homepage

New information from 7th FSim Conference

Posted By: Gremlin_WoH

New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 09:10 AM

There is some new information available from neoqb collected by Jasta 99 during the 7th flight sim conference -> Wings Of Honor

Cheers
Posted By: womenfly2

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 11:36 AM

RECENT NEWS Rise Of Flight: New Information From Neoqb.

Interesting, this will certainly raise some questions here I am sure.

Thanks G.

Cheers.
Posted By: Arnow

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 01:24 PM

Well i have to say, this is extremely good news smile

I stopped playing for a couple of months, but since the last patch i'm playing again...And i'm really satisfied to see NeoQB is still working hard on this beautiful sim...Way to go! We still need to be patient before a true campaign mode is given to us though...
Posted By: RocketDog

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 01:41 PM

Good: Nice to hear they have long-term plans and that skin templates and a flight track recorder are in the works.

Bad: No news on a QMB and a control-model revamp for spring-centred sticks. It sounds that dogfight servers are not coming that soon. Of course, no news doesn't mean it's not being addressed.

Cheers,

RD.
Posted By: FlyRetired

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 01:44 PM

Way to go, and it's a joy watching this sim continuously evolve.

I can see that ROF and Neoqb are going to be hard to beat.
Posted By: Dunkers

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyRetired
Way to go, and it's a joy watching this sim continuously evolve.

I can see that ROF and Neoqb are going to be hard to beat.

You're back! And there was me thinking you'd been banned... wink

Regarding the news, all good apart from the lack of a QMB and the time it looks like it's going to take to get the rest of it. Track recorder fairly soon - excellent. I can live without dogfight servers, but for the sake of keeping RoF evolving I think that it should be high priority to create the wherewithal.

cheers

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: dunkelgrun
You're back! And there was me thinking you'd been banned... wink

LOL, that would've been my second retirement!

We've had the best summer here in the Midwest that I can ever remember, and between vacation trips, and hiking and biking, it's been such a pleasure.

Too much computer time saps your soul, mate.
Posted By: Richardg

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 02:58 PM

Quote:
On the question of the sim being playable in case the neoqb servers are switched off forever there is no clear answer yet.

Because...

Quote:
Regarding the always online requirement: neoqb is currently checking if there may be adjustments possible which will be a more difficult task to do due to the communication processes in the game (authorisation process, statistics, game update strategy).

In other words, online authentication is so deep in the code, if NEOQB ever goes belly up, unlocking the game isn't going to be easy. It will require more months of coding, which they wont do, because theyre going belly up.

And...

Quote:
In the more distant future a complete revamp of the career mode and the introduction of a dogfight mode for multi player mode is planned.

They should be working on that NOW, because gameplay is what this game is sorely lacking.
Posted By: womenfly2

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 03:39 PM

Daaaaaam RG, I have to learn to read between the lines better.

Cheers.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 04:24 PM

It's nice to see that the constant rattle about DRM is obviously going on their nerves enough to make them reconsider.

It sounds however like BS to me that these features (patching, online stats) are such a problem to deal with. Just give the user the ability to deactivate auto-patching and auto-stat submitting and be done with it. None of these features are fundamental to gameplay either way.
Posted By: Tbag

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
It's nice to see that the constant rattle about DRM is obviously going on their nerves enough to make them reconsider.

+1
Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Richardg
Quote:
On the question of the sim being playable in case the neoqb servers are switched off forever there is no clear answer yet.

Because...

Quote:
Regarding the always online requirement: neoqb is currently checking if there may be adjustments possible which will be a more difficult task to do due to the communication processes in the game (authorisation process, statistics, game update strategy).

In other words, online authentication is so deep in the code, if NEOQB ever goes belly up, unlocking the game isn't going to be easy. It will require more months of coding, which they wont do, because theyre going belly up.

And...

Quote:
In the more distant future a complete revamp of the career mode and the introduction of a dogfight mode for multi player mode is planned.

They should be working on that NOW, because gameplay is what this game is sorely lacking.

RG,

You don't know the particulars of the publisher's various agreements with them. These kinds of concerns are addressed. That's all I can say. Just fly and enjoy the product as much as you can and let's stop trying to predict it's doom. :-(

They are working on lots of stuff as I have said all along. Some things will come before others. There are a couple new features already in testing that I can't comment on yet.

Development is all moving in a very positive direction at the moment.

Jason
Posted By: DoolittleRaider

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: RocketDog
Good: Nice to hear they have long-term plans and that skin templates and a flight track recorder are in the works.

Yes, Good news for sure! I hope that they can create a recorder with a reverse/rewind function,unlike IL2's Trk recording system which by design must always go forward when playing.
This would make movie-making MUCH easier.
Posted By: FiveDigits

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 07:39 PM

Reading "In the more distant future a complete revamp of the career mode and the introduction of a dogfight mode is planned." kinda hurts. frown Both should be priority #1 atm
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 08:03 PM

Doolittle, I think lack of Reverse/Rewind is just a negative effect of the small file size IL-2's system had.

You can either record absolute positions of every aircraft in XYZ as well as all three axis (tons of data and not quite smooth transitions), or record only player input and have the AI repeat the battle (IL-2's system). But the AI can't "fly backwards".

Seems they are putting user modifications first, campaign and dogfight server later. They really trust you guys to come up with good content fairly quickly I guess...
Posted By: JFM

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 09:11 PM

The fruition of this planning will mark the return of my interest. Hopefully by then they'll have enough planes for a proper campaign. For me it's now a race between this and BoB.
Posted By: tagTaken2

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 09:39 PM

* Regarding the always online requirement: neoqb is currently checking if there may be adjustments possible which will be a more difficult task to do due to the communication processes in the game (authorisation process, statistics, game update strategy).

Hmmm...

*light breaks through clouds*

Even if they want to switch over to monthly validations, would be a start. At the very least they could look at scheduling updates on a regular basis, ie every second Tuesday morning, so we know that playing delays caused by server maintenance or patching will be predictable.
A promising step, they've acknowledged that it can be an issue. cheers

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: FiveDigits
Reading "In the more distant future a complete revamp of the career mode and the introduction of a dogfight mode is planned." kinda hurts. frown Both should be priority #1 atm

Please everyone stop fixating on the "distant future" phrase. He said "distant future" because they have to do a lot of coding to do to give you what you want and and even if they started tomorrow it would not be done for a while. There is no way to put a completion date on this task yet. What the community has asked them to do is a very large coding job that will have to send them back to the drawing board in a lot of ways. Not an easy task. It took them 3 years to get to this point.

Jason
Posted By: RocketDog

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 09:55 PM

Yes - bear in mind that this was from a native Russian speaker, talking to a German and then translated into English. I wouldn't read too much into the word "distant", I think it just means after the track recorder. English is so subtle that half the time I can't even understand Ming, let alone Neoqb-speak.

Cheers,

RD.

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: RocketDog
English is so subtle that half the time I can't even understand Ming, let alone Neoqb-speak.

Hehe, well you said that well enough RD.
Posted By: FiveDigits

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 10:37 PM

I just read the original text. Btw the German version explicitly states "in ferner Zukunft" (in the distant future). Still hoping for the best.

PS: Minglish is really hard.

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: JFM
The fruition of this planning will mark the return of my interest. Hopefully by then they'll have enough planes for a proper campaign. For me it's now a race between this and BoB.

Been hoping so too Jim, and then maybe I'll see the 94th Aero Squadron campaign finally in the game (I would hate to lose a year's work you know).

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 11:11 PM

I'll try to get them to clarify it better.

Jason
Posted By: Trouble4u

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 09/30/09 11:31 PM

Hmmmm, the return of FlyRetired and Jason. Coincidence? Perhaps. Or maybe they've just returned from Russia where they beat Loft into submission for the revamp of campaign mode and DF server!

My heros smile

Now if you could them to take me back LOL biggrin
Posted By: Uriah

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 10/01/09 12:10 AM

good enough news for me to make the effort to get one of those limited virtual credit cards from my bank and start buying some planes.
Posted By: Hiccup

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 10/01/09 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
I'll try to get them to clarify it better.

Jason

Hey Jason! since you are having them clarify better, what do you know about the recorder? Is this going to be video or kinda like RB3D after mission mission recorder?

It is good to hear what they are working on. It is information like this that really keeps myself interested in investing in this sim (Time and money). Plus it fun to fly after a 6 pack or 2 cheers
Posted By: Ming_EAF19

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 10/01/09 09:38 AM

bear in mind that this was from a native Russian speaker, talking to a German and then translated into English. I wouldn't read too much into the word "distant", I think it just means after the track recorder.

100% agree with that, especially having seen some unfortunate translations. I cite Fortune Marksman. He's a part-time astrologer probably or just a lucky shot

To our ears, 'distant future' has shades of The Time Machine and Morlocks. In Russia it probably means next year

Hey Jason! since you are having them clarify better, what do you know about the recorder?

I'm not Jason but-

I've always wanted to say that Smile2

I'm not Jason but if it can be created it will probably be similar to our Il-2 track recorder with a Record button/key/toggle

With a bright red filled-circle icon onscreen when Recording please? </wishlist>

Please, that's important and is missed in Il-2, nightmare. Am I recording or am I not? I'll just check. Eek Smile2

Ming
Posted By: JFM

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 10/01/09 12:40 PM

Fly, it's too bad you aren't in charge! Looks as if that'll be great, once the skins and planes are finished. I still love your Schlachtflieger campaign idea!

Alas, ROF, is unflyable for me ATM since the last patch, so the availability of the greatest single-player campaign in the world would be moot.

Re: New information from 7th FSim Conference - 10/01/09 01:07 PM

Jim, it's horrible that you can't now fly after the latest patch!

I noticed post-update that it required me to dial back the game's graphic settings, because my previous settings exceeded my available card memory. Strange, since I can't detect any other improvements that the patch might have brought in the graphics department.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums