homepage

Steel Fury Tigers

Posted By: 33lima

Steel Fury Tigers - 01/19/20 09:53 PM

Some random pics taken during the first mission in a campaign with the Tiger Is of Grossdeutschland.

Advance to contact. I'm platoon commander of three Tigers leading the left flank of a company-group attack on a Soviet-held hill - more of a low ridgeline, really.

[Linked Image]

I got held up by A/T fire which damaged a track, after shooting up another gun and a couple of MG positions which were hosing our troops. And at least damaging a pair of T-34s which were dug in poorly, skyling their turrets and drawing lots of fire. By the time I got going again, the force I was supporting - some Panzer IIIs with short 7.5 cm guns and panzergrenadiers in SPWs, who dismounted a long way from the objective - had passed me by. Then somebody called down a smokescreen, which pretty well hid everything from everybody.

[Linked Image]

Except the supporting Stukas, apparently, who were machine-gunning merrily into the middle of the smoke.

[Linked Image]

So I motored onto the objective until I could pick up some more targets. Including the lend-lease Churchill which came rolling in from the right...

[Linked Image]

...until I put an 8.8 cm AP round neatly into the side of his turret. You might be able to make out the penetration, in the pic below.

[Linked Image]

Unfortunately, I picked a bad place to halt to do this. The trenches nearby were still full of Soviet infantry, who first broke one of my tracks then disabled my tank. I could have stopped that if I'd parked somewhere else, checked and cleared the trenches with MG fire first, or kept up better with the panzergrenadiers who could have done the trench clearing for me. I'll know next time, my only excuse being that I've been away from tanksims too long...of which Steel Fury, modded, is still a first-rate example, despite somewhat wayward AI - pity it never got updated in line with Steel Armor Blaze of War.

Attached picture shot_2020_01_19_14_56_55_0000.jpg
Attached picture shot_2020_01_19_15_10_49_0001.jpg
Attached picture shot_2020_01_19_15_11_20_0002.jpg
Attached picture shot_2020_01_19_15_16_41_0003.jpg
Attached picture shot_2020_01_19_15_18_42_0006.jpg
Posted By: mdwa

Re: Steel Fury Tigers - 01/21/20 01:38 PM

Cool
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Steel Fury Tigers - 01/21/20 03:30 PM

That was a great game. Wish I still had it sometimes. Nice shots 33lima.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Steel Fury Tigers - 03/22/20 09:23 PM

Nice looking tanks models. smile

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums