homepage

Can't register at the RoF website

Posted By: BillyRiley

Can't register at the RoF website - 06/25/09 08:37 AM

I cannot seem to register at the Rise of Flight website. It says invalid email format - my email address is wmar67 at yahoo dot co . uk

Any ideas?

Thx
Posted By: Ming_EAF19

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/25/09 09:34 AM

Hi Billy I'll ask for help for you over at the RoF forum

http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=342&p=6642#p6642

Ming
Posted By: BillyRiley

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/25/09 08:09 PM

Thx Ming. I've had issues on the Overclockers forum before and it was down to me using a Yahoo account which they did not allow. Could be something similar.

I was just looking for info on this as it seemed to drop out of nowhere.
Posted By: JV44HeinzBar

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 06:19 PM

S!,
The site keeps timing out when I try to register. I've been at it for 20 minutes now. Any idea how I might be able to register so I can actually start flying?

I should note that I'm trying to register to RoF site. Another question: the security code contains two words. Are the words to be separated by a space (I assume this to be correct) or are they typed in as one word. *I haven't even gotten to the section where I put in my activation key*.

HB
Posted By: Oilburner

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: JV44HeinzBar
S!,
The site keeps timing out when I try to register. I've been at it for 20 minutes now. Any idea how I might be able to register so I can actually start flying?

I should note that I'm trying to register to RoF site. Another question: the security code contains two words. Are the words to be separated by a space (I assume this to be correct) or are they typed in as one word. *I haven't even gotten to the section where I put in my activation key*.

HB

Same here...timing out...
Posted By: SquintsGS

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 06:52 PM

Me, too. Guess the server's getting hit/updated...?
Posted By: kludger

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 07:40 PM

Same error here, tried with IE8 and Firefox, captcha words with space and no space, my guess is their server can't handle it...

Frustrating to have it installed and able to load but not fly due to the internet registration, hope they get it sorted soon...

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 08:58 PM

3.5 hrs later and still the same problem. I would post on their forums but I have to be able to register first lol! I would be really pissed if I paid for overnight shipping but gogamer's free shipping got it here today via USPS.

If anybody has an account on their forums could you post this problem so we can get a response.

thanks
Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 09:02 PM

Guys,

I hear you. I don't know hat the problem could be, but please send this issue and explain the problem to them. Send your email to rof@neoqb.com.

They need to hear of any problems like this as soon as possible.

I the meantime, try registering a different freebie email to see if that works.

I'm sorry for the touble guys, I will also let them know there seems to be an issue.

Jason
Posted By: kludger

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 09:28 PM

Thanks Jason, we appreciate the support, I have e-mailed rof@neoqb.com, hope they get it solved soon as I suspect many of your other US customers received ROF in the mail today and will be installing this evening and run into this.
Posted By: Mike_Toth

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 09:58 PM

Yeah I just got it in the mail and am trying to set up an account prior to installing,

I'm getting a server not found error when doing so... server more than likely is maxed... yes please put up a red flag over on that forum for us U.S. users.

thanks much..

Mike
Posted By: WilliVonBill

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:03 PM

Yep... I got the same error. Bummer.

WvB

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:03 PM

I just emailed them as well.. hope they can get that server up and running soon

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:15 PM

Jason, tried to send an email and got this:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Cannot Register ROF
Sent: 6/26/2009 5:13 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'rof@neoqb.com.' on 6/26/2009 5:13 PM
The requested operation failed.

lol

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:33 PM

I sent an email to that address about 1/2 hour ago haven't gotten anything back so hopefully
someone over there will check their email in the morning.... gad.. I was all set to do some flying
tonite too.. looks like it will be a DCS BlackShark kinda night...

bummer... (well Blackshark is very cool too so its not THAT much of a bummer)

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
Guys,

I hear you. I don't know hat the problem could be, but please send this issue and explain the problem to them. Send your email to rof@neoqb.com.

They need to hear of any problems like this as soon as possible.

I the meantime, try registering a different freebie email to see if that works.

I'm sorry for the touble guys, I will also let them know there seems to be an issue.

Jason

tried a my gmail email account for fun.. didnt work either
Posted By: BaylorMax

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:37 PM

Yep, me too! I keep getting a time out error.

Kudos for Jason for getting it to me today, here in Texas. Brickbats to the RoF folk for not being able to register us all.

I wonder how many of us are trying to register this Friday afternoon? smile

Later!

Baylor6
Posted By: greyiron

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:37 PM

Same problem,this is real bummer.........

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:42 PM

Thanks guys for understanding. I'm guessing more folks got their copy today than we expected and they got clobbered? The Priority Mail from GoGamer is getting copies to folks very quickly it appears.

I'm not sure, but it's just the wrong time of day over there to expect an instant fix. I'm in touch with the team over there until the afternoon PST and then we go into a communications blackout for a few hours. They were very cognizant of potential server issues ruining the fun the first couple days, so I am sure they will not be happy to see a down server and upset customers. I'm sure they will fix ASAP. Please keep sending them emails until fixed. They'll get the message you are unhappy.

Dust off and play Counterstrike for a couple hours. :-)

Jason

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:53 PM

Hey Jason,

Thanks for all the help.. we know it's not your fault...

How dare they sleep at 3AM over there.. LOL.....

Let us know when you hear somethin....

Posted By: Alex_p

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 10:59 PM

I got my copy in today and have the same problems (USPS Priority Mail is awesome).

I am eagerly awaiting patch that disables this nonsense. Until then I am not recommending this game to any of my mates.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:02 PM

e-mail sent. I guess I have some time to play a bit of Empire Total War whilst waiting.

BTW, excellent job on getting the game shipped Jason. I was quite pleasantly surpised that it was in my mailbox today! Well done GoGamer and 777 Studios! thumbsup

Now... if we could only rouse our Russian friends... grrr
Posted By: Snake_Pliskinn

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:02 PM

Thanks guys for understanding. I'm guessing more folks got their copy today than we expected and they got clobbered? The Priority Mail from GoGamer is getting copies to folks very quickly it appears.

I'm not sure, but it's just the wrong time of day over there to expect an instant fix. I'm in touch with the team over there until the afternoon PST and then we go into a communications blackout for a few hours. They were very cognizant of potential server issues ruining the fun the first couple days, so I am sure they will not be happy to see a down server and upset customers. I'm sure they will fix ASAP. Please keep sending them emails until fixed. They'll get the message you are unhappy.

While 'it's the just the wrong time of day over there' would be a perfectly fine answer if I bought a Russian only - not released in the US - version, I don't find it acceptable for a version I bought HERE. That begs the question of what happens on a Friday morning here when their server goes down? We're screwed cause its the 'wrong time of day'? I appreciate your effort to contact them and get some speedy resolution, but you making excuses for them is annoying. If they want to be an international company, they they ought to act like one. Right now, I wouldn't recommend their software to anyone.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:06 PM

I just heard from neoqb and they are aware of the issue and fixing it. Not ETA yet, but should be soon.

Apparently they aren't asleep over there, as I had a feeling they weren't. I just wasn't given their late night battle plan so I assumed it wouldn't be instant. Turns out they are indeed on watch.

Everything will get patched up very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jason
Posted By: MJMORROW

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Snake_Pliskinn

While 'it's the just the wrong time of day over there' would be a perfectly fine answer if I bought a Russian only - not released in the US - version, I don't find it acceptable for a version I bought HERE. That begs the question of what happens on a Friday morning here when their server goes down? We're screwed cause its the 'wrong time of day'? I appreciate your effort to contact them and get some speedy resolution, but you making excuses for them is annoying. If they want to be an international company, they they ought to act like one. Right now, I wouldn't recommend their software to anyone.

Jason and his team work very hard to resolve issues. We all share your desire to get on ASAP and if Jason could do more, I am sure that he would, based on my experience. I hope to see you and everyone online soon.
All the best,
MJ
Posted By: Baco

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:11 PM

Jason Big thanks, got your Priority mail Just fine!
BIG THANK YOU.

Now Neqube... GEEZ, servers are supopsed to be monitored. Tell thwem to rent some servers in the Sates with 24/7 support..

Counterstrike.. EEEWW..
Nothing beats a good mission in Il-2 Sturmovik 1946...

We are required to have a quote: "Stable internet conection"... How about them!

I shall not buy sims without reading a review and watingfor the first patch... repeat... banghead banghead

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:19 PM

The servers are in the States Baco. :-)

And Baco I know where you work, don't make me come there and spank you.

Thanks MJ.

I'm sure they understand the importance of constant availability of the servers. You learn from experience and I'm sure they are learning a lot this week. The NA launch was twice as big as the Russian launch.

Jason

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:21 PM

I hear you Snake. I've seen your movies and I won't argue with you statement.

Jason

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:21 PM

I just heard from neoqb and they are aware of the issue and fixing it.

Good to hear. Thanks for keeping on top of this for us, Jason.
Posted By: 43st

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:23 PM

Is there an offline mode or work-around? or it just a one time register and then the game doesn't require the internet?

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:28 PM

The servers are in the States Baco. :-)

And Baco I know where you work, don't make me come there and spank you.

Ouch, now I´ve done it :D:D

Jason, let me know if you are ever in the neiborghood and I ´ll buy you lunch.
You should have my phone too wink
Posted By: Walsh

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:30 PM

Frankly this is bulls***. I knew I shouldn't have purchased this thing but noo pretty biplanes shooting at each other, couldn't resist. Goddamn DRM bulldonkey. I want to play.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:44 PM

Guys,

I'm waiting to hear back from neoqb. They are working on it. I just hope they were attacked since the Russian's have been signing up left and right for weeks. Some sick people out there. Hmm....

Jason
Posted By: WWTaco

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:49 PM

Game server side is fine, BTW I had no problems switching my previously created profile from Beta to Retail on over @ their forums. So I know it's frustrating trying to get "registered" but once ya make it there. the doors are all open, waiting for hosts and pilots.

I know it's no constellation.

S!
Posted By: Sith_561st

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:53 PM

43st It requires an internet connection everytime you "log in" to the sim from what I gather.

Jason thank you so much for your perseverance in this matter. Im overjoyed to know someone gives a damn. smile I was in the middle of typing my own complaint about this whole pile of horse doo-doo when a buddy called and told me about your post about being in contact with them, so I deleted it. Im not normally one to complain about these things, but since I have been counting the hours for two weeks waiting on this, it was starting to get to me.

BTW, BANG-UP job getting those copies out. I was totally surprised to get it today. THANK YOU!

See you guys over the front. When you see a completely gaudy colored Fokker closing on your six you will know its me.

Sith

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/26/09 11:54 PM

Yeah me too.. I figured I'd receive my copy early next week at the latest... Gogamer is a great site....

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: WWTaco

S!

"constellation"?
Do you mean, "consolation"? hahaha
Posted By: El Piloto

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: 43st
Is there an offline mode or work-around? or it just a one time register and then the game doesn't require the internet?

No, you always have to be connected to play.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: El Piloto

Yikes, such are the times we live I suppose.. ok, thanks Sithmaster & El Piloto. Maybe someone will find a developer keyboard shortcut or something, this whole Facebook/Twiter/Always-logged-on thing is getting a bit much. I had no idea the game wasn't playable without being plugged in, shouldn't they have a huge warning sign on the box at least?

Anyhoo.. I'll continue to mash the registration button. bs_sign
Posted By: WWTaco

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: SquintsGS

S!

"constellation"?

Doh!! damn spell checker! LOL who knows at this point it might be Orion's fault :P
Posted By: NECyclone

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:26 AM

7:20 pm USA Cental timezone and I have not been able to registar since installation at 1 pm. So close yet so far away. smile

The Pain, the Pain. :0
Posted By: Platypus

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:41 AM

I just got my box too and was able to register and fly a mission. When I first started the game I got hung up with a "server error". I then went back to the ROF website and added the license key(that is on the back of the manual) into my Profile page. Then I went back to the game and it launched just fine. Hope this helps....

Never mind. Exited the game to adjust my graphic settings and tried to launch the game. Server error. Back to square one again.

Never mind again. It's working fine again. wacky

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: SquintsGS

S!

"constellation"?

Doh!! damn spell checker! LOL who knows at this point it might be Orion's fault :P

+1 hahaha

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Platypus
I just got my box too and was able to register and fly a mission. When I first started the game I got hung up with a "server error". I then went back to the ROF website and added the license key(that is on the back of the manual) into my Profile page. Then I went back to the game and it launched just fine. Hope this helps.

That's just it, unfortunately. None of us can register on the RoF site, let alone enter the license key.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: El Piloto

Yikes, such are the times we live I suppose.. ok, thanks Sithmaster & El Piloto. Maybe someone will find a developer keyboard shortcut or something, this whole Facebook/Twiter/Always-logged-on thing is getting a bit much. I had no idea the game wasn't playable without being plugged in, shouldn't they have a huge warning sign on the box at least?

Anyhoo.. I'll continue to mash the registration button. bs_sign

Ell the box clearlly says, internet conection required.....on the cover quite visible.

Well, at Least I will not have to betray my squad and will be able to attend to tonights Il'2 mission LOL!!!!

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:49 AM

Well after a break, I see some progress has been made. Instead of slowly crawling toward 25% of open and letting you believe it MIGHT work, it immediately sends you to the "Page not found" oblivion.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:06 AM

See, instead of just frustration, we now have more efficient frustration! Gotta be a step in the right direction! mycomputer

Hey... any progress is progress... LOL....
Posted By: El Piloto

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:12 AM

This should all be filed in "How not to launch a new game."

I'm a loyal gogamer customer and will continue to be. I appreciate Jason's sincerity, but his apologizing for neoqb is pathetic. They should be here, not using him as a go between.

I actually don't have a lot of interest in WWI aviation, but I bought RoF mostly to support another flight sim product, of which there are too few. Now I'm wondering why since maybe these guys don't deserve success.

I have no qualms with CP/DRM and understand a companies need to protect its IP, but when that comes at a cost of alienating or antagonizeing your customer base, shame on you.

At this point, this NA launch is a fiasco.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:21 AM

Its working now.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:24 AM

Oh well.. Im going back to flying the newly released F-14 for FSX for some more traps on the also-newly-released Nimitz and Ike carriers. When I click on that icon, I can go right to flying. <grin>

If someone would be so kind as to email me when this gets fixed, I would be greatly obliged.

angelofcruelty at gmail.com

S!
Sith

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:24 AM

Its working now.

Aren't you the lucky one... no joy here. Still trying. Still being mocked by 404 error. <sigh>
Posted By: Biff99

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:25 AM

Not for me. You must have gotten lucky.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:26 AM

Its working now.

Mine isn't. Still takes me to "page not found".

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:26 AM

ditto here.... 404 Page not found
Posted By: Subguru

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:31 AM

Double ditto
Posted By: trek

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:32 AM

Same for me, still not working! Anyone check to see if they've gotten an email from Neoqb?

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:33 AM

Wait, wait. I tried 5 times. The 6th I noticed in little green letters at the top that "An email with instruction was sent."

Now to wait for the email...

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Biff99
Wait, wait. I tried 5 times. The 6th I noticed in little green letters at the top that "An email with instruction was sent."

Now to wait for the email...

Yep same here. But no email yet. Clicking refresh on yahoo mail like a madman.

S!
Sith

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:35 AM

I just tried registering and it and responded with a message

"An e-mail with instruction was sent."

took about a minute to respond..... lets see if I get an email now

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:35 AM

Finally! Waiting for the confirmation e-mail now.... cheers

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:38 AM

Got the same.. but nothing is coming in. Can't even really trust that it means anything.

Man what a blown evening. bleh.

3rd try it worked!! Start hitting back and try again boys!

Yay! Email received and game installed. Now to go crash into something. biggrin

do u mean on getting an email or just getting a response from their server saying an email was sent?

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:41 AM

I feel that my email address is way down a very long list. LOL Server must be struggling to keep up. Think we should get out and push? pilot

BTW my in-game callsign is AngelOfCruelty. If any of you guys see me, say hello. I will need some back-up I am sure. Going to be a lot of "Russian Predators" online. <grin>

S!
Sith

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:42 AM

yeah me too... feed the squirrels some nuts.....

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:42 AM

I received the email with a link to complete my registration. I was then able to enter my game key and my profile setup is now complete.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:44 AM

How long did it take after it told you the email was sent... still waiting on mine

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:45 AM

I still get the server error message. How about the rest of ya?

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:45 AM

Just received my email... any Yahoo email people out there check your SPAM folder

it dropped it into mine.......

Hopefully the registration works...

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike_Toth
Hey anyone with a yahoo account check your spam folder... it went into mine.. just received it

GOOD CALL dude!

S!
Sith
Posted By: Alanthegrate_LSO

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:47 AM

It worked for me thanks for getting it up jason
Posted By: Alex_p

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:47 AM

Got my email. It was failing in firefox and I tried IE and worked the first time. Might have been just dumb coincidence though.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Sithmaster
Originally Posted By: Mike_Toth
Hey anyone with a yahoo account check your spam folder... it went into mine.. just received it

GOOD CALL dude!

S!
Sith

No Prob bud... I clicked the link in the email and was able to register my game.. installing now....

tks much Jason and all

cya in the un-friendly skies...

xwing

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 02:09 AM

Okay got mine working.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 02:16 AM

Oh it wasn't me. Thank the guys at neoqb. They are obviously up late.

Glad it's working now.

Jason
Posted By: JSkellington

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 03:10 AM

How long to wait for the email? I sent the registration request over an hour ago. I got the green message that email was sent. Still nothing....

Thanks

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 03:12 AM

I only had to wait a few minutes...
Posted By: sr12

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 03:27 AM

I have been waiting for the email for 1 to 2 hours and still nothing..... This has been the biggest pain in the ... I hope I get a reply in the morning. This is a terrible way of verification or registration for a game.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 03:29 AM

Check your spam folders guys.....

it was sent into my Yahoo email account spam folder...... thankfully did not have the auto empty feature turned on for that folder.
Posted By: GoobyRastor

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 04:13 AM

Shoot. I've also got the "waiting for e-mail" blues. I've tried three different accounts, and nothing, not in spambox, nowhere. I think I'll sleep on it and see if one or all have got a reply in the morning. If not, I'll be back for advice.
Posted By: franksvalli

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 04:18 AM

1. Check your spam folder.
2. If you still have issues, try another email address.

It looks like there's a possibility the server has gone down again, but no word from neoqb yet (they've already stayed up late and said they fixed the problem: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=644)
Posted By: Undo

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 04:19 AM

Did not go to spam folder. No email for over an hour. This is unpleasant.
Posted By: zORK

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 04:23 AM

I recieved my mail right away via AOL. Perhaps a mistype email is to blame? try registering again.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 04:27 AM

tried multiple email accounts...nothing is working. *sigh*
Posted By: exhausted

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 04:29 AM

OK, I guess this is proof that ROF DRM is sh!t. This was the stupidest f&cking idea in the world and we all knew it and we got duped. If a way to circumvent this crap isn't made fully accessible then I hope you guys tank for having your heads up your a$$es.

Needless to say, I'm among those who can't register.

EDIT: sorry for my previous outburst.
Posted By: Foucault

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 04:42 AM

Considering that I registered with the ROF site just around its launch, I don't expect to experience any of these problems, but I could be wrong.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 04:45 AM

Yeah, if you're already registered on the site, all you have to do is enter in your license key and you're good to go. It looks like new registrations are the problem.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By: franksvalli
Yeah, if you're already registered on the site, all you have to do is enter in your license key and you're good to go. It looks like new registrations are the problem.

I have a server error. I tried opening ports 28000 and 28001. I tried adding fire wall permissions fire wall, I added my licence key to the NEOQB site. What the heck am I doing wrong?
Posted By: Lucky812

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 05:20 AM

Cancelled Friday night plans when I saw the game arrived. 6 hours later no email. I tried with two different email accounts.

Put me down for being really pissed about this jacked up DRM.

Thank you for letting me vent.
Posted By: tamper527

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 05:22 AM

Maybe someone could have told us all we should pre-register, then?

But, really, we shouldn't be having this problem, should we?

I'm sorry, but this is just a freakin' mess. Not only should "the servers" have been made particularly ready for this event, but someone from neoqb should be watching like a damn hawk, 24 hours/7 days, for the first week or so of this release, ready to swoop in at the first hint of a problem. After all, it's only their entire reputation on the line.

Instead, we're being told to write neoqb because they might not even be aware there's a problem?

Wow.

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By: MJMORROW
Originally Posted By: franksvalli

I have a server error. I tried opening ports 28000 and 28001. I tried adding fire wall permissions fire wall, I added my licence key to the NEOQB site. What the heck am I doing wrong?

As far as I know, ROF uses port 80 (TCP) for logging in, which is the same that HTTP uses (i.e. the same port your web browser uses), so there should be no firewall issues. 28000-28001 UDP is for multiplayer only.

I just tried and I'm able to log in successfully. Did you check that you entered the key correctly?

Really depressed to see so many registration issues.. gives people a really bad first impression. Hope it gets straightened out...

EDIT:
Here's a thread from the official forum that may help: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=616

Summed up, if you get "server error" make sure your firewall isn't blocking RoF. Also make sure there aren't any spaces in your pilot's name.. for some reason that's an issue...

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 05:41 AM

Yeah, all the port stuff is great. I wish I could get even that far. If I can't even get an email to conclude the registration process (I'm sorry, but this is basic stuff here) and I know I have this crap to look forward to as well...this isn't good. In fact, it is an epic fail.
Posted By: Louis

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 05:42 AM

Waiting on the email from the company for over an hour. According to their website they feel that they have solved the problem. Not likely.
Posted By: greyiron

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 05:51 AM

Frustrating.....8 hr wait to register......4 hr waiting now for email confirmation........E-Mail neoqb
waiting for reply........... Frustrated and Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 06:16 AM

Well one e-mail adress went through, still waiting for the reply thow maybe tomorow right?
But then on my primary e-mail it tells me its allready reguister, still it wont send me the password...
very very frustarting, instead of going to bed with a smile of satisfaction I go to sleep frustrated and mad, and very dishearted...

Thanks god My Il-2 sauqd is still operating and we had a blast tonight.. I decided to give RoF a new chance before going to be, but of course, I go to bed without a hint that it might work...

Well we are making history here, this one will be remember as an epic faliure to deliver what was primised despite all the "noise" that was made on forums waaaaay before hand....

Everybady predicted a problem and Neoqb sayd it would be just fine...
well, nothing fine here except Gogamers excellent service...
Posted By: tamper

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 07:09 AM

Incredible. Where are the DRM defenders now?
Posted By: tamper

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 08:05 AM

Supporting the obviously clueless people at neoqb....
Posted By: =FB=VikS

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 08:20 AM

The problem should be fixed now, if you still got this problem please replay about it ASAP to rof@neoqb.com with following details:

Name
Email Address
Password

We are sorry for inconvenience.
Posted By: mainexpress

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 08:36 AM

Im still waiting on my e-mail after the registration process,what the heck is goin on with this site,this is crazy,has anybody else gotten e-mails yet finalizing the registration,ive checked my regular mail and spam countless times.And i did this hours ago Grrr...
Posted By: no105_mfu

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 10:44 AM

I gave up waiting for my confirmation e-mail around 0100 this morning. Still nothing at 0641. But when I try to re-register I'm told that I already have an account. Well that's nice to know...
Posted By: JSkellington

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 10:47 AM

Same problem...says I already have account but no email.... There's going to be some angry people waking up on the East coast if this is not resolved soon...
Posted By: WWBrian

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 11:20 AM

Quote:
Same problem...says I already have account but no email....

If you have an account - then you are all set.

...you do not "need" the email - it just has a convenient link to the profile page where you enter your key code (as well as a reminder of your username/PW).

If it says you have an account, then log in at riseofflight.com, and go to the profile section and you'll see a box to input your key code.
Posted By: Louis

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:45 PM

Finally got the note with registration. It took hours but eventually came.
Posted By: no105_mfu

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 12:56 PM

Same here. I can finally run the game but I cannot get my HOTAS to configure properly. I could live with the inverted throttle settings but I'm just too clumsy to adjust to the inverted rudder. After 4 or 5 tries I guess I'll give it a rest. Michael has a CH profile that I'd like to try but his setup includes the CombatStick and I'm running the FighterStick. Oh well...
Posted By: GoobyRastor

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/27/09 03:30 PM

Yup. Woke up to registration emails. Played around a bit... gonna try more later.
Posted By: AKA_Clutter

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/29/09 03:42 AM

I had to wait several hours, but finally got in and registered. After that had joystick setup issues. I found the following information on the RoF forum. Sorry I don't have the original link or the original author of the answer.

This worked for me!

=================================
Greetings WT_Pitr,

Yes, alternatively, you can go to your Input folder; ( located at X:\Game Folder\data\input )

...there you will see a file with the name input.map;

Open that file using notepad and find the axis you wish to change.

(in my example, we'll assume it is the rudder axis we want to change)

so find the line that reads:

action("RPC_YAW_N",State,joy0_axis_T);

change the "RPC_YAW_N", to read "RPC_YAW_P", ( bold added for emphasis - do not actually bold it in the file)

( or if it is already a _P then change to _N )

This changes axis-Positive to axis-Negative.

That should do it for you WT_Pitr!

Enjoy!

=======================================
Posted By: sitting_duck

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/30/09 03:47 PM

Glad i sighned up at rof when they where looking for beta testers.,.

Anyone know of any ports that have to be forwarded for mp game servers?

Put up a couple games, and no one has been able to see them....

Enabled dmz and my game still didnt show up...

And,,,not sure if i like the format for mp,,,have to pick from existing missions,,,and just plain dogfight doesnt seem to be an option...

took a quick look at mission builder,,,and get the feeling thats gonna take some time to get the hang of...
Posted By: =FB=VikS

Re: Can't register at the RoF website - 06/25/10 12:12 PM

Hi Guys!
If you didnt got a conformation e-mail, please write me a letter to rof@neoqb.com i will help.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums