homepage

Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL

Posted By: sinner6

Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/16/07 04:09 AM

Just finished the 6 part tutorial and am pretty impressed, there is a first person view, padlock, target velocity matching, fully customizable controls, mid mission resupply via tanker, wing commander style radar, afterburner and some pretty graphics. Will Try some missions and report back...
Posted By: Hengist

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/16/07 05:24 AM

Hi Sinner,

Techno told me about this the other day and I downloaded it. I only managed to get through the first tutorial, so I'll look forward to reading your further thoughts on this title.

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/16/07 05:56 AM

Holy balls!!!!

The demo mission has you protecting a group of cargo ships who are trying to run an enemy blockade of an allied starbase. There must be a hundred ships flying about. You got capital ships duking it out with a fevor not seen this side of Freespace 2. You got lasers, misssiles , and debris flying around, you got 2 flights of controllable wingmen, you got massive beam weapons.....

I kind of locked up from too much input...

There is a way to build and install new weapons on your ship and a second go was much easier to digest...

...after a couple hours with the demo, I am now officially excited.
Posted By: Hengist

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/16/07 12:07 PM

Whilst reading that Sinner, I was thinking, "Wow this reminds me of Freespace", and then you wrote what I was thinking. \:\)

I reckon this is another title to add to the shopping list.
Posted By: bisher

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/16/07 03:34 PM

Sounds cool sinner, gonna have to download this one today. \:\)
Posted By: Master

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/16/07 05:11 PM

The demo was pretty good, too bad it will be a single player only game.
Posted By: PositiveG

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/17/07 12:01 AM

I'll look into this one, thanks for the heads up.

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/17/07 04:07 PM

Very busy interface. Lots to look at.
Posted By: Jeevz

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/18/07 12:59 AM

Not just a busy interface, the first mission is out of control. Seems fun though.

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/18/07 06:25 PM

We certainly needed one of these games in the stable.

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/19/07 03:34 AM

I really liked it, put some of the better missikes and the 120mm cannon on your ship and you can take down destroyers in a single pass.

Turns out that the spiny yellow spike with rotating spikes around it (ususally on the belly) is a capital ships sheild generator. As crazy as that mission seems, once you get a handle on your wingmen and yourself (I use the 180 flip and horizontal roll alot) it's not too bad. Rearming at the carrier is exactly the right dynamic.

The weapon system reminds me of another Square Enix shooter called Einhander. I acually do remember playing the original Sypheed for sega CD. It was well recieved at the time and was arguably the best game released for the ill-fated Sega unit.

Anywhoo
Posted By: M@verick

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/19/07 07:30 AM

Sylpheed, don't that sound like an sexually transmitted disease of some kind?
Posted By: Jeevz

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/19/07 02:12 PM

I remember Einhander, it was a good game. I'm going to have to refire up the demo but I've been hopelessly addicted to Tenchu Z and Armored Core 4 lately. Need to get back on Shadowrun too but I'm kind of in shooter burnout and waiting for the crop of kiddies who all choose samurai elf to move onto something else.

Can't wait for Halo 3 to come out, it will be like a black hole for the idiots I hate having on my team in shooters.

Re: Project Sylpheed Demo now available on XBL - 06/19/07 06:06 PM

I still play Einhander, R-Type Delta and G-darius on the PSP. I love space shooters!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums