homepage

Uh, so what happened now part II (hacking)

Posted By: Phoenix

Uh, so what happened now part II (hacking) - 07/21/13 12:09 AM

I have been unable to play any online ARMA 2 game for longer than fifteen minutes due to the ubiquity of hackers. It appears BIS is no longer releasing any patches or doing anything to curb this. Is this accurate?

How long has this been going on? If it isn't fixed, this will be the last BIS product I buy.
Posted By: JoeyJoJo

Re: Uh, so what happened now part II (hacking) - 07/21/13 02:37 AM

Pub servers have ALWAYS had hackers, this is true for all games. It has increased 10x for Arma since it always kind of flew under the radar; but when DayZ got popular they came flooding in.

Find a public server that is actively moderated (pretty hard to find for Arma); or find a private group (like SimHQ, ShackTack, etc.)
Posted By: Reschke

Re: Uh, so what happened now part II (hacking) - 07/22/13 02:32 AM

Yep find a private type public group and play with them. The group I have been playing with over at Survival Ops with the MSO group has a pretty good server setup.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Uh, so what happened now part II (hacking) - 07/22/13 03:02 PM

Well, it IS 2013. I stopped playing on public servers in 2003 IIRC, because of all the hacking going on THEN. If people were actually capable of finding public servers WITHOUT cheating in the last decade, I certainly never found any.

The Jedi Master
© 2024 SimHQ Forums