homepage

Linking the new RoF forum

Posted By: FlyRetired

Linking the new RoF forum - 05/07/09 10:00 PM

Neoqb has their new RoF forum up and running now, and with Russian and English sections avialable for feedback on the final release of the sim in Russia and the CIS countries.

http://www.riseofflight.com/forum/

Might be fun to follow along, or even join in.
Posted By: Master

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/07/09 10:17 PM

If you register there you can go into the user control panel and change the language to english which will display the buttons and text for the forum software in english.
Posted By: Ming_EAF19

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/07/09 10:34 PM

join in.

How please FR with chapter and verse if you don't mind please2? Assume I know nothing. Oh you do do you why you- you- Smile2

Ming
Posted By: WWBrian

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/07/09 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Master
If you register there you can go into the user control panel and change the language to english which will display the buttons and text for the forum software in english.

I'm not exactly sure that is functional as of this moment...

As it is usually at ..../forum/ucp.php -- and that is bringing up a "relativly" blank screen with nothing more than "back" ability.

Perhaps im missing something.

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 03:48 AM

It works because that is the first thing I did after registering and now it is all in english.

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 03:50 AM

http://www.riseofflight.com/forum/ucp.php?i=165

You are looking for Язык: Pyccknn

Just use the drop down box to select english.
Posted By: WWSandMan

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Ming_EAF19
join in.

How please FR with chapter and verse if you don't mind please2? Assume I know nothing. Oh you do do you why you- you- Smile2

Ming

To register on the new RoF site/forum:

Chapter 1: Visit www.riseofflight.com

Verse 1 : Top right corner, click the almost hidden text link under the login box, in small text (edit: removed Cyrillic script that appears as crap on this forum))

Verse 2 : A box will pop up with three text blocks to fill in.

- The top one is your nickname, and is what your forum screen name will be.

- the second is your email address

- the third is your desired password

Verse 3 : Click the text link that reads ((edit: same as the Cyrillic script mentioned above, small text link)). This sends your registration information to NeoQB.

Verse 4 : You will get a confirmation email with an activation link. Click the link.

Verse 5 : The registration activation page now displayed will include a large block where you can input your RoF game key. I (obviously) haven't got one yet, so I left it blank. I forget precisely how the rest of it goes, but it is generally like any other web site registration. Fill in username/email/password.

Verse 6 : Back to the main RoF website page, click the ((edit: more Cyrillic text ... dammit, why won't this forum show Russian text??... watch for the "/forum/" in the highlighted link)) text link to go to the forum. You should have several text links across the header area, one of which is the User Control Panel (perhaps the fourth one across, but I don't have the exact Russian verbage for the link).

Verse 7 : Open the UCP. The link one up from the bottom on the left side is the "Board Preferences" link (whatever that looks like in Russian). Open that link. In the center you'll find a drop-down box with "Pyccmmm" or something like that... change that to "British English" and click the left button on the extreme bottom of the page (that should be the submit button).

Chapter 2 : Browse the RoF forum with all the buttons and controls now in English

Verse 1 : 99% of the threads and posts are in Russian. Use whatever translator you need to get the information you want.

Verse 2 : Realize that NeoQB has the forum set to allow almost NOTHING as far as custom text formatting ( ofr example: BBCode is disabled regardless of what you have your personal settings selected as); no attachments; no links; no remote images; no personal avatars of any sort. Signature information is limited to 255 characters but must only be in plain text, and it's pointless to even set up a signature since they are not displayed anyway (once again despite what the user preferences may be, it's a board setting that disables all sig-file information).

Verse 3 : Despite what your "forum rank" text shows, you are not "Dumb". ((sheesh!))

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 08:36 AM

Sandman that's extremely kind of you, thanks!

The letter with the instruction is sent to the mail.

Worked, testament to your tutorial Smile2

Ming

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 08:38 AM

Btw mate I already notified neoqb that dumb means stupid, will filter up the food chain eventually

Ming
Posted By: Gr.Viper

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 08:39 AM

rofl. I did that as well. Actually Russian guys don't fancy being called Mute either smile
There are tons of other bugs in the forum.
Posted By: Alexi_Alx_Anova

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 09:19 AM

Thanks SandMan, but I just get a server error. frown
Posted By: Mogster

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 09:51 AM

Same here, no worky.
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 12:05 PM

"dumb", hehe, that's an instant classic...

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Alexi_Alx_Anova
Thanks SandMan, but I just get a server error. frown

I suppose they're doing some sort of server update maintenence.

Or, perhaps they squashed the bug that let folks register who don't yet own a copy of the game (no game key code to enter after having received the registration email).

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 12:24 PM

Ming old bean,

Now you know why I didn't try to explain how you should register.

(better left unsaid) hahaha

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 12:41 PM

OK, my login attempt seems to be successful but I can't get the site buttons in English. I've found the options screen but I can't see an obvious English option.

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 01:15 PM

No worries FR, all's well that ends well Smile2

Ming

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 02:01 PM

Ok mogster this is what you are looking for.

First register then go to the rise of flight website and click the "oopym" icon on the right of the menu. This will take you to the forum.

Next look for the "HoBbix NC: 0" button in the top left of the forum menu just under the site menu. This button is actually the private message button. Now if you look at the left hand menu your current location is in bold. One link above the bolded text should read "Nnyhbie Hactponkn". This is the user preferences tab. Inside this tab you will find the language drop down menu. It reads "R3biK:" and is the 4th option from the bottom. Find it's drop down menu and click it and select english.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1240/rofd.jpg

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 02:02 PM

I just now realized that you cant use russian text on simhq lol. sorry im going back now to fix it.

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 02:41 PM

'Presentations'

I think neoqb may mean 'Introductions'

Don't worry Master and thanks. I tried to follow your how-to but quickly got lost. At least we may learn some Russian words Smile2

Ming

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 02:44 PM

Well if you are already logged in then you should just be able to click this link

and look at this picture

and figure out the rest yourself smile

The button on the left is the submit button. It is labeled OtnpaBntb.

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 02:49 PM

It's like a foreign language

Ming

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 05:26 PM

Almost Minglish in nature. wink

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/08/09 06:23 PM

If I have my way yes stay tuned Smile2

Ming

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Master
Well if you are already logged in then you should just be able to click this link

and look at this picture

and figure out the rest yourself smile

The button on the left is the submit button. It is labeled OtnpaBntb.

Got it sorted now, thanks for your help. I was in the options instead of the PM menu.

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 04:21 PM

No button I hit gets me to my user panel, any more help on that please for completists Smile2

Ming

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 05:10 PM

Here ya go Ming...

Use this link to get to the RoF forums: http://www.riseofflight.com/forum/index.php

In the top-right corner will be this box:

... supply your registered email and password. I usually put a tick-mark in the "remember me" box, but I think NeoQB has something wrong with the forum's cookie settings since it doesn't "remember me" at all (I have to log in each visit). Click the large-text button on the bottom right to log in.

This will return you to the main website, but your username should appear in the log in box. Click the Forum link to return to the forum itself:

Now follow the images to get the correct links to change the forum controls (buttons, etc.) to English...

Getting to the User Control Panel:

Select the "Board Preferences" link:

Select "British English" from the drop-down box:

Click "Submit" to apply the change:

Now all the forum controls are in English:

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 05:30 PM

You're very kind, thanks Sandman

Running Internet Explorer 7 and 8, Win7RC right now, was the same on Vista's IE yesterday

'The Strange Case of the Missing Linkage: A Problem of Two Pipes' Smile2

Ming

I get as far as hitting the forum link and I see this- three main links (which take me round the houses and of course I've hit every single link everywhere 41 times solidly eliminating suspects)

Instead of your four links

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: WWSandMan
I think NeoQB has something wrong with the forum's cookie settings since it doesn't "remember me" at all (I have to log in each visit).

Actually that's incorrect, they simply have the forum set to not allow persistent log-ins. Once logged in however, all the correct icons for new posts (and previosly read posts) are there.

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Ming_EAF19
You're very kind, thanks Sandman

Running Internet Explorer 7 and 8, Win7RC right now, was the same on Vista's IE yesterday

'The Strange Case of the Missing Linkage: A Problem of Two Pipes' Smile2

Ming

I get as far as hitting the forum link and I see this- three main links (which take me round the houses and of course I've hit every single link everywhere 41 times solidly eliminating suspects)

Instead of your four links ...

Hmmm... It looks like you're not showing up as logged-in to the RoF forums, that's why you're missing some links. I'll go back through it with IE7 and see what happens.

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 06:02 PM

That must be it ... You're not logged in to the RoF forum and thus haven't got the UCP link (and all those other ones).

I got precisely the same screens under IE7 as I did under Firefox.

*Be sure to click the large-text link in the log-in box, lower-right corner under the mouse cursor!

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 06:22 PM

That must be it ... You're not logged in to the RoF forum and thus haven't got the UCP link (and all those other ones).

Must be it hmmm... I thought I was logged on after filling in UserID and hitting the large-text link in the login box Sandman... wait let me check

Dagnabbit

Very good call mate, your tick there made me think, then I noticed on your shot that it's my email address login's after, not my forum handle

You are good sir. He'll have to be watched Smile2

Thanks again you've been a great and never-say-die help Sandman, much appreciated!

Ming
Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 07:07 PM

pls tell me were getting easier forum...got lost too! smile
Posted By: Blackdog_kt

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 07:37 PM

Excuse me guys, but this is funny. It's like a star trek movie description "a bunch of non-Russian speaking people boldly go where no man has gone before...on a quest to register on a forum that is meant for owners of a game title that hasn't yet been released outside Russia" screwy banghead dizzy hahaha

I'm sure the website frontpage will have a RU/EN toggle in the next few days to make it easier to register, i can wait it out. Either way i don't expect to learn much about ROF from the forums at this point in time, since i don't speak Russian and the only people who have the game are in Russia.

There will be reviews and demos and what not before there's a tangible amount of English speaking people that can provide substantial information about ROF on the neoqb forums. No need to rush cool

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 09:48 PM

Blackdog, we finally agree on something! burger
Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/09/09 09:53 PM

yer your right smile ...just getting excited thats all

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/10/09 12:02 AM

You're welcome Ming, glad to be of assistance. smile

~~~

Originally Posted By: Blackdog_kt
... I'm sure the website frontpage will have a RU/EN toggle in the next few days ...

That is correct, this coming Thursday is the magic day for some English language content on the RoF site, as has been noted on the RoF forums and linked to in one of the posts upstream from here.

Regardless ... It is somewhat entertaining (in the 'smash your thumb with a hammer' sort of way) to BabelFish one's way through all the Russian language posts.
Posted By: franksvalli

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/10/09 12:12 AM

Hmm.. something funny going on at the website on my end... WinkNGrin

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/10/09 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: franksvalli

LMAO! That's great!
Posted By: Blackdog_kt

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/10/09 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: WWSandMan
Regardless ... It is somewhat entertaining (in the 'smash your thumb with a hammer' sort of way) to BabelFish one's way through all the Russian language posts.

Ah, the eternal masochist delights of the flight sim crowd hahaha
Posted By: Alexi_Alx_Anova

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/10/09 09:50 AM

This is so frustrating. Try as I might, I can not register for the forums. I've tried using IE7 and IE8, on Vista and XP. Every time I get the following error;

Originally Posted By: error message

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /SpecialPages/RegisterUser.aspx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: Linking the new RoF forum - 05/10/09 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By: franksvalli

Great one franksvalli!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums