homepage

RH M4/M16 Pack Release

Posted By: near_blind

RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 10/28/13 03:44 PM

For anyone who feels that Arma 3 has a distinct lack of Stoners, Robert Hammer has released his M4/M16 pack over on the Arma 3 forums.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167618-RH-M4-M16-pack

I'm digging it. The sounds aren't the best, and I can't help but feel the front sight is a bit off, but it's imo the best AR-15 pack to be released so far.
Posted By: RSharpe

Re: RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 10/30/13 10:06 PM

Nice to have options to use the M4/M16 family of rifles. There seem to be some bugs with optics (the red dots are massive), including problems with using the M203 with optics. It would have been nice to have a proper US military SBR like the MK18 Mod 1, instead of that SBR with that terrible VLTOR rail.

I like the 12:00 mounting of the PEQ units.
Posted By: JAMF

Re: RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 11/01/13 12:59 PM

No Shrike? sigh
Posted By: gatordev

Re: RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 11/01/13 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: RSharpe
Nice to have options to use the M4/M16 family of rifles. There seem to be some bugs with optics (the red dots are massive), including problems with using the M203 with optics. It would have been nice to have a proper US military SBR like the MK18 Mod 1, instead of that SBR with that terrible VLTOR rail.

I like the 12:00 mounting of the PEQ units.

Robert Hammer worked with Ardvark and there already is a CQBR/MK18 MOD 1 out. It's very nice and has accessories. Unfortunately, it looks like Ardvark isn't working in A3 at the moment, so no more updates. The addon also includes Block 2 M4s.

Re: RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 11/01/13 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: gatordev
Robert Hammer worked with Ardvark and there already is a CQBR/MK18 MOD 1 out. It's very nice and has accessories. Unfortunately, it looks like Ardvark isn't working in A3 at the moment, so no more updates. The addon also includes Block 2 M4s.

Thanks. This is what I've been looking for. I guess the optics are ballistically calibrated by component, and RH's 5.56 aren't adjusted to the BDC of BIS's optics.

Re: RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 11/02/13 01:30 AM

Using Robalo's Rail mod, you might get around the BDC by using RH optics on the RHARD MK18s. I haven't messed with the Robalo's mod yet, so I can't tell you first hand.

In the mean time, using Tao's mod, the ELCAN has been close enough for BDC.
Posted By: Vertigo1

Re: RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 11/02/13 02:12 AM

Haven't had a chance to look at these, but from screenshots, it appears he's implemented the old PEQ-15's. The new PEQ-15's are boxy and gray.

Re: RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 11/02/13 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Vertigo1
Haven't had a chance to look at these, but from screenshots, it appears he's implemented the old PEQ-15's. The new PEQ-15's are boxy and gray.

Well there are plenty of details that aren't quite right, but it's closer than other mods. For instance, Magpul polymer MBUS instead of KAC micro BUIS sights? I wouldn't put MBUS on my personal rifle.

Re: RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 11/04/13 01:51 AM

Played with Robalo's rail transmorgrafication (thanks to BIS adding in the ability), and you can put RH optics on RHARD MK18s and vice versa. Works with Alwarren's Block 1.5 M4s, too. Works great. Although I can't solve your MBUS problem. They're not THAT bad (and actually pretty durable), they're just not as good as a KAC Micro BUIS for accuracy.

Moving on though, the Rail mod works great across multiple addons if supported, so I reccommened it.
Posted By: near_blind

Re: RH M4/M16 Pack Release - 11/09/13 05:52 PM

New version up on Armaholic
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23278
© 2024 SimHQ Forums