homepage

Had the wierdest thing happen....

Posted By: Coot

Had the wierdest thing happen.... - 09/04/13 04:58 AM

I set up a mission in the editor with the "Comanche" helicopter. I set up some empty boats in a bay so that I could enjoy some target practice and some free flying. After hitting the bay, I flew low level up the coast. I got to close to a tree and nailed it. My aircraft maintained power but I received an injury.(I love how impacts don't necessarily insta-destroy you in flight. Sometimes you can survive a ground strike)

Well I kept flying until I found a place to land so that I could get out and heal myself. After I landed, I got out. Immediately while kneeling down next to my bird, the multi-barrel gatling gun swung round in front of my face and started firing. eek I was in the process of bandaging my wounds when the gun spun further in and just ripped my rear to kingdom come. While watching the post death screen, I watched as my gunner gets out, jumps into the pilot's seat and flies away lol!

Did my tree strike make me an unfriendly with the BLUFOR A.I.? Somehow my Arma3 outing turned into and episode of Battlefield 3.
Posted By: Taosenai

Re: Had the wierdest thing happen.... - 09/04/13 05:23 AM

Yep! The AI decided that you intentionally crashed that helicopter (and probably hurt the gunner), and executed you for your crimes. What logic does it use to determine an intentional crash? Beats me!
Posted By: near_blind

Re: Had the wierdest thing happen.... - 09/04/13 05:32 AM

For reasons beyond any discernible logic, ARMA 3 considers all empty vehicles members of their respective sides. In the eyes of your gunner, all of those boats and that tree were innocent civilians, and he put an end to your senseless slaughter.
Posted By: Apocalypse31

Re: Had the wierdest thing happen.... - 09/04/13 06:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Coot
Somehow my Arma3 outing turned into and episode of Battlefield 3.

Did he also claim to have sexual relations with your mother?
Posted By: Cadmium77

Re: Had the wierdest thing happen.... - 09/05/13 08:30 AM

hahahahahahahahha

Pretty sad getting dissed by a machine.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums