homepage

New Tracers?

Posted By: Ian Boys

New Tracers? - 05/10/07 11:10 PM

Hi all,

I believe there is a tracer mod out but i can't find a link. Can anyone help? It makes the tracers like glowing balls I believe.

Ian
Posted By: Dozer

Re: New Tracers? - 05/10/07 11:22 PM

The VBS2 mod, available for a limited time only at the knock-down rate of $1500?

There are videos of VBS2 with very nice tracers...
Posted By: Razorback

Re: New Tracers? - 05/11/07 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Ian Boys
Hi all,

I believe there is a tracer mod out but i can't find a link. Can anyone help? It makes the tracers like glowing balls I believe.

Ian

I have it but it is not as simple as dropping in the mod in the addon folder. I got it from the official site's mod forum.
Posted By: the soupdragon

Re: New Tracers? - 05/17/07 08:46 PM

Any chance of a link mate?
Posted By: ebud

Re: New Tracers? - 05/17/07 08:54 PM

Here is one link.
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ik...ST;f=69;t=61431

To make them work you have to edit existing missions. They also do not work for custom ammo unless you edit the script inside the tracer addon. Also they do not "replace" the BIS tracers so to remove those you also have to edit the weapon.pbo config to remove them. I think there already is a mod for that somewhere but I did my own. Now with my setup I've edited a few sp missions I always play to use them and removed the default tracers for small arms ammo. Since I don't play MP this isn't an issue, but for MP there would be issues.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: New Tracers? - 05/17/07 09:16 PM

Hi Ebud...long time.

Why no MP? Connection issues at home?? We've got a pretty good server here at SimHQ, mostly adults.

Ok.... I fake it... You oughta join us sometime if you can.

Anyway glad to see ya here. Lots of good folks/sim nuts here.
Posted By: ebud

Re: New Tracers? - 05/18/07 12:56 PM

Yeah Nixer, thats why I started posting on here lately. The "other" board is filled with idiots. This place... not so much \:\)

I'll try and get my copy of ARMA cleaned up or just install a version just for mp and give it a go.

About the tracers. If you need an example mission, let me know as I have a couple I use for templates.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums