homepage

Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only

Posted By: Blade_Meister

Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 10/02/19 03:39 AM

This thread is for Battle of Bodenplatte and GBS Screen Shots only. No skin, mod or any other type of advertisement please. Just good old screenshots from BOBP or any of the Great Battle Series. Anyone is allowed to post just please abide by the aforementioned request. Thanks for your consideration.

S!Blade<><

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte Scrrenshots Only - 10/02/19 03:45 AM

I have been waiting for the P38 for a longtime and I took her out for a spin tonight on the new map. I dropped by church in Köln and then took a spin down by the waterfront. cool
For the little bit that I saw, the detail level of the cities in the new map is pretty impressive. Seems like there is a lot to check out in this massive update. Right away I noticed
new sounds and it seems like they are highly improved.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte Scrrenshots Only - 11/16/19 02:42 AM

A pair of new ones.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/16/19 05:05 AM

And a few more..... cool

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/07/19 04:08 PM

Achtung Spitfire! The first mission startup at the revetment. burnout Trucks on the way popcorn and landed at the transfer base. winkngrin

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/07/19 05:25 PM

Darn Blade you are killing my budget But I guess eating is optional ar15 ,,Got the full set now Going to teach those godless Russians a thing or two

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/07/19 06:59 PM

Well rwatson, I am assuming you are older, as I am 55 myself, and I never met an older guy that couldn't afford to lose a pound or two, as I need to. So in all reality, I have done you a favor Sir. No need for thanks, You are welcome. winkngrin Do you only fly Luftwaffe?

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bisher

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/07/19 07:51 PM

Very nice Blade_Meister smile

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/07/19 09:46 PM

Heck Blade Meister 70 here and proud to say sill have my Marine trim as when as when I was 18... 32 inch waist a bit of PT going on and a good pup to keep me moving but my 36 inch stride keeps my miniature doberman trotting We truck out at 4 AM and she is always good to go and we enjoy the journey..Bloody pup is always up sporting her Eddie Bauer sweater..My best friend ..lost my hearing to a Chi Com and she lets me know when some one is about

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/09/19 02:48 PM

Thanks Bisher. Your pics in many of these threads are excellent additions and I enjoy each new posting you make.

Hey rwatson, all Respect to you for your Marine Career and that is amazing you have kept your 32 inch waist and physic. Well Done Sir! I have moved from 32 to 34 inch waste over the years but I am maintaining a very height weight proportional physic through 23 years of running, biking, swimming and working out at the gym. It just feels good to be in shape, making getting older a bit more tolerable.

Here are a few more from my outings. biggrin

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/09/19 04:39 PM

Great shots Blade and I fly for both sides..Got the great battles set and 5 IL-2 installs..BAT, VP Mod ..4.12 with Modact 5.3 Dark Blue World and and un-modded 4.13.4,,As for keeping in shape I don't have a car but live in a small town and between walking the pup and grocery shopping I get lots of excersise We go to the end of town at 4 AM and it's a mile down and a mile back

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/17/19 03:31 AM

Yea rwatson, I have like 4 versions of IL2 1946 myself. Could never see clear to figure out the VP and only installed the 1st 29 parts of BAT. DBW was my favorite and I still have it also. Here is one I forgot. Something a little different. yep

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 33lima

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/17/19 10:29 PM

Ah! Another Dark Blue World Fan! Compatibility with a huge number of good campaigns (in the ETO in particular) is still a big plus for DBW, compared to CUP and BAT, last I heard/found anyway.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

PS sorry, just read the thread title!

Attached picture 28.08.2017 21-30-24.jpg
Attached picture 02.03.2015 0-09-31.jpg
Attached picture 10.09.2017 22-00-02.jpg
Attached picture 25.06.2014 18-59-37.jpg
Attached picture 21.07.2013 21-52-55.jpg
Attached picture 16.01.2015 22-19-14.jpg
Attached picture 07.11.2013 23-07-15.jpg
Attached picture 06.10.2013 15-47-19.jpg
Attached picture 07.06.2014 13-14-51.jpg
Attached picture 28.05.2018 13-33-34.jpg
Attached picture 27.05.2018 16-57-32.jpg
Attached picture 16.11.2013 17-03-49.jpg

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/18/19 04:11 AM

Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only!!!! cuss

Look, I know you Norn Irons have your own Foreign Language over there Mucker, but for Pete's sake this is common English Sir! Ok, let me make it plain for you in your own tongue! exitstageleft

Here's me wha says ya? Ack go on, It's a wee melter and oh mummyyyy Mucker if yer a big lump and it does my head in if yer don't catch yourself on mate! Ach, yer dead on Mucker, so it is, but the instructions till yer I'm ascared were ah way footery. Anyway, yer no eejit mucker, so stop faffin round and do Norn Iron proud and show your lush! More power to your elbow Mate. Beezer, Ats us nai, don't wander around like a fart in a trance! winkngrin

Disclaimer: Not responsible for the above statement as Norn Irish is not my native tongue. Any International incidence that may arise from reading the above statement are solely the responsibility of the reader and the author may not be held liable for said writings. If you have read this far, slap it up ye! popcorn
If you must 33lima, you can grade this time consuming attempt to communicate with you in your native Norn Irish jargon on a scale of 1-10. 1 being a complete steek and 10 being some pup, or somewhere in between the two extremes.. Thanks for playing. yep duck

Nice pics though 33 lima.
S!Blade<><

catch, I think maybe it is my Southern drawl. Lets keep it GBS shots only please. There is a great WOTR thread started by Adger here: Wings Over The Reich Or were you just messing with me? LOL, this thread has gone a bit off track I fear?? biggrin

Retro Pic.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: catch

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/18/19 06:48 AM

LOL! Oh my, naughty Lima.

I'm sorry I'm not understanding your Irish brogue Blade? Must be the American accent. So WOTR pics are allowed then? biggrin

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/10/20 03:01 AM

Some FC shots. Technically GBS, so it's all good. yep

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

+ 1
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 03/22/20 09:12 PM

Took a flak hit.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wheels

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/11/20 12:24 AM

A few of the new Hurricane just added to TGBS.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 07/20/21 12:48 AM

This thread is popping up to show a few new ones.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 09/15/21 03:31 PM

One-oh-nines...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tiffies (AI)...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spits...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2021_9_15__12_16_19.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_15__12_16_11.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_15__12_20_24.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_15__12_15_48.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_15__12_15_9.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_15__12_15_22.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_15__12_25_26.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_15__12_26_51.jpg

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 09/22/21 10:51 PM

P-51, Cadillac of the Skies...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2021_9_22__22_39_36.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_22__22_42_54.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_22__22_44_51.jpg
Attached picture 2021_9_22__22_45_15.jpg

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 09/24/21 02:26 AM

Nice pics 33lima. i just updated Box and I am hoping to see what they changed this weekend, although I have been having an awful lot of fun learning the Mossie in DCS and flying the Tomahawk ind DWT. So much to fly and so little time to fly them.

S!Blade<><

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/16/21 04:41 AM

Whata ya gonna do? When it's time to die, it's time to die. The rear gunner tried to warn'em! CT

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vince H

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/21/21 05:35 PM

Wow Blade! Those shots are just krazy!

-V

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/22/21 05:18 AM

Thanks Vince. TGBS really is looking good after the cloud update. Now if they can deliver the P51b before Christmas.

S!Bla
de<>< CT

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 12/31/21 10:59 PM

Been waiting so long for this one.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Barkhorn1x

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/02/22 04:00 PM

Nice!

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/03/22 03:49 AM

Thanks Barkhorn1x. Here are a couple from the Advanced Quick Mission Generator recently added in TGBS. This is the single best addition that 1C has added to the sim period.The new clouds are nice, but interactive QMs with multiple different scenarios, top cover for ground pounding missions, random AI, random weather and all within a mission that takes about 20 - 30 minutes is exactly what the Dr. ordered for those times that you just don't have time to sit down and run a Career, a Scripted Campaign or join MP. I am hoping 1C continues to expand upon the AQMG as I believe there is more to be had within it. These are a couple of pics from an Aerodrome attack AQMB mission tonight.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/13/22 03:28 AM

In the first release of the P51 B/C the head movement of the pilot inside the cockpit was the same in both models. Think Malcom Hood view restricted to normal birdcage view. Today, just a couple of weeks after the initial release Team 1C has already remodeled the head movement for the Malcom Hood version and now you can take advantage of the bubble and get a better view of your 6. The 1C Team and TGBS have come a long ways from 2013. They really have there $h!+ together and TGBS is quite the WWII Sim now. Between Career Mode(yes there are still improvements needed, but they are changing it for the better quite often),PWCG(has taken TGBS to another level for SPs), The Advanced Quick Mission Generator(the best addition to mission building---> quickly and quick overall mission times) and the Scripted Campaigns(not mention the plethora of SP individual missions also available), the single player experience presents a lot to do in the TGBS. 1C is slowly improving the AI and they are beginning to close in on a rather good immersion in SP. Yes there are still improvements needed in quite a few areas, but thus is such in almost any Combat Flight Simulator. My hat is off to where 1C has taken us as of now, and I am looking forward to what is yet to come in TGBS. salute

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Adger

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/13/22 02:18 PM

Lovely shots Drew, it’s actually been quite a while since I flew any of the Box craft, I might have to reinstall and fire her up just to see if the AI has improved somewhat mate. That and the radio communications were the only things that stopped me from flying..it’s an incredibly beautiful series though.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/13/22 03:31 PM

VERY nice shots.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/13/22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Adger
That and the radio communications were the only things that stopped me from flying..

Yes, the radio comms, or lack thereof, is one of the things that really needs sorting... when you think of the comms system in the old IL2, it beggars belief they didn't want something similar in the new one banghead

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/14/22 05:58 AM

Gents, try this radio comms mod. It is not perfect, but it is about 90% better than the stock ones.

TGBS Radio Comms Mod

Cheers!

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/14/22 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Trooper117
Originally Posted by Adger
That and the radio communications were the only things that stopped me from flying..

Yes, the radio comms, or lack thereof, is one of the things that really needs sorting... when you think of the comms system in the old IL2, it beggars belief they didn't want something similar in the new one banghead

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
Gents, try this radio comms mod. It is not perfect, but it is about 90% better than the stock ones.

TGBS Radio Comms Mod

Cheers!

S!Blade<><

You’re right there Troop, nice one Drew il have a look at that mod..great shots once again mate.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/16/22 05:34 PM

TGBS Radio Comms Mod

Cheers!

S!Blade<><

Hey Blade; what does the comms mod do exactly?

Thanks.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/16/22 09:42 PM

It replaces most of the audio voice clips with audio clips from other sims and movies, and it also cuts down the annoying repetitive original audio. It's is not perfect, but it is much better than what the origina audio is IMHO. It is JSGME ready so try it out. Don't like it, just remove it.

S!Blade<><

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 01/17/22 03:46 PM

It replaces most of the audio voice clips with audio clips from other sims and movies, and it also cuts down the annoying repetitive original audio. It's is not perfect, but it is much better than what the origina audio is IMHO. It is JSGME ready so try it out. Don't like it, just remove it.

S!Blade<><

OK TY. Will do.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 03/30/22 12:35 AM

C-6 I think they call it.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 04/20/22 02:57 AM

The idea of eating tripe sounds disgusting, but flying a Tripe is so so SWEEEEEETTTTT!!! Guess what arrived today in FCII? biggrin

S!Blade<><

Barnstorming! yep jawdrop
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 04/20/22 11:00 AM

Looks great mate!
But if it's wings keep falling off like most of the FC aeroplanes I'll not be flying it sadly.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 06/10/22 01:40 AM

biggrin

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cernvids

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 06/22/22 09:25 AM

Your pics in many of these threads are excellent additions and I enjoy each new posting you make. vidmate.app saveinsta

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 06/24/22 12:54 AM

Thank you very much cernvids. Making a post now over in the Two Point Seven DCS thread now. yep

S!Blade<><
Posted By: Docjonel

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 07/01/22 06:23 AM

Wulf by moonlight.

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 07/24/22 01:16 PM

My most recent work using Shotcut. A lonewulf P38 mission during which I find a, you guessed it, 'Target Of Opportunity'. Hope you enjoy.

S!Blade<><

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 07/24/22 02:33 PM

Nicely done BM... although you had a couple of moments where I thought you were going to pile in!
I wish though they would do something about the animations for the AI when running away from attacked vehicles etc... that shuffle or waddle when running for your life is pretty naff.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 07/24/22 09:43 PM

Nahhhhh! I was enjoying a cigar with my throttle hand with the side window cracked a bit as I toyed with the train driver. The first run was just to unnerve him and show how skilled of Fork Tailed Devil pilot I am! The second run was all business, and the reason they were running like zombies is because they were petrified by my Brilliance winkngrin in the Lightning as I destroyed their entire train but spared each of the four of their lives. Each of those four Huns left that day for Switzerland and never fought another day in the war.
At least that is how it played out in my little brain. rolleyes

Check the gun run I made from the rear to the front of the train. When my P38 passes over locomotive there is a shock wave that makes the grass jump off the ground. hahaha LOL, that is one of my favorite parts of the video. I laughed hard when I first noticed it.

Glad you liked it Trooper. thumbsup

S!Blade<><

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 10/10/22 01:47 AM

D-Day

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 10/10/22 01:27 PM

Great pics!...

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 10/10/22 07:28 PM

Fantastic pics mate.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 10/19/22 12:24 AM

Back by popular demand, and a little diversion from the Sgt Fresh show. winkngrin

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 10/30/22 04:07 AM

And more.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 10/30/22 10:32 AM

That first pic is ace!... and yes, more please, the Fresh monster appears to be heading for world domination.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 10/31/22 02:47 AM

Must Battle Sgt Fresh for top spot!!!!!! winkngrin

Thanks Trooper and Ade.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/01/22 12:20 AM

Great Shots Drew.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/04/22 03:58 AM

Thanks Ade. From tonight's flight using my new EVGA RTX3090 which I purchased from kksnowbear along with an EVGA1000w PSU. yep Now if I can just afford the power bill. Of course running this beast will help lower my heating costs this winter, but I dread next summer. hahaha Eight times MSAA is a wonderful thing when snapping pics from replay. yep

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/06/22 04:17 AM

Another 109 on D Day!

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/06/22 12:51 PM

Another 109 on D Day!

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

Fantastic shot, enjoy your card the 3090 is a beast.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/11/22 03:20 AM

Thanks Ade. From tonight, and well yes I tried to turn fight an F2 in the dark. Oh bother, I should know better.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/13/22 05:35 AM

Back To BOS!

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bisher

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/13/22 06:34 PM

Love the atmosphere you captured in that shot Blade_Meister

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/17/22 02:58 AM

M...u...s...t... ...D...e...t...h...r...o...w...n

SGT... F...r...e...s...h...!...!...
!

yep ar15

Thanks Bisher! thumbsup
I assume the Hun behind me is out of rounds? neaner
S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/21/22 03:59 AM

Me trying to make the AI flinch. The old boy was solid as a rock, wouldn't budge an inch. We both landed, me trailing, and I followed him right to the parking spot. winkngrin

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/21/22 01:18 PM

Nice work mate... rarely get any good news regarding AI performance.

Re: Battle of Bodenplatte & GBS Screenshots Only - 11/22/22 02:58 AM

I have been stuck in the P38J in GBs ever since I got my Virpil CM3 dual throttle, and I think I am going to have to make a break for it and jump in the Mosie this weekend in both GBs and DCS and compare. I haven't even thought about jumping in the Ju52, The Ar 234, the Me410 or the Me 262 yet. So many multi engine WarBirds and so little time. Ah but I have a 4 day weekend coming up! Sooner or later I will have to journey to the Dark Side!

S!Blade<><

Me bending my P38J over backwards!
[Linked Image]

Having fun with vapor trails!
[Linked Image]

Turning the world upside down!
[Linked Image]
© 2024 SimHQ Forums