homepage

ROF Site down ?

Posted By: Desode

ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 04:22 AM

I can't get the Rof site to come up , are they changing the site ? or has it crashed or what.
I got next day off and I wanted to buy some planes tonight.
Anyone know whats going on or is it something with my pc ?
Thanks for your time and consideration, Desode
Posted By: Dart

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 05:05 AM

Fail to connect for me, too.
Posted By: FearlessFrog

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 05:58 AM

Useful site called 'Down for everyone or just me?' (wow, web apps are getting very specific :))

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

So

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/riseofflight.com

...is down for everyone unfortunately. I was just going to check out the demo too.
Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 06:02 AM

I think there is a problem with the internet in Russia in general as I lost the team on Skype too.

I'm sure it will be back up soon.

The authentication servers appear to be ok though.

When I learn more I will post.

Jason
Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 07:15 AM

The site is down. The team is aware of it and they are working to resolve. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jason
Posted By: Catfish

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 07:40 AM

Just remove this stupid online requirement and no one will even notice.

Greetings,
Catfish
Posted By: Broadside_Uda_Barn

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 07:42 AM

I'm able to play with no problems now, even online, with the Neoqb forums down....I only noticed the issue because I was interested in checking something on the forums.

Catfish, are you not able to play for some reason?

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 07:51 AM

Hello Broadside,
no playing works a charm, only problems with the forum.

Greetings,
Catfish

P.S. I wasn't quite earnest, i really like the sim, however i guess anyone knows my opinion on online requirement camouflaged as "anti-piracy" measures, so i won't bore you anymore WinkNGrin
Posted By: =FB=VikS

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 08:42 AM

Hi All!
Web site is down for a few hours, we are solving the problem at the moment.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted By: Broadside_Uda_Barn

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Catfish

P.S. I wasn't quite earnest, i really like the sim, however i guess anyone knows my opinion on online requirement camouflaged as "anti-piracy" measures, so i won't bore you anymore WinkNGrin

Glad you're not having problems.
And, your opinion is just as valid as anyone elses' opinion! I dont mind the online activation issue, but I am very glad that they added the offline option for players with connect issues (I used to have serious connection difficulties, so I can empathize with those that have these).

Thanks for the note Viks!
Posted By: nuggetx

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 10:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Catfish
Just remove this stupid online requirement and no one will even notice.

Greetings,
Catfish

+1

I think that combining our cdkeys with account and one time verification is enough proof that we bought and own the game.
Posted By: FiveDigits

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 10:59 AM

Your misconception is that the online requirement is merely a copy protection. Many things like the career engine and the awards generator actually run on the master server. And then there are the global stats ...
Posted By: Mogster

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 11:37 AM

I can still online log into the game, it just seems to be the website thats affected.

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 12:24 PM

Hello 5digits,

" ... Your misconception is that the online requirement is merely a copy protection. ..."

It is used as such, so it seems they do not trust me to have bought the sim. I am not interested in online fighting on a server somewhere, give me a good historical single player offline campaign, and i'm happy.

Up to now we have only the disadvantages of having to be online, the career "engine" as such would perfectly run without it. The leaderboard at the RoF site has problems enough regarding updating, and what you can do with it at all.
I do not care for global "stats" about my behaviour, whether i am online or not, when i was online, and how many i shot down, or how often i got shot down. I don't give a damn about others' behaviour either. This leaderboard crap should be an option free to choose, not a requirement.

Greetings,
Catfish
Posted By: JFM

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 12:28 PM

The site was down last night and I was able to still fly, too.

Thanks to the sim-saver Desode, he helped me get RoF running with stability, no graphic anomalies, nearly no shimmers, and looking decent--as I told him, his unsolicted help was the Governor's last-minute call that stayed RoF's execution/uninstallation. Now it's time to buy a couple planes.
Posted By: Speyer

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 12:53 PM

Thanks...

You are not authorized to view this page
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:

* Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
* Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.
Posted By: mike1997

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 01:57 PM

yeah I get that message too.

As to authentification. What more do you want them to do? You can already log in off line now. Do you think they should stop people from logging online who want too?
Posted By: =FB=VikS

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 02:01 PM

Site is up, but forum is not yet, gonna be up soon smile
Posted By: Kupo

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/22/10 07:56 PM

I'm getting a "404: Page not found" when I try to register. I assume it's related?
Posted By: Daniel_Han

Re: ROF Site down ? - 06/29/10 08:46 PM

You still get this? Should be fixed.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums