homepage

Fokker DR.1 Promo Video

Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 05:47 AM

Hey guys,

I just uploaded a promo video to give a little peak at the DR.1 in action against the Camel.

Thanks to WWBrian for helping me film some multi-play tag. If you notice during the river run part, he is dropping bombs in the river as he flies. He dropped like four total. Two can be seen in the video going off. The second one gets me as I over-fly it just as it goes off! That's one way to get a kill.

I send Snoopy to doggy heaven a few times.

Give it a few minutes to show. It is also in HD. That may not be available for a few hours.

Enjoy!

And as before, I'm not the best shot and some of the stuff you see is not final and may change by time the plane is released with the next patch.

Jason
Posted By: Genbrien

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 05:56 AM

good thx wink
Posted By: WWBrian

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

If you notice during the river run part, he is dropping bombs in the river as he flies. He dropped like four total. Two can be seen in the video going off. The second one gets me as I over-fly it just as it goes off! That's one way to get a kill.

I send Snoopy to doggy heaven a few times.

Enjoy!

Jason

Curse you Baron von AnimalControl! butt

hahaha

If you notice -- again, I get to be the sucke'...erm' the guy out front... I had to find SOME way of having some fun!

SCORE IN TWO! winner

Call me anytime ya need a target Jason!

biggrin

S!
Posted By: Genbrien

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 08:07 AM

LOLLL at 2:32 banghead
EDIT: do you know Jason if you/they planed to release a pack of planes instead of each one being individual ?
Posted By: RocketDog

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 08:28 AM

Great looking aircraft, can't wait to fly it.

And...

It's got an ASI!

The windmill thing on the left interplane strut is an anemometer-style airspeed indicator.

Cheers,

RD
Posted By: Vati

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: RocketDog
The windmill thing on the left interplane strut is an anemometer-style airspeed indicator.

I hope the rest of German planes get it as well and that it wont be just "Dr.I gadget".
Incorrect instrumentation and such low will to correct this in ROF is really annoying.

Anyways, I look forward to Friday! smile
Posted By: Vanderstok

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 10:13 AM

So, no RPM gauge? That is a first.. At least we have a compass AND altimeter, quite a luxery for German RoF fighters smile
Posted By: Sim

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 10:49 AM

Allied workers need to use more glue on those wings...they are falling off a bit too easy.
Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Vanderstok
So, no RPM gauge? That is a first.. At least we have a compass AND altimeter, quite a luxery for German RoF fighters smile

There is, it's behind the stick lower in the cockpit.
Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 11:10 AM

And oh... look out to the left on the wing struts and you get to see another gauge not often seen on a German a/c.
Posted By: WWSandMan

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Sim
Allied workers need to use more glue on those wings...they are falling off a bit too easy.

That was my impression from the video as well.

If nothing else it would seem that turning right with a Dr.1 on your butt is not a good idea. Turning left seems to give the Dr.1 pilot more problems, especially if you can make it a climbing left. I suspect that may be rather difficult in the Camel however.
Posted By: womenfly2

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 11:48 AM

Thanks Triple 7, great video. Seems the Dr.1 can hold her own. .... you too WWB ! Thanks for the sacrifice.

LOL!
Cheers.

Hey what happened to the torque effect on startup like in the promo vid's when the plane really rocked side-to-side?
Posted By: Hellbender

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: WWSandMan
If nothing else it would seem that turning right with a Dr.1 on your butt is not a good idea. Turning left seems to give the Dr.1 pilot more problems, especially if you can make it a climbing left. I suspect that may be rather difficult in the Camel however.

Straining myself to think of a plane that has a tendency to pull to the left and has an excellent climbing turn.

Ding dong, it's Noop 28 o'clock!

Oh and what big fat targets these slow turning Dr. 1 pseudo-Richthofens will be!

biggrin
Posted By: haltux

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 12:40 PM

You don't know how many tries were necessary to achieve the kills that can be seen on the video.

From my experience in game, it is really not that easy to break the opponent's plane wings.
Posted By: Vanderstok

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau
Originally Posted By: Vanderstok

There is, it's behind the stick lower in the cockpit.

Ahhh, I see it now.... thanks!

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: haltux

You don't know how many tries were necessary to achieve the kills that can be seen on the video.

From my experience in game, it is really not that easy to break the opponent's plane wings.

Yes, you're only getting the high-lights from a couple hours of game play.

Jason
Posted By: Musicman

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/28/09 10:36 PM

Oh just hurry up and give me this plane so I can find out for myself! taz LOL!!!
Posted By: Agent X20

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/29/09 12:33 AM

Out of curiosity what sort of spec harware are you using there Jason?

I'd like to think my E8500/4GB/4890 could deliver visuals like that but I've never managed it.

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/29/09 01:57 AM

I posted them in the Camel thread I think. I have a high-end system and a mid-range system. Both are able to run nearly the same graphics. But in the vid you see everything is maxed except landscape which is on medium and doesn't seem to make much of a visual difference if at all.

Jason
Posted By: Agent X20

Re: Fokker DR.1 Promo Video - 10/29/09 07:57 AM

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
I posted them in the Camel thread I think. I have a high-end system and a mid-range system. Both are able to run nearly the same graphics. But in the vid you see everything is maxed except landscape which is on medium and doesn't seem to make much of a visual difference if at all.

Thanks Jason - spotted that not long after I posted.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums