homepage

Arma 3 1.58 Release weirdness

Posted By: Enven

Arma 3 1.58 Release weirdness - 04/22/16 08:49 PM

So yeah, I play arma, a lot still...Specifically SP missions...or Hunter Six...repeatedly because my timing on joining Monday's or Saturday's are kind of hosed at the moment...I had some questions regarding the recent upgrade and wanted to hear from you fella's if you're experiencing the same issues.

Question: Anyone else having memory allocation issues with 1.58 and is there a good instruction on modifying difficulty settings (current release seemed to have removed the functionality) I viewed a wiki document that discusses deeper configuration settings which look a tad overkill for what was originally there.

I am currently running RHS mod, and about 5 other mods...I fear that there are some compatibility issues with the game from 1.56 -> 1.58 re: The mods. I am not certain that this is in fact the issue since I cannot access the difficulty settings to modify them, nor can I curb the malloc issues...If this is a pageFile Setting...please let me know if I need to force/tune the memory settings to something desirable...I have 8GB of Ram. (FYI)

Hope all of you are well...and maybe someday we can shoot something in the face...soon. smile

-Enven

Re: Arma 3 1.58 Release weirdness - 04/22/16 10:16 PM

Success: Dwarden answered the questions...

Need to update your server config settings...kind of lame- Hopefully this is fixed soon.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile#Arma_III

Second:
"There is known bug where other allocators are causing performance and stability issues, so use just none == default == Intel TBB 4 from main stable branch (NOT OLDER!)"
Posted By: sharpe26

Re: Arma 3 1.58 Release weirdness - 04/22/16 10:34 PM

Speaking of weirdness, out of nowhere the devs have a released a P90 mod to the workshop...
Posted By: EricJ

Re: Arma 3 1.58 Release weirdness - 04/23/16 02:02 AM

Yep and it's pretty cool so far. Never really excited me but hey...
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: Arma 3 1.58 Release weirdness - 04/23/16 08:13 PM

Thanks for posting this Enven, it's useful.

Good to see you!

Re: Arma 3 1.58 Release weirdness - 04/24/16 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: adlabs6
Thanks for posting this Enven, it's useful.

Good to see you!
@adlabs6 - Good to see you too!

I am still missing the SP Difficulty settings in game. Its kind of bizarre, and my arma game profile (user) is not overriding. So I am kind of annoyed...I guess the biggest issue for me is that when I play SP I don't want to focus as much on Land Nav as I would in a MP game where the sandbox/missions are cooperative and there is more cohesion.

Kind of a PITA - if anyone knows what to do, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190130-difficulties-in-setting-difficulties-post-158/ Here is another forum post - seems people are having issues all around with this new (terrible) release.

- IF all else fails...I want to roll back if that is even possible.

Re: Arma 3 1.58 Release weirdness - 04/25/16 03:42 AM

Ok, found out the issue: CBA was the culprit. I removed it and upgraded to CBA_A3 and all was well...Had to remap my keyboard settings too..but that was it. What a PITA!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums