf-109F-4 1.3ata
Bf-109F-4/B
Bf-109F-4 Trop
Bf-109F-4/B Trop
Bf-109F-4/R-1
Bf-109F-4/Z
Bf-109F-4_Mistel
Bf-109F-5
Bf-109F-6
Bf-109G-1 “Gustav”
Bf-109G-2
Bf-109G-2 Trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-3
Bf-109G-4
Bf-109G-4 Trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-5
Bf-109G-5/AS
Bf-109G-6
Bf-109G-6_Late
Bf-109G-6AS
Bf-109G-6 trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-6 Erla
Bf-109G-6 Tall Tail
Bf-109G-8
Bf-109G-10
Bf-109G-14 early
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109G-14/AS
Bf-109G-10C3
Bf-109G-10 Erla
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109K-4 “Kurfurst “
Bf-109K-4C3
Bf-109K-6
Bf-109K-14
Bf-109Z
Bf-109T Naval
Bf-110C-4
Bf-110C-4B
Bf-110G-2
BF-110-G4 (Nighfighter)
BlenheimMkI
CANT1007 Alcione
CANT1007T
CantZ1007bis
CR_32
CR_42 “Falco”
DXXI_SARJA3_EARLY
DXXI_SARJA3_LATE
DXXI_SARJA4
D3A1
D3A2
Do-217K-1
Do-217K-2
Do-335A-0 “Pfeil”
Do-335V-13
Fiat G56 “Centauro”
Fi-103_V1
Fi-103R-IV
Fi-156 “Storch”
Fw-189A-2 “Uhu”
Fw-190A-2 “Wurger”
Fw-190A-3
Fw-190A-4
Fw-190A-4T
FW-190A-4_1.42ATA
Fw-190A-5
Fw-190A-5165ATA
Fw-190A-5U14
FW-190A-5_1.42ATA
FW-190A-5_1.58ATA
Fw-190A-6
Fw-190A-7
Fw-190A-7Sturm
Fw-190A-8
FW-190A-8_1.65ATA
FW-190A-9_1.65ATA
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190A-9T Navy
Fw-190A-9N
Fw-190A-8N
Fw-190A-7N
Fw-190D-9early
Fw-190D-9
Fw-190D-9_Late
Fw-190D-11
Fw190_D12R14T
Fw-190D-13
Fw190_D13T
Fw-190D-14
Fw-190D-15
Fw-190F-1
Fw-190F-2
Fw-190F-3
Fw-190F-8
Fw-190G-1
Fw-190G-2
Fw-190G-3
Fw-190G-8
Fw-190A-8Mistel
FW-200C-3U4
G_50
G-55
G-55-Late
G-55_ss0
G-55_ss0-Late
G56
G4M2e
G4M1_11
G4M2E “Betty”
GladiatorMkI
GladiatorMkII
Gladiator_EX floater
Go-229A-1
Go-229NJ
Go229A-2
H8K1
He-111H-2
He-111H-6
He-111H-12
He-111H-20
He-111H-21
He-111P-2
He-111Z
He-162A-2 “Volksjager”
He-162C
He-162B
He-219 “UHU”
He-L-IIIB2 “Lerche”
HurricaneMkI
Hs-123
Hs-129B-2
Hs-129B-3/Wa
IAR80early
IAR80
IAR81a
IAR80B
IAR80C
IAR80M
IAR8iCnew
IAR81c
J2M3
J2M5
J2M3_mod
J2M5_kai
J2M5_kai_AI

J8A
Ju-52/3mg3e
Ju-52/3mg4e
Ju-52/3mg5e
Ju-87B-1 “Stuka”
Ju-87B-2
Ju-87C “Navy”
Ju-87D-1
Ju 87D-1
Ju 87D-3 with Jumo 211J
Ju 87D-5 with Jumo 211J
Ju 87D-7
Ju 87D-8
Ju-87G-1 “Panzerknacker”
Ju-87G-2
Ju 87R-1
Ju 87R-2
Ju-88A-4
Ju-88A-4_Torp
Ju-88A-17
Ju88C-6NJ Night
Ju88C-6 Day
Ju-88Mistel
Ki-21-I “Sally”
Ki-21-II
Ki-27-Ko “Nate”
Ki-27-Otsu
Ki-30 “Ann”
Ki-31
Ki-43-Ia “Oscar”
Ki-43-Ib
Ki-43-Ic
Ki-43-II
Ki-43-II-Kai
Ki-43-Ia_DZZMod
Ki-43-Ib_DZZMod
Ki-43-Ic_DZZMod
Ki-43-II_DZZMod
Ki-43-II-Kai_DZZMod
Ki-43-III-Ko
Ki-44-II-Ko “Tojo”
Ki-44-II-Hei
Ki-44-II-Otsu
Ki-44-II-Otsu_Late
Ki-46 “Dinah”
Ki-46-Otsu
Ki-46-Otsu-Hei
Ki-46-Recce
Ki-50
Ki-51
Ki-61-I-Ko “Tony”
Ki-61-I-Hei
Ki-61-I-Otsu
Ki-84-Ia “Frank”
Ki-84-Ib
Ki-84-Ic
Ki-100-I-Ko
Ki-100-I-Otsu
L2D
MC-200series1
MC-200series3
MC-200series7
MC-200series7FB
MC-202
MC-202_III
MC-202_VII
MC-202_XII
MC-205_I
MC-205_III
Me-163B-1a
Me-210Ca-1
Me-210Ca-1ZSTR
Me-262A-1 “Schwalbe”
Me-262A-1aU4
Me-262A-2ª
Me-262B-1a (2 seater)
Me-262HG-II
Me-321
Me-323
MS402
MS406
MS410 “Hornisse”
ME-410-A
ME-410-B
ME-410-D
MS-Morko
MXY-7-11
N1K1-J “George”
N1K1-Ja
N1K2-Ja
N1K3-A
N1K3-J
N1K4-J
RE-2000
RE-2002
RWD-8
RWD-10 sports plane
SM-79 “Gobbo Maleditto”
S-328
Savoia_S-21 seaplane
Ta-152C
Ta-152H-1
Ta-152H-1Mistel
Ta-183
Durand_Yak-9T
Safonovs_I-16_24
Pokryshkins_MiG-3
Pokryshkins_P-39N1
Rechkalovs_P-39Q15
ojedubs_La-7
Graf_Bf-109G-6
Hartmann_Bf-109G-6
Hans_Rudels_Ju-87G-2
Heppes_Bf-109G-6
Kovacs_Bf-109G-6
Molnar_Bf-109G-6
Fabian_Bf-109G-10
Nowotnys_Me-262A-1a
Sarvanto_DXXI

And how long will it be before Maddox announce payware DLC on top of the price of the sim Bliss? weeks?? months?? Certainly before the end of the year I bet.

If you don't like 777s way of doing business then you don't get involved, simple as that. I don't understand the rage.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 09:03 PM

1st question. Where in my post was any rage?

2nd question. Why would you think Maddox is going to announce a payware DLC? Their 1st sim (the one that happens to be the most successful sim of all time) is still going 10 years strong without any sort of payware DLC. But you think they are magically going to change the way they've done business for the last 10 years? I'm sorry but what you are posting is laughable at best.

1c releases addons that include 30+ flyable planes, 1000s of additional objects in the FMB, different theaters of operation, and several more maps for $50.

Are you making your assumptions based on a magic 8 ball or something?
Posted By: Zent

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 09:17 PM

What i would really like to see in ROF and in Clod is a real 64 bit game engine which can use more RAM and therefore handle bigger number of objects etc.
As SynBliss explained correctly, though a bit agitated, is true, ROF is a little bit lifeless on the ground because of too little objects possible... WW1 was about HUGE masses of people, artillery, horses, carts etc. populating dense spaces.... flying low in Rof is rather idyllic but you rarely encounter something which even remotely resembles an ongoing battle... and this can be an immersion killer at times... WW1 was also about groundattack...
also the MissionEditor in ROF is not very userfriendly and would really need an overhaul...

saying this i dont want to put ROF down at all, i love the game and i am really amazed how well it has developped over the time..it runs almost flawless now within its given limitations and i am looking forward to Crossfire ;-) ... but having a 64 bit game engine and more RAM will be the ONLY way on the long run to have a deeper simulation and to add all this content... streaming as an alternative never works properly in flightsims as you can see with Clod, which has more objects but keeps sstttuutttterinngg...

Personally i like the pay by plane modell and i would also support other financial models... compared to what we pay for hardware the money for software is not really the issue i think... i mean... 100 € over two years... combat flightsimming is an exclusive niche and we must be willing to finance it or it will die...and financing a little independent company like 777 and not fill the pockets of certain other companys is very nice i think...so i would of course buy any other sim by 777 ... WW2 is good, but Korea would be even more interesting to me as its currently not on the market at all and i could never fly that area....

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 09:29 PM

1st question. Where in my post was any rage?

2nd question. Why would you think Maddox is going to announce a payware DLC? Their 1st sim (the one that happens to be the most successful sim of all time) is still going 10 years strong without any sort of payware DLC. But you think they are magically going to change the way they've done business for the last 10 years? I'm sorry but what you are posting is laughable at best.

1c releases addons that include 30+ flyable planes, 1000s of additional objects in the FMB, different theaters of operation, and several more maps for $50.

Are you making your assumptions based on a magic 8 ball or something?

You just sound pretty wound up over this, if not, my mistake smile

We'll see who's right about the DLC, ED have already announced DLC for the DCS series. Maybe Maddox can continue doing business the current way, funded by UBI's money. ED and 777 are self funded without a publisher it seems (not too sure about ED).

That's a huge list of planes for the IL2 engine now, built up over 10 years though. Just how many have detailed FM, cockpits, not them all. Many are fantasy planes or stuff that you'd fly once, stuff that was thrown in with the 46 pack.

You really can't compare IL2s flight model detail with the ROF flight models. ROFs isn't tabulated, covers all states and is much more believeable and detailed than IL2s or CloD for that matter. Although I haven't flown CloD that much the first thing that's noticeable is how easy the planes are to fly without rudder input. I like IL2 btw and have nothing against it, I just prefer 777s flight modelling. Whatever your level of experience you can tell the first time you start ROF that the physics are excellent and a large step up from IL2 and CloD as it stands at the moment.
Posted By: Dart

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 09:32 PM

I think anyone who is making flight sims at this time is just a glutton for punishment:

Low profits
Abusive customer base (or has everyone forgot the Russian Mafia slurs against Neoqb?)
Impossible expectations (and the closer to perfect the more sharp the criticism)
Abusive customer base
Low profits

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 09:39 PM

Edit: @ Mogster

Nope, just asking questions to people like yourself that are basing your assumptions without any facts. Kinda like your assumptions on those planes. I'll let you look up the FM in game compared to the flight test data yourself though smile
Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 09:53 PM

Both engines have inherent issues with their FM's - neither are perfect, then again no flight sim is (even the commercial level ones).

So here we have it guys, you both have different viewpoints and that's cool and it's great that you both have remained civil about it but you're both not going to get anywhere with this one (at least between the two of you).

I enjoy both sims for what they bring (in a slightly different way. They both have different business models, hopefully both will succeed (because it can only be good for all of the community if they do) but I do believe a pay as you go or a subscription model is best way forward.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Zent
ROF is a little bit lifeless on the ground because of too little objects possible... WW1 was about HUGE masses of people, artillery, horses, carts etc. populating dense spaces.... flying low in Rof is rather idyllic but you rarely encounter something which even remotely resembles an ongoing battle... and this can be an immersion killer at times... WW1 was also about groundattack...

This is true, but Rise of Flight isn't a Great War strategy game. It's a Great War flight sim. I do think that it would be nice if, at some point 'way down the road, some more attention were paid to the trenches and such, but not much. The focus must be on flight, and any aspects of the ground war that are simulated must only be done so to improve the flight experience. And so a cost-versus-benefit question must be applied to everything. Would making hopping bunnies on the grass improve the immersion? Sure, a little bit, on the few occasions that you're flying low enough to see them. Is it worth the effort to program them in? No. So, priorities ... improve the ground war just enough, and only when they have the resources to do so ... when more important things are out of the way.
Posted By: Sturm_Williger

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/01/11 11:46 PM

I agree with Josh here, but I do hope that 777's developers find a way to increase the amount of ground "stuff". Particularly active stuff.

Eg. The other night I flew a bomber to attack an airfield. Having done so, I escaped ... by flying low ( <100m ) across No Man's Land - with the haze and so forth, I was much harder to see.
In real life of course, this would have been suicide. But as things stand, there's just no way to put AA machine guns at intervals along the front to preclude this without, as Bliss said, killing the server.

To me, more than anything else, this renders No Man's Land simply a "different coloured place" on the map whereas it should be ( at least on the edges ) a place you would be mad to fly below 1000m. If you find yourself low and slow or damaged close to No Man's Land, you should have to worry about it.

So even beyond immersion ( as it adds tactical elements ), and without even getting into depictions of men and battles, this should at least be looked at, hopefully sometime.
Posted By: Bandy

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Zent
What i would really like to see in ROF and in Clod is a real 64 bit game engine which can use more RAM and therefore handle bigger number of objects etc.

RoF already handles 4 GB for those with 64 bit OS, and it does not come close to using it all, not at this time. If you have a 64 bit OS you can patch ALL your other exe's (x86 games or other software) using NT Core's patch LINK. I imagine CoD is already patched in a similar manner.

And the original subject of this thread is simply wishful thinking at best, or just plain ludicrous...
Posted By: Tiger27

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: 303_Michcich

That`s what I`d hope for - they`d expand their game engine AND business model to create great WWII flight sim. And if they just used existing ROF engine it would be so much better than current COD.

No it wouldn't, totally different requirements for WW1 and WW2, this is part of the reason neoqb didnt go ahead and use the IL2-1946 engine to model WW1 instead deciding to make there own.

Apart from that, online, there isn't a great deal of difference betweem the two games performance, in fact lately there are more online in CoD than ROF.

I love both these sims, they both had teething troubles, but using ROF's engine to create a WW2 sim is not the way to go.
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 12:39 AM

You guys must all fly online...

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Sturm_Williger
The other night I flew a bomber to attack an airfield. Having done so, I escaped ... by flying low ( <100m ) across No Man's Land - with the haze and so forth, I was much harder to see.
In real life of course, this would have been suicide. But as things stand, there's just no way to put AA machine guns at intervals along the front to preclude this without, as Bliss said, killing the server.

To me, more than anything else, this renders No Man's Land simply a "different coloured place" on the map whereas it should be ( at least on the edges ) a place you would be mad to fly below 1000m. If you find yourself low and slow or damaged close to No Man's Land, you should have to worry about it.

There's a pretty basic technique for making guns spawn only when you are near them, which could allow you to populate the entire front without bringing the sim to its knees. The drawbacks are that you can only do this for cooperative missions, not dogfight missions (I think), and that it's hideously time-consuming to hand-place these things on the trenches.

Originally Posted By: Tiger27
using ROF's engine to create a WW2 sim is not the way to go.

Well, we're all glad that 777 Studios has you to correct their erroneous notions about major business decisions. [straight face]

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Sturm_Williger
The other night I flew a bomber to attack an airfield. Having done so, I escaped ... by flying low ( <100m ) across No Man's Land - with the haze and so forth, I was much harder to see.

There's a pretty basic technique for making guns spawn only when you are near them, which could allow you to populate the entire front without bringing the sim to its knees. The drawbacks are that you can only do this for cooperative missions, not dogfight missions (I think), and that it's hideously time-consuming to hand-place these things on the trenches.

using ROF's engine to create a WW2 sim is not the way to go.

Well, we're all glad that 777 Studios has you to correct their errors about major business decisions. [cough]

I was responding to someone that thought it was a good idea, WW2 and WW1 are so different in what is required that in my opinion it isnt the way to do it, as the ROF dev team realised when trying to do the reverse which was use IL2 to make a WW1 sim, my comments were not to 777, nor to you, oh and were all glad that you have decided to be a moderator on whether people can voice there opinions or not [cough] [cough]

While we are on this where has anyone said that 777 are going to make a WW2 sim?

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 02:04 AM

While we are on this where has anyone said that 777 are going to make a WW2 sim?

Within this very thread, as well as in others, Jason has hinted heavily at the possibility. It isn't certain that they will, but it's clear that they would like to and are keenly considering it. The engine may not be up for it at present, but I feel confident that the team is capable of eventually adding to it so that it is.

One thing about Rise of Flight that isn't true of certain other flight sims is that while R.o.F. did have its problems first getting off the ground, it never had dodgy flight physics. The general flight model was highly advanced from day one, and still is. Meanwhile, the others still don't have as good of flight modelling.

Originally Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau
I do believe a pay as you go or a subscription model is best way forward.

Count me out. I will not do pay-to-play. This is why I do not fly Aces High II, despite that simulator having advanced flight physics and the most accurate flight models of any Second World War flight sim. I am happy with 777's system of aircraft purchasing and such, but I must draw the line at pay-to-play. I am not alone in this. Pay-to-play is abominable; I cannot and will not participate in it.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 02:13 AM

Within this very thread, as well as in others, Jason has hinted heavily at the possibility. It isn't certain that they will, but it's clear that they would like to and are keenly considering it. The engine may not be up for it at present, but I feel confident that the team is capable of eventually adding to it so that it is.

One thing about Rise of Flight that isn't true of certain other flight sims is that while R.o.F. did have its problems first getting off the ground, it never had dodgy flight physics. The general flight model was highly advanced from day one, and still is.

Yes after further reading I can see they have hinted at the possibilty, personally I would rather they continue to take there lovely WW1 sim further, I would love to see trenches and troops added, and the front lines livened up, as for me this is the one thing missing from ROF, ground attack was a huge part of the role played by the RFC and the GAF, especially in the later days, this sim in its current state is a lovely WW1 dogfight sim, but it really needs more happening on the ground to complete the picture, I would just rather this content was added before resources move on to another era.

Having said that money is the key to keeping these teams together, so I guess 777 have to keep looking forward as to ways to generate income so that we gamers keep getting new toys too play with.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 02:18 AM

I too, would rather see them continue on with WW1 in ROF and keep adding great content to it. There is still so much that can be done with it.

Rob
Posted By: Nimits

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 03:21 AM

If 777 making a WWII sim meant 777 making a WWII sim that had a pilot career similar to the much anticipated upcoming career mode in ROF, I'd be all for it!

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Scoobe
I too, would rather see them continue on with WW1 in ROF and keep adding great content to it. There is still so much that can be done with it.

Why should you assume that they are planning on abandoning the Great War before reasonably finishing it?
Posted By: W1ndy

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 04:47 AM

The bit of Jason's post that interests me is that the guys are getting a bit tired of the WW1 era.

In this case bring on the next era. Without inspiration and fire in their belly, the developers could one by one migrate to other jobs and projects.

I'll support whatever 777 do because of their quality and integrity so far.
Posted By: goodbrain

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 05:02 AM

I never get tired of ww1. I hope they release an SDK soon. If A.I., Balloons, and the lack of deadly front lines are feature locked as they are, it will be up to the community to fix them.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Scoobe

Why should you assume that they are planning on abandoning the Great War before reasonably finishing it?

No, Im not saying they would, nor do I think they have any plans to stop delevoping for ROF for a while. However, At some point, they will consider other options like WW2 or other era's for the digital nature engine. I hope thats a long time away, as I prefere WW1 air combat to any other era. Im just responding to those who would like to see them move on to WW2 now.

Rob
Posted By: Broadside_Uda_Barn

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 06:06 AM

I have always been interested in ww1 flight.
Not so interested in any other era tbh.
I'm glad to keep on supporting RoF development.
At some point, it would be great to address the memory issues confronting more troops, planes, action on the ground, which would entail re-hashing some of the engine itself...and I'd be happy to support that as well.

Jason, Han, and the crew are the mac daddys of the flight sim world...and I'm very happy they're focused on biplanes....hope they continue to be so for a long time to come.
Posted By: Feathered_IV

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 06:23 AM

A while back there were reports that some of the RoF boys were putting together a Polikarpov I-16 in their own time as a sort of after-hours project. If Maddox survives to produce their Battle for Moscow expansion, Maybe the Russian devs would like to try something more homegrown and start with a Khalkhin-Gol I-16 vs Ki-27 sim.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 06:31 AM

Originally Posted By: tagTaken2

Yeah, but it's a very limited time frame and let's be honest here - most people outside of Europe don't give a darn about the history of the SCW. Whatever's next has to be something that has a wide market appeal, and the SCW sure isn't that.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Originally Posted By: tagTaken2

Yeah, but it's a very limited time frame and let's be honest here - most people outside of Europe don't give a darn about the history of the SCW. Whatever's next has to be something that has a wide market appeal, and the SCW sure isn't that.

I know! I was pointing out that is what makes it a big ask- can't just model 10 types and be done with it.

Pity, one of my favourite campaigns is Il-2 Campagn Espagne.

The Thunderbolts over the Pacific idea sounds interesting, other than Korea (which Luthier's team is supposedly still working on?) and Vietnam.
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 10:02 AM

We'd be stupid not to.

Yes, I indeed remember a lot of people being very "stupid not to" until very recently. Amazing how quickly people change...

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Nimits
If 777 making a WWII sim meant 777 making a WWII sim that had a pilot career similar to the much anticipated upcoming career mode in ROF, I'd be all for it!

Yes, I do wonder if the new ROF career mode engine could be moved to other projects along with the 3D engine and physics.

That'd be a huge plus if so.
Posted By: FlatSpinMan

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 12:15 PM

Sounds excellent, Jason and the team. Pick a nice simple but cool WW2 theatre first of all then work from there. Of course it'd be impossible to cover the full extent of the conflict - that would be one big hurdle - but wow, the possibilities are drool-inducing.
Coupled with what sounds like a good campaign system it could be great.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 12:32 PM

personally I would rather they continue to take there lovely WW1 sim further

Jason does say in his post that the intention is to continue adding WW1 content, even if they start a WW2 project.

I would love to see trenches and troops added, and the front lines livened up,

I used to say the same but I just don't think its possible within the ROF engine without major re-wiring. I've given up tbh.
Posted By: Bandy

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 01:13 PM

Early North Africa/Mediterranean WWII. The I-ties vs. Brits in obsolete biplanes, with just a handful of more modern types to make it a real challenge. It is a great transitional period for combat aircraft, good ground action, and likely would get more interest than SCW.

Somebody mentioned no AAMG along the front. Pat Wilson's campaign generator will auto-populate the frontlines with AAMG, as well as AAMG and AAA around airfields. I think I've heard these missions can then be used for online play, or as a starting point for tweaking online missions.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 01:26 PM

The only problem with N Africa are the rumours that Maddox will go there next.

For that reason I'd go with the Pacific. Maybe the dev's will want to do the Eastern front.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Broadside_Uda_Barn
I have always been interested in ww1 flight.
Not so interested in any other era tbh.

Hmm, for me nearly the inverse is true. I've always been interested in Second World War flight, and am barely interested in other eras. Great War aerial combat has too many luck factors. Same with missile-age jet fighter combat. Second World War flight is my favorite, and Korean War flight would be interesting, but anything outside of that window irritates me to some degree. I prefer Great War aircraft to modern jet fighters, because one flies the airplane more in the former. But, to be honest, I, too, am getting a bit tired of Great War. I truly miss Second World War fighters, and have for years. I cannot wait until a competent studio such as 777 comes out with a good Second World War flight sim.

Originally Posted By: Feathered_IV
A while back there were reports that some of the RoF boys were putting together a Polikarpov I-16 in their own time as a sort of after-hours project. If Maddox survives to produce their Battle for Moscow expansion, Maybe the Russian devs would like to try something more homegrown and start with a Khalkhin-Gol I-16 vs Ki-27 sim.

If 777 Studios decided to take this route, I would probably support them, just to keep them going, in the hopes that one of their future projects would be more interesting to me. But this project you suggest does not appeal to me at all. I have no interest in flying either the I-16 or the Ki-27. If I bought this sim, it would remain on the shelf for all but a couple of hours in which I try it out to see how well they model the Second World War fighters. Then I'd wait for them to come out with some American, German, and Italian, aircraft. Those are where my interests are. I'd love to fly a P-38 study sim, or a P-47 one, or even an Me-109 one. Or something like Rise of Flight but with that sort of fighters.
Posted By: Wodin

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 04:04 PM

I have to agree with this...I do understand why the field mods are being introduced...for money reasons...but they aren't really enhancing the game...I'd rather they concentrate on immersion and trying to get it to feel like your taking part in WW1...the career will be great when eventually all the significant planes are made..but it will still not feel like your actaully flying around in WW1...an awful lot of work needs to be done in no mans land and extra objects and I myself would have prefered less polygon models with good FM's and cut back on the special effects but expand the overall amtsophere of the game by adding to the enviroment..

Anyway it's a personnal view only...

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 04:15 PM

I think the field mods appearance is a bit of an an experiment, playing around with the DLC concept. No ones marketed a sim like this before.

People have asked for this stuff over and over, particularly the extra gauges, Aldis and ring and beat centre sights for the Central planes. I wouldn't say they aren't enhancing the game, some people wanted this stuff.

The number of objects issue and numbers of players possible are much deeper and harder to fix I'd guess.
Posted By: swampthng

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 05:43 PM

as much as i flipping HATE the DLC model for doing business, and yes it was a HUGE barrier for me to this game, it is better than waiting for "rise of flight gold" or whatever 3 years after release for full price and only adding a few features. Much like the madden games where every year is a few minor tweaks and a new roster and 60 bucks please. DLC is the bane of gaming right now, i get sick of watching devs milk people for short games missing content just to make a few more bucks.

That said, if it means i get a proper WW2 sim, with a proper campaign and decent graphics i'll still support it DLC or not. While i do think 7 bucks is a tad high for planes it's worth it if i get decent detailed planes. CLOD is an unfixable buggy mess in my opinion that will never be anything more than air quake for people that like that sort of thing. So to have another alternative that i can support as it goes along is something i look forward to.

I just hope if they go ww2 that it has a tad more atmosphere than ROF currently has with some actual ground battles going on. I don't care if it's just fluff. Just so there's something at all going on on the ground.
Posted By: Mahoney

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Dart
I think anyone who is making flight sims at this time is just a glutton for punishment:

Low profits
Abusive customer base (or has everyone forgot the Russian Mafia slurs against Neoqb?)
Impossible expectations (and the closer to perfect the more sharp the criticism)
Abusive customer base
Low profits

I certainly think anyone doing so on the 1c business model is crazy. An eight year development cycle is an insanely huge investment before seeing any return in a niche market.

Current software development thought emphasises the following:

1) Tight feedback loop - get running code in front of real paying customers as fast as possible to start validating your ideas.
2) Rapid return on investment - the model of investing vast amounts (and software development cycles of multiple years equals investing vast amounts) and possibly never releasing or having a flop is simply too risky. A crazily high percentage of software projects fail.
3) Avoid big bang releases like the plague. They are very high risk and very stressful, and tend to raise high hopes and then disappoint people, which loses customer trust which is your life blood.
4) Iterate, iterate, iterate - don't try and produce a gold plated version 1 with every feature you have considered, just a functional one with a very limited feature set. Then release very regularly delivering incremental improvements across the entire feature set - again, don't try and gold plate any particular feature, just keep them all going well. And in the process keep the code *clean* so you don't need to do a re-write.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/02/11 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: swampthng
as much as i flipping HATE the DLC model for doing business, and yes it was a HUGE barrier for me to this game, it is better than waiting for "rise of flight gold" or whatever 3 years after release for full price and only adding a few features. Much like the madden games where every year is a few minor tweaks and a new roster and 60 bucks please. DLC is the bane of gaming right now, i get sick of watching devs milk people for short games missing content just to make a few more bucks.

That said, if it means i get a proper WW2 sim, with a proper campaign and decent graphics i'll still support it DLC or not. While i do think 7 bucks is a tad high for planes it's worth it if i get decent detailed planes. CLOD is an unfixable buggy mess in my opinion that will never be anything more than air quake for people that like that sort of thing. So to have another alternative that i can support as it goes along is something i look forward to.

I just hope if they go ww2 that it has a tad more atmosphere than ROF currently has with some actual ground battles going on. I don't care if it's just fluff. Just so there's something at all going on on the ground.

The constant arrival of patches with features and new flyable planes has kept ROF fresh.

Although there's plenty available in ROF even if you didn't buy the DLC. I have all the planes but when I think about it the planes I fly most (80% of the time) are free with ROF ICE.

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/03/11 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: swampthng

To be honest I thibnk you are way off the mark, from what I have read the FMB in CoD has the ability to do many things that aren't available in ROF, also as SYN_Bliss stated it is currently not possible to have trenches in ROF, this is a big let down for me, I believe this is something CoD can do, not that they are as important in WW2, also the limit of 50 planes and limits on objects allowed means that currently CoD's online is probably in better shape for the long term than is ROF's(I'm talking potential not what is currently available), already there are often more online in CoD than ROF.

Having said that I do like ROF and fly online a lot, but it does get a bit boring at times and is totally unsuited for squad wars etc. I would much rather 777 focus on ROF and get it to a stage where we can model WW1 air and ground (ground attack was one of the main tasks during the late war)instead of moving on and making a WW2 sim, we are unlikely to see WW1 modelled too often in the future, whereas we already have a couple of sims modelling WW2, so for me I hope they stick with this era and if trenches arent available in ROF, then maybe ROF2 will have them.
Posted By: IV/JG7trumps

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/03/11 01:40 AM

What the devs need to remember is that the air war was in support of the ground war, not separate to it. The primary role of the airforces of either war was recon and bombing, single seat fighters only came about to try and stop both of the aforementioned tasks. Therefor I feel that a very goodly amount of time and resources should be attributed to the ground war.

Craig

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/03/11 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: IV/JG7trumps
Therefor I feel that a very goodly amount of time and resources should be attributed to the ground war.

I hope so, considering some of the flyables coming (Breguet and CL.II, for instance).
Posted By: Taipan

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/03/11 04:03 AM

Quote:
Bell47 Helicopter
H19D Helicopter
HRS3 Helicopter
A-20C
A-20C_RKKA_E_NW (1942)
A-20C_RKKA_NW (1943)
A-20DB7 – Boston MK.II
A-20G
A-20G_RKKA_NW (1943)
A-20G_RKKA (1943)
A-20G_RKKF (1943)
A-20G-1
A-20H
A-26B
AirCobra1
B-17D
B-17E
B-17F
B-17G
B-24J-100-CF
B-25D-5NC
B-25D-20NC
B-25J-15NA
B-25J-22NA
B-25C_RKKA
B-25D_RKKA
B-25J_RKKA
B-29
RB-29 Recon
Tu-4 Bull
B-25C-25NA
B-25G-1NA
B-25H-1NA
B-25J-1NA
BeaufighterMk21
BeaufighterMkIF
BeaufighterMkI ]
BeaufighterMkX
BlenheimMkIV
BlenheimMkIVF
BI-1
BI-6
BuffaloMkI
C-47
C-47A
C-47B
C-47Export
XC-47C floater
XC-47X floater
XC-47JET_Testbed
AC-47_Spooky
CW-21
DXXI_DK
DXXI_DU
DB-3b
DB-3M
DB-3T
DB-3F
FaireyBattle
FM-1_GM
FM-2_GM
F2A-2
F4F-3
F4F-4
FM-2
F4U-1A
F4U-1C
F4U-1D
F4U-4
F4U-4B
F4U-5
F4U-5N
CorsairMkI
CorsairMkII
CorsairMkIV
Curtiss F6
MartletMkI
MartletMkII
F6F-3_Early
F6F-3_Mod
F6F-5_Mod
F6F-3
F6F-5
F6F-6
F6C4Hawk
F6F-5N
F8F-2 “Bearcat”
F9F2 “Panther”
XF9F6 “Cougar”
F84G1_ThunderJet
F84G2_ThunderJet
F84G3_ThunderJet
F84G ThunderJet
F84G ThunderJet Nuke
F84F Thunderstreak
F-86_A5
F-86F25E
F-86_F1
F-86F25L
F-86_F30
FokkerG1
FulmarMkI
G-11
HALIFAX_bMkIII
HurricaneMkI_Ia Trop
HurricaneMkI_Ia 12lbs
HurricaneMkI_b
HurricaneMkI_bT
HurricaneMkIIa
HurricaneMkIIb
HurricaneMkIIb Trop
HurricaneMkIIbB
HurricaneMkIIbT
HurricaneMkIIc
HurricaneMkIIcB
HurricaneMkIIcT
HurricaneMkIIc Trop
HurricaneMkIId
HurricaneMkIIbModDZZ
HurricaneMk IV
Sea Hurricane Mk Ib
Sea Hurricane Mk IIc
I-15bis
I-15bis_Skis
I-15_m22
I-15_m25
I-153M62
I-153P
I-153_2BS
I_153_2SHKAS_BS
I-153_fin
I-16type5 “Mosca”
I-16type5_SPB
I-16type5_Skis
I-16type6
I-16type6_Skis
I-16Type10
I-16type10WC
I-16Type12
I-16Type17
I-16type18
I-16Type18bs
I-16type24
I-16type24_SPB
I-16Type27
I-16Type28
I-16type29
I-185M-71
I-185M-82A
I-250
Il-2_1940_Early
Il-2_1940_Late
Il-2_1941_Early
Il-2_1941_Late
Il-2I
Il-2M_Early
Il-2M_Late
Il-2T
Il-2I_DZZMod
Il-2T_DZZMod
Il-2_3
Il-2_M3
Il-2_1941_Late_DZZ
Il-4
Il-10
I-153N_Float
Lancaster
LaGG-3series1
LaGG-3series11
LaGG-3series4
LaGG-3series29
LaGG-3series35
LaGG-3IT
LaGG-3series66
LaGG-3RD
La-5
La-5F
La-5FN
La-7
La-73xB20
La-7R
Li-2
Magister
MACCHI 5
MACCHI 7
HANSA 5
HANSA 7
MBR-2-AM-34
MiG-3
MiG-3ud
MiG-3-2xUB
MiG-3-2xShVAK
MiG-3-AM-38
MiG-3U
MiG-9protoF-2
MiG-9FS
MiG-15(bis)
MiG-15(bis) Late
MiG-17
MosquitoBMkIV
MosquitoFBMkVI
MosquitoFBMkXVIII
MosquitoBMkXVI
MosquitoNFMkII
MosquitoFBMkVICC
MosquitoTRMk33
P_11c
P_11F
P_24b
P_24e
P_24f
P_24g
P-35
P-36A-3 “Hawk”
P-36A-4 “Hawk”
P-38E “Lightning"
P-38F-1-LO
P-38G-5-LO
P-38G-10-LO
P-38G-15-LO
P-38H-5-LO
P-38J-10-LO
P-38J-15-LO
P-38J-25-LO
P-38L-5-LO
P-38J
P-38L
P-38L_Late
P-38M
P-38N
P-38-DroopSnoot
P-400
P-26
P-35
P-39D1 “Airacobra”
P-39D2
P-39N1
P-39N1M
P-39Q-1
P-39Q-10
P-39Q-30
Hawk75A-2
Hawk75A-3
Hawk75A-4
Hawk75H
Hawk81A-2
Kittyhawk
KittyhawkMkIa
P-40 new wings
P-40B
P-40C
Tomahawk
TomahawkMkIIa
TomahawkMkIIb
P-40 Breco
P-40E
P-40E-M-105
P-40F
P-40L
P-40M
P-40-N
P-40K
P-40K-5
P-40L-10
P-40M-10
P-40N-1
P-40N-5
P-47B-1
P-47B15
P-47D-10
P-47D-22
P-47D-27
P-47D
P-50-A
P-51-A
P-51B
P-51B-NA
P-51B-5NA
P-51B-10NA
P-51B-10MHood
P-51C
P-51C-NT
P-51D-5Early
P-51D-20NT
P-51D-25NA
P-51D-30NA
F-51D-30NA
P-51D-5NT
P-51D-20NA
F51_Cavalier
F51_COIN
F51_Ramjet
F51_Pulsejet
Mustang_II_Tanks
Mustang_II_NoTanks
MustangIII
P-63C
P-80A
RF-80A
F-80A_ShootingStar
P2V5_Neptune
PBN-1
PBJ_C1
PBJ_D1
PBJ_G1
PBJ_J1
Pe-2 series1 – “Pescka”
Pe-2series84
Pe-2series110
Pe-2series359
Pe-3series1
Pe-3bis
Pe-8
PZL-37B
PZL_PuW_bombs
R-5
R-5_skis
R-10
Skyraider_AD-4
Skyraider_A1-J
SB_2M-100A Dauntless
SB_2M-103
SBD-3 Dauntless
SBD-5
SeafireMkI
SeafireMkII
SeafireMkII4xH
SeafireMkII45
SeafireMkII50
SeafireMkIII
SeafireFMkIII
Seafire Mk. XV
SeaFuryMkI
SeafuryMkX
SpitfireMkI_early
SpitfireMkI
SpitfireMkIb
SpitfireMkIIa
SpitfireMkIIb
SpitfireMkVa
SpitfireMkVb
SpitfireMkVbT trop
SpitfireMkVb12lbs
SpitfireMkVb16lbs
SpitfireMkVbCLP
SpitfireMkVbLF
SpitfireMkVbLFCLP
SpitfireMkVbM4616lbs
SpitfireMkVc
SpitfireMKVc4xHLand
SpitfireMKVc4CW
SpitfireMkVc16lbs
SpitfireMkVc4xH
SpitfireMkVIII
SpitfireMkVIIICLP
SpitfireMkIXcM61
SpitfireMkIXcM63
SpitfireMkIXc
SpitfireMkIXcCLP
SpitfireMkIXcHF
SpitfireMkIXe
SpitfireMkIXeCLP
SpitfireMkIXeHF
SpitfireMkIX25lbs
SpitfireMkIX25lbsCLP
SPITXIIearly
SpitfireMkXII
SpitfireMkXIVC
SpitfireMkLFXIVE
SpitfireMkXVIe
SpitfireMkXVIe4
SpitfireMkXVIeCLP
SpitfireMkXVIe25
SpitfireMkXVIeCLP25
Spitfire_P.R._Mk.XI
Su-2
SwordfishMkI
TempestMkV
TempestFBMkII
TyphoonMkIB
TyphoonMkIBLate
TempestMkV11Lbs
TempestMkV13Lbs
TB-3_4M-17
TB-3_4M-17_T_DZZMod
TB-3_4M-34R_T_DZZMod
TB-3_4M-34R
TB-3_4M-34R_SPB
TBF-1 “Avenger”
TBF-1C
TBM-1 “GM Avengers”
TBM-3
T6_Texan
SNJ_5C
AvengerMkIII
Tu-2S
U-2VS
U-2NB
U-2UT
U-2VS(SHKAS)
U19A_Gun
L-5_Sentinel
L-5A
TigerMoth
Su-26 aerobatics plane
Su-26m
Yak-1Light
Yak-1
Yak-1Bearly
Yak-1B_Early
Yak-1B
Yak-1Late
Yak-1PF
Yak-1PFLight
Yak-3
Yak-3P
Yak-3VK-107
Yak-3R
Yak-3bsf
Yak-3Km naval
Yak-7A
Yak-7B
Yak-7BPF
Yak-7B_late
Yak-9
Yak-9B
Yak-9D
Yak-9D-44
Yak-9DD
Yak-9M_Early
Yak-9M
Yak-9K
Yak-9RLR_DZZMod
Yak-9T
Yak-9T-44
Yak-9T-45
Yak-9U_Early
Yak-9U_NW
Yak-9U
Yak-9UT
Yak-15
Wellington-MKIII
UTI-4
UTI-4B
Trimotor
KI-98
J7W1 “Shinden”
A5M4 “Claude”
A6M2 “Zero”
A6M2-21
A6M2-N “Rufe”
A6M2-21_FB
A6M2-21_Late
A6M2-21_Late_FieldMod
A6M3 “Zero”
A6M3_Kamikazi
A6M3-22
A6M3-32
A6M3-32kai
A6M3a-22ko
A6M5 “Zero”
A6M5a
A6M5b
A6M5c
A6M5_Kamikazi
A6M6-53
A6M7_Model62
A6M7_Model63
A6M-11 “Navy Zero”
A6M-21
A6M-21RFM
A6M-21Late
A6M-21LateRFM
A6M-21LateFM
A6M-N
A6M-32
A6M-32RFM
A6M-32FM
A6M-22
A6M-22RFM
A6M-22-Ko
A6M-22Kai
A6M-52Early
A6M-52
A6M-52-Ko
A6M-52-Otsu
A6M-52-He
A6M-62
A6M-63
A6M-54

Ar-196A-3
Ar-234B-2 “Blitz”
Ar-234C-2 (4-engines)
B5N2 “Kate”
B6N2
B-239 “Brewster Buffalo”
AviaB534
AviaB534R
AviaBk534Sea naval
Bf-109B-1 “Berta”
Bf-109B-2
Bf-109C-1 “Clara”
Bf-109E-1 “Emil”
Bf-109E-1/B
Bf-109E-3
Bf-109E-3/B
Bf-109E-4
Bf-109E-4/B
Bf-109E-4/N
Bf-109E-4 Trop
Bf-109E-7
Bf-109E-7Z
Bf-109E-7/B
Bf-109E-7/N
Bf-109E-7/N Trop
Bf-109D-1 “Dora”
Bf-109D-1Late
Bf-109F-0 “Franz”
Bf-109F-1
Bf-109F-2
Bf-109F-2/B
Bf-109F-2 Trop
Bf-109F-2/B Trop
Bf-109F-2/U Galland
Bf-109F-3
Bf-109F-4
Bf-109F-4 1.3ata
Bf-109F-4/B
Bf-109F-4 Trop
Bf-109F-4/B Trop
Bf-109F-4/R-1
Bf-109F-4/Z
Bf-109F-4_Mistel
Bf-109F-5
Bf-109F-6
Bf-109G-1 “Gustav”
Bf-109G-2
Bf-109G-2 Trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-3
Bf-109G-4
Bf-109G-4 Trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-5
Bf-109G-5/AS
Bf-109G-6
Bf-109G-6_Late
Bf-109G-6AS
Bf-109G-6 trop 1.3ata
Bf-109G-6 Erla
Bf-109G-6 Tall Tail
Bf-109G-8
Bf-109G-10
Bf-109G-14 early
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109G-14/AS
Bf-109G-10C3
Bf-109G-10 Erla
Bf-109G-14
Bf-109K-4 “Kurfurst “
Bf-109K-4C3
Bf-109K-6
Bf-109K-14
Bf-109Z
Bf-109T Naval
Bf-110C-4
Bf-110C-4B
Bf-110G-2
BF-110-G4 (Nighfighter)
BlenheimMkI
CANT1007 Alcione
CANT1007T
CantZ1007bis
CR_32
CR_42 “Falco”
DXXI_SARJA3_EARLY
DXXI_SARJA3_LATE
DXXI_SARJA4
D3A1
D3A2
Do-217K-1
Do-217K-2
Do-335A-0 “Pfeil”
Do-335V-13
Fiat G56 “Centauro”
Fi-103_V1
Fi-103R-IV
Fi-156 “Storch”
Fw-189A-2 “Uhu”
Fw-190A-2 “Wurger”
Fw-190A-3
Fw-190A-4
Fw-190A-4T
FW-190A-4_1.42ATA
Fw-190A-5
Fw-190A-5165ATA
Fw-190A-5U14
FW-190A-5_1.42ATA
FW-190A-5_1.58ATA
Fw-190A-6
Fw-190A-7
Fw-190A-7Sturm
Fw-190A-8
FW-190A-8_1.65ATA
FW-190A-9_1.65ATA
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190A-9T Navy
Fw-190A-9N
Fw-190A-8N
Fw-190A-7N
Fw-190D-9early
Fw-190D-9
Fw-190D-9_Late
Fw-190D-11
Fw190_D12R14T
Fw-190D-13
Fw190_D13T
Fw-190D-14
Fw-190D-15
Fw-190F-1
Fw-190F-2
Fw-190F-3
Fw-190F-8
Fw-190G-1
Fw-190G-2
Fw-190G-3
Fw-190G-8
Fw-190A-8Mistel
FW-200C-3U4
G_50
G-55
G-55-Late
G-55_ss0
G-55_ss0-Late
G56
G4M2e
G4M1_11
G4M2E “Betty”
GladiatorMkI
GladiatorMkII
Gladiator_EX floater
Go-229A-1
Go-229NJ
Go229A-2
H8K1
He-111H-2
He-111H-6
He-111H-12
He-111H-20
He-111H-21
He-111P-2
He-111Z
He-162A-2 “Volksjager”
He-162C
He-162B
He-219 “UHU”
He-L-IIIB2 “Lerche”
HurricaneMkI
Hs-123
Hs-129B-2
Hs-129B-3/Wa
IAR80early
IAR80
IAR81a
IAR80B
IAR80C
IAR80M
IAR8iCnew
IAR81c
J2M3
J2M5
J2M3_mod
J2M5_kai
J2M5_kai_AI

J8A
Ju-52/3mg3e
Ju-52/3mg4e
Ju-52/3mg5e
Ju-87B-1 “Stuka”
Ju-87B-2
Ju-87C “Navy”
Ju-87D-1
Ju 87D-1
Ju 87D-3 with Jumo 211J
Ju 87D-5 with Jumo 211J
Ju 87D-7
Ju 87D-8
Ju-87G-1 “Panzerknacker”
Ju-87G-2
Ju 87R-1
Ju 87R-2
Ju-88A-4
Ju-88A-4_Torp
Ju-88A-17
Ju88C-6NJ Night
Ju88C-6 Day
Ju-88Mistel
Ki-21-I “Sally”
Ki-21-II
Ki-27-Ko “Nate”
Ki-27-Otsu
Ki-30 “Ann”
Ki-31
Ki-43-Ia “Oscar”
Ki-43-Ib
Ki-43-Ic
Ki-43-II
Ki-43-II-Kai
Ki-43-Ia_DZZMod
Ki-43-Ib_DZZMod
Ki-43-Ic_DZZMod
Ki-43-II_DZZMod
Ki-43-II-Kai_DZZMod
Ki-43-III-Ko
Ki-44-II-Ko “Tojo”
Ki-44-II-Hei
Ki-44-II-Otsu
Ki-44-II-Otsu_Late
Ki-46 “Dinah”
Ki-46-Otsu
Ki-46-Otsu-Hei
Ki-46-Recce
Ki-50
Ki-51
Ki-61-I-Ko “Tony”
Ki-61-I-Hei
Ki-61-I-Otsu
Ki-84-Ia “Frank”
Ki-84-Ib
Ki-84-Ic
Ki-100-I-Ko
Ki-100-I-Otsu
L2D
MC-200series1
MC-200series3
MC-200series7
MC-200series7FB
MC-202
MC-202_III
MC-202_VII
MC-202_XII
MC-205_I
MC-205_III
Me-163B-1a
Me-210Ca-1
Me-210Ca-1ZSTR
Me-262A-1 “Schwalbe”
Me-262A-1aU4
Me-262A-2ª
Me-262B-1a (2 seater)
Me-262HG-II
Me-321
Me-323
MS402
MS406
MS410 “Hornisse”
ME-410-A
ME-410-B
ME-410-D
MS-Morko
MXY-7-11
N1K1-J “George”
N1K1-Ja
N1K2-Ja
N1K3-A
N1K3-J
N1K4-J
RE-2000
RE-2002
RWD-8
RWD-10 sports plane
SM-79 “Gobbo Maleditto”
S-328
Savoia_S-21 seaplane
Ta-152C
Ta-152H-1
Ta-152H-1Mistel
Ta-183
Durand_Yak-9T
Safonovs_I-16_24
Pokryshkins_MiG-3
Pokryshkins_P-39N1
Rechkalovs_P-39Q15
ojedubs_La-7
Graf_Bf-109G-6
Hartmann_Bf-109G-6
Hans_Rudels_Ju-87G-2
Heppes_Bf-109G-6
Kovacs_Bf-109G-6
Molnar_Bf-109G-6
Fabian_Bf-109G-10
Nowotnys_Me-262A-1a
Sarvanto_DXXI

Bliss - you are comparing Cask wine with Champagne there. The graphical models in IL-2 are not on par you know that, even the flight model detail has much less parameters in IL-2. It's a pointless comparison.

On the topic of further development though.. COD WILL get better over time, and that will be my WW2 sim as it does this. 777 Rise of Flight is and will be my WW1 sim. I may be interested in some other sims.. but WW1 is what we love.

I hope if the devs are sick of WW1, that they hire new devs to freshen the team. 777 can make the BEST WW1 sim, and so far it is on track to become that - but it doesn't have the most content and it still has many issues to fix.

I've always defended ROF, but on the knowledge (hope) that everything we want will come to us over the next 5 years. Everything takes small steps when it's this detailed but I want to see a Channel map, Gallipoli, Palestine, Zeppelins, plus another 20-30 planes, and more ground units.

I also want to be able to create missions with complex interaction of many AI planes and ground objects. I always need to remove objects and dumb down otherwise good missions.

While I disagree with Bliss's general negativity ESPECIALLY about the field mods - he is right about the multiplayer issues. While it is nice to see 35 pieces of wing fluttering down in the wind synchronised across 40 players, it's more important to be able to handle the basics with minimal bandwidth, lag, and object limitations.

I hope Jason's talking about 4-5 years later and not in the nearer future because ROF is now finally taking off and there's a growing WW1 fan base that want and will pay for more WW1 content.

I'll always buy and pre-order anything WW1 that 777 creates.
Posted By: catch

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/03/11 04:20 AM

I'll endorse that Taipan. I've always been a WW1 guy with not that much interest in any other combat aviation era .... particularly jets and helo's neaner biggrin I'd prefer 777 continue RoFs development exclusively but will of course follow 777's future endeavours with much interest.
Posted By: Taipan

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/03/11 04:40 AM

Yeah me too. Although I play DCS sometimes it doesn't draw me in like ROF. ROF is the first thing I want to click on when I turn on the computer.
Posted By: Jorri

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/03/11 06:21 AM

Well said, Taipan. Same goes for me.
Posted By: Feathered_IV

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/03/11 06:30 AM

Maddox Games is unlikely to touch the China/Burma or Pacific theatres in the forseeable future. Oleg already said as much. I would not be surprised at all if 777 does a Flying Tigers sim and works things up from there. Jason might even get to go squirting at zeros in his P-47 before long that way. smile

Re: 777 Studios taking over COD development ? - 05/03/11 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Feathered_IV
Oleg already said as much. I would not be surprised at all if 777 does a Flying Tigers sim and works things up from there. smile

Now that would be sweeeet.

To stay with WWI, a Middle East map and dynamic campaign for it would add legs. Modelling miles of sand and palm trees...
© 2024 SimHQ Forums